Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's wrong, I just think that it's outdated. Maybe the system that tracks gift card / trade card is running a significant amount of time behind the actual usage of the card.
Yes, definitely outdated. I checked what they claim to be my balance, and it is identical to the amount that is on a sticker on the back of my card that an employee placed there 6 months ago...$427.85.

What does this mean though?
There is a physical exploit to boot the current model of switch into a hackable state. By simply bridging two pins, you can hack it. This can't be fixed with firmware since it is a problem with the Tegra X1 system on a chip itself. So a new model will come out pretty soon and the old ones will eventually be sought after to be hacked.

There is a physical exploit to boot the current model of switch into a hackable state. By simply bridging two pins, you can hack it. This can't be fixed with firmware since it is a problem with the Tegra X1 system on a chip itself. So a new model will come out pretty soon and the old ones will eventually be sought after to be hacked.
So that is why he is saying to buy one now because soon it will be worth more because it can be?

no one reply to it so STFU
That's cuz nobody knows.

Buy a switch now! Based on the last 24 hours,the hacking/homebrew scene is about to explode with content by summer 😎
Saw people talking about this on neogaf. They however aren't embracing it and instead are acting righteous, like they've never used emulators. But yeah, it seems like it might be one of those things where the "loophole" is going be fixed as it apparently is hardware-related.

Edit:
Just saw your post after the one I quoted that said pretty much the same thing

Have been told that it's d-listed already in their system. Not sure if there will be another shipment. I'm in the process of moving credit GS>BB and im a 3rd there on first go round. Hoping nothing drops as I'll repeat before and after work.
Any Movers?

Well guess what! Had to go back to GS credit as the one store here someone didn't pick up there preorder and they never answered when they tried calling. So they called me and said I could buy it. As it stands I actually have three GoW PRO systems (same two on hold at best buy an hour and 30 mins away) LOL.

idc about the switch hack thing i have a launch switch that i might trade in soon cause im not playing due to not enough third party games...

remember switch has sold over 10 million consoles already lol...

So still no guaranteed $40 trade in credit for GOW in my active offer. Anyone receive theirs, aside from some folks who basically got it next day?

So still no guaranteed $40 trade in credit for GOW in my active offer. Anyone receive theirs, aside from some folks who basically got it next day?
Nothing here, and what sucks is that if we reach out to support for help they'll say "What promo?" because it's off the trade-in page now...

I bought a preowned game using my $15 credit plus $6.47 cash. It is still in the 7 day return. If I return it will I get my $15 credit back with the cash? Thanks.

Nothing here, and what sucks is that if we reach out to support for help they'll say "What promo?" because it's off the trade-in page now...
How about we show them their own tweet

https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/987077697028276224?ref_src=twcamp^copy|twsrc^android|twgr^copy|twcon^7090|twterm^3

Did anyone get their "virtual trade credit" today?
Nope. Well, yes, but it had $0 on it. I emailed support and they gave me a breakdown, saying how I spent the credit originally offered. Weird. Seems to be an old version of their site that is a bit behind.

Yea, it was towards you sorry bout not quoting

I filled form out 12hrs ago, still no email. They said I have $806
I decided to do a case number to see what happens. They asked for name and phone number....havent had the response email after that one since this morning.

B2G1 Wii U and 3DS games 4/27-4/29.
still no boomers because TiV is so low... Highest TiV for wii u games is $20 base and highest for 3DS is $17 (other then fire emblems fate)

This will be a good weekend to trade in controllers or current gen systems to pad out your wiiu 3ds collection though.

still no boomers because TiV is so low... Highest TiV for wii u games is $20 base and highest for 3DS is $17 (other then fire emblems fate)

This will be a good weekend to trade in controllers or current gen systems to pad out your wiiu 3ds collection though.
Yeah it’s going to be a wasted opportunity if TIV stays low, outside of filling holes in the personal collection.

Looks like AC:O rebounded from $10 to $12 base. Still stupidly low, but at least headed in the right direction...

So would the trade in 2+ switch games for 25% bonus and pre order a specific title for 40% bonus stack? Or would it choose whichever is the better promo?

Sorry.. probably another dumb question but I have a B2G1 that is expiring this Sunday. Does GS still allow exchanges of used games within a certain time period? Does it have to be the same store location?

I see 2 games I want at my home store and another game at a different location...sigh.

Sorry.. probably another dumb question but I have a B2G1 that is expiring this Sunday. Does GS still allow exchanges of used games within a certain time period? Does it have to be the same store location?

I see 2 games I want at my home store and another game at a different location...sigh.
Should beale to do return/rebuy on the one game, and then purchase all 3 (2 +1 rebuy) at the store that has 2. Most stores don't mind as long as you're buying something from them.

Should beale to do return/rebuy on the one game, and then purchase all 3 (2 +1 rebuy) at the store that has 2. Most stores don't mind as long as you're buying something from them.
So use the coupon at the first store when I get all 3 and then exchange a game at the other store? Or..use the coupon at that 2nd store (like I think you are suggesting)?

So use the coupon at the first store when I get all 3 and then exchange a game at the other store? Or..use the coupon at that 2nd store (like I think you are suggesting)?
Apologies for not being clear. If I understand you're scenario correctly you're home store has 2 games and a 2nd store has 1 game, buy you want to buy them as a set of 3 and use a B2G1 coupon.

To do that I would pickup the game from the store that has 1 game. You'll pay the full price (or discounted price appropriate for your PUR level). Take that game to your home store along with the purchase reciept and tell them you would like do a return / rebuy along with the other 2 games they have in stock in order to use your B2G1 coupon. In other words, you will return 1 game and buy back 3 (including the originally purchased game) using a B2G1 at your home store. They should be able to do the whole transaction in one shot, and you should only owe the cost of 1 additional game as the 3rd game in the set should be free.

Hope that helps.

I forgot the existence of Arms when I loaded up on switch stuff with my renewal coupon.

We’ve all forgotten the existence of Arms haven’t we?

I forgot the existence of Arms when I loaded up on switch stuff with my renewal coupon.

We’ve all forgotten the existence of Arms haven’t we?
e39a64888670e866ae9267b29b36ff98.jpg

Just got back from trading my launch PS4 in and despite the site/app showing $120, I got $170 credit, so maybe that extra $50 isn't already built in. I'm Elite Pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back