Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Question i have some snes games which trade up pretty good on gamestop , but does it affect if there is damage on the label of the cartridge ?, do they still accept it or it will depend on the guy that takes it in ?

Question i have some snes games which trade up pretty good on gamestop , but does it affect if there is damage on the label of the cartridge ?, do they still accept it or it will depend on the guy that takes it in ?
100% would depend on the employee from my experience. I've had games rejected for very minor issues, but then have had cartridges come from them in the mail that I legitimately believe were dipped in bleach. Overall, though, I'd say they'll usually take them more often than they reject them.

I traded some games earlier for the Xbox currency promo deal going on. It only works for physical cards, not printed on the receipt.
As long as I got the bonus trade percentage, I didn't really care.

Was able to snag a copy of Far Cry 5 used for XB1 yesterday, had to put it on hold as soon as the store opened while I was at work. Turns out they still had some pre orders mugs available so the associate threw it in for free! Definitely giving them praise on the survey, she also mentioned several people called right after me asking about the game...I got very lucky. I know folks were asking about those mugs a few pages back, there’s still some available if you’re lucky.

Only reason I wanted it used was to use up $20 in certs, came out to $29 out the door.

I'm browsing GameStop's site and saw the Wolfenstein 2 new Colossus collector's edition for $35. The pre-owned is listed for $32.
Xbox one
https://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus-collectors-edition/149635

PS4
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/wolfenstein-ii-the-new-colossus-collectors-edition/149636
Highly tempted to get this, I flipped a few copies in the past but always meant to pick it up when it dropped in price. Might not pass up this collectors edition!

Shame that doesn't come with the season pass; otherwise, I'd be all over it.
Deluxe version is on sale on XBL for $5 more and includes season pass. Of course no doll, no steelbook, no poster.

Or the season pass has been on sale recently on XBL for $15. So $50 plus tax for everything, less out of pocket if you use trade credit.

Remember you can trade for XBL currency with 40% boost to base TIV. So you'd need to find a combined base TIV of $28.58 to get $40 of XBL currency to buy digital deluxe version. May want to trade in a little more and see if you can get one of those gift card packs of $50 XBL currency for $45 since it's a slightly better return. You'd need $32.15 of base TIV.

*all calculations above assume you are elite pro.

Just google for “craigslist PS4” news articles, and you’ll see what I’m talking about. Of course, this doesn’t just apply to PlayStation’s, obviously. Stay safe out there.

Yes, we could use a crazy Friday story!
According to aggregated criminal data in the US between 400 and 500 homicides have occurred between people who initially met via the Internet and had no prior relationship since the inception of the internet. EVER.

In comparison, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics says you have a much higher chance of dying from a peanut butter sandwich.

Is the game sealed within the collectors edition, like any normal copy of Wolfenstein? I’m still within a 30 day window to return it new. Would make collectors a $5 upgrade.

A bit off topic but mentioning Crazy Craigslist Friday reminder me to ask y'all if you've had experience using Swappa (buying or selling)? I'm thinking of using it to sell my laptop, since they don't charge a seller's fee, only a buyer's fee. And I also have some sealed videogames I'd like to part with for way more $$$ than GameStop would give me.

So I got a text from GameStop saying 25% more cash on trades. Does that actually mean more or is that because cash is same as credit right now? Thanks.

A bit off topic but mentioning Crazy Craigslist Friday reminder me to ask y'all if you've had experience using Swappa (buying or selling)? I'm thinking of using it to sell my laptop, since they don't charge a seller's fee, only a buyer's fee. And I also have some sealed videogames I'd like to part with for way more $$$ than GameStop would give me.
I've done phones on Swappa. Those were a quick easy $300 a pop.

Have listed games. Listed them simultaneously on ebay and they sold faster on ebay. So I've never actually completed a sale for video games on Swappa. Probably because the market for games is pretty dead on Swappa. Won't hurt to try listing though.

I got a text this morning from GameStop saying “Get up to 70% extra credit when you trade your games” but I am not seeing any promo with that bonus on their site.

