Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
The trade values section mentions getting up to $80 more for an Xbox One or PS4.  Sounds like the usual tiered values offer where the X1X is the only console that gets $80.  How much does a PS4 Pro get with this offer?  Any chance it trades in for $300+?

eBay doesn’t really let you NOT sell to people with low or no feedback whether it’s a BIN or auction. You can put in your listing that you won’t deal with buyers in that category, but it’s not enforceable.
There isn't any real foolproof way to NOT sell to low feedback buyers, but that's why I put the part about the best offer thing. That's about as close as you'll get to being able to screen people. Say I am selling an xbox controller. MSRP is $60, but if I put the BIN pice at full MSRP (or even above MSRP), nobody will likely buy it straight out at my BIN price, but instead make me an offer. This is where the Best Offer settings come in. If I set it up to auto reject offers below $40 (or whatever), and don't check the "automatically accept offers that exceed x amount", they will offer me between $40 (they can't see that's my lowest accepted price, but they may make enough offers, without using all thir offers hopefully, to hit that number) and $60. I'll then see the offer they made and from there I can look up their seller feedback and how long they've had their account. If they aren't up to my standards, I deny their offer and possibly even add them to my block list if I don't want to deal with them again.

Works a lot better than just doing straight up BIN without best offer, as THAT is a complete gamble. Even if I do BIN by itself, I don't care if it messes with my seller metrics I will cancel if the buyer has very little feeback or new account (this really only applies if it's a really expensive item I don't want to get burned on, if they're new/have little feedback. On the other hand, I don't take any of these aforementioned precautions if the item I'm selling is cheap enough).

The trade values section mentions getting up to $80 more for an Xbox One or PS4. Sounds like the usual tiered values offer where the X1X is the only console that gets $80. How much does a PS4 Pro get with this offer? Any chance it trades in for $300+?
I doubt it. I think it was only getting $250 (same as switch) during the last promo. I would love to be wrong though, as I want to get rid of mine.

There isn't any real foolproof way to NOT sell to low feedback buyers, but that's why I put the part about the best offer thing. That's about as close as you'll get to being able to screen people. Say I am selling an xbox controller. MSRP is $60, but if I put the BIN pice at full MSRP (or even above MSRP), nobody will likely buy it straight out at my BIN price, but instead make me an offer. This is where the Best Offer settings come in. If I set it up to auto reject offers below $40 (or whatever), and don't check the "automatically accept offers that exceed x amount", they will offer me between $40 (they can't see that's my lowest accepted price, but they may make enough offers, without using all thir offers hopefully, to hit that number) and $60. I'll then see the offer they made and from there I can look up their seller feedback and how long they've had their account. If they aren't up to my standards, I deny their offer and possibly even add them to my block list if I don't want to deal with them again.

Works a lot better than just doing straight up BIN without best offer, as THAT is a complete gamble. Even if I do BIN by itself, I don't care if it messes with my seller metrics I will cancel if the buyer has very little feeback or new account (this really only applies if it's a really expensive item I don't want to get burned on, if they're new/have little feedback. On the other hand, I don't really care to take those precautions if the item I'm selling is cheap enough).
The problem with this method is you lose a lot of potential sales by listing full price, even with best offer, because buyers will still look elsewhere.

The problems I have with low/no feedback buyers is definitely in the minority so I don’t think it’s worth that kind of trouble to screen them.

So turns out my friend who wants trade in his PS4; the controller is dead. Won't charge or activate. I got it to light up but trying to sync it seems to have killed it

Anyways what's the best option to trade in to GS? They charge you to buy a new controller and it comes off the total right? Do they accept defective controllers too? Even for like a buck lol.

Thanks
you killed the controller and you killed your friend.

maybe purchase a pre owned controller with points.

Does GameStop’s website ever offer free shipping if you aren’t a super platinum gold member? There’s some games I want to buy but I can’t pull the trigger knowing I have to pay $7-10 for shipping. Especially knowing that the “new” game may very well be used. Their website wouldn’t even work yesterday for me, half the page wouldn’t load and I kept getting some “game over” message when I clicked on stuff. I can wait for free shipping but I wasn’t sure if it’s ever even offered anymore. Thanks!

