Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Are reward certificates supposed to work on items that are on sale on Pro Day? The cashier had to a manual override to get it to work. I also had trouble explaining to the cashier that she put the wrong game on hold. I told her repeatedly that it wasn't the complete edition of Witcher 3 but she kept trying to get the vanilla version. It's always the female cashiers that give trouble. They were cool enough to let me do 3 different transactions because I was going to use 3 different coupons on Witcher 3 complete, dying light enhanced, and the handsome collection.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Are reward certificates supposed to work on items that are on sale on Pro Day? The cashier had to a manual override to get it to work. I also had trouble explaining to the cashier that she put the wrong game on hold. I told her repeatedly that it wasn't the complete edition of Witcher 3 but she kept trying to get the vanilla version. It's always the female cashiers that give trouble. They were cool enough to let me do 3 different transactions because I was going to use 3 different coupons on Witcher 3 complete, dying light enhanced, and the handsome collection.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
PUR coupons do not work on pro day items.

Is this a fake (look how pixeled the artwork is):

NZ74PHc.jpg

Anybody who bought the game please comment.
Mine is like that too and I bought it today. It definitely looks amateur.

Hey maybe stealth bumps are back to last Friday of the month again. God of war not stacking with the 10% just gives me four more evenings to finish it. Hope they still have Has Been at the mall tonight

It's too late for people on the East Coast, but a post in the Gamestop subreddit says that the B2G1 coupon for next weekend is for anyone who buys any featured item in the ad, not just from renewing or signing up for PUR. If that's true, Pro Day is pretty good this time around. No idea if website orders are eligible for the coupon.
I was just about to post the same thing. The clerk at my GS told me that I would receive a B2G1 coupon for buying anything today. He said that the coupon would show up in my inbox on Tuesday but that it was only good for 1 week.

I was trying to burn off some of my credit on the buy a $60 Netflix GC, get a $10 Gamestop GC free. It won't work. No matter how they ring it up. The guy called three other stores and no one has a clue on how to get it to work. They said I should get it in an email so I bought it, but nope. Nothing.
Last time I did this I had to buy a $60 Netflix gift card with a $10 Gamestop gift card and the POS discounted the Netflix gift card down to $50.

I was just about to post the same thing. The clerk at my GS told me that I would receive a B2G1 coupon for buying anything today. He said that the coupon would show up in my inbox on Tuesday but that it was only good for 1 week.
Was just told the same thing. If it works great if not I wouldn't be super disappointed.

Sorry guys, stupid question, but can I use a PUR Gamestop.com coupon combined with Trade Credit to pay for something or will it cause some wonkiness?  Thought I remembered someone saying some coupons can be negated somehow.

Didn't see anyone mention this as part of Pro Day (or if it was related at all), but the cashier zapped some sort of code that put a $5 bonus on my receipt.  Looks like a unique code.

Got Shadow of War at my store opening. Not another soul there. Felt slightly like a loser lol
It was not nearly the big deal I thought it would be. The store clerk rung it up & was shocked to see the game prices down.

I still let For Honor Hang even at $10. The clerk told he too thought it was wack.

Sorry guys, stupid question, but can I use a PUR Gamestop.com coupon combined with Trade Credit to pay for something or will it cause some wonkiness? Thought I remembered someone saying some coupons can be negated somehow.
Discount on used items is somewhat negated if you're pro/elite. For instance if you buy a $37.99 used game and use a $25 coupon, pur discount is applied after coupon (so $11.69/$10.39 instead of $9.19/$5.39, for pro/elite). Doesn't matter for new items.

Also coupons are totally negated if you have a b2g1 and all the games are the same price.

Discount on used items is somewhat negated if you're pro/elite. For instance if you buy a $37.99 used game and use a $25 coupon, pur discount is applied after coupon (so $11.69/$10.39 instead of $9.19/$5.39, for pro/elite). Doesn't matter for new items.

Also coupons are totally negated if you have a b2g1 and all the games are the same price.
they got me the other day with that bs math, fool me once, I will never buy a used game with a rewards point coupon again, I'll save my points for when I want something new, and it goes on sale and actually get the amount of the coupon off the real price

I was trying to burn off some of my credit on the buy a $60 Netflix GC, get a $10 Gamestop GC free. It won't work. No matter how they ring it up. The guy called three other stores and no one has a clue on how to get it to work. They said I should get it in an email so I bought it, but nope. Nothing.
Last time I did this I had to buy a $60 Netflix gift card with a $10 Gamestop gift card and the POS discounted the Netflix gift card down to $50.
Same. The employee had to manually mark the Netflix GC down for me.

nabbed online for PS4:

Gravity Rush 2

W3: Complete Ed

Shadow of War

Persona 5

If they are gutted copies I'll just return them to a local store or possibly swap for sealed ones!

only got shadow of war. if i dont like it i can get my credit back at best buy

that coupon would be fantastic though...

I know I found some copies of persona 5 steelbook edition at multiple GameStops but today they were all gone. If someone bought em in advance and planned on returning and rebuying it on pro day, but didn’t do so, I’d be pissed.

bought god of war for 39.74 after taxes using a $5 reward certificate. the coupon only took off $2.50 which ended up covering the sales tax.

