Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
i notice page 7 of the ad shows the 40% towards ps and xbox credit is still active, but its not on the website anymore. anybody done a trade past couple days and got the bonus?

To be honest, I don't know. I actually like to go in-person and do the trade ins. That way if there is some issue, I can take care of it on the spot. Maybe someone else that flips at amazon can elaborate.
Thanks. Both my B2G1 pre-owned and 20% off any pre-owned game coupons are expiring in a few days. I don't really have any ideas on how to best use them, as there aren't many current releases I'm dying to play, other than the new God of War. I may use that 20% off pre-owned on that.

But that still feels like I am wasting the B2G1 free :\

Thanks. Both my B2G1 pre-owned and 20% off any pre-owned game coupons are expiring in a few days. I don't really have any ideas on how to best use them, as there aren't many current releases I'm dying to play, other than the new God of War. I may use that 20% off pre-owned on that.

But that still feels like I am wasting the B2G1 free :\
I’d say NSW top tier games are your best bet for the B2G1. Even if you have to sit in those, theyre valuable on eBay and other places if GS TIV doesn’t rebound (I think it will).

I’d say NSW top tier games are your best bet for the B2G1. Even if you have to sit in those, theyre valuable on eBay and other places if GS TIV doesn’t rebound (I think it will).
Ya, was surprised to see current TIVs even with my Elite status. The frustrating aspect of the B2G1 is that it has to be in-store, IIRC. So even if flip-value was only a minor concern, I still can't find a local store that has three games that I want.

Ya, was surprised to see current TIVs even with my Elite status. The frustrating aspect of the B2G1 is that it has to be in-store, IIRC. So even if flip-value was only a minor concern, I still can't find a local store that has three games that I want.
You can buy games from multiple stores and do a return / rebuy at the last store where you would also apply the B2G1 coupon. Understandably this may not be feasible for everyone depending on the number of and separation of gamestops in your area.

You can buy games from multiple stores and do a return / rebuy at the last store where you would also apply the B2G1 coupon. Understandably this may not be feasible for everyone depending on the number of and separation of gamestops in your area.
Huh, never thought of that. thanks for the suggestion.

One final question: I also have 50k points just sitting there. Would it be wise to also redeem a $25 Pre-Owned Reward Certificate for 20,000 points in conjunction with the previously mentioned 20% off coupon on the new God of War?

One final question: I also have 50k points just sitting there. Would it be wise to also redeem a $25 Pre-Owned Reward Certificate for 20,000 points in conjunction with the previously mentioned 20% off coupon on the new God of War?
It's really up to you. I do that all the time with games I want to play now. I say, if you have something that you want to wait to use the rewards points on, save them. If not then use them on the game you want to play now. We don't know if they are going to bring back half off preowned certs on cyber monday. The less out of pocket the better.

Not necessarily. Just be aware that $ value certs purchased with points are applied first than % off (including PUR %off).

Couple of examples with used game costing $40, PUR elite is used in the examples.

PUR elite
0.8 x $40 = $32
Savings: $8
Point used: 0

$25 off cert + PUR elite
($40 - $25) x 0.8 = $ 12
Savings: $28
Point used: 20,000
Note: Some people are not happy that certs combined with pur makes pur worth less. Here you only save $3 from pur instead of $8 in the previous example.

PUR elite + 20% coupon
( 0.8 x $40) x 0.8 = $25.60
Savings: $14.40
Point used: 0

$25 off cert + PUR elite + 20% coupon
(($40 - $25) x 0.8) x 0.8 = $9.60
Savings: $30.40
Point used: 20,000

Some people prefer to use points for items they don't get a PUR discount on. Collectors sets, new controllers, head sets, etc. Everyone is different so you just need to make the choice that best fits you. In reality the POS system may not even allow the last example. That example is more for demonstration of the discount hierarchy.

Hope that helps.

but I have the coupon?
So you're going to buy a used copy, return the new copy shortly afterwards (since it's almost been 1 week; i.e. their return period for new games), and use the $40 guaranteed TIC coupon later on?

The idea of picking up some games for the hopes of flipping w a higher TIV later, seems risky. Does anyone do that?
Yes. Though in my defense I thought I would actually play a couple lol.

Apparently I didn't learn my lesson the first time I did it a couple years ago, as I did the same thing during last prestige day b2g1. :wall: I think I can come out even, maybe even make a little bit of profit, but it isn't worth having hundreds of dollars tied up.

Is Amazon ever a viable trade-in/flip option?

Not anymore, since they don't take near as many trades as they used to. Also screw noram (the people who handle amazon trades; they reject trades sometimes for any reason they can find, especially if the TIV happens to be high when you submitted a trade).

Went to use my trade credit and the machine declined it and said the card was frozen... wtf!!

Has this ever happened to anyone??