No. The free shipping they had before was for 7-10 days; the free shipping for Elite members now is 2-day. They ship from multiple stores, not just the warehouse, so they would lose money on shipping if they stuck with the old method. Your order would probably be 2 or 3 packages coming from different locations.

No. The free shipping they had before was for 7-10 days; the free shipping for Elite members now is 2-day. They ship from multiple stores, not just the warehouse, so they would lose money on shipping if they stuck with the old method. Your order would probably be 2 or 3 packages coming from different locations.

Thanks, I guess it’s a moot point anyway because their site still looks like garbage today. I’ve tried multiple browsers and even different networks. The “log in” button is grayed out and all the links are stacked on the left side of the page. They must be having major website issues. Oh well, I don’t need more games and it sounds like free shipping is off the table anyway unless you pay to be a member.

App is up again. Inventory Update I suppose. Is today the last day for $25 boost in consoles for elite?

Coupon says today is the last day
The date on the coupon itself is 3/31. It may or may not disappear from your account today, so make sure to save a copy of it.

EDIT - Same for the $10 bonus credit for select :switch: games.

I just traded in my Original 500gb One and the store manager could not find why the $80 was not stacking. He said he'd take the loss and that the store needed to clarify if it was already in the included trade value or for specific consoles. Ended up with the PUBG One S for $50 and some change.

I just traded in my Original 500gb One and the store manager could not find why the $80 was not stacking. He said he'd take the loss and that the store needed to clarify if it was already in the included trade value or for specific consoles. Ended up with the PUBG One S for $50 and some change.
By the looks of it, it's already included. Just saw what the 500gb PS4 was going for (and what I traded it in for a month ago) and it's about $80 more now. YMMV to all others trying to trade in their systems.

I know it's wishful thinking but the $150 value for the VCR xb1 has been that way for over a week...it's not like the promo and the console bump happened together...then again it is GS we're talking about here. If the system doesn't apply the promo automatically I expect those console values to drop dramatically real soon.

Hoping the "up to" language is a reference to the condition of your trade and not the specific console being traded.

damn, i would take $380 for an x for sure. plus the $25 extra coupon, $405? yeah, not happening.

By the looks of it, it's already included. Just saw what the 500gb PS4 was going for (and what I traded it in for a month ago) and it's about $80 more now. YMMV to all others trying to trade in their systems.
Somebody needs to clarify this. Am willing to sell my Star Wars PS4 Pro system for $270 after the Initial $192 Cash posted on the trade value. Is it Cash? Credit? (Which would boost it to $320 after $240) Gamestop Terms didn't say smh

Anyone find out if the $80 bonus is on top of the regular trade in price or not?
The price on the trade in page listing is the value you get. That $80 nonsense is not any kind of additional trade value. PS4 Pro says $240 and that's what I was offered. Just a sleazy bit of fake news from GS.

Letting this extra $10 on select switch games coupon expire makes me sad, but $40 isn't enough for these games when I got $59.50 just a couple weeks ago.

This is where I am now, wondering if I should use my $10 offer on these or wait till next month to see if there's something better. Zelda has been solid for retaining its value though.
I wasn't fast enough to grab the mispricing, but I did get 6 of the select titles using b2g1 coupon yesterday, so I'd still make $8 per game, but I feel like I could do better. Rumoured upcoming 6 for +50% tiv over base may be a better deal if base price rises for those select titles.

I'll go in tomorrow to get the $20 for 3 bonus on the crap Switch games I'm hoarding. I could see bases falling on those. I don't feel like Cars 3 will get better than $18 + $6.66 anytime soon.

Yeah. If you have shitty games you might be better off. I feel like Odyssey and Breath of the Wild will be over $50 in trade in value(post promotion of course) at some point. I may be flying too close to the sun though. 

