Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Y’all think the Xbox one s 1tb tiv will drop tomorrow? How much was it before ?

I might trade my switch in as well I haven’t touched it at all recently...I want to trade my s and switch for an x

Y’all think the Xbox one s 1tb tiv will drop tomorrow? How much was it before ?

I might trade my switch in as well I haven’t touched it at all recently...I want to trade my s and switch for an x
It was like $90-100 before lol and it will probably drop till the next trade bonus they do, since the current one ends today.

[nevermind guess I should not have posted this link, my bad - sorry if it caused anybody problems I had no idea it could possibly do anything bad]

I'd love to hear if anybody is actually successful in claiming the new virtual trade card that is promised.  I never have been able to  get it so I make sure to go in store during a slow period and get an employee to call the dedicated help line for stores.  

Good Luck!

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed the cash same as credit promo. Even with the bad trade values, I made a nice profit. Cash is king!

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I really enjoyed the cash same as credit promo. Even with the bad trade values, I made a nice profit. Cash is king!
Same I bought a huge Gameboy/Ds Lot for 125$ and After picking them up I instantly took 10 Ds games to gamestop for $100 and had 79 games left over lol

If you want to see how much in trade credit Gamestop has stolen from you, this link is a form that will tell you:

https://www.gamestop.com/svcredit?utm_source=cheetah&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170721_reservation_credit_reservation_credit&om_rid=1089477436&utm_content=5

I'd love to hear if anybody is actually successful in claiming the new virtual trade card that is promised. I never have been able to get it so I make sure to go in store during a slow period and get an employee to call the dedicated help line for stores.

Good Luck!
how is this determined? I have always had my trade credit on a trade card but I checked my account and it says $330 unused trade credit. That is kind of a lot so I submitted the form for a virtual trade card.

It was like $90-100 before lol and it will probably drop till the next trade bonus they do, since the current one ends today.
I’ll probably just wait then, I’m hoping for a good trade week for state of decay 2...just my switch has been collecting dust recently and there’s really no games on my radar rn. I’ll rebuy it when the online drops, my dock is all bent now anyway

how is this determined? I have always had my trade credit on a trade card but I checked my account and it says $330 unused trade credit. That is kind of a lot so I submitted the form for a virtual trade card.
I'm not 100% sure, but I'm sure all of us have placed orders online using trade credit only to have Gamestop cancel items or the entire order.

I'm sure most people here have a ton of orders they've placed online still say "open" even though you'll never get whatever items haven't already been shipped. I think both of those somehow play a part in it. I also think that Gamestop may tell you that you failed placing an order, but if you paid by trade credit they might take that amount away from you anyway. I also think that if your balance on a gift/trade card dips below a certain amount and isn't used within x amount of days, Gamestop just zeroes out that balance and only gives it back when you ask about it.

I don't know for sure any of that is true, but the internet is full of complaints against Gamestop that are much worse then any of the things I wrote above. The ridiculous emails I've exchanged with Gamestop customer service are so stupid that I have to believe they are just trolling me. The runaround is so insane, it's almost an artform. That's why I've always had to go in store to claim it.

If you want to see how much in trade credit Gamestop has stolen from you, this link is a form that will tell you:

https://www.gamestop.com/svcredit?utm_source=cheetah&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170721_reservation_credit_reservation_credit&om_rid=1089477436&utm_content=5

I'd love to hear if anybody is actually successful in claiming the new virtual trade card that is promised. I never have been able to get it so I make sure to go in store during a slow period and get an employee to call the dedicated help line for stores.

Good Luck!
WtF!! It says I have over 200 in trade credit!!! Holy smokes if this goes through I’m guying you all a salmon dinner

that link has floated around before, all you people are doing by submitting is putting the credit on your account in limbo, there is no free money there.

It never goes though. Unless you know for certain you’ve misplaced a $100-$200 card from some big trade ya did (something that’d be immediately noticeable to most of us) then it’s either counting your existing unspent cards or double counting cancelled orders whose cards you later spent elsewhere as mentioned above.

The initial amount said won’t be reflected in what’s emailed to you (a zero dollar code) and if you ask customer service about it they’ll say the initial offer was a mistake.

Yeah this is f'd up. Good thing I've saved all my receipts since July 2017. Half way through and I think I see some credit missing, but it's hard to say because online orders don't show you payment method or card you paid with.

