Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
3585kds.png

He's part of the main event: Battle of the Starmen

Not going to lie, I have always wanted a Mario wrestling game developed by AKI. A Nintendo themed wrestling game would be even better though! Nintendo probably will never do something like that though as they probably think it would feel too much like Smash Bros.
Funny enough, that was actually what Mario Strikers originally was. Nintendo didn't like the test footage of Mario and friends doing realistic wrestling moves on each other, though.

Guys would there be any reason why a GameStop gift card I got from doing surveys from E-Rewards would be frozen?

It's a $25 gift card I used it twice and upon trying to use up the remaining $6 the GameStop employee said the account was frozen which is strange because it's just a gift card that has no attachment to my GameStop account at all.

Because my phone is cracked and they can't scan it I wrote the number and pin down and showed it to him, now keep in mind this was the same employee I showed it to when I bought my other two games weeks prior.

Is this a mess up or did this guy take my remaining credit?

Got $49 for God of War with the "Guaranteed $40" coupon. I'm guessing it combined with 30% with elite pro (base was $30, so 30% is $9)
Free rental with elite if someone can find it used. I might take a look around a few local stores for a copy this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up!

Got $49 for God of War with the "Guaranteed $40" coupon. I'm guessing it combined with 30% with elite pro (base was $30, so 30% is $9)
Seeing this kind of stuff tempts me to trade my copy in, but I haven't finished it and am still playing it so I would hate to get rid of it as I would just rebuy it anyway.

Crossing my fingers for some trade bumps this weekend so I can take advantage and get rid of a few things and pick up Donkey Kong on Switch without spending any money out of pocket.

Guys would there be any reason why a GameStop gift card I got from doing surveys from E-Rewards would be frozen?

It's a $25 gift card I used it twice and upon trying to use up the remaining $6 the GameStop employee said the account was frozen which is strange because it's just a gift card that has no attachment to my GameStop account at all.

Because my phone is cracked and they can't scan it I wrote the number and pin down and showed it to him, now keep in mind this was the same employee I showed it to when I bought my other two games weeks prior.

Is this a mess up or did this guy take my remaining credit?
Did it still show up as frozen when you wrote down the number? I'd suggest you either check the card balance and/or call customer support.

Did it still show up as frozen when you wrote down the number? I'd suggest you either check the card balance and/or call customer support.
I checked the balance a few days ago and it was there - $6.90 and after last night I checked by calling in the number and pin and on the site and it says "Please check the numbers/pin and try again"

I never had this happen before and I've been getting gift cards from e-rewards for almost two years.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-11/gamestop-ceo-abruptly-steps-down-after-three-months-on-the-job

Struggling to adapt to a changing marketplace? Put your 70 year old co-founder in charge!
Oh have they now? I still only see the same broken ass app and website they’ve had the past couple of years. fuck it’s even worse now since I can no longer see all of my preorders on the app.

Referenced Article said:
... GameStop has ramped up its e-commerce operations ...

My most recent experience showed that anything with a face value can be had with TC. Anything that you choose the $$$ you must use a GC.

Lol great article. Especially the 1 year stock price graph. Losing 50% value in 12 months? CEO bailed after 3 months? Any correlation between GS stock diving and their elimination of using trade credit for Amazon/Ebay/other GCs? Any correlation between the infamous Kotaku CoL articles and GSs repsonse to kill CoL which never happened (published Feb 2017) and the mess GS is in? Trade values in the toilet, regular stealth bumps eliminated, increases in used game prices (56.99 wtf?), elite tier created, consistent 60-70% bump promos... And the worst... The elimination of the B2G1 multiple coupon. All happened in the same time frame as the stock prices dropped like a rock, all as game sales are up overall and GameStop's competitors are all seeing rising stock prices.

Clearly GS is horribly mismanaged on a corporate level and their policy changes over the last 12-18 months have destroyed their stock prices. The board putting in an "old guard" as interem CEO shows they don't know what they are doing and have no clue what got them to this point nor how to fix it. Sounds like they are all waiting to pull the ripcord on their golden parachutes (like I'm sure the prior CEO did) and retire as GS goes the way of Toys R Us.

