Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
So I am not sure if this a nationwide policy, but a local gamestop said on Monday in a conference call all gift cards outside gaming related cannot be purchased with trade credit/gift cards anymore.
Tried buying an Amazon GC yesterday (4/29) with my $300+ store credit and it failed when the manager tried ringing it up (twice). Bummer. Not sure what to do with it since there's nothing I want to buy for quite some time.

Tried buying an Amazon GC yesterday (4/29) with my $300+ store credit and it failed when the manager tried ringing it up (twice). Bummer. Not sure what to do with it since there's nothing I want to buy for quite some time.
Amazon GCs have been dead for a long time...

I just left the store that’s on board with me flipping games from other stores to theirs, and have some clarification on the GC discussions.

Set price stuff can be had with TC still, like the $25 Starbucks card I just picked up.
Anything that is multivalue has to have a GC like the $150 Lowe’s I just picked up.

The store manager told me that they were told to “strongly discourage” any TC to GC or GC to GC purchases during a conference call not too long ago.

I just left the store that’s on board with me flipping games from other stores to theirs, and have some clarification on the GC discussions.

Set price stuff can be had with TC still, like the $25 Starbucks card I just picked up.
Anything that is multivalue has to have a GC like the $150 Lowe’s I just picked up.

The store manager told me that they were told to “strongly discourage” any TC to GC or GC to GC purchases during a conference call not too long ago.
So a trade credit card will no longer work on the gift cards where yo have to choose a value?

They definitely don’t work on Lowe’s cards. SM said the pos will block any card that requires inputting a value if paying with TC.
This is the same SM that calls me from time to time to ask me to do a large trade/purchase to help his store numbers, I don’t honk he would BSme.

They definitely don’t work on Lowe’s cards. SM said the pos will block any card that requires inputting a value if paying with TC.
This is the same SM that calls me from time to time to ask me to do a large trade/purchase to help his store numbers, I don’t honk he would BSme.
This will become a thorn in my side, because I regularly buy Fandango and FandangoNow GC's from GS with trade credit.

Interesting. Typically get SB cards when the fixed values are out which is fairly often. Hopefully this isn't the start of not allowing TC to be used for GCs although some of my local stores are blocking these purchases for a while now.

So rather than completely block the practice they ask their workers to give customers the stink eye? Ah, GameStop and Your Byzantine rules.

It appears that GameStop took down the Tropical Freeze Wii U page and Nintendo also took it down from the eShop. Obviously they don’t want you buying a $20 copy and want you to buy it on the Switch for $60, but this seems very shady.

Honestly just them trying to avoid confusing with soccer moms coming to pick it up for their kids.

I was in line last week and heard a very stereotype soccer mom ask for "a dsl". The guy at the counter took 5 minutes to finally figures out she wanted DLC but she had no idea for what game...

So yeah... avoid confusion when ever possible.

It appears that GameStop took down the Tropical Freeze Wii U page and Nintendo also took it down from the eShop. Obviously they don’t want you buying a $20 copy and want you to buy it on the Switch for $60, but this seems very shady.
No trade value for the Wii U version either.

No trade value for the Wii U version either.
This is what I hate about the whole WiiU to Switch port crap. A) they charge full retail for th Switch port (they should have at least offered a trade promo towards the new version) and b) trade value of the WiiU version goes in the crapper.

Even though Bayonetta WiiU has 2 games included and is superior to the switch vserion in that regard (switch has the voucher), the WiiU version is still crappy tiv. Most people play it in tablet mode, so it's not like it's even a step up performances wise.

This is what I hate about the whole WiiU to Switch port crap. A) they charge full retail for th Switch port (they should have at least offered a trade promo towards the new version) and b) trade value of the WiiU version goes in the crapper.

Even though Bayonetta WiiU has 2 games included and is superior to the switch vserion in that regard (switch has the voucher), the WiiU version is still crappy tiv. Most people play it in tablet mode, so it's not like it's even a step up performances wise.
I sold my sealed copy of Bayonetta 1 + 2 for Wii U immediately after it was announced on eBay. I haven't gotten the Switch version yet because I'm not a fan of digital downloads. Keeping my Wii U copy of DKTF because trade in value before was garbage.

So I just got this email...

Dear Dennis

Your GameStop gift card in the amount of 806.06 for your unused trade credit is ready to be claimed.
to retrieve your gift card. You will be directed to GameStop's secure website. Once there, for security purposes you will be required to verify your identity.

THIS IS NOT YOUR GIFT CARD.
Please do not take this to the store. You must click on the above link to claim your gift card.

Dennis were you to click that and login it will lead to a zero balance gift card, assuming you truly had no lost or unused cards currently on you.

I tried it once for shits and giggles on alt account at a time where I was emptied out (bought games to play) to see if I could maybe social engineer an apology $10 from the rep. Nothing but sorry’s.

Dennis were you to click that and login it will lead to a zero balance gift card, assuming you truly had no lost or unused cards currently on you.

I tried it once for shits and giggles on alt account at a time where I was emptied out (bought games to play) to see if I could maybe social engineer an apology $10 from the rep. Nothing but sorry’s.
Debating on clicking. I dont want it to affect my physical trade credit card

Just tried using my trade credit today, and it would not work. Said my card was frozen, as reported. Employee couldn't even check the card balance neither gamestop.com worked. However I called in, and They were able to tell me my balance. And said the system is not working, try in 72hrs.

