Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
So just hit up a Cali GS and was told Im banned, lol. Called CS and they have no clue either. Any possibility it has to do w being from Out of state? Im certain I havent traded over $2k in last 30days. Oh well, time for countermeasures, renew pro, get b2g1, then go Elite.

GFY GS!
Were you participating in CSAC promotion? Did you get more than $500 cash?

New weekly ad is up: https://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

Notably, the TiV for the consoles are directly listed, so they should hold at least until April 10th (GameSpot had an article stating that the values should hold until April 15th).
As mentioned by Gamespot much earlier and now confirmed by the new weekly ad, the TiV for current gen consoles at GameStop will hold until 04/15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feels like there was a long run of weeks where the Xbox X had a bunch of freebies. I regret not getting that good eBay one weeks back.

I suppose they think taxes are coming back so they can sell em plain.

Maybe a month from now it’ll get the big spring price drop the old model was used to.

Anyone not able to order off the GameStop website right now? It seems to be more frequent this happens. I keep getting an error at checkout. Same thing happened last week but it cleared in 24 hours. I don’t think I’m banned...

whens the great deal on a xbox one X and trade-in deal on trading an xbox one S for an X

Is GS still doing the 4 for $10 or 4 for $20? Is it just in store or is it also online?
The one by me was still doing 4 for $10 on $4.99 or less PS3/360 games. I was unfortunately not able to find 4 games worth getting the other day. Mostly old sports games and everything else on the end cap worth getting was $9.99, but they weren't doing the 4 for $20 on them.

Anyone not able to order off the GameStop website right now? It seems to be more frequent this happens. I keep getting an error at checkout. Same thing happened last week but it cleared in 24 hours. I don’t think I’m banned...
NJBLmxc.png

Weird. Battlefield and Creed cost too much to make it worthwhile unless you just wanna move credit.

How would they ring up prestige COD different from the base game? Do they expect you to trade the camera and wrist band thing, or just the steel book and game (cause that’s the hardened edition basically which trades for less.)

I’d happily rebuy a $16 copy of the base game, toss it into the steelbook I kept, or even the jumbo box the camera came in, and get $52 for it.

When trading in a console, do I need an HDMI cable? And if so, will any one do? I don't have the original, but I do have a spare one clearly marked as "DISH Network" on the cable :v

silly question, is there a limit on how many times I can re-new my elite membership?
Not that I've found. One of my accounts is good through 2025. You may get an employee that will say something but you would be hard pressed to find someone to deny you since it's good for their numbers.

picked up Wipeout Omega Collection since Gamestop New is cheaper than anywhere else, and the physical is seemingly going OOP, turned out to be Gamestop "New" but at least the dlc code was good

I'm about to hit the $500 cash limit on my account. Am I able to use my brothers account to trade? My stores check I.D for cash trades only. 

Minor stealth bump? Lego Marvel, Zero Dawn, Paradise Remastered among those I noticed, but not the usual Zelda, etc.

Whats the deal with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 for PS3? The app says base TIV of $5, Elite value of $12. The website also says $12 elite but $10 base. Something special about this shitty sports game I don't know about? Tiger Woods in the news again?

Now that I'm looking, I see lots of Elite pricing weirdness... mostly on ps3 games. Sonic all star racing transformed base $10 Elite $14.40. Assassins creed base 75 cents elite 60 cents. Advanced warfare base $1 elite 90 cents... weird.

Base is all that matters as far as I'm concerned. Also don't trust app values, especially if you saved them. Double check on site

Wondering if this “bump” is because of the cash=credit promo right now. GS doesn’t want to hand out a bunch of cash...my guess anyway. Hoping something good happens after the 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back