Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
so somebody tell me if i got my math right , so i just went to gamestop to do a trade in , i gave a new super mario bros that cost me 5$ for the amoun of 20.80 i believe, with the 70% how much will it be? considering the base value , they only gave me 28.70 but i dont know if thats correct, he told me that was the 70% so i only gave that game and nothing else because i wasnt sure if that was the correct value of the 70%
Not sure what version you have but it sounds correct. Base value for DS version of game is $17.

17 x 1.7 = $28.90

you don't get 70% on top of pro or elite values, you need to do it from the "regular" value

I got the Triforce Night Light from Gamestop tonight. It's actually $24.99 at ThinkGeek right now but I got it at GS instead since I had a 10% off coupon. I love it.

jc4McMc.jpg
Is that your setup? Damn Ferrari you have good taste.

They redid the trading towards bonus and now it's only GoW and Labo. Granted everything on the previous list is out already, buy not dark souls remastered. My be it'll be back for May during the release month. Or better yet maybe we'll get a bump, or a trade bonus better than 40%.

odd question:

Can you pay a Cricket bill at Gamestop?

Or maybe they have reload cards that can be purchased with credit?
I have not personally tried it but I thought during one of the cricket promos someone mentioned being able to do either (buy a card or pay at the register).

Flying into Palo Alto. CA tomm for meetings.  Can someone share the 70% trade in credit link with me.  If its legit, Im going to dump off some of the B2G1 fodder I have left.  Need to pick up the Switch essentials as I traded them for $52.50 and now the kiddo is asking for them 1 at a time.

Thanks!

Flying into Palo Alto. CA tomm for meetings. Can someone share the 70% trade in credit link with me. If its legit, Im going to dump off some of the B2G1 fodder I have left. Need to pick up the Switch essentials as I traded them for $52.50 and now the kiddo is asking for them 1 at a time.

Thanks!
It's automatic.

Do you think there will be a stealth bump while the same as cash deal is going on? Holding on to a few games just in case.
If you have the bump emails saved/archived you could take the dates of the previous 6 to 12 bump dates and their valid date ranges and use those to make a statistical prediction of April's bump give or take some deviation within a 95% CI. Then see if that predicted date range has any overlap with the 70% promo.

Or just guess.

Just a PSA:  I received an email containing an in-store coupon for a free year of PUR Pro (unique EBC code) on an old expired account that I recently drained of 120k points.  They must be targeting inactive accounts that had formerly done significant business.

It also yielded a B2G1 free in active offers like a normal renewal.  I haven't kept up to date on this - do the current b2g1's work on multiple sets?

Got the same trade PS3 for $80 towards PS4. Dumb question, but if you happen to have 2 or 3 PS3, anybody tried trading multiples for the promo?

I was planning to redeem my points for a few certificates in the app. I noticed that they're all listed on the app as being valid from 12/31/17-3/31/18. Is anyone else having this problem? If I redeem my points will I wind up with already expired certificates?

Got the same trade PS3 for $80 towards PS4. Dumb question, but if you happen to have 2 or 3 PS3, anybody tried trading multiples for the promo?
Similar promotions haven't worked on more than one console traded in unless the employee manually adjusts the value. However, the only language on this coupon that could get in the way is "Cannot be combined with any other offer," which is standard language.

I think I have two consoles, and this is just in time for the GoW bundle on 4/20 (expires on 4/22), but if I get rid of my newer one I'll only have the flaky 60GB console... :whistle2:k

Is there a trade in limit on consoles like there is with games? I’ve traded two Xbox Ones recently, one for the X and another for cash. Found a guy selling a like new One S for $75...

I was planning to redeem my points for a few certificates in the app. I noticed that they're all listed on the app as being valid from 12/31/17-3/31/18. Is anyone else having this problem? If I redeem my points will I wind up with already expired certificates?
Yes, I redeemed a $15 and $25 and they had the same expiration date as you noted and I had only ordered them on 3/23, just over a week before the 3/31 expiration date. I wasn't about to lose the certs so I used them. Not sure what would have happened if I didn't notice it.

Is there a trade in limit on consoles like there is with games? I’ve traded two Xbox Ones recently, one for the X and another for cash. Found a guy selling a like new One S for $75...
Does count towards 2k trade / $500 cash limits. I would also assume 4 per sku applies. So different systems or different models should be 4 each per rolling 30 days.

Mine has those dates too when I look at the reward options.

Flying to California for vacation on Wednesday. Guess I'm packing BOTW for Wii U, and maybe Mario Odyssey. I don't think we'll get the stealth bump though. 

I redeemed a $5 cert on Friday 4/6 and it listed the expiration date of 4/30.

Anyone know if you could trade in the ps3 for a ps4 pre-order and still get the $80? Prefer to trade in ahead of time before I have to pick up the GOW pro.

Anyone know if you could trade in the ps3 for a ps4 pre-order and still get the $80? Prefer to trade in ahead of time before I have to pick up the GOW pro.
I see this working, I’ve got bonuses putting extra $5 on exsisting preorders that I know I’m gonna pick up

Deluxe version is on sale on XBL for $5 more and includes season pass. Of course no doll, no steelbook, no poster.

Or the season pass has been on sale recently on XBL for $15. So $50 plus tax for everything, less out of pocket if you use trade credit.

Remember you can trade for XBL currency with 40% boost to base TIV. So you'd need to find a combined base TIV of $28.58 to get $40 of XBL currency to buy digital deluxe version. May want to trade in a little more and see if you can get one of those gift card packs of $50 XBL currency for $45 since it's a slightly better return. You'd need $32.15 of base TIV.

*all calculations above assume you are elite pro.
Is the 40% bump on both digital codes and physical cards? Or just physical cards?

Is the 40% bump on both digital codes and physical cards? Or just physical cards?
Physical cards in store - the ones with the scratch off codes. If you have them do the custom amount at the register in store or try to order online it doesn't work.

$80 for a ps3 and same as cash?
4c5138bcf46bafd60c5d73e6f6615646.jpg
Nice try Ubisoft. T&C below:

GameStop said:
Offer valid 4/6/18 - 4/22/18. Valid toward purchase of any New Playstation 4 console. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

Mine said same in app. I redeemed and then checked on website from pc the dates changed to 4/30

So just hit up a Cali GS and was told Im banned, lol. Called CS and they have no clue either. Any possibility it has to do w being from Out of state? Im certain I havent traded over $2k in last 30days. Oh well, time for countermeasures, renew pro, get b2g1, then go Elite.

GFY GS!

So just hit up a Cali GS and was told Im banned, lol. Called CS and they have no clue either. Any possibility it has to do w being from Out of state? Im certain I havent traded over $2k in last 30days. Oh well, time for countermeasures, renew pro, get b2g1, then go Elite.

GFY GS!
The 90 day trade ban?

GFY GS!
if you plan on making another account it won't do you much good if you used a ID on the last one.

That's what I was about to ask
You can still make a account but you would have to trade in to stores that don't take ID. As soon as you trade in with that ID that is on a temp ban it may let it go through once but the system will tag it after that trade and it will be on the same ban as your other account. Just from my own personal experience in the past.

Gonna use a friends acct. Sitting on $1700 credit, kinda want to move on from making GS a recurring theme in my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back