Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't even realize GS did surveys. Let me see if i still have that receipt when I go home. She is in for it.
Yep! Every transaction (receipt) has a survey code attached so you can rate that employee and your experience and as someone else stated it DOES make a difference and IS taken seriously. My fiancé is the manager of a retail clothing store and some people write in reviews online and don’t realize how much a tiny complaint can hurt an entire store. Most times the customer will even tell the DM when contacted that they were just grumpy that day and honestly didn’t care but it affects the manager’s bonuses, chance to advance within the company, and even down to the assistant managers & associates. Personally, I don’t do surveys unless an employee was exceptionally good in order to help them/the store out and help with the prestige level thing and I don’t condone how some some people in the world harass and attack retail employees over the smallest things....but in your case if the associate was really that bad I say take her down lol because that’s not acceptable or professional behavior on her part and it wouldn’t fly in most jobs and shouldn’t be tolerated there either.

Wait where's this "40% bonus for Fortnite currency.", couldn't find it in the weekly ad?
"GET UP TO 40% CREDIT WHEN YOU TRADE TOWARD XBOX, PLAYSTATION, AND ITUNES CURRENCY CARDS TO USE WHEN YOU PLAY FORTNITE"

MLB The Show dropped $6 since Pro Day, guess I should of traded it in sooner.

2 options to CYA

1) GameStop Android app has a button on offers to save to Google pay. Now it's saved to your phone and GameStop OT shouldn't be able to FUBAR it. Not sure if there's a button on the Apple version of the app to save offers to Apple Pay.

2) Pull up the website on a PC/Mac/Linux machine and print out the coupon. Then it has the offer dates on there.

Not to mention they delivered these to us late and we should get 30 days on the offer.
d7cb5bf55d70e299d03193436bcee186.jpg
Update: I saved the GoW coupon to Google Pay. The offer details show a valid date of 4/21 - 5/22. However, the expiration is set to 5/21 8:00 PM. Not sure if Google Pay will auto delete at 8:00 PM EDT.
ec0b3f690238ac7c8b046af4cd12d161.jpg

b1g1 half off on ds, 3ds, and vita games guys. several flippers
I'm usually pretty good at finding deals, but all I'm seeing is a couple "break eveners", no flippers. Care to share?

2x Detective Pikachu's (which aren't available online) nets you a couple bucks profit, Pokemon US/M breaks even, and all Vita games are worthless. Unless we're hoping for a bump this weekend...

I ordered 4 games and got the discount on 2 of them, so whatever the issue was, they seem to have fixed it. It still sucks that you have to be strategic about the price grouping, rather than the system doing it automatically, though.
Yes. I try to keep info evidential based, rather than supposition or hearsay. What I had written was based on my own findings using Gamestop's checkout. If there was an issue, it's been corrected at the time of my posting.

And, yes, it absolutely sucks that Gamestop's online shop doesn't group games properly, for the B1G1 50% off as well as their B2G1 free deal.

Just got an email that said “thanks to a Sega purchase I’m eligible for exclusive access to the Yakuza Kamurocho District 360 Site”. Anyone else get this had no clue about this.

Did anyone get thier bonus b2g1 (Memorial Weekend) coupon... I renewed my account this week and only got my renewal coupon

Just got an email that said “thanks to a Sega purchase I’m eligible for exclusive access to the Yakuza Kamurocho District 360 Site”. Anyone else get this had no clue about this.
I had it print out on 5+ different receipts from in store purchases prior to release and it came in a email associated with my online purchase of Yakuza 6.

That's what the employee said wen they rang up my elite renewal (I would see it Tuesday), but then the ad states:

"Get a bonus buy 2 get 1 free pre-owned games coupon when you sign up for an elite pro or pro membership today! Coupon valid 5/25 - 5/27 and visible in Active Offers on 5/25. Must set up account to receive coupon. See associate for details."

Should I be concerned if my pre-order for dark souls remastered switch has disappeared from the preorders section of the app?
This is common in my experience but the pre-orders are usually fine. I had a pre-order disappear once when the SKU was deleted and they transferred the game to another SKU. The switch version was delayed so maybe something is going on in the system.

This is common in my experience but the pre-orders are usually fine. I had a pre-order disappear once when the SKU was deleted and they transferred the game to another SKU. The switch version was delayed so maybe something is going on in the system.
Ok. It's fully paid off, can't locate paper receipt, I guess I'll see what happens later this summer.

