Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't find the system...does it work on game???

Glad I bought the system at Wal-Mart this morning.

Can't find the system...does it work on game???

Glad I bought the system at Wal-Mart this morning.
They just updated the site so that is only for the console, pretty gamestop shady:

Get $50 Extra Credit When you trade your Xbox One, PS4, or Nintendo Switch toward PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB God of War Console
Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 4/22/18.

So if I trade in PVZ2 I can get a $70 Xbox one controller for $29.99? That seems too good to be true.
Considering you buy PvZ2 from redbox for $10, you're paying the $40 BF price for a XB1 controller. Decent deal with some legwork.

That said, someone posted earlier who couldn't get any contoller to ring up in the system for $29, only $39's were working

Considering you buy PvZ2 from redbox for $10, you're paying the $40 BF price for a XB1 controller. Decent deal with some legwork.

That said, someone posted earlier who couldn't get any contoller to ring up in the system for $29, only $39's were working
Hmmm, yeah I'd have to pull teeth to get that $29.99 I guess.

They just updated the site so that is only for the console, pretty gamestop shady:

Get $50 Extra Credit When you trade your Xbox One, PS4, or Nintendo Switch toward PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB God of War Console
Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid through 4/22/18.
Meh. Im thinking about just trading in my pro and couple games for cash and purchasing from somewhere else.

Do reserved systems show up in stock on the GS site? It says my store has the system in stock, but I don't want to wipe my Xbox only to find out it's already on hold for someone else.

Why wouldn't a manager be able override the system to get an Xbox controller down to $29.99? It says that price right in their own promo offer? Hopefully this is straightened out tomorrow, as I plan to take an older Xbox One controller to swap for a new bluetooth version for my PC. If the promo is still broken and they won't honor the deal that's in the promo, I'll back out of the trade-in.

Do reserved systems show up in stock on the GS site? It says my store has the system in stock, but I don't want to wipe my Xbox only to find out it's already on hold for someone else.
The online system is really delayed and doesn't update often. It probably isn't there anymore. Either way, you're probably better off wiping your xbox at the store once you confirm it is there. They need to test it anyway so you can wipe it then, I think.

That's not shady, that's just them fixing the promo's wording to be what they actually meant.

Has anyone ever pre-reserved something online for in-store pickup during a sale and did they honor the price?

I pre-reserved the GoW strategy guide during the 50% off guides sale and my printout shows that my store pickup price is $7.49 before tax. I called my store and they said they were going to charge me the MSRP $14.99 price.

correction: pretty gamestop *shitty

Leaving an error like that up for 24 hours is ridiculous
I don't even understand the point of this particular promotion (well now that it's updated), as there are probably not that many GoW PS4 Pro consoles out there. It's limite to maybe 1-3 per store, if that. Most probably only had it for preorder.

does anyone know if the b2g1 coupon for Pro renew still work for buying for than 3 games (like buying 6 games) or is it limited to one set 3 games? tia

How are we supposed to get $40 tiv for God of War? Will it be an email, active offer, or just a promo during that time frame?
It states in the fine print that you'll get a coupon on 4/22. My guess is that it'll come up in our active offers.

Offer valid with the purchase of a new copy of God of War game from 4/20/18 - 4/22/18. Coupon will be delivered on 4/22/18. Coupon valid 4/21/18 - 5/22/18

Ugh, I wish I waited two months to upgrade my PS4 to Pro. Would have much rather have gotten the GoW edition than this dumb SW:BF2 one. I just figured any special edition would be like the MHW (MSRP of $450), so I was pleased to have gotten the Star Wars one for $400 and $200 credit for my PS4 towards it.

Quick question to anyone that knows, I want to trade a Dualshock 4 that came with one of my PS4's but when I check the website it says the black DS4 has a trade value of .01 is that accurate? every other DS4 has a $18 base value. They dont want anymore black ds4 or is the website messed up.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Anyone could help? thanks!

does anyone know if the b2g1 coupon for Pro renew still work for buying for than 3 games (like buying 6 games) or is it limited to one set 3 games? tia
One set only.

Also does anyone know good GS>BB flips. BB has some GOW systems since all my GS don't have any

Ugh, I wish I waited two months to upgrade my PS4 to Pro. Would have much rather have gotten the GoW edition than this dumb SW:BF2 one. I just figured any special edition would be like the MHW (MSRP of $450), so I was pleased to have gotten the Star Wars one for $400 and $200 credit for my PS4 towards it.
Are there any in stock near you? If so you could always trade it in for $240 plus the $50 bonus for trading towards the GoW PS4 Pro, trade in SW BF 2 for $12, and be at $302 TIC. Trade in GoW later on (guaranteed $40), and only be out $58. Since the trade will net you about 18k points and the purchase of the GoW console will get you 24k points, that almost makes up the difference (about $16 difference). Less when you take into account you'll get at least 1200 points ($40 x 30pts/$ = 1200 pts) when you trade GoW back in.

