Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
From email: $20 when trading select Switch games now also. No details yet on which games apply but may be same list as OW

[attachment=30249:Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 8.42.31 AM.png]

Any gamestop employees able to answer if the overwatch flash sale includes the digital Xbox 1 code as well?
I know the physical copy and pc code is 19.99, but I'm want to trade my physical copy in for a digital code if it's part of the sale.
So far, nobody is 100% certain about it when I called a local store.

Any gamestop employees able to answer if the overwatch flash sale includes the digital Xbox 1 code as well?
I know the physical copy and pc code is 19.99, but I'm want to trade my physical copy in for a digital code if it's part of the sale.
So far, nobody is 100% certain about it when I called a local store.
There's no digital download for sale on GameStop's site for console versions of the game, just PC (which isn't on sale). From the looks of the site, GameStop doesn't sell digital codes for Overwatch on X1/PS4.

There's no digital download for sale on GameStop's site for console versions of the game, just PC (which isn't on sale). From the looks of the site, GameStop doesn't sell digital codes for Overwatch on X1/PS4.
yeah because digital versions are the anniversary edition on console, physical are GOTY (which is actually just origins edition with a lootbox code)

so dont expect this discount to effect digital copies

I got a B2G1 from Pro day I wont be using this weekend if someone wants it send a PM 

*Update*

Claimed

Stopped by Gamestop during lunch, B2G1 coupon actually worked today.

However, some bad news, I asked him to scan 6 games, but only 1 came up as free. 

I held off on using until this weekend in case there are any price drops.

Am I crazy or didn't you use to be able to use your power up rewards point coupons on digital currency? I swear that's all I ever used them for but today I got shot down trying to use my $25 coupon for PSN currency. If I buy something else with it for the same price can I return it for the PSN credit?

I bought digital currency with points just a few weeks ago (Xbox) on the website. Comes instantly. But they do charge a little more, $10 for 11.5k points.

Am I crazy or didn't you use to be able to use your power up rewards point coupons on digital currency? I swear that's all I ever used them for but today I got shot down trying to use my $25 coupon for PSN currency. If I buy something else with it for the same price can I return it for the PSN credit?
Coupons can't be used on gift cards. You could have used the points to get currency though.

Coupons can't be used on gift cards. You could have used the points to get currency though.
But how? I've always just used the coupon. Under the "digital currency" tab in the app there is nothing for XBL or PSN credit whatsoever.

Edit: I guess faithful answered this one post up that I missed.

YMMW on the return but more than likely no. You will more than likely end up having to call customer service to try and get your points back. I had to do this twice in the last few months because I returned an item I purchased with rewards points coupons. I was able to get back 10,000 points on one transaction and lost 5,000 on another because they refused to give back the points.

If anyone has a B2G1 coupon they will not be using I would like one.  I had no plans to buy anything last weekend but I do now hope to get a PS4 if the PS3 for $80 is starting Monday and could use it for a leg up on some games.

The email I received today says otherwise. Nobody at Gamestop must talk to each other about these promos.

attachicon.gif
Capture424.PNG
Mine says "Offer valid 5/25/18 - 5/28/18."

Got my B2G1 notification yesterday and printed it this afternoon just in case it disappears.  I bought in-store and not a membership (I'm already elite).

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but can or can't you use store credit that's on your PUR card to buy the digital delivery Xbox/PSN/Ninty monies via Gamestop.com?

Come on Stealth Bump!
It's definitely coming - they ran a premature FB ad for it this afternoon, and I'm slightly paraphrasing, but these statements were all in it: "We know you've been saving your games. Some games worth $36. Values good through 5/28"

That said, should we stop referring to them as "Stealth" when they're now advertised to the public every month? [emoji16]

It's definitely coming - they ran a premature FB ad for it this afternoon, and I'm slightly paraphrasing, but these statements were all in it: "We know you've been saving your games. Some games worth $36. Values good through 5/28"

That said, should we stop referring to them as "Stealth" when they're now advertised to the public every month? [emoji16]
i prefer a stealth bump mentality. If they start trying to treat it as an event, it'll lead to fewer actual trade deals and more "get up to 45$ for select games!" trade "deals".

So is it confirmed now that all B2G1 Coupons are limited to 1 free game now?
Pro day b2g1 has 1 confirmation for single set only. Sign up / renewal b2g1 has been reported to work on multiple sets recently. The last time I used a renewal cert was about 8 weeks ago and it worked on multiple sets.

lol the lurkers coming out to beg for B2G1 coupons haha
I'm pretty sure somebody said ON pro day that if you bought a game or whatever, you would get a coupon for this coming week... and yet here we are. Same thing happened 2-3 months ago with the 50% extra tic coupon on switch games, or you bought something featured in the ad.

Nobody will know until Friday since the coupon isn't valid until the 25th.
Not that it matters now, but the coupon was valid earlier today (the 24th).

I decided not to go for boomerangs since it's a single use, and just picked up some games I've been wanting for awhile.

There was a report on here recently that the renewal one didn't work on multiples anymore. Just one report though. I try to warn people not to abuse the hell out of thoses so that we can keep it this way as long as possible. It does seem like Gamestop is making lots of changes lately though.
Thanks. Remember that now that you mention it.

Well I think values have bumped as much as they’re going to bump. Guess I’ll purge this stack of games I’ve held onto for a few months now.

Well this "bump" actually brought down the value of a ton of 3ds games so there are no longer any flippers. Hope you guys picked up some earlier in the week like I suggested.

Is there any threshold amount you need to buy in PSN/XBL credit to trigger the 40% trade in bump?
Technically no. But it has to be a physical card. So PSN $10 is the lowest. XBL $50 for $45 gift pack is the best buy. The caveat with the XBL gift pack is that cards have to be in by 6/30/18 at the latest and spent by 9/30/18 (or 3 months after deposit which ever comes sooner). Caveat may only apply to the bonus $5 gc, can't remember for sure.

Was kinda pissed to get a gutted Witcher 3 complete from proday, but looks I can trade it in at a profit.
Mine was sealed, but i guess it's going back anyway. Profit is proffit. I'm kind of bummed the Switch values did go up to use my B2G1 on, but a few 3DS games for ~$24 profit will have to do.

Also, Life is Strage: Before the Storm is a $14.39 -> $21 'rang. Hitman (PS4 only) is $10 RB -> $28 GS, and RotT is $10 RB -> $21 GS.

So there is no problem sharing a b2g1 code? It's not tied to a specific rewards account and won't be flagged if someone in Florida uses it even though I'm in California?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back