Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Any reason to pick up madden 18 at a Redbox for 14.99? The TIV is super low right now but anybody have any idea what is was pre cash=credit.

Thanks
I can't imagine it going up much because soon they will be promoting pre-orders for '19. The selling price of '18 probably isn't going up either.

Do the birthday 20% off preowned only work on 1 game or multiples? Does it also include elite price with an additional 20% off? Thanks in advanced for the answers

Do the birthday 20% off preowned only work on 1 game or multiples? Does it also include elite price with an additional 20% off? Thanks in advanced for the answers
Mine specifically says "one preowned game". Whether or not the POS or the employee enforces that is another question.
450d6b00f879bf69392b80bd61c7d885.jpg

No extra God of War PS4 Pro's around my area to trade in towards, darn :( Hoping at least game values go back up once all these promotions are over.

FYI I did not get the $50 bonus while trading my Xbox One S towards the God of War game, I got the $140 listed on the trade in app. 

I tried a quick online search, but how do I tell which Xbox One controllers are the newest "S" style?  The Lunar white version is not, correct?

Not bad. Shadow of the Colossus is $12 TIV regularly, but can be $40 when you trade forward a $70 XO controller.

Can anyone confirm if you really do get $220 TIV for an original PS4 if you trade towards God of War?

Edit: Nevermind, someone on the previous page said it did not.

This is an amateur question but I have to ask just in case.

Can I use a birthday coupon(or % off) and a dollar certificate on the same item

Can anyone confirm if you really do get $220 TIV for an original PS4 if you trade towards God of War?

Edit: Nevermind, someone on the previous page said it did not.
So it works on what then? The console bundle? If so that’s what I’m picking up this evening!

So for the Controller trade promo called and did a test trade, the promotion only works on 1 eligible game per transaction. The eligible game gets bumped to ~$32-33 making the controller $39.99+tax, regardless of the the base value (Tried a $12 and $15 base, both kicked up to ~$33). But when I added 2 eligible games, the value only went up for one game. 

Not sure how to get the $29.99 value as the promo only brought the controller to $39.99, tried multiple controllers too

I'm definitely curious about how trading in multiple games from that list in a single transaction towards a controller would work... :whistle2:k

EDIT:

So for the Controller trade promo called and did a test trade, the promotion only works on 1 eligible game per transaction. The eligible game gets bumped to ~$32-33 making the controller $39.99+tax, regardless of the the base value (Tried a $12 and $15 base, both kicked up to ~$33). But when I added 2 eligible games, the value only went up for one game.

Not sure how to get the $29.99 value as the promo only brought the controller to $39.99, tried multiple controllers too
Well, that answers that. Thanks for confirming.

I wonder how defects work in this setup...

Why would Gamestop have Lost Sphear and Undertale on that list when they're online-retailer exclusives and Gamestop doesn't have used SKUs for them? :whistle2:k

Thank you for posting this. That is great you have a good enough relationship w the store to call in test trades

The coupon popped up on my account after I bought the One X a few weeks ago. Hopefully it doesn’t mean that I’d have to buy another One just to use the coupon for buying the One...
Might be a different one that what I have. This has been in my offers for a while and not related to any specific purchase.
fa79a06ac5702a4e31df6411aeabf21d.jpg

So the $240 listed on the site as the value for the 1tb ps4 pro, does that already include the $80?
Correct.

Yes it works on the Pro bundle. Just trade in my Xbox One 1TB and got $200 towards the GOW Pro bundle.
Thanks for confirming this. I was hoping to have a smooth transaction this evening. What sucks is that not very many people will be able to take advantage of this because these bundles are pretty sold out at all GS stores. Someone can maybe buy one of the reserved bundles if the owner doesn't come pick it up, but that will most certainly be after this weekend.

Correct.

Thanks for confirming this. I was hoping to have a smooth transaction this evening. What sucks is that not very many people will be able to take advantage of this because these bundles are pretty sold out at all GS stores. Someone can maybe buy one of the reserved bundles if the owner doesn't come pick it up, but that will most certainly be after this weekend.
Pretty much this: if you didn’t preorder the bundle, you won’t be able to take advantage of this short promo.

Man I would totally trade my pro for $290 to be the GoW pro, but I have a 2tb drive in my system and no longer have that 1TB. A store near me has an extra GoW pro too

I called my local gamestop and after speaking to the employee (who also tried doing test trades for me) I’m even more confused now. I want to trade an old DualShock towards a new one. Would I get the trade value plus get the new controller reduced which I would assumingly put the received trade value towards. Basically reducing the out of pocket cost for myself even further? Or is the price of the new controller WITH trade going to cost me $30 or $40 out of pocket? If so that doesn’t seem like much of a deal at all.. sorry if this is confusing.

I called my local gamestop and after speaking to the employee (who also tried doing test trades for me) I’m even more confused now. I want to trade an old DualShock towards a new one. Would I get the trade value plus get the new controller reduced which I would assumingly put the received trade value towards. Basically reducing the out of pocket cost for myself even further? Or is the price of the new controller WITH trade going to cost me $30 or $40 out of pocket? If so that doesn’t seem like much of a deal at all.. sorry if this is confusing.
I think it is the latter. You would just get a trade bump from say a base TIV of like $15 to $35-ish to bring the total amount of the controller to $29.99/$39.99

Quick question to anyone that knows, I want to trade a Dualshock 4 that came with one of my PS4's but when I check the website it says the black DS4 has a trade value of .01 is that accurate? every other DS4 has a $18 base value. They dont want anymore black ds4 or is the website messed up.

Any insight would be appreciated.

I think it is the latter. You would just get a trade bump from say a base TIV of like $15 to $35-ish to bring the total amount of the controller to $29.99/$39.99
Oh that’s crap then lol. DualShock 4’s always go on sale somewhere or other for ~$40ish so I’d just be giving them my old controller for free and them giving me a wink and telling me I got a “deal” as I swipe my credit card haha

traded my broken ps3 phat og with sixaxis towards gow pro and got $70 for it after refurb. not bad as i bought the ps3 off fb market for 10 bucks.

Oh that’s crap then lol. DualShock 4’s always go on sale somewhere or other for ~$40ish so I’d just be giving them my old controller for free and them giving me a wink and telling me I got a “deal” as I swipe my credit card haha
Yea, it is only useful to boost a low TIV game if you have credit to burn... also don't forget the gift receipt... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back