Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's hoping the trade values don't tank (LOL Wishful thinking I know)
They will most certainly go down. They were explicitly guaranteed through 3/19, and historically they go down after this guaranteed date. They especially go down after a promo that nets a TIV if 0.50 less than the cost of multiple games new.

They will most certainly go down. They were explicitly guaranteed through 3/19, and historically they go down after this guaranteed date. They especially go down after a promo that nets a TIV if 0.50 less than the cost of multiple games new.
Not always lol I remember when GS lowered them early. It was fuck dumb.

Made about $70 off the Switch trade in coupon, still have the extra $10 coupon. How is everybody getting B2G1? Re upping pro/elite?
I believe you can still choose to upgrade for a shorter time period than the remainder of your standard... keepin dem coups and also recoupin’.

I couldn’t make it out today, but even if things drop to 27.50 I’ll still make 14. The last major coupon and the $20 deal are good for the month.

Between school, work and trying to close on the home I'm purchasing. I have no time to sit down and do research. Sucks to miss out but that is how it goes sometimes. 

Between school, work and trying to close on the home I'm purchasing. I have no time to sit down and do research. Sucks to miss out but that is how it goes sometimes.
closing on a house can be some stressful stuff, i did everything online and it was still a mess constantly scanning the same things over and over so they can see this and that. on top of that they locked my rate in early because everyone was saying "rates are going up" so they literally made it where my rate quote expired on the day i signed the papers for the house. and my realtor is talking about how one missed initial or signature on anything can delay the signing. i played alot of GTA V during that time.

Don’t fret too much. Not everyone can make it out between school and work. (I only got to do a tiny bit, and I’m always happy to up my credit).

Glad a good amount of people cleaned up. Hopefully this means we don’t have to wait forever between good deals.

Please do the surveys so we can have more prestige stores

Just wanted to say thanks to who ever mention that 50% coupon. Had the Lego games from last week BBY sale, picked up lego world and Rayman from a GS, and a Mario Oddessy at BBY with rewards points and then went to another GS and flipped them all!

Also the 4/10 sale. I picked up like 10 vita games, and COD IW to filled the steelbook I had. Hopefully the atleast half the vita games come with a original case.

What are you guys doing with your credit? I already have every console, and a huge backlog of games.
GS has officially become my rental service. I try to keep my purchases to the $27.99 - $37.99 pre-owned games, and buy only during b2g1, but when I do decide to trade the game back in I generally break even (if not make a couple dollars/game). Even if I lose a bit of money, it's totally okay with me as I get to keep the games for weeks-to-months at a time. Really wish they had launched the rental program, but not a big deal.

WAS buying a SNES classic every once in awhile and selling at cost on craigslist, to cash out some money, but those are easy to find now so that isn't the best way of moving GS credit back to cash.

What are you guys doing with your credit? I already have every console, and a huge backlog of games.
Hoarding it for the plague.

Also:

tenor.gif

An entrepreneurial mind can easily turn GS credit into cash at a profit given a little time.

All values on switch games tanked

Seems like the trade 3 Switch games get $20 extra is the way to go now.
Depends on trade in prices, anything that trades in for $15+ Base Gets over $10 each game in credit with 70% bonus at 70%. So trade in 3 games at $15 base each you’ll get $31.50 in bonus credit vs the $20 + $9 with the 20%

Almost everything I was going to trade in this week tanked. Oh well, it’s my own fault for not doing it earlier. I’m gonna hold onto them until Friday in hopes of a quick rebound before I trade them in and utilize the Detective Pikachu bonus bump.

Almost everything I was going to trade in this week tanked. Oh well, it’s my own fault for not doing it earlier. I’m gonna hold onto them until Friday in hopes of a quick rebound before I trade them in and utilize the Detective Pikachu bonus bump.
I’m in the same boat as you, probably just gonna trade it in for the 3 games get an extra $20 trade credit bonus. Unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Games are as follows all for Nintendo switch
(2) LEGO Ninjago
(1) LEGO Worlds
(1) NBA 2k18
(1) scrubblenauts showdown
(1) super Mario odyssey

Missed my window to trade in yesterday cause I was helping a friend with his taxes 😩.

Hey all you short-sighted cucks who want to explain all the little tricks you do to turn your profits, take that shit OFFLINE. Don’t post all your business here. There’s a Cag Discord, join that and run your pie hole over there. It’s this very shit that got everything hidden and caused a lot of good people to get banned. This loose talk is going to hurt all of us. So shut the fuck up already.

Hey all you short-sighted cucks who want to explain all the little tricks you do to turn your profits, take that shit OFFLINE. Don’t post all your business here. There’s a Cag Discord, join that and run your pie hole over there. It’s this very shit that got everything hidden and caused a lot of good people to get banned. This loose talk is going to hurt all of us. So shut the fuck up already.
I get that this is the internet and all, but I think we CAGs could show a bit more respect for our fellow Cheap Ass Gamers.

If I trade some games in and then renew my (currently still active) Power Up Rewards membership in the same transaction does it give me an immediate B2G1 offer to use or will I have to wait a few days for it to show up? I seem to recall it printing on a receipt at some point.

If I trade some games in and then renew my (currently still active) Power Up Rewards membership in the same transaction does it give me an immediate B2G1 offer to use or will I have to wait a few days for it to show up? I seem to recall it printing on a receipt at some point.
Takes a few days

HPB - Half Price books had a 50% coupon on Sunday. I was able to get +6 credit by buying Guitar Hero games and trading it in to GS. What fun

Is it possible to upgrade my active pro membership to elite pro or do I have to wait till it runs out and then upgrade? Sorry if this question has been answered before.

Is it possible to upgrade my active pro membership to elite pro or do I have to wait till it runs out and then upgrade? Sorry if this question has been answered before.
It's possible. They refund you for the time remaining on your Pro membership and put it towards the elite pro membership

it might also be worth considering renewing that pro a few times for the b2g1 before doing the upgrade. I think several others here went that route in the past.
I had just renewed it a couple of weeks ago to take advantage of the trade-in deals. I was able to turn some old games along with BB -> GS into a $500 in credit. I wish I would've remembered to switch to Elite Pro when I renewed but I've been extremely busy with school and work that I just forgot to do it.

Does anyone know how reserving a game for in-store pick up online works? I just did this with a copy of Far Cry 5 Gold Edition since I can't pre-order it at Best Buy anymore  :bomb: .

I didn't have to put any money down and I assume I just go in and pick it up next Tuesday, but seems too easy! 

RIP Lego Ninjago Switch trade value.  Thank you for your contribution.  I will think of you while eating my Subway sandwich.  

RIP Lego Ninjago Switch trade value. Thank you for your contribution. I will think of you while eating my Subway sandwich.
Looks like Lego Marvel 2 also dropped. I was going to keep the copy I picked up at Best Buy last week, but was going to trade it in towards Far Cry 5 Gold Edition since it looks like I am out of luck on getting it at Best Buy and now I need to make up for the loss of the GCU discount and $10 Reward Cert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back