Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Stealth bump was likely one day only considering most of the stuff bumped is on sale starting tomorrow. Try to save values in the app around 3:50 am eastern.

Stealth bump was likely one day only considering most of the stuff bumped is on sale starting tomorrow. Try to save values in the app around 3:50 am eastern.
Do you think its going to be a 1 day bump? Has that happened before?

Is my math correct? If I'm an elite member and I'm trading in a $35 switch game at a PRESTIGE store tomorrow, then:

using the 40% ninokuni2 preorder nets me: $35 + $14 (40% preorder bonus) + $3.50 (prestige bonus)  = $52.50

or

using the $10 coupon nets me: $35 + $7 (20% elite bonus) + $3.50 (prestige bonus) + $10 (coupon) = $55.50

So the coupon is simply better, correct?

Is my math correct? If I'm an elite member and I'm trading in a $35 switch game at a PRESTIGE store tomorrow, then:

using the 40% ninokuni2 preorder nets me: $35 + $14 (40% preorder bonus) + $3.50 (prestige bonus) = $52.50

or

using the $10 coupon nets me: $35 + $7 (20% elite bonus) + $3.50 (prestige bonus) + $10 (coupon) = $55.50

So the coupon is simply better, correct?
The $10 switch coupon may stack on the Ni No Kuni bonus. The coupon stacked with the 5 dollar trade in bonus on switch. $45 trade in credit for 1-2 Switch was very nice

My PUR expired yesterday.  Haven't really paid much attention to gaming or trading since late last year.

I have a few games I don't think I am going to play.  I see they have a 40% bump if you trade towards Sea of Thieves.  I assume I can just put $5 down, renew my membership (Still not sure Pro makes much sense for me not a big flipper) and trade everything in one transaction?  Can they take my membership fee from the trade or do I need to pay for that first?

I also have the $10 promo for trading towards a switch game but seems like the 40% might be a better promo?

My PUR expired yesterday. Haven't really paid much attention to gaming or trading since late last year.

I have a few games I don't think I am going to play. I see they have a 40% bump if you trade towards Sea of Thieves. I assume I can just put $5 down, renew my membership (Still not sure Pro makes much sense for me not a big flipper) and trade everything in one transaction? Can they take my membership fee from the trade or do I need to pay for that first?

I also have the $10 promo for trading towards a switch game but seems like the 40% might be a better promo?
Yes, you should be able to do all that, including having your trade total pay for the membership.

As for the $10 promo vs. 40%, here's my math assumption for the titles bumped to $35 TIV with today's Prestige Day bonus factored in:

$10 coupon

$35 + $10 + $7 Elite [+ $3.50 10% Prestige Day bonus] = $52 [$55.50]

$5 bonus (for Fire Emblem Warriors)

$35 + $5 + $7 Elite [+ $3.50 10% Prestige Day bonus] = $47 [$50.50]

40% bonus

$35 + $14 [+ $3.50 10% Prestige Day bonus] = $49 [$52.50]

Since the 40% bonus includes the 20% Elite benefit, the $10 coupon looks to be slightly better for the 8 games to which it applies unless I'm missing something. The 40% is slightly better for FE Warriors.

So Best Buy has the LEGO marvel heroes 2 and ninjago movie games(ps4,xbox,switch) for 15.99 with gamers club or 19.99 standard and I made a nice flip with the 40% bonus towards sea of thieves/ni no kuni 2 and made 29.75(22.50 standard/no membership) per game with just the pro membership...just a FYI it’s like a 40% flip in trade credit

All the regular stores and my one Prestige store are wiped clean of Switch games. My Prestige store is about as useful as a candle in a fan factory.

So Best Buy has the LEGO marvel heroes 2 and ninjago movie games(ps4,xbox,switch) for 15.99 with gamers club or 19.99 standard and I made a nice flip with the 40% bonus towards sea of thieves/ni no kuni 2 and made 29.75(22.50 standard/no membership) per game with just the pro membership...just a FYI it’s like a 40% flip in trade credit
Seems like only switch items are hot

Will the $10 bonus on select NSW works on only one copy or multiple? I plan to trade in 2 title that qualified, but unsure if I will get only one instance or both.

Do we have confirmation of prestige day today? I still can't find any official announcements.
Call the store to confirm?

EDIT: I just called mine and the employee mentioned "Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all games at this store only" in his greeting.

Last question regarding the 40% and the $10 bonus for select NSW titles: can you do both promos in one transaction, where the POS is smart enough to just apply the $10 on the NSW titles and 40% on the others? Otherwise may need to do separate transactions to maximize value.

Last question regarding the 40% and the $10 bonus for select NSW titles: can you do both promos in one transaction, where the POS is smart enough to just apply the $10 on the NSW titles and 40% on the others? Otherwise may need to do separate transactions to maximize value.
Someone in the thread said that they stacked

So nice that the 4 stores closest to me are all Prestige within a 2 mile radius. Found some of the hot switch titles preowned in 1 store when it showed online they had none.

If I add up all of the bonuses, I get 140% increase in value, is that accurate? If so, I'll be calling local gamestops to get the current trade values of the games that I have.

If you visit your regular store and ask them to call a prestige store in your state, they can walk through the transaction on the phone and give you the B2 and 10% without having to go anywhere. Mention that you are a barterer.

If you visit your regular store and ask them to call a prestige store in your state, they can walk through the transaction on the phone and give you the B2 and 10% without having to go anywhere. Mention that you are a barterer.
most store's won't do this

I received this email regarding the 50% nsw coupon, so be on the lookout.
attachicon.gif
A223BEC8-DDF3-4873-B391-8691A4E25790.jpeg
Sender: GameStop <[email protected]>
Subject: Your Coupon Is on the Way

I have not received the email so I hope I get one soon. I just hope trade values are this good in a few weeks

I’m trading my high value games in today new super mario Bros and Mario 64 are 20-21 a piece...I don’t want to miss on that and wait for tomorrow’s sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back