Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop is horrid, but I sure enjoy picking through their dumpsters for swag!
Never been dumpster diving, but it does sound appealing. I read that GameStop maims everything before tossing it in the trash.

Also strong username to post ratio.

Was hoping to flip some Xbox One and PS4 consoles, but people on Craigslist are freaking delusional and asking $250+. Some of the consoles posted literally have no games included (or they include shovelware) and/or are the fat console models.
Putting that much real money into a GameStop flip

drake-hotline-bling-jacket-moncler.png

Cause ever since I left the city, you
Started wearing less and goin' out more
Glasses of champagne out on the dance floor
Hangin' with some girls I've never seen before

You used to call me on my cell phone
Late night when you need my love
Call me on my cell phone
Late night when you need my love
I know…

I was hoping to find some ps4/Xbox consoles that could net me at least a 20% profit (specifically since it's cash = credit right now at gs), but that isn't gonna happen. I figured that since ps4 slim and x1s consoles were $200 NEW this past winter, and people are getting their tax returns, they would be offloading their fat ps4 or x1 consoles for a reasonable price. Nope.

Oh well, was worth a shot. But yeah, you're right, even if I did get the 20% profit I mentioned above, that's not great in comparison to b2g1 gs boomerangs or rb flips.

I'm just letting my trade limits refresh.  Not going to trade things at GameStop unless the values are too good to pass up.  

Since GS was giving $165 like a week ago it’s hard to imagine why people on CL would ask for less than $175.

You’re looking for a subset of people who don’t know better — but also not in the kind of way that leads them to trading in the system at GS for $80 during downtimes between promos. Or goodwill or pawning it. And not red ringed or previously refused by GS (“flagged” like the Seinfeld book) for being banned modded or broken. And not stolen. All of that and asking $40 on Craigslist? Near you? During a week when Gs is giving a rare hardware bump and cash for credit? Damn near impossible.

I'm just letting my trade limits refresh. Not going to trade things at GameStop unless the values are too good to pass up.
I'm doing the unthinkable these past couple of weeks.

I'm playing a couple of games and trying to finish them.

giphy.gif

Since GS was giving $165 like a week ago it’s hard to imagine why people on CL would ask for less than $175.

You’re looking for a subset of people who don’t know better — but also not in the kind of way that leads them to trading in the system at GS for $80 during downtimes between promos. Or goodwill or pawning it. And not red ringed or previously refused by GS (“flagged” like the Seinfeld book) for being banned modded or broken. And not stolen. All of that and asking $40 on Craigslist? Near you? During a week when Gs is giving a rare hardware bump and cash for credit? Damn near impossible.

I'm not saying you're wrong, as maybe they did check with GameStop before selling, but I highly doubt it as anybody who is pricing a fat ps4/x1 at $250 obviously has no idea what the used market is like for this stuff and/or hasn't done any research whatsoever.

I'm not saying you're wrong, as maybe they did check with GameStop before selling, but I highly doubt it as anybody who is pricing a fat ps4/x1 at $250 obviously has no idea what the used market is like for this stuff and/or hasn't done any research whatsoever.
I like to think there are just some CAGs out there (whether they use this site or not) that are faster than you.

I like to think there are just some CAGs out there (whether they use this site or not) that are faster than you.
With apps like IFTTT, I wouldn't doubt it. Even finding apartments on Craigslist with alerts set up, it's almost impossible, so I'm sure you're right and there's probably somebody sourcing consoles/games/etc. cheap from Craigslist and reselling.

I don't usually buy used electronics, so never really check Craigslist/offer up, so I just found it crazy people actually think they'll get that much for a console.

And i through selling my ps4 pro a month ago for $320 cash was a good deal lol.
That's not too bad. I am always hesitant of selling my stuff on Craiglist, because even if I price is reasonably (usually sell new stuff at around 10% lower than completed eBay listings, or lower than whatever it's priced at local stores or online) I still get lowballed. If I could get that for my pro, I'd be happy, but I can only imagine I would get hit with at least a dozen "would you take $200" texts before I actually sell it (that's if I'm even able to sell it).

I have full intention to get the gow bundle so 320 for my launch pro is a great deal.  I recall i pay around 320 for it too from target triple coupon back then

I have full intention to get the gow bundle so 320 for my launch pro is a great deal. I recall i pay around 320 for it too from target triple coupon back then
Am I missing something? GS pays $240 for the Pro. Are you adding th extra $80? I thought that promo already is included in the $240 amount. Would definitely trade mine in if it trades in for $320.

checked locally "offerup" ps4 fats seen a few 150-170 look pretty horrible condition, see some fats for around 200...slims 220+ 

vcr xbox ones 150 no controllers, 170, 200

seen a pro for 320 brand new sold...

i would only honestly buy games to flip i would steer clear of the consoles...who knows how many roaches some of them got 

checked locally "offerup" ps4 fats seen a few 150-170 look pretty horrible condition, see some fats for around 200...slims 220+

i would only honestly buy games to flip i would steer clear of the consoles...who knows how many roaches some of them got
I've had maybe four or five consoles up for sale and all but one of them has just ended up at GS.

i would only honestly buy games to flip i would steer clear of the consoles...who knows how many roaches some of them got
Lol, anytime I buy anything local like on offer up my wife always tells me to check and make sure whatever I buy doesn't have roaches.