My local Gamestop had a used God of War yesterday. It was $38 After Elite, Birthday coupon and tax. Not expecting the guaranteed $40 since it said "New" in disclaimer, but I have it loaded in my app. Throw in the 2x points and I used trade-in credit, solid CAG deal.

Must be some of those folks who got early copies. I can't imagine anyone buying this game and thinking "This sucks" and trading it the very next day.
They probably beat it...honestly once you beat these type of games it’s done why keep it unless your collecting or going for gow mode

My local Gamestop had a used God of War yesterday. It was $38 After Elite, Birthday coupon and tax. Not expecting the guaranteed $40 since it said "New" in disclaimer, but I have it loaded in my app. Throw in the 2x points and I used trade-in credit, solid CAG deal.
I got the exact same deal, birthday coupon was about to expire. I can also confirm I got the coupon for $40 when trading in gow, nice surprise indeed. The employee told me the guy couldn’t get the disc to work in his PS4 so they gave him a digital copy instead.

After trading my OG PS4 to upgrade to pro less than a week ago, then missing the GOW deal and now the 20% off at Target, I respectfully request that everyone stops posting anything related to having taken advantage of any of these deals, or even mentioning being happy with a deal they got on anything gaming related for at least the next two weeks. This will help me get over the deals I missed. Please do your part. Thanks. 

I got another question, will the trade in combine with the Xbox one controller offer?

Meaning if I trade in several games will the others still obtain the 50% bump?

Ready for all of the 4/22 promos to hopefully reset to something good that will bring the TIVs back up. April has been so-so compared to the nsw stuff from March...

Wanted to trade in my PS4 since I got a pro when target had it at 15% off (now 20% doh) using cartwheel and stack it with brothers employee discount. Quite the little interaction. Told rep I wanted to sell my PS4. He asked cash or credit, I said cash, he said “oh we are no longer doing cash deals”. I said “then what was the point of asking me if I wanted cash or credit. He just shrug. Then point out the 4 signs they have stating “same value whether cash or credit”. He just shrug again. Then I walked out.

Wanted to trade in my PS4 since I got a pro when target had it at 15% off (now 20% doh) using cartwheel and stack it with brothers employee discount. Quite the little interaction. Told rep I wanted to sell my PS4. He asked cash or credit, I said cash, he said “oh we are no longer doing cash deals”. I said “then what was the point of asking me if I wanted cash or credit. He just shrug. Then point out the 4 signs they have stating “same value whether cash or credit”. He just shrug again. Then I walked out.
What did his traps look like?

I'm curious what system values will say tomorrow. I asked about the bonus being present because it's been saying the same thing for XB1 for a few months.

The b2g1 coupon from renewing your elite pro still works on multiples. Unfortunately only found 2 sets at my local store and couldn’t find 3 more games to use it on 3 sets. Now just waiting for a good trade promo and bump.

The b2g1 coupon from renewing your elite pro still works on multiples. Unfortunately only found 2 sets at my local store and couldn’t find 3 more games to use it on 3 sets. Now just waiting for a good trade promo and bump.
I ran out of money. Spent $900 the past few days, so I only got three sets. The ones I passed on were Kirby, Pokken, and Rabbids though so no big deal. Probably another prestige day in May anyways.

It’s a bummer the god of war pro bundle was so scarce. 190 for an XBO and 80 for a ps3 and double trade /purchase points was an awesome deal, but sold out everywhere in my area.

You might have misunderstood him. The register was probably low on cash so he knew he wouldn't have enough to pay you for your trades. I've seen it happen before. Sometimes in the morning when there haven't been many cash purchases by customers the register doesn't have enough cash to fulfill large cash trades. And sometimes at the end of the day there isn't much either from all of the cash trades. Or maybe someone 10 minutes before you did a $500 cash trade. If they don't have enough there isn't anything they can do except offer credit.

You might have misunderstood him. The register was probably low on cash so he knew he wouldn't have enough to pay you for your trades. I've seen it happen before. Sometimes in the morning when there haven't been many cash purchases by customers the register doesn't have enough cash to fulfill large cash trades. And sometimes at the end of the day there isn't much either from all of the cash trades. Or maybe someone 10 minutes before you did a $500 cash trade. If they don't have enough there isn't anything they can do except offer credit.
This is a BS excuse. They have a safe that they can pull $100 at a time from. It's a pain in the ass for them, but they can do it.