GameStop can totally still be turned around. It's not even hard to do. I'm pretty sure that they put all their eggs in the "Amazon is gonna buy us out" basket and when they bought Whole Foods instead, it caught GS upper management with no contingency plan, resulting in the poorly planned knee jerk policy changes and crashing stock value since.

Let's see what happens when stock hits below 10. I suspect their plan now is to just stop the bleeding with status quo policies but once it dips below 10, it'll be sink or swim time. Might be at that point we start seeing things improve for the customer.

Lol great article. Especially the 1 year stock price graph. Losing 50% value in 12 months? CEO bailed after 3 months? Any correlation between GS stock diving and their elimination of using trade credit for Amazon/Ebay/other GCs? Any correlation between the infamous Kotaku CoL articles and GSs repsonse to kill CoL which never happened (published Feb 2017) and the mess GS is in? Trade values in the toilet, regular stealth bumps eliminated, increases in used game prices (56.99 wtf?), elite tier created, consistent 60-70% bump promos... And the worst... The elimination of the B2G1 multiple coupon. All happened in the same time frame as the stock prices dropped like a rock, all as game sales are up overall and GameStop's competitors are all seeing rising stock prices.

Clearly GS is horribly mismanaged on a corporate level and their policy changes over the last 12-18 months have destroyed their stock prices. The board putting in an "old guard" as interem CEO shows they don't know what they are doing and have no clue what got them to this point nor how to fix it. Sounds like they are all waiting to pull the ripcord on their golden parachutes (like I'm sure the prior CEO did) and retire as GS goes the way of Toys R Us.

GameStop can totally still be turned around. It's not even hard to do. I'm pretty sure that they put all their eggs in the "Amazon is gonna buy us out" basket and when they bought Whole Foods instead, it caught GS upper management with no contingency plan, resulting in the poorly planned knee jerk policy changes and crashing stock value since.

Let's see what happens when stock hits below 10. I suspect their plan now is to just stop the bleeding with status quo policies but once it dips below 10, it'll be sink or swim time. Might be at that point we start seeing things improve for the customer.
Having worked at Gamestop in the past prior to the merger with EB and afterwards. I can tell you that merging with EB Games ultimately was the start of this downward spiral. After merging Gamestop started to adopt some of EBs policies which were not good policies to adopt, I honestly couldn't tell you exactly which ones were adopted at this point because it's been so long now. But I can tell you that prior to the merger Gamestop had better prices and was a more relaxed environment for both employees and customers. Of course pushing the Edge Card and pre-orders have always been a thing and Gamestop had it's share of dumb policies too, but overall it was better IMO.

After the merger and rebranding of the EB stores to Gamestops, it created an issue where in most areas that once would have an EB Games and a Gamestop nearby to then have two Gamestops nearby. Hell, by my house there are two Gamestop stores within a half a mile of each other currently!

Having two stores operating and selling the same products so close to each other hurts both stores in terms of pre-orders, memberships, etc. and thus causes corporate to make up bullshit reasons to why these stores can't manage to get 5 or 6 pre-orders on a Wednesday night in May. During the week these stores just aren't busy unless there is a big release that week and even then a lot of people are buying their new games on Amazon or at Best Buy due to the discounts that you can get with Prime and GCU which are both ultimately cheaper and offer more bang for your buck than the Elite Pro Card does.

Speaking of the Elite Pro Card this is another reason customers are turned off from shopping at Gamestop. Essentially if you don't have the Elite Pro Membership you aren't getting more than a few dollars off a used game versus a new one anymore and you are also being screwed when it comes to promotions like the current 30% extra trade which only applies to Elite Pro and then Pro Members (which is worthless now IMO) get 20% and non-members 10%.

Gamestop could turn itself around and I have said it when I worked for the company over a decade ago and I still believe it to be true today. Gamestop needs to embrace retro video games and they need to convert some of these stores into Retro Gamestops that sell used retro games and merchandise related to retro gaming. We know how popular retro gaming is these days and we also know that Gamestop has the games to open these stores up and get the ball rolling. They have instead tried and failed with things like MovieStop.