Just tried using my trade credit today, and it would not work. Said my card was frozen, as reported. Employee couldn't even check the card balance neither gamestop.com worked. However I called in, and They were able to tell me my balance. And said the system is not working, try in 72hrs.
they told me 24-48 hours 72 hours ago, soooo...

I was able to use my trade credit last night to pick God of War used with no issues.

I didn't click on those links as I knew from the past they never seem to work anyway.  

Guess it is just random bad luck?

Man, its been so tough finding flips the past few weeks and gamestops values are trash.
Yeah with no decent promo's and values lately that make it worth it, it has been a pain. On the upside though this helps with resetting my my trade in 30 day rotation for the next decent promo that comes up. Plus i have been able to find some cheap games on FB market place and local pawn shops lately so i don't mind sitting on them for a bit.

Only Gamestop would use MLB 18 for an ad like this

31754580_1971889776164272_6646854368966475776_n.jpg

So I bought a bunch of collectible sh!t from GameStop today and the PoS opted to put a coupon for $5 bonus TIV on the (emailed) receipt. Here is the language on the receipt:

GameStop receipt said:
We buy your games, systems,
, accessories, smart phones and more
for cash or credit.
Get an Extra $5 Credit on any
Game Traded.
Promo code below:
EBC3058104-########
Offer expires 5/31/2018. Limit 1 game.
Game must have a trade value
of at least $2 to qualify
Not valid toward cash trades.
Trades must be in full working
condition to receive full value.
Defective items may be eligible
for trade at a lesser value.�
Trades subject to manager
approval. Cannot be combined with any
other offer.�See store associate
for details.�No dealers. Offer
valid in the United States
and Guam only.�Void where
prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves
the right to cancel,
terminate, modify or suspend
the offer for any reason without
notice.
This is most likely a unique one-time use code. No idea if this is as good as the fabled $5 TIV card or lore, but I'm sure to find out.

So I bought a bunch of collectible sh!t from GameStop today and the PoS opted to put a coupon for $5 bonus TIV on the (emailed) receipt. Here is the language on the receipt:

This is most likely a unique one-time use code. No idea if this is as good as the fabled $5 TIV card or lore, but I'm sure to find out.
It is for people who haven't traded before. I believe the codes are different for each person.

I bought Injustice 2 just over 1 week ago (haven't opened it yet) for $60 but now the price has dropped $20.  I used a $25 cert when I bought it.  Will GS refund me the $20 difference still even though I used a cert?  Thanks in advance for anyone that had this experience. 

I bought Injustice 2 just over 1 week ago (haven't opened it yet) for $60 but now the price has dropped $20. I used a $25 cert when I bought it. Will GS refund me the $20 difference still even though I used a cert? Thanks in advance for anyone that had this experience.
Where is it $20?

Edit: Read that wrong. I see now that it dropped $20 to $39.99.

Is there a limit to how many preowned games u can buy and return in 7 days? I have not done it with any but was curious. Thanks.

Is there a limit to how many preowned games u can buy and return in 7 days? I have not done it with any but was curious. Thanks.
I could be totally misreading you, but it sounds like you want to play it and then return it. Don't abuse the system. You will get return privileges revoked if you do it too much.

With the trade 2+ NSW games do elite PUR members get 1.45 x [base TIV]? Or only 1.25 x [base TIV] as 1.25 > 1.2?

If the latter, then meh as 5% of [base TIV] for top tier switch games is $1.25.

With the trade 2+ NSW games do elite PUR members get 1.45 x [base TIV]? Or only 1.25 x [base TIV] as 1.25 > 1.2?

If the latter, then meh as 5% of [base TIV] for top tier switch games is $1.25.
I noticed they pretty much always use "Get up to xx% extra trade credit" when it's the latter. Coversely "Get xx% extra trade credit" is the former. So when it says "up to" is when we're getting the shaft.

I bought Injustice 2 just over 1 week ago (haven't opened it yet) for $60 but now the price has dropped $20. I used a $25 cert when I bought it. Will GS refund me the $20 difference still even though I used a cert? Thanks in advance for anyone that had this experience.
It's probably a YMMV situation with the manager. What did you use for payment after the cert was applied?

Their system by default will ring up Injustice 2 for the full price. If you wait until it's no longer on sale and return it, they will give you the $60 back in the form of payment you gave them. Weird, but Gamestop's return system is garbage, for our benefit most of the time. Often I buy used games with Elite 20% and if I return them, they have to manually dock 20% or they forget and I profit.

Months ago I got an unused trade in credit email and I actually did receive the credit. I did lose a card with a balance on it and don't think I had any on hand when I clicked the link though. Whenever I click that link now it just says the amount that I already got a e-gift card for though. So doubt it's accurate at all at this point.

Anyone who had their trade card frozen have it unfreeze yet? Mines going on 5 days since customer service told me 24-48 hours...

Anyone who had their trade card frozen have it unfreeze yet? Mines going on 5 days since customer service told me 24-48 hours...
Day 7 for me, still frozen. Got this reply from the customer service email today:

Hello,
I hope your day has gotten off to a fantastic start!
We do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has cause. We are currently looking into why all cards is frozen. Unfortunately, this means we have to wait for a third party to help with the resolution.
It is being taken seriously and we are working diligently to find a resolution.

Nice. I bought God of War used on Monday. Will have to check my receipt to see if I got that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back