Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the email too. So you should get it today if you're supposed to get the coupon.

Interesting dilemma...my b2g1 will post tomorrow most likely. Is it better to do a 40% + the bumped values, or 70% + possibly tanked values? Seems like if they drop to 30 then the 70% will be (slightly) better, but if they drop to 25 then the current values + 40% will be better.
I’m in the same situation...

If the Elite 20% stacks with the $10 nsw coupon, it’s better to do that than the 40%.

Yes, you should be able to do all that, including having your trade total pay for the membership.

As for the $10 promo vs. 40%, here's my math assumption for the titles bumped to $35 TIV with today's Prestige Day bonus factored in:

$10 coupon

$35 + $10 + $7 Elite [+ $3.50 10% Prestige Day bonus] = $52 [$55.50]

$5 bonus (for Fire Emblem Warriors)

$35 + $5 + $7 Elite [+ $3.50 10% Prestige Day bonus] = $47 [$50.50]

40% bonus

$35 + $14 [+ $3.50 10% Prestige Day bonus] = $49 [$52.50]

Since the 40% bonus includes the 20% Elite benefit, the $10 coupon looks to be slightly better for the 8 games to which it applies unless I'm missing something. The 40% is slightly better for FE Warriors.
Thanks. I had the trades in my car and got your post in time.

Think I did OK.

10 games 127.50 base. Seemingly no prestige store near here. One across the street from my parents are. Way to far to go today for 10%.

I did the 40% bonus. 127.50 + 51 (40%) = $178.50

I re upped to Elite and put $5 down on Sea of Thieves. $143.51 left in trade credit.

XBox One BioShock The collection shows $11 base on the app and website. But was only $10 in store. Not a big deal just strange.

Originally he scanned all 10 games and then put that on hold and was going to charge me $30 for Elite on a separate transaction. I said I would rather use the credit from the trades. He said that PUR is no problem but he has had issues doing Elite that way but would try. It worked just fine as you said it would.

Anyway thanks for the quick reply and math this morning.

- Hey POS which is more 20% of 35 or 10?

- Ahhhh ! Math is hard for computational machines. I don not know. I think I should just stack all of the deals.

Tomorrow, 3/14 is the LAST day to get the trade in bonus when buying a NEW switch game or console.

Plan accordingly.
Why did I just now pick up on this?

Hmm, hopefully I'll get one of those coupons, though I'm not getting my hopes up given I haven't received a countdown e-mail.

Don’t we get both 20% and extra $10 if we trade in the qualifying switch games with the coupon?

ad5080142ffd46c58e3f2b8f02cf18de.gif

You're taxes are due in a month, unless someone still claims you as a dependent. GameStop does not issue a 1099.

I'm more concerned about not paying 40% in taxes than getting 40% in TIC from gamestop.

Btw just traded some LEGO marvels 2 Nd ninjago on switch i thought it was supposed to be 27 for elite but they gave me 34 each so that was cool have another set I got from Best Buy might go do that in a bit

Btw just traded some LEGO marvels 2 Nd ninjago on switch i thought it was supposed to be 27 for elite but they gave me 34 each so that was cool have another set I got from Best Buy might go do that in a bit
Can you share the math on the reciept. Ive already done 2 sets and kept 1 for kiddo to play, but she showed no interest this spring break and Id rather load up on the credit. Also, what promotion did you trade for, 40% pre-order?

Also, have a B2G1 from renewing Elite, thinking of grabbing at the minimum 3 sets of games from that list you shared.

Thanks!

Can you share the math on the reciept. Ive already done 2 sets and kept 1 for kiddo to play, but she showed no interest this spring break and Id rather load up on the credit.

Also, have a B2G1 from renewing Elite, thinking of grabbing at the minimum 3 sets of games from that list you shared.

Thanks!
Actually seems it was 32 each says bonus promo 21096 5 dollars and then bonus power up card 20% 4.5 total 32

Just snagged 2x Xenoblade and a fifa as filler. There was only one prestige store conveniently located across my 800 mile drive today. Stopping in paid off.

Good day of buying boomerangs. I still can't trade them in because I'm close to the trade limit of $2000. [emoji852] I bought switch games that I haven't hit the limit on. I can confirm that the B2G1 free from Elite renewal works on multiple sets.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I know the $5 bonus towards switch games doesn't stack with the pre order bonus, but for lower value games will it pick the best promo if I'm trading in several games? Like will a high value switch game get the % bump but the lower value ones get the $5 bump. Or should I do different transactions?

I know the $5 bonus towards switch games doesn't stack with the pre order bonus, but for lower value games will it pick the best promo if I'm trading in several games? Like will a high value switch game get the % bump but the lower value ones get the $5 bump. Or should I do different transactions?
Do different transactions. I tried at one of stores I went to and I had to do to different transactions because it was only applying one promo.

I went to a non-prestige store tonight. I didn’t realize it had to be a Prestige store to get the buy 2 games get 1 free used game deal.
They honored the deal. I didn’t ask about any trade in offers, however.

So I'm likely going over ground that has already been well covered, but I've still got the $10 extra credit for (certain) Switch games in my active offers.  Do you get an extra $10 in credit *per* each of those games?  *Please don't hit me*

So I'm likely going over ground that has already been well covered, but I've still got the $10 extra credit for (certain) Switch games in my active offers. Do you get an extra $10 in credit *per* each of those games? *Please don't hit me*
If you do it all in one transaction it will work on all eligible games.

Do different transactions. I tried at one of stores I went to and I had to do to different transactions because it was only applying one promo.
You were right, had to do two transactions. It wanted to do the pre order bonus to all games and not the $5 bonus to the games that were lower value.

I ended up paying off a pre-order of Sea of thieves anyone know if I can transfer it to something else or am I stuck with it now?
I’m pretty sure you can transfer it and draw lots of JD attention all at the same time. I would personally pick it up with a gift receipt then return it to another store.

I’m pretty sure you can transfer it and draw lots of JD attention all at the same time. I would personally pick it up with a gift receipt then return it to another store.
seems like that would be the easiest game in the world to cancel a preorder on. just say you just found out its free on gamepass and would be crazy to pay full price for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back