I thought someone had recently posted on the forum that Gamestop was planning to reduce their store space for games so they can put more toys/gadgets out. Seems like a bad move on their part. Just in the past month I've had several games in my cart but even when I buy over a certain $$ amount they never offer free shipping on new items so I ended up passing because just about everyone else will give you free shipping if you spend $50 total or whatever. I'm not paying to be an Uber Elite Pro Superstar member just to get free shipping. Add in the fact that half the time a new game comes used, they don't get much of my business. It's no surprise to me that they aren't doing well.

Is buying gift cards (restaurants, movies) with trade credit still an issue or no?
In the last 5 days, I have bought a $25 Starbucks gift card (hard value), as well as a $15 Starbucks gift card and a $40 Buffalo Wild Wings gift card (both flexible amounts that I had to tell the cashier how much I wanted.)

No issues with any of them being accepted through the POS

No SB. I'm mad.
Last bump was on the weekend of the 19th, and was one of those "Most Wanted" weekend, right? I'm assuming/hoping next weekend will very possibly have the same, hopefully tying in with an extra 10% bump for Pro Day.

The more Gamestop goes swirls down the toilet at Wall Street, the more they do insane things like raise used games tg $57, the more I worry I'm sitting on my stuff for no reason, and that the glory days are likely gone for good.

Last bump was on the weekend of the 19th, and was one of those "Most Wanted" weekend, right? I'm assuming/hoping next weekend will very possibly have the same, hopefully tying in with an extra 10% bump for Pro Day.

The more Gamestop goes swirls down the toilet at Wall Street, the more they do insane things like raise used games tg $57, the more I worry I'm sitting on my stuff for no reason, and that the glory days are likely gone for good.
They are definitely gone for good.

I'm not too concerned, as I don't boomerang. I think GS folding would make for a great time for those thrift/pawn/yard sale CAG folk to sell directly to people with little brick and mortar competition.

They are definitely gone for good.

I'm not too concerned, as I don't boomerang. I think GS folding would make for a great time for those thrift/pawn/yard sale CAG folk to sell directly to people with little brick and mortar competition.
Yeah, but every time I think that, the stars align like the bump a couple of months back coinciding with those Switch Anniversary 50% coupons and Flippageddon comes again. I tend not to boomerang - last gen games are cheap and plentiful around here.

Having worked at Gamestop in the past prior to the merger with EB and afterwards. I can tell you that merging with EB Games ultimately was the start of this downward spiral. After merging Gamestop started to adopt some of EBs policies which were not good policies to adopt, I honestly couldn't tell you exactly which ones were adopted at this point because it's been so long now. But I can tell you that prior to the merger Gamestop had better prices and was a more relaxed environment for both employees and customers. Of course pushing the Edge Card and pre-orders have always been a thing and Gamestop had it's share of dumb policies too, but overall it was better IMO.

After the merger and rebranding of the EB stores to Gamestops, it created an issue where in most areas that once would have an EB Games and a Gamestop nearby to then have two Gamestops nearby. Hell, by my house there are two Gamestop stores within a half a mile of each other currently!

Having two stores operating and selling the same products so close to each other hurts both stores in terms of pre-orders, memberships, etc. and thus causes corporate to make up bullshit reasons to why these stores can't manage to get 5 or 6 pre-orders on a Wednesday night in May. During the week these stores just aren't busy unless there is a big release that week and even then a lot of people are buying their new games on Amazon or at Best Buy due to the discounts that you can get with Prime and GCU which are both ultimately cheaper and offer more bang for your buck than the Elite Pro Card does.

Speaking of the Elite Pro Card this is another reason customers are turned off from shopping at Gamestop. Essentially if you don't have the Elite Pro Membership you aren't getting more than a few dollars off a used game versus a new one anymore and you are also being screwed when it comes to promotions like the current 30% extra trade which only applies to Elite Pro and then Pro Members (which is worthless now IMO) get 20% and non-members 10%.

Gamestop could turn itself around and I have said it when I worked for the company over a decade ago and I still believe it to be true today. Gamestop needs to embrace retro video games and they need to convert some of these stores into Retro Gamestops that sell used retro games and merchandise related to retro gaming. We know how popular retro gaming is these days and we also know that Gamestop has the games to open these stores up and get the ball rolling. They have instead tried and failed with things like MovieStop.
I asked an employee about the retro store idea and they said the warehouses can barely keep retro in stock, let alone have enough to supply full fledged stores.

