Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an active offer and an email today with a coupon for $10 off select switch chargers. The active offer coupon says save $10 on Zelda or Mario Switch Complete Chargers. I think it is the pro controller/joycon charger that is on sale for $20 so $10 might be a decent deal.

Also my iPhone X came that I ordered and it is very nice, pretty much in mint condition. I did notice one small mark on the screen but it is pretty much not noticeable. Used 2 certs and got double points back. 

I got an active offer and an email today with a coupon for $10 off select switch chargers. The active offer coupon says save $10 on Zelda or Mario Switch Complete Chargers. I think it is the pro controller/joycon charger that is on sale for $20 so $10 might be a decent deal.

Also my iPhone X came that I ordered and it is very nice, pretty much in mint condition. I did notice one small mark on the screen but it is pretty much not noticeable. Used 2 certs and got double points back.
Saw those chargers for $20 earlier today, I see them online for $30 now...

To trade in a switch I only need the switch itself, the dock, the power cable, hdmi cable and the joycons correct? I no longer have that joycon adapter, or the things to hang around your wrist...I don’t Want to get charged a refurbish fee

To trade in a switch I only need the switch itself, the dock, the power cable, hdmi cable and the joycons correct? I no longer have that joycon adapter, or the things to hang around your wrist...I don’t Want to get charged a refurbish fee
Probably not, but if they do try to charge you a refurb fee you might be better off just waiting. Even after the $50 bonus, $210 is crap tiv for it considering it was/had been $250 tic for quite some time not too long ago.

Probably not, but if they do try to charge you a refurb fee you might be better off just waiting. Even after the $50 bonus, $210 is crap tiv for it considering it was/had been $250 tic for quite some time not too long ago.
Gonna try it tomorrow morning and see what they say, it’s just collecting dust rn and will continue to collect dust till Pokémon comes out. and I’ll cop and x with it for now and hopefully they make a special edition pokemon one. I can’t find any solid info, a few pages back someone said you don’t need those items because they have trade values of their own...but so does the Wii sensor bar and you need that to trade in a Wii

Plan to trade a PS4 controller (have a back up). Does it require the charging cable or will the controller itself be alright? It originally came with the Fat PS4 system.

I've traded in a few DualShock4's and I've never had to bring the cable in.

Only need the cable when trading in the PS4 system as a whole.

Thanks all for the input. I actually want to keep my cable since I use it to charge my Galaxy Tab since it's way longer than the one Samsung supplied. If anything I'd trade in the Samsung cable since it's so short.

I just checked the app and they finally loaded my coupon for $40 TIV of God of War! Top text says expires 5/21, while the fine print of this coupon and text of the original offer on their website says 5/22.

Now i can finally open up this damn game and start playing it.

I just checked the app and they finally loaded my coupon for $40 TIV of God of War! Top text says expires 5/21, while the fine print of this coupon and text of the original offer on their website says 5/22.

I finally got the coupon too. For reference, I bought the console bundle that came with the game.

Time to visit my local neighborhood YMMV store and get that rare used copy

Didnt get my coupon but picked it up at 9 PM Thursday . Should I call gamestop or ?
Coupon did say "must be purchased between 4/20 - 4/22". And this is GameStop we're talking about, so you might be SOL.

40dollars_GOW.jpg

Also says can't be combined with other offers, so it may not work with 50/60/70 percent promo if theye have one before 5/22. If that's the case you might be better off.

I bought God of War at the 9 pm release and did not get a coupon either. Doesn't matter much to me, since this is one of those games that I'll keep in my collection.
I can respect keeping such a great game. I just want to trade the copy that came with my system and pick it up again down the road when it’s $10.

It's going to vary by store. Everyone in the GameStop subreddit has said you need the straps and grip.
He opened 2 preowned systems, and they were in there so he said I needed them...it doesn’t matter I was just posting my experience for others who are looking to trade a switch be prepared to have those items if you don’t need them then cool...but the grip is part of the home console part...didn’t think the straps would be a big deal tho.

I’m enjoying my x now it’s so silent compared to the s, came with free madden 18 too. And I used a couple certs I’m still cheap lol

Are you able to give someone else your welcome B2G1 coupon or do they have to have your account?

