Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
ThinkGeek was a smart acquisition for Gamestop. They had to do something with the declining sales of physical media in general and competition from Amazon, Best Buy, and other retailers that frequently offer better prices than Gamestop can.

GameTrust I don't believe has been around long enough to truly gauge how good or bad it has done for Gamestop. Based on the games they have published so far they seem to be hit or miss in terms of how well they sell.

The biggest issue with Gamestop is how they constantly make boneheaded business decisions from the Circle of Life debacle to the recent uproar over some used game prices (particularly Switch games) going up to a $56.99 without a Pro or Elite Pro card. These are just poor business decisions. I've said multiple times in the past including when I worked for Gamestop that they should look into converting some of these stores into Retro Gamestops and carry only retro games and newer retro themed merchandise that they already sell in ThinkGeek and Gamestop stores.

A lot of areas do not have many local video game stores and the ones that do usually don't have more than a handful at best. There is definitely a market for retro games and with so many Gamestop stores being right next to each other it makes sense to me. I feel like they are leaving a ton of money on the table by not embracing the past.
All good points. Overall, I think the writing is on the wall for GameStop. I do think it can transition and survive but it will almost certainly mean fewer stores and consolidating resources.

There is just no way the company goes on in it's current state unless it intends to die a slow death like blockbuster.

I'd like it to survive. People love to bash on GS but for now its numbers and retail influence are the last stand for why game publishers and console makers bother with physical releases. Just look at Target and Best Buy - my stores have remodeled and have substantially reduced the floor space for blus and games. That trend looks inevitable.

All good points. Overall, I think the writing is on the wall for GameStop. I do think it can transition and survive but it will almost certainly mean fewer stores and consolidating resources.

There is just no way the company goes on in it's current state unless it intends to die a slow death like blockbuster.

I'd like it to survive. People love to bash on GS but for now its numbers and retail influence are the last stand for why game publishers and console makers bother with physical releases. Just look at Target and Best Buy - my stores have remodeled and have substantially reduced the floor space for blus and games. That trend looks inevitable.
I joked that GS was replacing toysrus as the go to place for toys and collectibles. Now I'm thinking that walmart and target and replacing GS and toysrus for both niches.

I joked that GS was replacing toysrus as the go to place for toys and collectibles. Now I'm thinking that walmart and target and replacing GS and toysrus for both niches.
Agreed. There's no way GS can compete with Walmart and Target on those items, much less the fact that the revenue from those sorts of sales, no matter how "mainstream," isn't nary lucrative enough to keep GS going with its current store numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop could also do much better with digital than they do. It's good that they offer it, but when they have sales and things the digital should go on sale too. And maybe something better to give as a gift to someone than a receipt with a code on it.
It would also do them a lot of good to actually beat the sale prices on digital games instead of just matching the price to whatever sale is happening on PSN/XBL.

Hello everyone hoping we get stealth bump soon but yea question I know it’s the wrong forum but I bought the system at GameStop the monster hunter ps4 pro for some reason it keeps leaving vertical dust lines on my discs can anyone please confirm if this has happened to them. I don’t wanna send this Console in and get a generic ps4 back. The dust lines come off very easily it’s just making me worry because the system is barely 6 months old

Anyone know how reliable GS PS3's are? I've never owned one but am tempted to buy one to finally get access to all of the PS+ accumulation I've been getting over the past couple of years or so.
I would go for a used PS3, not a refurbished one, with the warranty in case something goes wrong. And get a super slim. I bought a second 500 gb PS3 with my trade credit last year to download the remaining games that I had that wouldn't fit on my first PS3. I love it. Some people don't like the sliding door disc drive cover on the super slim, but the super slim is likely the most reliable model since it is the most recent version of the PS3 hardware. Don't bother with one of the original models since many of those are now prone to failure. Hope this helps.

For honor was actually something I wanted since I heard they’re overhauling it for E3. Will definitely swing in and pick that up tomorrow.

Persona 5 for $24.99 is lowest I can recall seeing it for. Might finally pick it up. And wanted to get Don't Starve, $20 might be good enough for the new Xbox version that just launched.

That backlog though....

So if you trade a system towards Xbox One X, you'll get both a $50 gift card and a free controller (from trade promo valid until 5/27)? That could be a pretty solid deal.

So if you trade a system towards Xbox One X, you'll get both a $50 gift card and a free controller (from trade promo valid until 5/27)? That could be a pretty solid deal.
And to be clear it says "any system", so technically you can bust out an old 3ds.

Definitely solid, but they did offer a free game (PUBG), $50 GC, and a free controller couple months back. I would wait to see if MS announces any bundle, price cut during E3.

What the...? Shadow of War for $9.99? That would be better than a Black Friday sale. Maybe they meant to put the first game, Shadow of Mordor. I'll have to see about that.

+1 for GS making horrible business decision.

The Pro Day trade-in bonus for Elite Pro is 30%.

BUT, if you trade toward a few new releases or XBL/PSN/iTunes digital currency it's 40% all month.

IMHO, Pro Day should have better deals than what they offer normally.

I'm still in for a $10 Shadow of War, that's ridiculous cheap.

Wish they did Origins at that price, too.

I'm waiting for the inevitable UBI price bottoming out before returning to finish the game.

Persona 5 on PS3 is $14.99, so $10 cheaper than the PS4 version. I believe the game has cross-save, so unless you really want the PS4 version, you could save a couple of bucks and I'm sure it still looks great.

Persona 5 on PS3 is $14.99, so $10 cheaper than the PS4 version. I believe the game has cross-save, so unless you really want the PS4 version, you could save a couple of bucks and I'm sure it still looks great.
That is what mainly caught my eye. Outside of Gamestop Persona 5 for PS3 has been a little tough to come by at a good price.

Great price, but I'd wager that most remaining new PS3 copies have been gutted at this point.

My guess is they meant 10 off. Or even 20 off shadow of war. And it happen to be on sale right now for 30. So on pro day, the current sale of 30 goes away and and the 20 off goes into effect. I predict shadow of war will be 30 or 40 on pro day.

Hopefully it’s a price mistake and we can get before fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back