Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
damn its been bleek in here since yall clicked that link about 2 weeks. 

i was gonna click it but i figured i don't have any credit i don't know about since i spend it all lol.

Sorry I’m a little behind. Is there a problem when using your trade credit to make an online purchase?
Not any more than usual.

Some people were using a link on gamestop.com that was supposed to check for and reissue missing/unsed credit. Not being aware that others had encountered problems before, some people clicked on the link. Most people found the numbers to be inaccurate and some had their trade credit put on hold and are trying to get it released, but now they're getting the usual cs run around.

Sorry I’m a little behind. Is there a problem when using your trade credit to make an online purchase?
Generally there can be problems with using trade credit, especially if your order gets canceled. In my case it seems to be made worse when GS removes the funds from your trade credit card and then claims that you don't have enough funds or if you run a card to zero after they remove funds from your card, especially when pre-ordering.

In short, using trade credit online is at your own risk, especially when pre-ordering.

I received my Gamecube games today. I only had enough money for six (trade credit), and thought that was all I was willing to take a risk on. Well, all but one game had the original cover art and case, and four had their respective instruction manual! All discs looked like they were resurfaced with a JFJ Easy Pro Disc Resurfacer as they all have that funky residue around their hubs (not to mention the obvious swirls). This really bothered me when I bought Mario Kart Double Dash, but I'm fine with these. Glad to expand my Gamecube collection.

I don't know if this is already mentioned, but you can purchase $5 NIntendo eShop codes that print on your receipt at GameStop. Many times I don't need $10, so it's nice to get a lower amount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man ... GameStop sent me the wrong version of the PS3 I ordered. The box says it's the version I ordered, but it's certainly not. Even with all the flips I'm starting to lose interest in GameStop

Throwing this out there, if anyone’s sitting on trade credit and wants to convert to cash. I’m looking for iTunes gift cards and I’m willing to pay 85%. Paypal, venmo or whatever you’d prefer. Pm me if interested. Looking for $200 worth.

The TIV for Switch games went up but the trade in bonus is still low. I'm still holding on to the hope that we get a high trade in bonus for summer like last year.

The TIV for Switch games went up but the trade in bonus is still low. I'm still holding on to the hope that we get a high trade in bonus for summer like last year.
If you meant Mario Odyssey, yes. That’s the only NSW game that went up to $30 base yesterday. Everything else is the same.

Not any more than usual.

Some people were using a link on gamestop.com that was supposed to check for and reissue missing/unsed credit. Not being aware that others had encountered problems before, some people clicked on the link. Most people found the numbers to be inaccurate and some had their trade credit put on hold and are trying to get it released, but now they're getting the usual cs run around.
Gamestop is having a system wide failure in redeeming trade credit and gift cards across the entire nation that Gamestop is slow to react to. And of course CS is just telling people it will be fixed in 24-48 hours just to get off the phone and not actually do anything to help.

Gamestop is having a system wide failure in redeeming trade credit and gift cards across the entire nation that Gamestop is slow to react to. And of course CS is just telling people it will be fixed in 24-48 hours just to get off the phone and not actually do anything to help.
Perhaps Cheapy could use his contacts at GameStop to bring this to corporate's attention for a faster resolution?

So, a CS report couldn't help me out at all with my frozen credit. He told me to go back to the store I first had issues and have them call some hotline. Long story short, credit is still frozen but I was given a gift card for the credit my account had. They then told me that if I wanted to trade, I'd have to deposit everything into new gc.

Got a 20% off pre-owned product for my birthday. Does that stack with my original 10% off from Pro?

How is that adding up? Maybe $6 from 20% elite bonus off of base $30 added to $40 PUR active offer for buying new when it released?
Based on the math, I would assume the offer just added on $10 to the Elite value, but I'm not really sure. I was fully expecting only $40 regardless of what PUR account i had, so no complaint here.

Probably the best tradein value outside of a 50-70% tradein deal.

How is that adding up? Maybe $6 from 20% elite bonus off of base $30 added to $40 PUR active offer for buying new when it released?
Based on previous reports in the thread the TIV of 46 is expected.

If I recall the previous report when base TIV was $25, a pur elite member recieved $45.

Your math would check for both scenarios.

Based on the math, I would assume the offer just added on $10 to the Elite value, but I'm not really sure. I was fully expecting only $40 regardless of what PUR account i had, so no complaint here.

Probably the best tradein value outside of a 50-70% tradein deal.
Adds whatever is the difference between base value and the promo value ($40), as well as adding an additional 20% on top of base for being elite.

In short gamestop will pay you $2 to buy back your own copy of God of War after trading it in to them. So if you're not done just do that and then trade it in when you are done.

Ended up selling nearly all of my trade-in inventory on eBay because of the 15% off sale. Been sitting on a bunch of switch games for weeks now. Only potential right now is for them to bump next week before +25% for 2 switch games promo ends next week.

I need to hurry up and finish Gow before it loses six bucks
Just bear in mind that any amount over the guaranteed $40 you get for the game is based on your level of membership's bonus TIV, so unless the base TIV of the game drops dramatically the amount over $40 that you get for the game won't change dramatically. So theoretically, unless the TIV of the game plummets before the $40 coupon expires, you could probably play the game until near the end of the coupon and still get a value very similar to this.

Ended up selling nearly all of my trade-in inventory on eBay because of the 15% off sale. Been sitting on a bunch of switch games for weeks now. Only potential right now is for them to bump next week before +25% for 2 switch games promo ends next week.
Same here, moved $275 worth of N64 games from the retro sale a few weeks back. Thanks eBay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back