Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
So this morning I got a cancellation email from Gamestop.  The thing is, I don't remember ordering anything recently.  So I go to my order history thinking maybe it was a preorder (even though I don't think I have any), but there's no sign of the cancelled order.  So I go back to email and search the order number.

It was an order from 04-25-2016.

I think I got everything I ordered except maybe 1 DS game.

I just looked at my Order History again - I have 29 other open orders going back to March 2015.  I've asked about these orders mutltiple times, and each time I'm assured that the Order History Status is wrong and the orders have all been closed.   It appears I've been lied to by Gamestop Customer Service again - what a shocker.    The order history also conveniently leaves out even the most basic payment information, so it's incredibly tedious to go through emails, bank records, and screengrabs of confirmation pages to figure it out.  fucking Gamestop.

Anybody else ever have an order cancelled 25 months after you placed it? wtf

I can't say I've had an order canceled more than 2 years after placing it, but: I've seen people complain about service or whatever in stores. However, most GameStops I've been to in the eight states I lived in, I find the employees to be friendly and generally well-informed about ongoing promos, etc. even if we tend to know more by virtue of this site. The only consistent fault I can find is their pushiness with pre-orders, but that's because its a corporate thing.

But their website and phone customer service. My god. You could not ask for a worst combination. Every time I have to place an order on their website, it's like playing Russian Roulette on if my order will go through without errors / if my trade credit will just be drained / if my order was never shipped out properly / etc. I will never understand how a corporation in 2018 can still have such a terrible online presence.

I can't say I've had an order canceled more than 2 years after placing it, but: I've seen people complain about service or whatever in stores. However, most GameStops I've been to in the eight states I lived in, I find the employees to be friendly and generally well-informed about ongoing promos, etc. even if we tend to know more by virtue of this site. The only consistent fault I can find is their pushiness with pre-orders, but that's because its a corporate thing.

But their website and phone customer service. My god. You could not ask for a worst combination. Every time I have to place an order on their website, it's like playing Russian Roulette on if my order will go through without errors / if my trade credit will just be drained / if my order was never shipped out properly / etc. I will never understand how a corporation in 2018 can still have such a terrible online presence.
It's because they don't live in the present. They live in the past and continue to do things that they have done in the past that failed only to resurrect them once again in hopes of triumph.

Current flavor of this example. "Hot Titles" are now $56.99 preowned instead of $54.99. Which moves Elite Pro pricing up to $45.99.

So has anyone don't a trade and picked up a $10 PSN or Live card?  Is that a real promo?  Don't really want credit but would grab a $10 card if it makes sense.

Want to trade God of War.  $30 base (I bought it used so no $40 coupon).  Is the current promo 40% on top of that (I am Elite).

$42 sounds a bit too good to be true. 

So has anyone don't a trade and picked up a $10 PSN or Live card? Is that a real promo? Don't really want credit but would grab a $10 card if it makes sense.

Want to trade God of War. $30 base (I bought it used so no $40 coupon). Is the current promo 40% on top of that (I am Elite).

Yes. Boosting base values is what trade promos do. I would guess you'll get around $45 for it taking into account the 10% with the 40% boosts.

So has anyone don't a trade and picked up a $10 PSN or Live card? Is that a real promo? Don't really want credit but would grab a $10 card if it makes sense.

Want to trade God of War. $30 base (I bought it used so no $40 coupon). Is the current promo 40% on top of that (I am Elite).

someone on slickdeals verified they got the boost with psn credit

For me - the cashier had to add one of the cards to my checkout and the promo automatically added itself. It worked after I asked to try it, and what the best trade in promos were, mentioning this one and it is on the website, and he denied it existed/was active...

For me - the cashier had to add one of the cards to my checkout and the promo automatically added itself. It worked after I asked to try it, and what the best trade in promos were, mentioning this one and it is on the website, and he denied it existed/was active...
I never ask anymore. Most of the time, I know more about their job than they do.

I just got back and got $45 for a game (God of War) with a $25 base. Someone printed out the promo (was hard to read) and hung it on the rack with the gift cards. They were out of the $10 PSN cards. Wasn't sure if they code they printed would work. Asked the cashier who didn't even know about the promo. He put a $10 PSN code in and it came up to $45 minus $10 for the PSN card.

Not bad I paid $43.99 for it last week.

$30 base

$3 Promo #21451

$6 Promo #21220

$6 Powerup Card

$45 total

Received $49 in trade credit for God of war today with my "$40" guarantee code. Didn't finish it, but will pick it up again once it's cheaper or when there's a b2g1 deal.

Received $49 in trade credit for God of war today with my "$40" guarantee code. Didn't finish it, but will pick it up again once it's cheaper or when there's a b2g1 deal.
I'm considering doing the same...any reason why you traded it now versus waiting til it's closer to the 13th when the 30% expires?

I just got a bunch of the Pokémon mega construx sets for a pretty good discount. The middle evolution sets were $4.xx and big Gyrados was $20. I have a bunch of them now.