You loose out on a few bucks using both at the same time. They would take the $25 off, then they would take the 20% off.

Went to use my trade credit and the machine declined it and said the card was frozen... wtf!!

Has this ever happened to anyone??
Did you submit a claim using that "lost trade in credit" link that was posted a few days ago, then were warned to not use? if so, that's why your TIC card is being shown as frozen in the system.

Fyi when I stopped at my local store today, dude came in to trade his copy of god of war and the system bumped the value to $40. He was shocked about it but it sounds like the system bumps the game and there is no coupon.

Did you submit a claim using that "lost trade in credit" link that was posted a few days ago, then were warned to not use? if so, that's why your TIC card is being shown as frozen in the system.
Wow... I had $209 dollars on my trade card... That stupid link took 5 days to send me an email of $6.30... How does that even compute?

Yeah, I submitted that link. It said I had $24, and today I got the email saying they had sent it to me. The link leads to them saying I have no gift card, and it wiped the $98 I had on my account. Definitely not what I wanted to happen. 

maybe that's why the site says my "Trade credit balance is unavailable" today... The link said I had $0 credit so just putting in my information screwed my trade card? How does one fix this?

The link says I have over 1k in credit but fails after trying to enter the site. Sent an email to the credit support team. Fingers crossed but not at all getting my hopes up.

Fyi when I stopped at my local store today, dude came in to trade his copy of god of war and the system bumped the value to $40. He was shocked about it but it sounds like the system bumps the game and there is no coupon.
The employee could have just automatically applied the coupon, assuming the guy had it in his active offers. They can see what coupons you have in your active offers on their computer screen after they ask for your PUR phone # (i.e. you don't need to have them scan coupons from your phone).

Same thing happened when I traded in a couple of games last month during the 50% bonus for switch games.

In all fairness multiple people posted to not use that link if you cared about your trade credit.

I’m sure a 6 hour call wait with customer service can get your credit back.

In all fairness multiple people posted to not use that link if you cared about your trade credit.

I’m sure a 6 hour call wait with customer service can get your credit back.
i clicked the link as soon as i saw it prior to the warning

n6y8a.jpg

Took a chance on some Gamecube games. Hoping all those times I've cleaned up after other dumpster divers (a bazillion) will bring good mojo regarding getting the games complete, or with the original cover art and case at least... Probably not, though.

I submitted a claim on that link and still had all my trade credit when I went in tonight. I got the email this afternoon about the missing gift cards and didn’t click on that though.

Is this a new thing? Because I literally bought 5 Gamecube games and a N64 game there yesterday
A lot of the stores around me we're carrying the retro stuff that got traded in instead of sending it back to the warehouse. But 3-4 months ago, 2 different SL told me HQ wants all retro sent back to the warehouse and not to put it out on the floor. All my stores complied, but obviously it's always up to the descretion of management.

that link doesnt freeze up funds

and I just went back and looked and nobody is warning anybody to not use it - i just read through at least 4 pages after it and there's 1 post just saying it's bullshit and the amounts aren't real, which I don't disagree with. but there's not "Multiple warnings not to use it" anywhere close to my post with it, so I don't know what are you people talking about

that link doesnt freeze up funds

and I just went back and looked and nobody is warning anybody to not use it - i just read through at least 4 pages after it and there's 1 post just saying it's bullshit and the amounts aren't real, which I don't disagree with. but there's not "Multiple warnings not to use it" anywhere close to my post with it, so I don't know what are you people talking about
8 posts after you posted the link

#5694 ritchardf

Posted 22 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

that link has floated around before, all you people are doing by submitting is putting the credit on your account in limbo, there is no free money there.

Buy 2 get 1, n64 games are hot...if no n64 Classic this year or vc I expect the games to sell great during the holidays..

Preorders are not showing how much is owed anymore? I hope the computers didn’t mess that up because I threw away my receipts for my preorders on street fighter 30th and state of decay 2 ultimate.

Preorders are not showing how much is owed anymore? I hope the computers didn’t mess that up because I threw away my receipts for my preorders on street fighter 30th and state of decay 2 ultimate.
They've been screwing around with the pre-orders lately, so I wouldn't be surprised if they screwed this up too in the process.

Speaking of which, did anyone actually get their $5 deposit back from old pre-orders GS hid??

Regarding the B2G1 Used 3DS games sale this weekend...  If one store doesn't have three games that I want, can I buy from one store, take to another, and refund then rebuy the same game I just returned along with two other games?  How should it work since used games are "open"?  Will it be OK as long as I just get the same game that I just brought in?

Trying to not get stuck not being able to do the B2G1 deal and just end up buying the three games I want at two different stores (two at one store, and one at another) and end up just picking up a 4th game because it's free.

All they did with my "lost credit" was take my credit off my trade card and put it on a digital card. Lol. At least they didn't lose the credit I already had or I'd be pissed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back