So... FYI... you can buy the PS4 Don’t Starve Mega Pack and immediately return the game for your money back and the entire catalog in your download queue. They give you a code on your receipt that gives you the titles included because of the faulty discs.

According to an email that GameStop PowerUp Rewards sent me, there's going to be a Buy 1 Get 1 50% off Pre-owned Handheld Games from 5/21-5/27. Valid on pre-owned DS, 3DS, and Vita games only. There's also a $20 off pre-owned 3DS, DS, and Vita handhelds going on now.

So... FYI... you can buy the PS4 Don’t Starve Mega Pack and immediately return the game for your money back and the entire catalog in your download queue. They give you a code on your receipt that gives you the titles included because of the faulty discs.
Wish I would have known that. I wouldn't have returned the game but I just didn't want to chance not getting everything that was supposed to be included. Oh well. I'll probably just get it for switch down the line.

I went to Gamestop today. Just thought you guys would like to know to put into your journal.
Dear diary,

Today, Chuck Stank went to GameStop. I was all #happyface but then I remembered I didn't care so I was all #mehface

Yolo,
Ratmonkey

Anyone think the God of War coupon will last till the 22 like it says on the fine print or the 21st like it says on the active offer page because I have a few trophies I’m trying to mop up and that extra day could help?

Anyone think the God of War coupon will last till the 22 like it says on the fine print or the 21st like it says on the active offer page because I have a few trophies I’m trying to mop up and that extra day could help?
2 options to CYA

1) GameStop Android app has a button on offers to save to Google pay. Now it's saved to your phone and GameStop OT shouldn't be able to FUBAR it. Not sure if there's a button on the Apple version of the app to save offers to Apple Pay.

2) Pull up the website on a PC/Mac/Linux machine and print out the coupon. Then it has the offer dates on there.

Not to mention they delivered these to us late and we should get 30 days on the offer.
d7cb5bf55d70e299d03193436bcee186.jpg

Damn. That $50 gc with the Xbox one X is pretty awesome. It definitely stacks with the $20 off 2 games online (even though their selection sucks and isn't all enhanced games) And unlike pro day, you can actually use your certificate off x amount. I'm just not too sure if I wanna get to now, or wait till E3 and hope for something better....🤔

Also a good deal in the 2ds xl....but again....can't decide if I wanna wait until E3

Damn. That $50 gc with the Xbox one X is pretty awesome. It definitely stacks with the $20 off 2 games online (even though their selection sucks and isn't all enhanced games) And unlike pro day, you can actually use your certificate off x amount. I'm just not too sure if I wanna get to now, or wait till E3 and hope for something better....

Also a good deal in the 2ds xl....but again....can't decide if I wanna wait until E3
It also stacks with the trade in any console and get a free controller promo. So you could trade in an old gameboy or ds. Why not just buy now and leave them unopened until after E3 and then return if necessary?

Regarding the B1G1 50% off on handheld games, with Elite status, your Elite discount will be applied FIRST, then the 50% off discount will be applied to the remaining cost of the second game. For example, select two $4.99 games, they become $3.99 each with Elite. The 50% off will THEN be deducted from the new price of the second game (50% off of $3.99 will be $2). Be careful ordering online too, the system still doesn't separate games based on price, meaning that the 50% off will apply only to the cheapest games. For example, if you select two $9.99 games and two $4.99 games, both $4.99 games will get 50% off deductions, rather than one $9.99 and one $4.99 game.

The deal isn't good enough for me to bite.

Regarding the B1G1 50% off on handheld games, with Elite status, your Elite discount will be applied FIRST, then the 50% off discount will be applied to the remaining cost of the second game. For example, select two $4.99 games, they become $3.99 each with Elite. The 50% off will THEN be deducted from the new price of the second game (50% off of $3.99 will be $2). Be careful ordering online too, the system still doesn't separate games based on price, meaning that the 50% off will apply only to the cheapest games. For example, if you select two $9.99 games and two $4.99 games, both $4.99 games will get 50% off deductions, rather than one $9.99 and one $4.99 game.

The deal isn't good enough for me to bite.
Actually, you'll only see one 50% off deduction on one $4.99 game in that situation because the genius GS.com programmers didn't allow the promo to work online for more than one pair of eligible games.

Seen people have been getting $45+ for God of War, is there a bonus tiv without the $40 coupon? Other than the 40% bonus for Fortnite currency. 

Actually, you'll only see one 50% off deduction on one $4.99 game in that situation because the genius GS.com programmers didn't allow the promo to work online for more than one pair of eligible games.
I ordered 4 games and got the discount on 2 of them, so whatever the issue was, they seem to have fixed it. It still sucks that you have to be strategic about the price grouping, rather than the system doing it automatically, though.

PSA regarding surveys:

On your receipt there is a survey that you are supposed to do within a few days(?)

Usually a store would be prestige based on percentage of surveys filled out.

So if you want more prestige stores, do more surveys.

Plus if a employee was helpful (or just not horrible) help them out and fill out the survey. It sucks but their performance numbers are based on these

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back