Looks like the original evolutions are still $11. My store didn't have those, but the other sets were cheaper than the site too.

They end up pretty rad when they're done.
I should have scooped up the Call of Duty Mega Bloks and Mega Construx sets before they clearanced those out. Little bad asses are the closest things to G.I.Joes you can find these days. Good score on the Pokemon sets though!

Call me crazy, but it looks like the prices of used top tier games has been raised. With Elite Donkey Kong is listed at 45.59 on the app...Nothing like paying for a deeper discount then raising the base price.

Also some games are on sale, that wasn't last night. MHW dropped down to $40 new, PO dropped as well. Also some POPs were showing up in a cart for $3.50 but now most is showing $8.98 online/incart 

Have the gift card issue been resolved yet? I tried using my online and it was a no go. Do I go in the store and called CS? 

Reading the Gamestop Reddit and even the employees aren't happy about it. They know that it's become damn near impossible to sell pre-owned over new with such a small difference. Add in that stupid warranty and you're paying the same price.
Whoever buys the warranty should have their heads examined.

Pretty close to getting the Platinum in god of war. Just need some of the collectable trophies and I'll be done. Great game. I don't have a $40 trade coupon so I'll trade towards psn credit I suppose.

I'm locked and loaded for the next bump thanks to Offerup/Facebook

Bought these PS4 games last week for $30 total...

Wf5Xzbo.png

this week I got these games for $40 total

FremLaF.jpg

Just got the stealth bump email.

Odyssey $35
Breath $35
Breath Wii U $30
WWII $30
Forza Horizon 7 $30
Rage vs. Doom $25
Nintendo Mercy: Mario Wrestling Federation $25
Pokémon Shiney Diamond/Clutchy Pearl $20
Samus Returns $20
Rayman $20
Claws: A Telltale Series $15
Garden Warfare 2 $15

I’ll post the full list when I get home from my girlfriend’s house, prices start either tomorrow or Friday and should be good thru closing Monday.

Whoever buys the warranty should have their heads examined.
One of the new workers tried to convince a guy he needed warranty. Guy said no. Employee tells him it’s totally worth it, because even though he takes care of his stuff, last week he’d bought a game and it worked, then just sitting in its case it broke 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just got the stealth bump email.

Odyssey $35
Breath $35
Breath Wii U $30
WWII $30
Forza Horizon 7 $30
Rage vs. Doom $25
Nintendo Mercy: Mario Wrestling Federation $25
Pokémon Shiney Diamond/Clutchy Pearl $20
Samus Returns $20
Rayman $20
Claws: A Telltale Series $15
Garden Warfare 2 $15

I’ll post the full list when I get home from my girlfriend’s house, prices start either tomorrow or Friday and should be good thru closing Monday.
It was almost believable until the last line.

Also some games are on sale, that wasn't last night. MHW dropped down to $40 new, PO dropped as well. Also some POPs were showing up in a cart for $3.50 but now most is showing $8.98 online/incart

Have the gift card issue been resolved yet? I tried using my online and it was a no go. Do I go in the store and called CS?
Monster hunter world is coming up 44.99 not 40 how are others seeing that?

Ordered and iPhone X on Sunday and it didn’t ship out till Tuesday. Should be here today but on the tracking it says the package was never picked up by ups. Just says label created. Has this happen to anyone else and the ups guy not scan them? Gamestop said they started and investigation but I don’t know about them.

Ordered and iPhone X on Sunday and it didn’t ship out till Tuesday. Should be here today but on the tracking it says the package was never picked up by ups. Just says label created. Has this happen to anyone else and the ups guy not scan them? Gamestop said they started and investigation but I don’t know about them.
That usually means the package wasn't left for UPS to pick up because of an inattentive Gamestop employee.

Reading the Gamestop Reddit and even the employees aren't happy about it. They know that it's become damn near impossible to sell pre-owned over new with such a small difference. Add in that stupid warranty and you're paying the same price.
I rarely buy used anyway and am an Elite Pro member so it isn't a huge deal to me, but definitely, a strange business decision considering they have already lost a ton of business to Amazon and Best Buy when it comes to new game sales.

Doesn't seem worth it for the extra couple bucks they might make.

Mario Wrestling, yes. Mayor Pauline vs Princess Peach. Let em duke it out.
Not going to lie, I have always wanted a Mario wrestling game developed by AKI. A Nintendo themed wrestling game would be even better though! Nintendo probably will never do something like that though as they probably think it would feel too much like Smash Bros.

Not going to lie, I have always wanted a Mario wrestling game developed by AKI. A Nintendo themed wrestling game would be even better though! Nintendo probably will never do something like that though as they probably think it would feel too much like Smash Bros.
I loved No Mercy and wcw/nwo revenge. However, yeah I don't see a Mario wrestling game ever happening, mainly because it would be physically impossible for a couple of characters, and I don't think it could get an "E" rating. The way I envision it at least. I want characterato do tombstones, low blows, suplexes, eye gouge, steel chair, throwing each other through tables, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back