Are there any in stock near you? If so you could always trade it in for $240 plus the $50 bonus for trading towards the GoW PS4 Pro, trade in SW BF 2 for $12, and be at $302 TIC. Trade in GoW later on (guaranteed $40), and only be out $58. Since the trade will net you about 18k points and the purchase of the GoW console will get you 24k points, that almost makes up the difference (about $16 difference). Less when you take into account you'll get at least 1200 points ($40 x 30pts/$ = 1200 pts) when you trade GoW back in.
Thanks for your thoughts. Yeah, I thought about doing this, I would basically pay $50 OOP if I trade in GoW later (accounting for tax and the fact that I already got rid of BF2), but then I think about the hassle and the time I spent installing everything to the HDD. Plus, this process would force me to rush through GoW.

This is all moot, as I don't have a store in-stock near me anyway.

You should receive a coupon on the 22nd.

It states in the fine print that you'll get a coupon on 4/22. My guess is that it'll come up in our active offers.

Offer valid with the purchase of a new copy of God of War game from 4/20/18 - 4/22/18. Coupon will be delivered on 4/22/18. Coupon valid 4/21/18 - 5/22/18
Thanks! I couldn't find the promo and vaguely remembered reading it a few pages back.

Edit: Doh! I didn't see it on the GS website in TIV offers. I feel dumb.

Has anyone got the $15 active offer towards a controller with XB1 purchase to stack with the guaranteed deal, or even the $20 off any game deal?

I had my store's SL do a mock trade for PvZ:GW2 :xb1: towards the pig Minecraft controller and it increased the value of the game to $27 it, making the controller ~$43 after tax. I might take the time to see if I can get her to knock it down to $29.99+tax.

If anyone was wondering the $80 for ps3s dont work on multiples. Traded in 2 for the God of war ps4 pro, luckily my store overrode the value on the second.

Didnt see it posted but went to go see about that $30 Xbox remote and seems to be only the base controller I tried going for the $70 Recon and it rang up $40

Didnt see it posted but went to go see about that $30 Xbox remote and seems to be only the base controller I tried going for the $70 Recon and it rang up $40
That's what I was thinking. Promo bumps TIV of game to $30 making $59.99 controller $29.99 and $69.99 controller $39.99. Thanks for confirming.

I had my store's SL do a mock trade for PvZ:GW2 :xb1: towards the pig Minecraft controller and it increased the value of the game to $27 it, making the controller ~$43 after tax. I might take the time to see if I can get her to knock it down to $29.99+tax.

Anything special about the pig controller besides the design? Local discount/returns store has one for $30

Anything special about the pig controller besides the design? Local discount/returns store has one for $30
I don't think it comes with anything that any other controller doesn't come with. I just chose it because my wife has complained that I don't have a controller for her. :)

So ... gamestop just canceled my GoW PS4 Pro online order I paid for with trade credit. Pretty sure I checked before and after and the money was taken out. The money has not gone back on the card yet. What do I do now? Call customer service? Go to a store? I have all my receipts so I can figure out which trade credit card it was on, but curious what's the best method to get this trade credit back. Thanks

So ... gamestop just canceled my GoW PS4 Pro online order I paid for with trade credit. Pretty sure I checked before and after and the money was taken out. The money has not gone back on the card yet. What do I do now? Call customer service? Go to a store? I have all my receipts so I can figure out which trade credit card it was on, but curious what's the best method to get this trade credit back. ThanksH
Haha, welcome to using Trade credit online at Gamestop. You have to call and argue with them basically. They have stolen plenty of trade credit from me this way over the years when I deemed it wasn't worth my time to fight for a few bucks.

Speaking of gamestop stealing from me. I tried to trade a couple of dual shock 3s in tonight that were in fantastic condition($34 tiv in CA). Anyway, I went to two stores and they have this newfangled computer to hook a controller up to to see if it works. Well both my DS3s wouldn't connect to their dumbass computer and they wanted to charge me a refurb fee. I took them home with me to test them and they both worked flawlessly with all 3 of my PS3s. What in the actual fuck is up with this company?

Haha, welcome to using Trade credit online at Gamestop. You have to call and argue with them basically. They have stolen plenty of trade credit from me this way over the years when I deemed it wasn't worth my time to fight for a few bucks.

Speaking of gamestop stealing from me. I tried to trade a couple of dual shock 3s in tonight that were in fantastic condition($34 tiv in CA). Anyway, I went to two stores and they have this newfangled computer to hook a controller up to to see if it works. Well both my DS3s wouldn't connect to their dumbass computer and they wanted to charge me a refurb fee. I took them home with me to test them and they both worked flawlessly with all 3 of my PS3s. What in the actual fuck is up with this company?
Sorry to sidetrack you, but why do you have 3 PS3s? I’m sure there is a good reason. I’m curious
(Non sarcastic font)

Yeah.. sucks. I'll be calling them. Have a long commute so I'll get through to them at some point. Kinda lame; however, I did pick up the GoW PS4 Pro at a launch event at another GameStop since they had an extra one, so at least I didn't get burned there.

How much were they trading in for after the refurb fee? I have a DS3 with a busted R2 button that I'm considering trading in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back