Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Zelda trades for over $40 with this promo. Might trade it for some Xbone spacebux and buy Forza.

The last few times that there was a cash same as credit promo Cali got a 50% bonus instead due to some laws that don't allow it here. I'm pretty sure this is the same case so if your state has the cash same as credit promo I wouldn't count on getting the 70% bonus. This would also explain why a few people have confirmed that the 70% promo has worked here in Cali but not in any other state.

It’s a joke alright... As an example, Middle Earth - Shadow of War shows base trade in of $15. If you are elite pro, shows trade in base of $18 before promo. Additional percent is based on original base, (not elite pro base) so instead of getting $30.60, you would get $25.50. fuck gamestop promo math...
There’s no nice way to put this so here it is: you’re a windowlicking idiot and part of the reason why veteran members have gone off site.

Nothing you’ve posted is factually correct in the least and has done nothing but rile people up for zero reason. Not only do you not know what a base value is but for some reason you’re expecting a 70% bonus on top of the 20% from Elite. Thats the only possible way a fuckhead like you could expect $30.60 on a base $15 game.

Do some basic research. Read whatever FAQ is available. And stop running your mouth about something you know zero about.

There’s no nice way to put this so here it is: you’re a windowlicking idiot and part of the reason why veteran members have gone off site.

Nothing you’ve posted is factually correct in the least and has done nothing but rile people up for zero reason. Not only do you not know what a base value is but for some reason you’re expecting a 70% bonus on top of the 20% from Elite. Thats the only possible way a fuckhead like you could expect $30.60 on a base $15 game.

Do some basic research. Read whatever FAQ is available. And stop running your mouth about something you know zero about.
I think you are the one who is an idiot. Whatever Uncle Anwar posted is correct. $15 base plus the 70% promo gets you 25.50.

bad news folks. seems the 70% email was indeed intended for only people in California. no 70% boost for the rest of us it would seem.

bad news folks. seems the 70% email was indeed intended for only people in California. no 70% boost for the rest of us it would seem.
I'm just gonna take all my trades to CA.

Like that time Kramer rounded up a van full of bottles and drove them to MI because the bottle return in MI is 10 cents but in NY it's only 5 cents.

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/national/michigan-man-faces-trial-alleged-seinfeld-bottle-scheme-article-1.2724402
c30166323fe131adafa1121a7991a98d.jpg
15a254faf610e99cd26eb5d4e4a0804c.jpg

Anybody confirm the +$5 coupon for games $2 or more works on multiple copies/has no limit on # of games per transaction?
I’m wondering the same thing. I don’t want to lug a bunch of low dollar trades up to GS and then the $5 only apply to one...two different expiration dates are listed as well, the 8th and 14th.

That’s strange, wonder why they would bother to email it to me then? Surely their data shows who lives in Cali.

Wow kid, overreact much? I can almost hear your angry tears just reading your response. I think you might have missed some medication...

I was going to get this One from someone locally for $40 and trade at GS. I noticed that the section of the console in the yellow box looks broken. Does this look odd to anyone else? Wondering if it’s a deal breaker. I’m supposed to meet up with the seller later today..

[attachment=29929:5172D6E6-57D7-47A5-AB3C-CA3A519ABA2E.jpeg]

I was going to get this One from someone locally for $40 and trade at GS. I noticed that the section of the console in the yellow box looks broken. Does this look odd to anyone else? Wondering if it’s a deal breaker. I’m supposed to meet up with the seller later today..
If it has the controller and power supply you could trade just those in for more then $40

attachicon.gif
5172D6E6-57D7-47A5-AB3C-CA3A519ABA2E.jpeg
Could call a store and ask them if they would take our with a cracked faceplate. And if yes, what's the refurb fee. Can also contact seller to confirm. Might still be worth it depending on the answers.

attachicon.gif
For $40 I'd take the gamble as long as it has at least one controller with it. Like someone else said a controller and power brick would trade in for more than $40 alone. The power brick by itself is worth $30.

attachicon.gif
That area of the Xbox One is highly reflective and could be a reflection of a tabletop and wall among other possibilities. For $40 though...

Yeah it looks like reflection and the seller is saying no cracks. Thanks everyone. It was listed for $70 and I got him down to $40. Even with an extra controller as a casualty, I can’t believe it’s only $40.

Sorry if I am late to the party but just spoke with my local GS and while they did mention receiving a clarification email on the 'same as cash' issue, they will honor the bonus trade value long as I show a copy of the email to them. I've got a few titles I'm done with so good time as any to trade them in.

Sorry if I am late to the party but just spoke with my local GS and while they did mention receiving a clarification email on the 'same as cash' issue, they will honor the bonus trade value long as I show a copy of the email to them. I've got a few titles I'm done with so good time as any to trade them in.
Do you think this will work with %70 bonus trade email? I am so bummed about it being supposedly California only..

FYI, in California had no problem with the additional 50% (it was signed).

Did have a problem redeeming a 5000 pt offer with a $2 or more game trade. It's a known problem and it's being worked on.

FYI, in California had no problem with the additional 50% (it was signed).

Did have a problem redeeming a 5000 pt offer with a $2 or more game trade. It's a known problem and it's being worked on.
By any chance did you see if the sign stated games and accessories? Somebody else said that they saw accessories listed on the sign in their store so i'm wondering if accessories count towards the bonus.

Didn't see this mentioned. Most likely doesn't stack with 70% offer. May be good for those low value switch games below $10 value, assuming you're in a 70% region.

Get $5 Extra Credit When you trade any Nintendo Switch Games.

Offer valid for Switch game trades only. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 4/2/18 - 4/22/18.

Also 40% bonus TIV (over base) for preodering has been extended to include Nintendo Labo

By any chance did you see if the sign stated games and accessories? Somebody else said that they saw accessories listed on the sign in their store so i'm wondering if accessories count towards the bonus.
Honesty I didn't notice. But I called just now and they said it covered accessories. So ymmv.

what are the odds of gamestop sending such a wrong email on April Fools Day!
P (A and B ) = P (A) x P (B)

Or am I over simplifying?

Perhaps Bayes Theorem applies since we could state the problem as given that it is April Fools Day what is the probability that game stop fubars the marketing for a promo.

P ( A|B ) = [ P ( B|A ) P ( A )] / P ( B )

P ( B ) = 1/ 365

Given it is not a leap year.

I'm in Cali and didn't get any email re: 70% bump today.  Wonder if there are signs up in the stores.  Manager told me on Friday that a 50% bump was supposed to start today. 

Wow kid, overreact much? I can almost hear your angry tears just reading your response. I think you might have missed some medication...
You’re right. I should have approached it like ‘how can gamestop technically call it 70% wihput it REALLY being 70%’, or ‘how can gamestop find a way to reduce the value of the elite pro membership when it comes to promos’?...
Yep. I had three games that should have been about $65, came out to $51 with “70%” bonus, so I said forget it.
It’s a joke alright... As an example, Middle Earth - Shadow of War shows base trade in of $15. If you are elite pro, shows trade in base of $18 before promo. Additional percent is based on original base, (not elite pro base) so instead of getting $30.60, you would get $25.50. fuck gamestop promo math...
You walked out of a Gamestop because you were expecting a 100% trade bonus. I’m pretty sure those angry tears you hear are your own.

This list seems inaccurate. I went to three of those stores yesterday to do trades and got the 70% bonus. Not sure if you meant eligible but yeah. I'm in California btw.
They are ineligible for cash same as credit (CSAC in the pdf file name) so these stores get the up to 70% bonus.

Edit: ninjaed

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back