Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really starting to hate this company.  I used to have multiple prestige stores near me - I even took a few surveys!  But now I have zero prestige stores nearby, so I have zero reason to go into them.  

Pro business tip - If a store is doing poorly, you should allow them to offer sales that would surely draw in more customers! *sigh*

Just put $5 down on the preorder for Dark Souls for Switch...? Nevermind. I thought that was going on longer...
Yeah, I let that one go because I was hoping for the convergence of a Prestige day and something in the 50-60% range to stack. I bought out a pawn shop's game inventory a few weeks ago so I have bins full of games in the $0.50-$1.00 trade range but a few surprise gems that trade for as much or more than they eBay for.

Odd, in the app it says one of my local stores is Prestige, but on the actual Prestige Day website, it's not listed. I'm assuming the latter is more up to date.

Anybody else having problems with the website shipping items? They say my address is invalid and I have tried several other addresses and it still comes up as invalid. 

Odd, in the app it says one of my local stores is Prestige, but on the actual Prestige Day website, it's not listed. I'm assuming the latter is more up to date.
Same here. My local store is listed as Prestige on their store finder, but if I use the prestige day page, the nearest one is about 50 miles away.

A close one near me shows up on app, not on the website. I just called and they confirmed that they are a Prestige store. Best bet is to call and confirm with them.

I'm really starting to hate this company. I used to have multiple prestige stores near me - I even took a few surveys! But now I have zero prestige stores nearby, so I have zero reason to go into them.

Pro business tip - If a store is doing poorly, you should allow them to offer sales that would surely draw in more customers! *sigh*
I think it's smarter for them to do what they are doing. Stores that have proven themselves with good surveys and pre-orders ate the money makers. If people are going out of their way to go to a "poor" GS just for a sale, they have little insentive to preorder or sign up for PUR. They would also be smart to look at their real estate holdings and trim some fat (but I hope they don't).

Love the fact that there is no store within 100 miles of the Twin Cities metro...
I feel your pain, I was hoping at least the MOA store was prestige with all the traffic they get, my closest one is the Richfield location, they always been awesome and even have actual new/sealed copies of games most of the time, I guess not enough surveys coming through 😣

Great, the lack of a promo killed this prestige day for me. Not worth it to trade stuff at a measly 30% extra.

I think it's smarter for them to do what they are doing. Stores that have proven themselves with good surveys and pre-orders ate the money makers. If people are going out of their way to go to a "poor" GS just for a sale, they have little insentive to preorder or sign up for PUR. They would also be smart to look at their real estate holdings and trim some fat (but I hope they don't).
Meh. I understand where you're coming from. As it stands though, if my local store were prestige, I would shop there and spend a bit of money this weekend. It is not, so I will not be shopping Gamestop this weekend. I see it as a lose/lose, for both myself and GS (just a drop in the bucket for GS, but still.)

Don't forget extra $5 towards a pre-order. That should stack.
Only one per pre-order kind of kills it though. Looks like this prestige day is just going to be good for trade fodder for the next bump. Sucks a lot of stores won't let you do return rebuys during these.

Would it be possible to do the $5 extra towards a pre-order then cancel that preorder and transfer the balance towards a new pre order and do another $5 bonus trade in?

Only one per pre-order kind of kills it though. Looks like this prestige day is just going to be good for trade fodder for the next bump. Sucks a lot of stores won't let you do return rebuys during these.
Do stores actually deny return and rebuy b/c it’s prestige day? I haven’t had a local prestige store to try this out.

Those of you check for prestige on the app which "page" are you using? Absolutely nothing anywhere shows as prestige via the independent store locator page or when checking stock of a item.

Do stores actually deny return and rebuy b/c it’s prestige day? I haven’t had a local prestige store to try this out.
I have never had a problem doing this at my Prestige stores. I have straight up called and verified at the Prestige store with the manager before the sale even started. Walked in with receipts from 3 other stores with Switch games on them purchased at full price earlier the same day. Returned all of them and repurchased them via B2G1 free. If you are within your return period, they can't deny your return.