Looking to transfer Gamestop credit to Amazon, does anyone know if you can use one of the third party gift cards (like Lowes, Kohl's, etc) to buy Amazon cards in store?

Let's see what happens when stock hits below 10. I suspect their plan now is to just stop the bleeding with status quo policies but once it dips below 10, it'll be sink or swim time.
Unlikely to happen. The dividend yield is too attractive at that point, and there will be support. This will keep it above $10. Unless they cut the dividend, or their free cash flow dips. This is not the same situation as Toys R Us, which was saddled with debt.

None of these issues about CoL or GS not allowing Amazon gift cards affect the stock price. You are living in a dream world if you think these things matter to share holders, especially the bit about the "worst" thing is the elimination of the B2G1 coupon. That affects you personally, and it seems you're trying to rationalize the stock price drop due to that. Investors don't care about that shit. The biggest concern is simply the change to digital.

Personally, I think the change to digital is going to top out and flat line. Some of these guys think it's going to 100%, but I smh at that. Maybe it'll be somewhere around close to ~50%. But who really knows. Discount programs like GCU and Amazon Prime are too sweet, and that will help customers stay physical. Going digital and getting burnt by games (Destiny) will also be detriments to digital, not to mention the complete lack of consumer rights to sell, lend, trade.

As much as some hate GS, we need Gamestop to remain alive. One less chain to trade in games at, means it could be the tipping point. Best Buy has been slacking in this area and we always need more options to save money.

I thought someone had recently posted on the forum that Gamestop was planning to reduce their store space for games so they can put more toys/gadgets out. Seems like a bad move on their part. Just in the past month I've had several games in my cart but even when I buy over a certain $$ amount they never offer free shipping on new items so I ended up passing because just about everyone else will give you free shipping if you spend $50 total or whatever. I'm not paying to be an Uber Elite Pro Superstar member just to get free shipping. Add in the fact that half the time a new game comes used, they don't get much of my business. It's no surprise to me that they aren't doing well.
What if....GS is trying to take over the toy store space that Toys R Us is leaving?

[attachment=30198:Keanu mind blown.jpg]

So there’s no way pro day is tomorrow if they haven’t announced it yet right? If it’s next Saturday it’ll essentially be the same as this weeks 10% thing, but potentially prices will be better.

I’ve been trying to hammer through god of war pun accidental but can’t find much time.

So there’s no way pro day is tomorrow if they haven’t announced it yet right? If it’s next Saturday it’ll essentially be the same as this weeks 10% thing, but potentially prices will be better.

I’ve been trying to hammer through god of war pun accidental but can’t find much time.
Pro day is tomorrow. Here's the updated trade in values.

Odyssey $35
Breath $35
Breath Wii U $30
WWII $30
Forza Horizon 7 $30
Rage vs. Doom $25
Nintendo Mercy: Mario Wrestling Federation $25
Pokémon Shiney Diamond/Clutchy Pearl $20
Samus Returns $20
Rayman $20
Claws: A Telltale Series $15
Garden Warfare 2 $15

So make sure to trade in your extra copies of Pokemon Clutchy Pearl while the value is still good.

I don't see nothing on the site saying PRO day is today. And the values still are tanked. I call you BS! :bs:

Pro day is tomorrow. Here's the updated trade in values.

Odyssey $35
Breath $35
Breath Wii U $30
WWII $30
Forza Horizon 7 $30
Rage vs. Doom $25
Nintendo Mercy: Mario Wrestling Federation $25
Pokémon Shiney Diamond/Clutchy Pearl $20
Samus Returns $20
Rayman $20
Claws: A Telltale Series $15
Garden Warfare 2 $15

So make sure to trade in your extra copies of Pokemon Clutchy Pearl while the value is still good.

doesn’’t pro day usually disappoint? i seem to recall deals not stacking for pro day...i think prestige day is the good event (wouldn’t know b/c no prestige store :/ )

doesn’’t pro day usually disappoint? i seem to recall deals not stacking for pro day...i think prestige day is the good event (wouldn’t know b/c no prestige store :/ )
Yes. Pro day is usually a bunch of stupid bs sales and one or two decent game prices.
Prestige day is always b2g1 on used games with no limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back