According to aggregated criminal data in the US between 400 and 500 homicides have occurred between people who initially met via the Internet and had no prior relationship since the inception of the internet. EVER.

In comparison, the US Bureau of Labor Statistics says you have a much higher chance of dying from a peanut butter sandwich.
what does it say about armed robbery...

what does it say about armed robbery...
According to fivethirtyeight.com death from interpersonal violence is down. Suicide is up -they call it self harm and I assume that's non-accidental. So you're better off meeting someone from Craigslist than staying home.
15b537d60bc51b4002410267dc7d99a8.jpg

Since this is sorta the GS thread- anyone try to pick up the “Toataku” figures? The Bloodborne hunter released today- I went all over town, found 4 of them and they are all obviously smashed up returns. Grabbed one for the shelf but would have loved to have found a nice one in box- box has some neat lore etc.

Be careful using Craigslist and when meeting people to buy it. People are crazy.
Surprisingly my Craigslist PS4 Pro sale yesterday went well. My phone sale today though, well not so good (though I obviously wasn't killed). Asshole said he would meet me at 10am on the dot. He said he wouldn't have a phone, so I explicitly told him to make sure he was at the agreed upon meeting spot at 10am exactly. Get there 5 minutes early and wait another 20 minutes. Never shows up. Pretty much bent over backwards, as I took about 25% less than my asking price (though I was still making about 40% profit) and agreed to meet half way between where him and I live. I feel stupid cuz I fell for his sob story (he was buying the phone for his son, and his proposed price was all he could afford), he couldn't meet during my arranged times (so I said I could meet him when it suited him), and just took him at his word. Never reliquish power over the sale. Make it on your terms. I generally have zero tolerance rule for buyers and their stupid excuses, but I knew I could still make a quick profit and let that fog my judgment.

Not bad, I sold mine for $320. Getting gow bundle us no brainer. Gow plus new warranty for 80. And iirc I pay 320 ish for pro back when it launch when Target was letting me stack coupon

Not bad, I sold mine for $320. Getting gow bundle us no brainer. Gow plus new warranty for 80. And iirc I pay 320 ish for pro back when it launch when Target was letting me stack coupon
The one I sold will be 1.5 years old at the end of next month. Spent about $370 for it, so $40 "rental" isn't too shabby. Probably won't get a new one until ps5 is announced (in the off chance ps5 has ps4 backwards compatibility). GOW looks good, but I can wait (that and I'm sure they'll re-release it on ps5).

Is the game sealed within the collectors edition, like any normal copy of Wolfenstein? I’m still within a 30 day window to return it new. Would make collectors a $5 upgrade.
The game comes in the SteelBook case, so it's not a regular copy of the game.

Surprisingly my Craigslist PS4 Pro sale yesterday went well. My phone sale today though, well not so good (though I obviously wasn't killed). Asshole said he would meet me at 10am on the dot. He said he wouldn't have a phone, so I explicitly told him to make sure he was at the agreed upon meeting spot at 10am exactly. Get there 5 minutes early and wait another 20 minutes. Never shows up. Pretty much bent over backwards, as I took about 25% less than my asking price (though I was still making about 40% profit) and agreed to meet half way between where him and I live. I feel stupid cuz I fell for his sob story (he was buying the phone for his son, and his proposed price was all he could afford), he couldn't meet during my arranged times (so I said I could meet him when it suited him), and just took him at his word. Never reliquish power over the sale. Make it on your terms. I generally have zero tolerance rule for buyers and their stupid excuses, but I knew I could still make a quick profit and let that fog my judgment.
Agreed on the "don't give in" business. I might lower my price a little but if they repeatedly low-ball me even after I say no thanks a few times they get blocked.

Never had a bad games or tech experience with craigslist.

Furniture is a whole nother story.

Do not buy or sell furniture or appliances (including TVs) on Craigslist. The guy who says he’s a professional mover coming by truck and can lift the couch easily with his brother and uncle and not your help, will inevitably show up in a Honda Civic with only his baby momma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back