Ok. It's fully paid off, can't locate paper receipt, I guess I'll see what happens later this summer.
My Dark Souls for Switch is also fully paid off. It disappeared from my list as well. I confirmed two times since then that they still have my preorder at the store. Also, did you check the website? Last time I checked it has it on there but not the app.

I'm usually pretty good at finding deals, but all I'm seeing is a couple "break eveners", no flippers. Care to share?

2x Detective Pikachu's (which aren't available online) nets you a couple bucks profit, Pokemon US/M breaks even, and all Vita games are worthless. Unless we're hoping for a bump this weekend...
Only a few 3DS titles (Detective Pikachu, Solatorobo, and Dokapon Journey) net minimal profits sans tax (varies by area) of $4 or $5 each. Everything else will only give $1 or less for the effort. A bump would be nice.

So did GameStop change their return policy regarding the B2G1 coupon?

I wasn’t allowed to exchange any games today. All I could do is return and eat the loss as if I never used the coupon.

I’ve always used my B2G1 as a means of trying out games until I find a few I actually want to keep because I’m indecisive with everything. It kinda bummed me out today, but honestly I kinda commend them for fixing a loophole they had, i worked Loss Prevention for over a decade and I never understood why they left it wide open for exploitation like they did.

But should I call and complain... I know the manager very well and if one of his employees was in the wrong he would def fix it... I just don’t wanna complain without reason, I basically lost out on B2G1 and the return policy listed on my receipt doesn’t state anything regarding coupons.

I wasn’t allowed to exchange any games today. All I could do is return and eat the loss as if I never used the coupon.
I’ve always used my B2G1 as a means of trying out games until I find a few I actually want to keep because I’m indecisive with everything. It kinda bummed me out today, but honestly I kinda commend them for fixing a loophole they had, i worked Loss Prevention for over a decade and I never understood why they left it wide open for exploitation like they did.
But should I call and complain... I know the manager very well and if one of his employees was in the wrong he would def fix it... I just don’t wanna complain without reason, I basically lost out on B2G1 and the return policy listed on my receipt doesn’t state anything regarding coupons.
Lol

Should I be concerned if my pre-order for dark souls remastered switch has disappeared from the preorders section of the app?
Everyones dark souls switch pre-order disappeared from their list because, while they wait for the official date, they set the release date to year 01 so the app and website things that it already came out 2017 years ago. Your pre order is still there and they can still see it on the POS in store.

The policy is that if you buy 3 games with a b2g1 coupon and you want to return one, you have to return all three.

When I worked at GameStop returns and exchanges were two different operations on their computer. Also I’ve been doing this for years with no issue.
People at GS have no idea what they're doing half the time. They are perpetually training new employees at locations near me that only stick around for a few weeks. I once wanted to return all 3 games from a B2G1 purchase of 3 $30 games, and the employee rang up 2 of them for the return and it zeroed out the balance, as the 3rd game was 0.00. They told me I can just keep the 3rd game, otherwise they'd have to refund me 90 instead of the 60 I'd paid. Brilliant

After a few phone calls I was able to get the digital red dead and undead nightmare for 9.99 for Xbox

The short story is nobody could find the sku for the goty edition posted on the ad, so they marked down the base game and undead nightmare for me.
It's close enough to the actual goty.

I will turn my 360 on and see if I can transfer all my old content and saves over , if that is an option.

So I was checking out my gift card balance on GameStop's website, and I got a card that said "invalid number" even though I typed it in correctly. Usually if a card has no credit on it, it'll say "$0 is left" or something along those lines. Has anyone ever had this happened to their gift cards, and if so what does it mean? Cause I'm about 95% sure I had about $100 left on that card.

So I was checking out my gift card balance on GameStop's website, and I got a card that said "invalid number" even though I typed it in correctly. Usually if a card has no credit on it, it'll say "$0 is left" or something along those lines. Has anyone ever had this happened to their gift cards, and if so what does it mean? Cause I'm about 95% sure I had about $100 left on that card.
Yeah this is an ongoing issue that started about a month ago. (People have posted here about it as well). Same thing happened to me, gift cards are Invalid, but my trade credit on Powerup rewards card works. Not sure when it'll get fixed.

Yeah this is an ongoing issue that started about a month ago. (People have posted here about it as well). Same thing happened to me, gift cards are Invalid, but my trade credit on Powerup rewards card works. Not sure when it'll get fixed.
Ahh ok, that's good to know. Thought I was screwed out of the money I had on the card. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back