Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did somebody mention there's a trade multiple games get bonus % deal incoming? Not talking about Switch +$20 for 3.

I don't know how to search just this thread on the mobile site (not trolling, if there's a way then please let me know).

I usually do the surveys to help out the GS employees, but I am wondering if an account can be flagged by a District Manager?  I always use multiple stores to buy and trade, but I heard DMs read the surveys.  Was wondering if any GS employees have any thoughts on this?  

How long does it usually take to get points from surveys? My prestige store say they are worth 1250 each but I haven't seen the points come up.

I usually do the surveys to help out the GS employees, but I am wondering if an account can be flagged by a District Manager? I always use multiple stores to buy and trade, but I heard DMs read the surveys. Was wondering if any GS employees have any thoughts on this?
This is DATED information, but might be still true.

When I was with the company, DMs received overall scores and were able to read comments. They were not tied to names.

How long does it usually take to get points from surveys? My prestige store say they are worth 1250 each but I haven't seen the points come up.
Pretty sure they lied to you. I've never received points for surveys. I think they did give them out at one time, but that was a while back.

I usually do the surveys to help out the GS employees, but I am wondering if an account can be flagged by a District Manager? I always use multiple stores to buy and trade, but I heard DMs read the surveys. Was wondering if any GS employees have any thoughts on this?
The store I do the most business with said the survey still counts for the store even if I submit it without my info. So i do just that. When it gets to the page asking for name and address I just click submit.

There’s a reason those guys are prestige. Lying to you so you’ll do surveys...Mention that in the survey.

So no free shipping and no checking store inventory of 9.99 games. Gamestop just isn't that interested in my business are they?
Through my elite membership I bought 4 games as part of the 4/20, paid $12, and got free shipping. had to go to checkout, then went back to cart view, it then applied all of the discounts and my elite membership. May try to see if that works.

Does anyone know how reserving a game for in-store pick up online works? I just did this with a copy of Far Cry 5 Gold Edition since I can't pre-order it at Best Buy anymore :bomb: .

I didn't have to put any money down and I assume I just go in and pick it up next Tuesday, but seems too easy!
Yep! I did the same thing with the GoW4 console. ZERO down, ZERO interest.

There’s a reason those guys are prestige. Lying to you so you’ll do surveys...Mention that in the survey.
So...Prestige stores are full of liars? :roll:

I grabbed 16 Vita games (all of the $9.99 ones that I don't already own.)  If they come cart only, I'll check all local GS for legit cases, they swap them out no problem.  If I can't find the cases I'll toss 'em on ebay and at least double my money.  Also grabbed a copy of Dark Souls 3 for $20.  Total went from $180 to $70.  Good deal!

Traded in some games on Sunday to get the bonus towards Sea of Thieves and the cashier made me pay off the whole thing with credit. Any chance I'd be able to return the game or am I pretty much stuck with it. I see no reason to own a copy when it's on Game Pass already.

Traded in some games on Sunday to get the bonus towards Sea of Thieves and the cashier made me pay off the whole thing with credit. Any chance I'd be able to return the game or am I pretty much stuck with it. I see no reason to own a copy when it's on Game Pass already.
Yeah just return the physical copy. If you're feeling spiteful, you can make sure you return it to the same store and same cashier.

can return it if its unopened

Yeah you can absolutely return it. Game Pass is exactly the reason you should use.

edit: ninja'd by two people

Where is the list for the 4 / 20 games?
2a99fd6fd7a1e56b6d958e8e07ab6db0.jpg

So no free shipping and no checking store inventory of 9.99 games. Gamestop just isn't that interested in my business are they?
Isn't that incredible (on the second point)? "We're going to have a sale on 10 dollar games...so let's go ahead an remove our store inventory checker for 10 dollar games!" ...what??? I guess it might be to force people to come into stores to look for themselves or to stop resellers but, man, that just hurts everyone.

Also, they removed almost every 5 dollar and under (under 9.99 really I guess) game from being available through the website. They didn't sell out, they just took them all down (includes junk they have an infinite number of copies of). That one makes more sense considering how much they probably lost on the 4/10's (and 4/4) shipping out one game at a time, but really, that what a stupid way to do that in the first place.

Isn't that incredible (on the second point)? "We're going to have a sale on 10 dollar games...so let's go ahead an remove our store inventory checker for 10 dollar games!" ...what??? I guess it might be to force people to come into stores to look for themselves or to stop resellers but, man, that just hurts everyone.

Also, they removed almost every 5 dollar and under (under 9.99 really I guess) game from being available through the website. They didn't sell out, they just took them all down (includes junk they have an infinite number of copies of). That one makes more sense considering how much they probably lost on the 4/10's (and 4/4) shipping out one game at a time, but really, that what a stupid way to do that in the first place.
Smart on them to force you to come to the store.

I have $800 in credit. Used iPhone 8 Plus is $749. New one is only $50 more everywhere else. What can I purchase and flip without losing too much?

Since some folks are asking what people ordered, I ordered 20 for 65$ about 3.25 a piece. I ordered these to add to the collection.

[attachment=29863:7E0F69CF-DC79-419C-91E7-D386FF290344.jpeg]

What do you do it there not complete ?
I rather pick up in store and make sure they're complete.

Normally so do I but my local stores are pretty good about letting me switch cases if they have a complete one. I know DS games are rarely complete so I don’t mind about those.

Did somebody mention there's a trade multiple games get bonus % deal incoming? Not talking about Switch +$20 for 3.

I don't know how to search just this thread on the mobile site (not trolling, if there's a way then please let me know).
ASM at one store and the SM at another store in Long Island today told me that 4/4 - 4/10 is a 30% for 2 games, 40% for 3 games, and 50% for 4 games promo. No other details.

Anyone else here receive the physical copy of GameInformer?  I somehow get two copies mailed to me and they have different covers for being the 300th issue.  I got a Metroid and an RDR.

They literally have been writing 1250 at the bottom of receipts... I didn't mind do the survey but not I'm a bit irritated that 4 different stores are telling me this

Anyone else here receive the physical copy of GameInformer? I somehow get two copies mailed to me and they have different covers for being the 300th issue. I got a Metroid and an RDR.
I actually get 3 copies of game informer monthly. 1 for my main account and for some reason 2 for my gf's account. I got the red dead and metroid.

I'm not sure if I should be impressed or worried. I placed an order for 32 games and got 1 tracking number with all 32 games on the invoice. Over/Under on how many games will be missing? Results on Thursday.

I see in the weekly ad, you can get a USF4 download if you preorder the Street Fighter 30th Collection. Question is, do you get it at the time of the preorder or when you pick up the game? Im assuming the latter.

I see in the weekly ad, you can get a USF4 download if you preorder the Street Fighter 30th Collection. Question is, do you get it at the time of the preorder or when you pick up the game? Im assuming the latter.
Official Capcom statement says on receipt after picking up/email within 1 to 2 weeks for digital release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back