I've had maybe four or five consoles up for sale and all but one of them has just ended up at GS.
Just listed my ps4 pro on Craigslist. Got a text within n hour of posting, and said they can pick it up tomorrow. My money is on them flaking... This sort of thing doesn't happen on craisglist (i.e. the buyer being easy to deal with).

If it goes through this will be like 1/4 success rate for me too.

Just listed my ps4 pro on Craigslist. Got a text within n hour of posting, and said they can pick it up tomorrow. My money is on them flaking... This sort of thing doesn't happen on craisglist (i.e. the buyer being easy to deal with).

If it goes through this will be like 1/4 success rate for me too.
I have the same experience when selling stuff (flaky, odd demands, etc.), but I don't know why people are like that. I just bought something from Craiglist. Contacted the seller after the listing was up an hour, got a reply, texted my questions, my price, and asked when to meet. I then texted a half hour before the agreed upon meeting time to let them know I'd be there. Transaction took 5 mins flat. Why should that be abnormal?

So last night when trying to order a $5 off pre owned reward, I received three instead of one redemption. I was charged for all three. I was in a mall GameStop and the service was crap. I know only pressed once and it took a noticable time to complete. Only ok my email did I motion three order confirmations.

I used one as I intended but I am wondering if I am stuck or if I can get back the 8k for those two rewards. I have no desire to use them before the expire.

Thanks.

So last night when trying to order a $5 off pre owned reward, I received three instead of one redemption. I was charged for all three. I was in a mall GameStop and the service was crap. I know only pressed once and it took a noticable time to complete. Only ok my email did I motion three order confirmations.

I used one as I intended but I am wondering if I am stuck or if I can get back the 8k for those two rewards. I have no desire to use them before the expire.

Thanks.
You've to call CS and pray for the best.

Does anyone else have issues with the LIBRARY section on the GS app? I used to use the I WANT feature to keep track of stuff but now I can’t add anything to it or pull up game info from my list

Did anyone see the God Of War trade in deal GameStop posted on twitter the other day?  "Trade in God Of War by 5/19 to receive a guaranteed $40 trade credit and B2G1 next gen games"   The only thing that is confusing about it is in the bottom left hand corner in small print it says Buy 2 get 1 redeemable 4/30 - 5/6.  

Did anyone see the God Of War trade in deal GameStop posted on twitter the other day? "Trade in God Of War by 5/19 to receive a guaranteed $40 trade credit and B2G1 next gen games" The only thing that is confusing about it is in the bottom left hand corner in small print it says Buy 2 get 1 redeemable 4/30 - 5/6.
Looks like the tweet was taken down. I would assume the dates would be 5/30-6/6, as this would run Wed-Wed. Hmm buy at BB with GCU and trade by the 22nd for cash same as credit at GS (as long as taking cash doesn’t negate the B2G1 coupon). That would give a B2G1 for ~$10 after tax...

Did anyone see the God Of War trade in deal GameStop posted on twitter the other day? "Trade in God Of War by 5/19 to receive a guaranteed $40 trade credit and B2G1 next gen games" The only thing that is confusing about it is in the bottom left hand corner in small print it says Buy 2 get 1 redeemable 4/30 - 5/6.
Anyone have a link to this? I'm getting the God of War PS4 Pro at Gamestop and have the Stone Mason Edition pre-ordered at Best Buy. Would be a sweet deal trade in the copy that comes with the system.

Big if true. Would be legit to get to buy from BB, play the game, trade back in to GS, and get the B2G1.

How is that big? You would have paid $52 at BB for the game - $48+tax - so you're essentially paying $12 for a weeklong B2G1 coupon and you get to play the game for a month. That's just OK.

How is that big? You would have paid $52 at BB for the game - $48+tax - so you're essentially paying $12 for a weeklong B2G1 coupon and you get to play the game for a month. That's just OK.
Essentially its the same price as a Redbox rental. If the B2G1 free works on multiples and you are smart with your purchases then you will be able to make some ridiculous Gamestop cash from flipping those used titles from the B2G1 free into profit.

Game comes with a $10 reward coupon if you pre-order afaik, so it's a wash.

Edit: guess it doesn't. In that case, yeah not great.

Guaranteed trade ins are back? And get a b2g1?! I’m not getting my hopes up after losing the 50% coupon, but it sure would be nice.

I wouldn't trust any tweet Gamestop makes, especially if it's deleted. They can't even let you keep a coupon to expiration without going into everyone's accounts and deleting them.

Just a quick heads up about the current extra $5 for switch games and cash same as credit deal gs has going on right now.

So I got two of the $11 BotW from the bb price glitch. They trade in for $30+$5 bonus for being switch games. The extra $5 does not apply to the cash value, so it would be only $60 in cash or $70 in credit.

Just a quick heads up about the current extra $5 for switch games and cash same as credit deal gs has going on right now.

So I got two of the $11 BotW from the bb price glitch. They trade in for $30+$5 bonus for being switch games. The extra $5 does not apply to the cash value, so it would be only $60 in cash or $70 in credit.
Wait, does this mean $47.5 each for csac-ineligible stores?

Edit: no

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back