Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody tried trading in one of those power-a wired switch controllers?

Probably gonna trade in my switch when TIV goes back to $250 and will have no need for the controller. GS app shows "Switch Pro Controller (Other) - Used" for $7 TIC, and I wonder if that is the TIV for the wired controllers, since that is a really low TIV for anything switch related?

Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread but I wanted to take advantage of the $10 Coupon toward Switch trade Ins. Does the Elite Pro (20%) + $10 coupon for certain Switch titles stack if I trade them In?  Also will I get $10 extra for each eligible switch title that gets traded?

What happens if you are going to return one of the 4 for $20 games? Can I exchange it for another $10 game that will convert it to the sale price?

Most of the previously listed GS>BB movers are dead as of tonight.
Yeah BB nerfed those TIVs again

I was comparing TIVs between GS and BB on some of the 4/$20 games from this past sale. Consistently with older XOne games, BB base TIV was was 9-10% higher than GS. Add this with the 10% GCU bump, it’s ~$.01 difference between BB and GS with the 20% Elite Pro bump. I know GS has bonuses most of the time, but it was interesting to see that the two companies offer the same TIV on older games, but through a bit different means. Sample size was 25 XOne games ranging from $1.50-6 base TIV.

The one game differing quite a bit was GTA IV X360. GS base $1.50, BB $5.46.

I recommend you consider vacation club points. We bought points for the Grand Floridian Villas before they opened for $9,000 and that allows us to stay there 4 days 3 nights every year or a week every other for 50 years. These villas are $500+ a night out of pocket. The points work at any Disney resort including non-theme park options as well...a great investment imo
dont you pay like 2k a year in dues for those points though?

dont you pay like 2k a year in dues for those points though?
It started at $26/month and has gone up over time to $30/month so ~$360/yr. Dues kinda suck but my expectation for the cleanliness and upkeep is high so there is a tradeoff.

We have stayed at various onsite resorts over the years, but the experience at the Grand Floridian is a nicer resort imo and the experience is consistent and convenient (monorail).

It works as a resort when we choose to skip theme parks altogether as well as provides the option to avoid buses (the worst!) if we only do magic/epcot.

i didnt know they were that cheap before they are high as hell now. you must be grandfathered in.

we just took a trip a few weeks ago and i agree with the buses. we do uber or the minnievans. its like $8 a way for uber or $20 for the minnievans but nothing beats being dropped off up front of the parks and being picked up without a wait.  

Is anyone else having trouble with Gamestops trade in site? I went to check some trade in values & some stuff isn't showing up. Also it won't let me click consoles or any others, it seems stuck on games. I checked with a different system, & same problems, so I don't think it's my system.

i didnt know they were that cheap before they are high as hell now. you must be grandfathered in.

we just took a trip a few weeks ago and i agree with the buses. we do uber or the minnievans. its like $8 a way for uber or $20 for the minnievans but nothing beats being dropped off up front of the parks and being picked up without a wait.
We took the minnievan to animal kingdom in january and that was great. Unfortunately, there were none to be found for the return trip and we got stuck with the bus lol

Is anyone else having trouble with Gamestops trade in site? I went to check some trade in values & some stuff isn't showing up. Also it won't let me click consoles or any others, it seems stuck on games. I checked with a different system, & same problems, so I don't think it's my system.
Same here. Some games missing altogether and other games' artwork missing.

Also consider that the boomerangs and flips were mainly on new copies, so just return that shit

Best Buy is also the outlet for many uses of credit so you’re not restricted to video games, collectibles, and a handful of gift cards...lowering TIVs is part of the process.

Sorry if this has been answered earlier in the thread but I wanted to take advantage of the $10 Coupon toward Switch trade Ins. Does the Elite Pro (20%) + $10 coupon for certain Switch titles stack if I trade them In? Also will I get $10 extra for each eligible switch title that gets traded?
Yes and Yes

My pro card is about to expire. Trying to figure out if I want to renew it or upgrade to the Elite Pro. I've got some controllers and a PS3 Slim I need to trade in, but not sure if I want to trade the console for $50 right now, I feel like they will run a promotion on console trades again before too long. 

My pro card is about to expire. Trying to figure out if I want to renew it or upgrade to the Elite Pro. I've got some controllers and a PS3 Slim I need to trade in, but not sure if I want to trade the console for $50 right now, I feel like they will run a promotion on console trades again before too long.
Renew at least 2 times for pro and the at a later time (like a week or so later ) upgrade to elite. End up with 3 B2G1's for the cost of just upgrading to elite and getting only one B2G1.

I'm sitting on a PS3, Xbox 360, and possibly a Wii U if the price was ever good enough. I'm worried they won't want these last gen console anymore and won't run another good promo for them.

I'm sitting on a PS3, Xbox 360, and possibly a Wii U if the price was ever good enough. I'm worried they won't want these last gen console anymore and won't run another good promo for them.
Sell the Wii U on eBay. I've sold 3 or 4 of them for around $150+ each.

With the site in general. If you try to search for a game, you just get sent right back to the main page, can't search local inventory, etc. Awesome.

I am worried about that as well. The Wii U you could easily sell online though and get a decent amount for it. I just bought this PS3 for $20 very randomly off a complete stranger the other day so even if I sold it for the $50 it's worth now I am still ahead. The extra controllers alone are worth more than twice as much as I paid for the lot.

Debating on trading it for the $50 along with the controllers this weekend. Also hoping they don't make me use all my credit towards a pre-order to get the extra trade bonus, I am just trying to put $5 on Dark Souls, but I want to actually buy it at Best Buy for the obvious reasons of GCU.