I've had employees straight up refuse to do a return rebuy on prestige days in multiple stores. I think they can technically refuse service if they want to but it's a real junior detective deluxe thing to do. I might try again this Saturday and if they refuse just drop a massive return on them and walk away. They always cite something about different return policies during promotions but I've never seen anything confirming that besides their BS.

Those of you check for prestige on the app which "page" are you using? Absolutely nothing anywhere shows as prestige via the independent store locator page or when checking stock of a item.

Click the map pin from the main screen on the app to the left of the shopping cart, enter your zip code and then click on the locations, the ones that are prestige will say so by their store name.

I finally have a prestige store in my area.

Heads up, was just in the local store before closing and saw artwork for a 70% trade promo and was told it starts tomorrow. If only we could have had that last weekend!

Heads up, was just in the local store before closing and saw artwork for a 70% trade promo and was told it starts tomorrow. If only we could have had that last weekend!
I assume it's the tiered version 4 games for 70% ?

I hope it's true and would be great with the B2G1 going on this weekend for Prestige Stores , if so that would mean FLIPPAGEDON IS BACK!!!

I assume it's the tiered version 4 games for 70% ?
I could only make out the huge 70% plastered on the artwork but it was either that or the 70/60/50 for elite/pro/reg thing they've advertised in the past. Either way it's a good thing. Shame there's only 1 prestige store within 80 miles and they have nothing good. #cry

I could only make out the huge 70% plastered on the artwork but it was either that or the 70/60/50 for elite/pro/reg thing they've advertised in the past. Either way it's a good thing. Shame there's only 1 prestige store within 80 miles and they have nothing good. #cry
I saw this sign on my store tonight. It was the elite/pro/reg sign.

So heres the question, do I take my stack of games in tomorrow at open before they have time to lower the trade in values? or do I risk it and trade them in on prestige day saturday night?

Have games I bought during the last B2G1 sale on prestige day, and even with a 70% promo I would still be losing money if I were to trade them back in (assuming values remain the same between today and tomorrow). Values are THAT bad still.

In regards to the extra $5 pre-order trade-in bonus, does anyone know if it has to be for a new pre-order? Or can it be on an existing pre-order? (e.i. I pre-ordered a new Switch game over Memorial Day weekend)

In regards to the extra $5 pre-order trade-in bonus, does anyone know if it has to be for a new pre-order? Or can it be on an existing pre-order? (e.i. I pre-ordered a new Switch game over Memorial Day weekend)
Works on existing. Traded in a low value game earlier today towards a Dark Souls Switch preorder I already had.

Well on a more realistic note. No sign of the tiered trade bonus on Gamestop.com, maybe it starts tomorrow after the current currency promo ends but all of this trolling doesn't make me hopeful.

Courtesy message for those with Prestige stores close to you...

Around 7:00PM-8:00PM local time today, place your online holds for the games you want to purchase tomorrow.  That way, you will get the confirmation emails tonight for what they have and what they don't have.  After you get the confirmation emails, THEN call the store and let them know you will be in early tomorrow morning to pick the games up.  Cuts through the hassle of the online inventory by store being incorrect and ensures you get what you want.

It's in store. My store also said that prestige will have an extra 20% that stacks on Saturday with preorder of any E3 title. They said there'll be a list. I think Rage 2 will be on it. Gonna be crazy flips to be had. 90% will be insane.
You’re not trolling, are you? 90% seems impossible.

It's in store. My store also said that prestige will have an extra 20% that stacks on Saturday with preorder of any E3 title. They said there'll be a list. I think Rage 2 will be on it. Gonna be crazy flips to be had. 90% will be insane.
You’re not trolling, are you? 90% seems impossible.

With only a few games getting 30 base, even 90% isn’t really fantastic unless you are guaranteed a stack of top tier switch games or something in a b2g1. Odyssey at 25.00 x .9 is 47.50. I wonder if 35 base is gone for good.

I am outside a prestige store will test in 18 mintues. I have a stack of 360 ps4 switch and Xbox one games. If it happens to only work on portable games I will not be able to test that.
Look for the end date of the 70% promo please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back