The price on the trade in page listing is the value you get. That $80 nonsense is not any kind of additional trade value. PS4 Pro says $240 and that's what I was offered. Just a sleazy bit of fake news from GS.
Did you confirm this with a Gamestop manager or you are just guessing? $240 Trade credit before the $80 boost is $160 which is a joke for a Pro System. I need somebody else who did the actual trade here to confirm things before I bring it to gamestop and not look like a fool lol

I'll go in tomorrow to get the $20 for 3 bonus on the crap Switch games I'm hoarding. I could see bases falling on those. I don't feel like Cars 3 will get better than $18 + $6.66 anytime soon.
Agreed...I have 2 sets of 3 including Cars 3, Has Been Heroes and Monopoly...fingers crossed for the "rare" Saturday bump but probably not gonna happen.

My other set of 3 is Mario Odyssey, NBA 2k18 and Mario Rabbids...the latter 2 aren't even showing up in their system right now but my guess is that they will hold value until the next promo or bump.

Yeah. If you have shitty games you might be better off. I feel like Odyssey and Breath of the Wild will be over $50 in trade in value(post promotion of course) at some point. I may be flying too close to the sun though.
$50 would do it for me. I'm far too close to the sun with the inventory I racked up this month.

Those and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe are the best selling Switch games and almost every Switch owner has at least one if not all three of those games so there will always be plenty of copies floating around, but as usual with Nintendo first-party games they will hold their value until the inevitable Nintendo Selects repackaging/price drops. I don't see Nintendo Selects coming to Switch anytime soon though so these should hold value until then at least.

Really wish I would have waited to go to lunch so I could have gotten in on that Zelda price error at Best Buy though, I just upgraded to Elite Pro and would have loved to take advantage of the extra trade credit deal. I have a copy of Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 that I may trade though, can't seem to find a value on the site anymore though and am hoping it didn't tank.

Did you confirm this with a Gamestop manager or you are just guessing? $240 Trade credit before the $80 boost is $160 which is a joke for a Pro System. I need somebody else who did the actual trade here to confirm things before I bring it to gamestop and not look like a fool lol
You NEED to try it yourself, then.

Sorry if it has been asked before, but is the extra $25 pur coupon stacking with extra $80 for systems promo? Has anyone tried it?? 

Usually the fine print on these promos say "cannot be combined with any other offers." If it stacks, you can get $245 for a vcr Xbox One 500gb console. Even without the extra $25 coupon, $220 for a 500gb vcr is awesome. I will help my friend upgrade to an S model if that is the case. Pur Coupon expires tomorrow though. And thanks in advance.

I attempted the actual trade. Was my post not clear? I had the system in the store and that was going to be the trade value. The $80 isn't related to anything more than probably referring to some old lowball value of the X1X since it says "up to $80".

The problem with this method is you lose a lot of potential sales by listing full price, even with best offer, because buyers will still look elsewhere.

The problems I have with low/no feedback buyers is definitely in the minority so I don’t think it’s worth that kind of trouble to screen them.
You're absolutely right, especially if they use up all their offers or just don't want to wait for me to accept their offer.

I only ever use the method I described, w/ best offers, when I'm selling an item for hundreds of dollars and want to be as vigilant as possible (it is annoying that eBay doesn't allow you the seller to put buying limits or minimum feedback scores you will sell to... but they couldn't care less as they make money on the sale no matter what and it doesn't impact them negatively in the least whether you're selling to good or bad buyers).

the gamestop site is screwing up for me, but i swear this half mobile/half website lists the x at $300
That's what I saw yesterday as well, which is low considering last time I think it was $350. It says this offer doesn't stack with other offers, but I have a hard time believing the $25 bonus hardware coupon for switch, X1, or PS4 wouldn't stack.

Somebody needs to clarify this. Am willing to sell my Star Wars PS4 Pro system for $270 after the Initial $192 Cash posted on the trade value. Is it Cash? Credit? (Which would boost it to $320 after $240) Gamestop Terms didn't say smh
Promos pretty much never apply to cash trades.

Anyone else get in on the BB Zelda price glitch? Got 3 copies for $11 each
I wasn't fast enough to grab the mispricing, but I did get 6 of the select titles using b2g1 coupon yesterday, so I'd still make $8 per game, but I feel like I could do better. Rumoured upcoming 6 for +50% tiv over base may be a better deal if base price rises for those select titles.
I know Wario64 generally posts price mistakes, but I was hoping there was a way for an app like IFTTT to trigger when he specifically posts about price mistakes or the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back