I would stay away from buying preowned Wii U titles online. Likely to come refurbished and not work. Stopped purchasing them a while back.
Thanks for the heads up.

I only bought some 3ds games online tonight. I prefer to get CIB Wii U games, so I'll be checking local stores.

I would caution from buying preowned Wii U titles online. Likely to come refurbished and not work. Stopped purchasing them a while back since I was getting so many non-working.
After the last batch I got during the prestige day b2g1 I'm going to start making it a habit of looking extremely close at the disc before leaving the store as even tiny little scratches have caused me problems. Then again it seems like a total crap shoot half the time, as the game can be scratched and works fine.

It's annoying since I've nearly rounded out my collection of "must-have" wiiu games.

These TIVs are incredibly low. It makes the B2G1 for 3DS and Wii U hardly worth the effort...
Yeah I know we say it often but it does seem like values are as low across the board as I have seen. I was debating trading in some backlog games and it really doesn’t seem like it’s worth the effort.

These TIVs are incredibly low. It makes the B2G1 for 3DS and Wii U hardly worth the effort...

Yeah I know we say it often but it does seem like values are as low across the board as I have seen. I was debating trading in some backlog games and it really doesn’t seem like it’s worth the effort.
gonna be a short day with only a few rounds of 3DS trades. there's very little Wii U potential, unless I use a regular B2G1 coupon.

The idea of picking up some games for the hopes of flipping w a higher TIV later, seems risky. Does anyone do that?

Or do a lot of people do that and I just need to rethink my strategy?

The idea of picking up some games for the hopes of flipping w a higher TIV later, seems risky. Does anyone do that?

I usually trade same day. Lately, it seems the only ones worth holding on to for later are Switch titles.

If you do, order online. The next bump will be ~20 days from now, so if it doesn't work out, you're still inside the 30 day online return policy.

Personally, I've been doing a lot less boomerang and more flipping on eBay.

GS > BB credit transfer with Buy 2 get 1 free. Elite and GCU are taken into consideration plus no tax for GS if you buy with credit. This is from a quick search. There might be more. These games might be hard to find all at one spot. All games listed below are 30.40 with elite. 

GS Purchase:

Pokemon Ultra Sun - 30.40

Pokemon Ultra Moon - 30.40

Mitopia - 0

TOTAL: 60.80

BB Trade-In:

Pokemon Ultra Sun - 21.54

Pokemon Ultra Moon - 21.54

Mitopia - 19.86

TOTAL: 62.94

Below are honorable mentions that you could mix and match with B2G1 with slight loss.

For GS calculation, average cost is taken from 3 games of the same price. 

GS>BB:

Super Mario Maker (3DS) - 20.27 > 19.43

Mario Spors Upserstars (3DS) - 20.27 > 18.22

I picked up some XBOne games during the 4/$20 sale at $3 each. Most are now $1.20-1.80, so buying for later doesn’t work well unless it’s NSW or something like that. Luckily the games I bought are pretty decent so I don’t mind.

GS > BB credit transfer with Buy 2 get 1 free. Elite and GCU are taken into consideration plus no tax for GS if you buy with credit. This is from a quick search. There might be more. These games might be hard to find all at one spot. All games listed below are 30.40 with elite.

GS Purchase:

Pokemon Ultra Sun - 30.40

Pokemon Ultra Moon - 30.40

Mitopia - 0

TOTAL: 60.80

BB Trade-In:

Pokemon Ultra Sun - 21.54

Pokemon Ultra Moon - 21.54

Mitopia - 19.86

TOTAL: 62.94

Below are honorable mentions that you could mix and match with B2G1 with slight loss.

For GS calculation, average cost is taken from 3 games of the same price.

GS>BB:

Super Mario Maker (3DS) - 20.27 > 19.43

Mario Spors Upserstars (3DS) - 20.27 > 18.22
Is Amazon ever a viable trade-in/flip option?

Is Amazon ever a viable trade-in/flip option?
To be honest, I don't know. I actually like to go in-person and do the trade ins. That way if there is some issue, I can take care of it on the spot. Maybe someone else that flips at amazon can elaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back