Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
IDK why everyone thinks the Shadow Of War price is a mistake. They probably have a GOTY edition coming out and need to clear out the old stock.

Surprised there is not more talk of the bonus B2G1 coupon for signing up for Elite or Pro. Although knowing GameStop they'll have a B2G1 sale next weekend for Memorial Day. 

My guess is they meant 10 off. Or even 20 off shadow of war. And it happen to be on sale right now for 30. So on pro day, the current sale of 30 goes away and and the 20 off goes into effect. I predict shadow of war will be 30 or 40 on pro day.

Hopefully it’s a price mistake and we can get before fixed
It’s a feature in multiple areas with the same price. It’s not a mistake.

C0MYp.gif

...That's just the games listed out for each individual system. I guess technically "more", but it's still the same games listed in the pdf people linked.

It’s a feature in multiple areas with the same price. It’s not a mistake.
They have changed ads/promos last second (they probably did so about 4-5 times last month alone), so don't get your hopes up.

I wonder if the extra 10% still stacks with the Xbox gift card 40%. I might trade at that point because I don't have many games that actually get a bump.

Surprised there is not more talk of the bonus B2G1 coupon for signing up for Elite or Pro. Although knowing GameStop they'll have a B2G1 sale next weekend for Memorial Day.
I’d almost guarantee the the “bonus” is just the 1 standard coupon you receive for signing up

GameStop doesn't even sell new copies of Shadow of Mordor anymore. Considering it's on the front page of the flyer with 9.99 in huge font, highly unlikely this is an error.

I would guess there will be a B2G1 all weekend seeing as it’s a holiday. Wouldn’t put it past GameStop to advertise it as a bonus for signing up and then offer it to all pro members.

I wish game stop was like other normal stores where you could order online new and get a new sealed game and not have to go to store in person to make sure it’s new... man was at one the other day and asked for new and they said yep last one ... I’m like oh that means it’s open right ... he’s like yep... I’m like never mind and seems he got annoyed lol... why don’t they sell their “last one “ as a used copy .. we’re not stupid

I'm not seeing any BB flips. Maybe just Shadow of War... which doesn't seem worth the trouble honestly.  Anything else?

I wish game stop was like other normal stores where you could order online new and get a new sealed game and not have to go to store in person to make sure it’s new... man was at one the other day and asked for new and they said yep last one ... I’m like oh that means it’s open right ... he’s like yep... I’m like never mind and seems he got annoyed lol... why don’t they sell their “last one “ as a used copy .. we’re not stupid
I agree they should sell these "New" copies as used but on the other side of the coin, they sell gutted New copies as used. For example, I got Doom for the X1 as used but it was a pristine new copy with all inserts, DLC code and perfect case. Did I throw a fit and said, "Hey man, this is a new copy that hasn't been played. I demand an used copy".

Nope.

I agree they should sell these "New" copies as used but on the other side of the coin, they sell gutted New copies as used. For example, I got Doom for the X1 as used but it was a pristine new copy with all inserts, DLC code and perfect case. Did I throw a fit and said, "Hey man, this is a new copy that hasn't been played. I demand an used copy".

Nope.
There have been a few times I got them to cave and give me 10% off a gutted copy. But those are few and far between. I'd rather just buy it as used.

Thanks for the info. $30 for everything is a great deal and I can use my Bing money for the pass.
It's a tempting offer, but I've been waiting for a sale on the digital version so I could do play anywhere. I may end up doing this, and then grabbing the digital version vanilla later...

Ugh. Unsure.

Also picked up sod2 and preordered black ops 4 they were giving away those string bags with the logo I said why not I’ll probably sell it

It's a tempting offer, but I've been waiting for a sale on the digital version so I could do play anywhere. I may end up doing this, and then grabbing the digital version vanilla later...

Ugh. Unsure.
Yeah. The gold edition is on sale on XBL but it's 45. Higher in price but you are getting the play anywhere feature.

GameStop doesn't even sell new copies of Shadow of Mordor anymore. Considering it's on the front page of the flyer with 9.99 in huge font, highly unlikely this is an error.
Don't forget that you could possibly take the print copy of an ad from a GameStop store to a Target store to price match and get a nice factory sealed copy that hasn't been stepped on.

think I'll grab that Zelda joycon/pro controller charger. Anyone have one and can comment on it?
Your Joycons already charge when u charge ur switch. But if u have extra pairs and put a lot of use it’s good but they stay charged for 50+ hours

Pretty sneaky how they removed that coupon for a switch charger from accounts because it is going to be on sale. Pretty sure the expiration date didn’t pass.

Only if you haven't opened it.
Not true. The associate did this for me twice when I bought a PS4 Slime and an Xbox One X, he did a return and rebuy and gave me the extra bonus without me having to bring the console back. YMMV I supposed but it’s worth a shot.

So these pro prices are only for new copies right?
Normally yes. They usually work out something with the publisher on new copy sales. Doesn't apply to used games. That said, I have seen once or twice the used game also get discounted but it's not how these sales typically work.

Pretty sneaky how they removed that coupon for a switch charger from accounts because it is going to be on sale. Pretty sure the expiration date didn’t pass.
Good catch. Had no intention of buying it but what a shady move yet again. At least GS never disappoint in that department.

The one that was sent via email (don't know if that's the same one in "current offers") expired 5/17, just in time for the sale. I know as I just looked and deleted it.

To the previous poster, it won't be mainly for joycons, but for my pro controller.

Where is this B2G1 you guys are referring to... is it a scannable coupon... something supposed to be under my active offers?

Don’t Starve and Overwatch are def happening for me. I just recently got a PS4 again and I wanna fill my backlog up

Where is this B2G1 you guys are referring to... is it a scannable coupon... something supposed to be under my active offers?

Don’t Starve and Overwatch are def happening for me. I just recently got a PS4 again and I wanna fill my backlog up
According to the print/PDF add you get a bonus b2g1 if you open a PUR account on pro day. But it's only good for one weekend.

Good prices for the lazy:

Persona 5 - $24.99 (lowest GS price - previous lowest being $29.99)

Shadow of Colossus - $19.99 (lowest GS Price)

Witcher 3 Complete - $19.99 (lowest GS price - previous lowest being $24.99)

Shadow of War - $9.99 (the best deal - Pro Day doorbuster)

DMC HD - $19.99 (lowest GS price)

Has Been Heroes - $9.99 (great future trade item if values ever go up.  I have bought 4 copies of this game on 4 different Pro/Prestige days with trade credit for $9.99 and have always been able to trade it for more than I paid for it - I have yet to play it).  

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back