Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Do $5 certificates work on PSN card?

Planning on trading in my DS4 for $24 + $7.20(30% extra for pro) = $31.20

Then buy 2 $20 cards and use my $5 certificate. So $36.20 in credit to use, pay $3.80 myself.

Do $5 certificates work on PSN card?

Planning on trading in my DS4 for $24 + $7.20(30% extra for pro) = $31.20

Then buy 2 $20 cards and use my $5 certificate. So $36.20 in credit to use, pay $3.80 myself.
Answer is in the fine print of cert.
9162b628aebacb98b4f78d2ba62b16fd.jpg

Anyone got a time machine or perhaps a Flux capacitor?

I believe this was the code he originally wanted to sell with a 5-27 date or maybe it's a different one *shrugs

Time to place bets if he shows up to sell us more stuff that's freely obtainable lol.
how was it free when i had to buy something on Pro day to obtain the coupon?

The ad doesn't specifically say it's in-store only (there's just the generic fineprint) but it's not working for me either.

The ad also says that Dark Souls Remastered is $60 when it's really $40.

Get it together, GS.

The ad doesn't specifically say it's in-store only (there's just the generic fineprint) but it's not working for me either.

The ad also says that Dark Souls Remastered is $60 when it's really $40.

Get it together, GS.
The app shows it.

[attachment=30279:BFA02EEF-C66C-475F-9339-B10968B94A9C.jpeg]

For the 4 for $20, you can always buy Black Ops 1 and 2 for ps3 along with 2 games you want (or even buy 2 of BO1 and 2 of BO2).

Then trade the BO1 and BO2 discs together and tell the associate that it was the combo pack but you lost the case.

Combo pack trades in for $13.20 with Elite Plus.

Done that in the past and it worked for me.

Trade promos seemed like they would be discussed this particularly week. So I'm posting them here.

PSA:

the bonus 20% when buying fortnite credit, is scheduled to end on the 1st

Current Trade in Promos:

Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward  XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 6/1)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite

30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.

Valid until 6/17

*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher

ELIGIBLE GAMES....

https://www.gamestop...Ntt=guartmay18 

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4

Valid until 6/17

25% extra credit on any hardware traded

Valid until 6/17

Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game

Valid until 6/17

Min trade value of $2

Has anyone tried getting multiple $5 boosts on games traded towards a pre-order? (on multiple transactions, of course)

Credit movers from GameStop to Best Buy with minor loss (less than $3 loss). Elite and GCU taken into consideration (pre-tax as well).

GS>BB

Gravity Rush 2  (PS4-New): $20 > $19.84

Lego City (S-New): $20 > $18.22

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS4-PO): $24 > $21.25

Just Dance 2018 (S-PO): $24 > $21.10

MGS V Def Edition (PS4-PO): $24 > $21.10

BB>BB (Just for fun - Remember tax)

Nioh (PS4-New): $16 > $20.69

Gravity Rush (PS4-New): $16 > $19.84

Credit movers from GameStop to Best Buy with minor loss (less than $3 loss). Elite and GCU taken into consideration (pre-tax as well).

GS>BB
Gravity Rush 2 (PS4-New): $20 > $19.84

Seems like a good way to turn the $45 from GoW trade in @ GS into $45 @ BB for GoW during the Sony Discount days coming up.

GS>BB

Keep in mind BB will (soon?) no longer let you use gift cards to buy other gift cards.

GS>BB

Thanks for posting this, prestige day is this coming Sat according to my local store that hit prestige. Going to hope these values hold with a good chance they have a B2G1 sale going on that day.

Thanks for posting this, prestige day is this coming Sat according to my local store that hit prestige. Going to hope these values hold with a good chance they have a B2G1 sale going on that day.
Thanks for posting! I actually have a prestige store within 10 miles now so hopefully it is this weekend.

Subway gift cards can still be bought with trade in credit. I was nervous when the transaction was taking so long to be verified.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

The app or a google search. In the app the store will say prestige. Or just google search “Gamestop prestige”
Google Maps is very out of date. Only 1/3 stores around me were accurate. Best bet is to call/ask the worker if they know which stores are prestige.

If you did the GoW trade earlier in the month for $45 (or thereabouts depending on the time of your trade) but didn't get the platinum trophy, and still want to buy it back for less than you traded it in for then this would work. The caveat is that you would have to take sales tax into consideration.

Don't have a PS4.  $5 per game seems too good to pass.  Unless it's a bad idea to buy them used, thinking about getting the following:

Homefront: Revolution
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Anyone else confirm if Prestige Day is Saturday? Wondering if the deals will be advertised online or if you have to call/stop by Prestige stores.
Prestige Day is this Saturday per a Corporate e-mail this past Sunday to qualifying stores. It's always been "Select Stores Only" aka Prestige Stores who hit their Circle Of Life performance targets along with surveys. It is not available online. As far as the deals, it's typically B2G1 free on all preowned merchandise, extra 10% that does stack on your trades and some random collectible % off promo but we won't know for sure until they officially announce it which should be tomorrow.

Wish Gamestop would go back and make this thing online again too. :wall: :wall: There are several Retro games that I need that would be great at $4 each with Elite discount.
They lost money due to shipping and the website making the games 4 for $12 for Elite members, so that's probably why the promotion is in-store only for the first time.

When do you normally get the birthday coupon, is it on the first of the month?
My birthday is in the middle of a month, and when I looked at my old emails, it shows that I got an email on the actual date, but the coupon inside shows it was issued on the first of the month/expires 45 days after issued... so maybe check your active offers on the site on the first/second/third of the month?

hmm, not sure if this is a sign of an SB but the top 3 switch games (Hyrule, MK8, DKC) are at $30 base.  I know MK8 was only 27.50 and Hyrule was $30 last weekend during that SB.  However, Zelda was $2.50 higher last weekend.  Guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow if there is a trade in deal email.

Really, how hard is that to fix? Is it Moe or Curly who’s head of their IT team?
I have a feeling that a large chunk of the pricing database was built before elite was in place. Hence elite was not taken into account when that portion was designed. If they fix it to work with elite they probably risk a secondary break that causes a similar loss. In essence they've built themselves a catch-22.

Overall GameStop's entire IT needs an overhaul from the website to the inventory/pricing DB to in store POS. But they're gonna hold off as long as they can because it will cut into shareholder profits. They'd rather screw over customers than shareholders.

Any word on what, if anything, is replacing the 40% Fortnite promo at or above that % level?  I have a few big bins of games to bring in but I don't want to wait until Saturday if the best it's going to be is 30% for Elite Pro at Prestige stores.

Any word on what, if anything, is replacing the 40% Fortnite promo at or above that % level? I have a few big bins of games to bring in but I don't want to wait until Saturday if the best it's going to be is 30% for Elite Pro at Prestige stores.
Just put $5 down on the preorder for Dark Souls for Switch...? Nevermind. I thought that was going on longer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back