At the very least I am going to trade these extra controllers in and pick up a new Dualshock 4 controller.

I am worried about that as well. The Wii U you could easily sell online though and get a decent amount for it. I just bought this PS3 for $20 very randomly off a complete stranger the other day so even if I sold it for the $50 it's worth now I am still ahead. The extra controllers alone are worth more than twice as much as I paid for the lot.

Debating on trading it for the $50 along with the controllers this weekend. Also hoping they don't make me use all my credit towards a pre-order to get the extra trade bonus, I am just trying to put $5 on Dark Souls, but I want to actually buy it at Best Buy for the obvious reasons of GCU.

At the very least I am going to trade these extra controllers in and pick up a new Dualshock 4 controller.
Trading at a 40% boost is a better return than getting a 20% discount.

$40 x 0.8 = $32

$40 / 1.4 = $28.57

So essentially it would take $28.57 of base trade credit boosted at 40% to buy a $40 game. And it's probably possible to acquire the $28.57 worth of games / accessories for less than $28.57. Nevertheless there are still good reasons to buy at BB with GCU.

So if I return one of the 4 for $20 games, the other three will still reflect the sale? so essentially I got 3 for $15?

Trading at a 40% boost is a better return than getting a 20% discount.

$40 x 0.8 = $32

$40 / 1.4 = $28.57

So essentially it would take $28.57 of base trade credit boosted at 40% to buy a $40 game. And it's probably possible to acquire the $28.57 worth of games / accessories for less than $28.57. Nevertheless there are still good reasons to buy at BB with GCU.
The trade bonus is definitely a better deal for the game, but it doesn't come out until May and I would rather use the credit towards a new controller and some stuff I can't regularly get cheaper elsewhere. I also don't have Elite Plus, so I would only get 30% extra but my Pro membership expires soon, so I may go ahead and upgrade to the Elite Pro.

Yeah I'm having trouble with the site too. Got 2x dualshock 3 I wanna dump for $36 but was hoping they'd have a bonus if I put it towards God of War...

Sell the Wii U on eBay. I've sold 3 or 4 of them for around $150+ each.
Honestly I stay away from eBay, don't want to deal with the hassle as the seller. I know the odds of getting a psycho winning the bid is low, I just don't want to deal with the worry of it.

The trade bonus is definitely a better deal for the game, but it doesn't come out until May and I would rather use the credit towards a new controller and some stuff I can't regularly get cheaper elsewhere. I also don't have Elite Plus, so I would only get 30% extra but my Pro membership expires soon, so I may go ahead and upgrade to the Elite Pro.
Yeah. There's always extra stuff to consider. Hope you find a good deal that works for you.

Honestly I stay away from eBay, don't want to deal with the hassle as the seller. I know the odds of getting a psycho winning the bid is low, I just don't want to deal with the worry of it.
I never sell using auctions, just Buy It Now listings. There are less flaky buyers that way.

Had loser fake seller accounts not completely screwed it up for everybody else, Amazon would have been a good means of selling whatever it is you have. However, they have now restricted individual selling account rights to the point of it literally not even being possible to sell pretty much anything on there. The number of issues I faced with buyers on Amazon marketplace paled in comparison to eBay.

Swappa is an alternative, but there is very little traffic for video game stuff since I don't think anybody knows you can sell that stuff on there.

I never sell using auctions, just Buy It Now listings. There are less flaky buyers that way.
Somebody on Reddit mentioned using "Buy it Now" w/ "Best Offer" activated. Have to make sure that the settings to "Automatically decline offers lower than..." is checked and filled in, but to leave "Automatically accept offers of at least..." unchecked, as you can then be notified of whom the buyer is, check their feedback, and then accept if they're up to your standards.

My problem with just using BIN by itself is you have no way of seeing who is interested before they buy, and then you get some person with zero feedback who just joined who bought your item. If it's an expensive item, I know I personally wouldn't take that gamble selling to a new buyer.

So turns out my friend who wants trade in his PS4; the controller is dead. Won't charge or activate. I got it to light up but trying to sync it seems to have killed it

Anyways what's the best option to trade in to GS? They charge you to buy a new controller and it comes off the total right? Do they accept defective controllers too? Even for like a buck lol.

Thanks

there's an NES classic in Milwaukee if anyone wants one

Midtown Center - Milwaukee, WI 53216 - PreOwned
That store is sketch as hell. I can usually pick up hard to find things there though. It's connected to a police station and you still worried you'll get shot and it always smells like weed. Last time I was there they got a new store lead who turned off their TV and had a massive speaker playing screamo music.

Had loser fake seller accounts not completely screwed it up for everybody else, Amazon would have been a good means of selling whatever it is you have. However, they have now restricted individual selling account rights to the point of it literally not even being possible to sell pretty much anything on there. The number of issues I faced with buyers on Amazon marketplace paled in comparison to eBay.

Swappa is an alternative, but there is very little traffic for video game stuff since I don't think anybody knows you can sell that stuff on there.

Somebody on Reddit mentioned using "Buy it Now" w/ "Best Offer" activated. Have to make sure that the settings to "Automatically decline offers lower than..." is checked and filled in, but to leave "Automatically accept offers of at least..." unchecked, as you can then be notified of whom the buyer is, check their feedback, and then accept if they're up to your standards.

My problem with just using BIN by itself is you have no way of seeing who is interested before they buy, and then you get some person with zero feedback who just joined who bought your item. If it's an expensive item, I know I personally wouldn't take that gamble selling to a new buyer.
eBay doesn’t really let you NOT sell to people with low or no feedback whether it’s a BIN or auction. You can put in your listing that you won’t deal with buyers in that category, but it’s not enforceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back