A store tried to insist on giving me trade credit on a return when I had paid cash. After I refused trade credit they reluctantly took the 15 minutes to do enough cash pulls from the safe to pay me the refund.

I almost went through this scenario but the associate had enough cash. I offered for him to put the cash value on a visa card if he would comp the activation fee.

Has anyone received the $40 trade-in guarantee coupon for buying GOW new this weekend yet?
I just checked my app, I still have not received my coupon (I bought a new copy yesterday around Noon EST. I saw other folks on here saying they already got that coupon when they bought the game used. I haven’t opened my copy of GOW yet, and keep the receipt, so hopefully I can contact Customer Service if I still don’t have the coupon loaded on my account tomorrow.

I just checked my app, I still have not received my coupon (I bought a new copy yesterday around Noon EST. I saw other folks on here saying they already got that coupon when they bought the game used. I haven’t opened my copy of GOW yet, and keep the receipt, so hopefully I can contact Customer Service if I still don’t have the coupon loaded on my account tomorrow.
People are getting the coupon with used copies? Wow, I know GameStop prefers you to buy used...but the coupon terms clearly stated new.

Good Luck!
Thanks. Said I had $26 so that would be a help to put towards a game.

He could have should that instead of shrugging. Now I understanding my intial response to him was Larry davidish and Dickish and might have put him off. But if I was in his position and there was no option for cash and a customer told me they wanted to sell a console, I can tell you for certain I ain’t going to ask “cash or credit” only to tell them no if they choose the option that not viable. I would be like “ok, but we are only then trades for credit at the moment due to” whatever.

My local Walmart has two GoW PS4 Pros, but those old fashioned dinosaurs want me to pay with actual money!  At some point Walmart, Target, and Best Buy need to join us in the 21st century and realize that GS Trade Credit is the currency of the future.  Soon paying with cash or debit cards will be looked upon as quaintly as writing a check, so they really need to get with the times.

fucking hell. A bunch of PS4 games had a price drop.

Shadow of the Colossus, Horizon Zero Dawn vanilla, and Tekken 7 are now $29.99 new. Freaking GS having crap TIV's this entire month, so hopefully I can make back at least what I put into them (got them during prestige day b2g1).

Edit:
When people said values were crap, they weren't kidding. I really hope TIV's rebound tomorrow (to some extent, even if only a couple dollars).

r6c75Lj.png

GET $50 EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE YOUR XBOX ONE, PS4, OR NINTENDO SWITCH
Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value.  Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer.  See store associate for details.  No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States and Guam only.  Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 4/23/18 - 5/13/18.

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 4/23/18 - 5/13/18.
Here we go again. Wonder what stipulations they'll change this time?

whens the next elite deal
Pro Day?

Current system trade-in deal is crazy if the $50 is not already built-in to the the listed values. Also, not sure if the values update at the same time as the new promos or if they might drop sometime between now and store opening. $200 for an OG XB1 would be pretty sick.

No "up to" langage this time so we'll see.

Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value.  Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer.  See store associate for details.  No dealers.  Offer valid in the United States and Guam only.  Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 4/23/18 - 5/13/18.

GET UP TO 40% EXTRA TRADE CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE TOWARD DONKEY KONG TROPICAL FREEZE, STATE OF DECAY 2, GOD OF WAR OR NINTENDO LABO

Elite Pro Members: 40% Extra Credit. Pro Members: 30% Extra Credit. Others: 20% Extra Credit. Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, State of Decay 2, God of War, or Nintendo LABO, or related products. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 4/23/18 - 5/13/18.

GET 25% EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE ANY PS4 DUALSHOCK WIRELESS OR XBOX ONE WIRELESS CONTROLLER
Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid 4/23 - 5/13.

25% EXTRA CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE 2+ NINTENDO SWITCH GAMES
Not valid toward cash trades. Valid on Switch software trades only.Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offerk valid 4/23/18 - 5/13/18.

Current system trade-in deal is crazy if the $50 is not already built-in to the the listed values. Also, not sure if the values update at the same time as the new promos or if they might drop sometime between now and store opening. $200 for an OG XB1 would be pretty sick.

No "up to" langage this time so we'll see.
VCR XB1 dropped back down to $80, PS4 500gb slim $125, and NSW took a decent hit to $160.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back