Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess ill just do this, thanks for the tip.
But I dont understand how you can put xbl/sony cards into a gamestop gift card. Do they allow that?
You only need to grab a $10 or whatever in the xbl/sony card and the rest will be trade credit.

You do get the boost for the entire transaction, not just what goes towards the currency card.

You only need to grab a $10 or whatever in the xbl/sony card and the rest will be trade credit.
You do get the boost for the entire transaction, not just what goes towards the currency card.
So if I say im also purchasing a $10 psn card with a ps4 pro, ill get the 40% boost is what your saying?
Sorry but all this just is a bit confusing

You can always do separate transactions. Do the games first and then the system second. Use the credit from the first trade of just games to put towards the new system on the second transaction.
So if I say im also purchasing a $10 psn card with a ps4 pro, ill get the 40% boost is what your saying?
Sorry but all this just is a bit confusing
To elaborate on what Hellacious recommended. You want to trade in all your games and extra accessories in the first transaction. At this time you buy the $10 PSN card. This will trigger the 40% bump (if you are elite pro). You will pay for and keep the $10 PSN card, but will get the rest of the value on a GameStop trade/gift card. You can use that credit on the next purchase. This probably is only worth the extra hassle if the base value of this trade is greater than $50. At that point the $10 PSN card becomes free (thx to the extra 20% bump) and anything over that gets you 20% more in trade credit to use on the next purchase.

Do the PS3 system trade and PS4 purchase on the second trade, using the trade credit from the first.

In the end you'll have the $10 PSN card and the PS4 pro.

Uhhhh, from my understanding, pre-orders are store-specific, yeah? Went to a GS out of state while on vacation, and they kept insisting/adding a pre-order to my transaction (the $5 bonus for trading in a XB1 game). I get that it's free, but I'm never coming back to this store once my vacation is over. They kept saying that you can transfer the pre-order to my home store, but I've never been able to do that in the past. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Uhhhh, from my understanding, pre-orders are store-specific, yeah? Went to a GS out of state while on vacation, and they kept insisting/adding a pre-order to my transaction (the $5 bonus for trading in a XB1 game). I get that it's free, but I'm never coming back to this store once my vacation is over. They kept saying that you can transfer the pre-order to my home store, but I've never been able to do that in the past. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.
I’ve been told that, but every time I’ve tried to had that done, they told me I need to visit the actual store. Only has happened a couple of times and the store isn’t too far away, but still

They can transfer, seems like typically just call and switch it over via GC.

To elaborate on what Hellacious recommended. You want to trade in all your games and extra accessories in the first transaction. At this time you buy the $10 PSN card. This will trigger the 40% bump (if you are elite pro). You will pay for and keep the $10 PSN card, but will get the rest of the value on a GameStop trade/gift card. You can use that credit on the next purchase. This probably is only worth the extra hassle if the base value of this trade is greater than $50. At that point the $10 PSN card becomes free (thx to the extra 20% bump) and anything over that gets you 20% more in trade credit to use on the next purchase.

Do the PS3 system trade and PS4 purchase on the second trade, using the trade credit from the first.

In the end you'll have the $10 PSN card and the PS4 pro.
Thank man!

So I told the gamestop employee this is what I want to do.
But she instead wanted to do all of it in 1 transaction and it seems to have worked fine that way. The PS3 trade in got bumped into 80 after ringing in a ps4 pro. And after ringing in a $10 psn code, the trade total was bumped up by 20% on everything that wasn't the ps3.... I'm gonna assume the advertised 40% is including the 20% you already get with Elite right?

Bit disappointing, but at least I got the stuff I wanted. :bouncy: and I got a lot

She took over 4 hours to finish helping me without helping anyone else...typing with long nails looks annoying...she also kept stepping out and left me standing there couple times without helping other customers.

I remember trading in a bigger bulk half a yr ago, leaving in <2 hrs, and the dude was working by himself while helping other customers. Baffled if I should be happy with the service or not

Was just at my home store, and the manager, who is always very cool to me, was either convincingly playing dumb about any upcoming 70% promo, or she was genuinely unaware of one.

Thank you fellow cheapassgamers!

This thread's been awesome and very helpful. I always love coming to this site whenever I want to buy some gamer stuff. (This sites too dangerous for my wallet to visit daily!)

Thank man!

So I told the gamestop employee this is what I want to do.
But she instead wanted to do all of it in 1 transaction and it seems to have worked fine that way. The PS3 trade in got bumped into 80 after ringing in a ps4 pro. And after ringing in a $10 psn code, the trade total was bumped up by 20% on everything that wasn't the ps3.... I'm gonna assume the advertised 40% is including the 20% you already get with Elite right?

Bit disappointing, but at least I got the stuff I wanted. :bouncy: and I got a lot
She took over 4 hours to finish helping me without helping anyone else...typing with long nails looks annoying...she also kept stepping out and left me standing there couple times without helping other customers.

I remember trading in a bigger bulk half a yr ago, leaving in <2 hrs, and the dude was working by himself while helping other customers. Baffled if I should be happy with the service or not
Dafuq! What were you trading in that took that long? Longest a console trade took me was like 15 minutes. Did you not format the PS3 or something?

ugg... the mythical 70% again... I miss the old elite's only thread that wasn't full of bullshit then 50 people asking about the bullshit...

Thank you fellow cheapassgamers!

This thread's been awesome and very helpful. I always love coming to this site whenever I want to buy some gamer stuff. (This sites too dangerous for my wallet to visit daily!)
same with mine when I asked today. The guy was like i have no idea. Y’all usually no first before we do.

I’m traveling for a wedding and stopped at an out of town Gamestop. All of the employees had “prestige” name tags in, but none of them could show me where the flip section was. I don’t understand how they can be so clueless and be a prestige store.

Do GS employees get in trouble for doing multiple transactions one after another? The cashier said so because I wanted to use $10 reward certificates on each of my 3 items. Also, GS is really cashing in on the Fortnite craze. Official PS4 and Xbox One controllers are considered Best with Fortnite. XD

Do GS employees get in trouble for doing multiple transactions one after another? The cashier said so because I wanted to use $10 reward certificates on each of my 3 items. Also, GS is really cashing in on the Fortnite craze. Official PS4 and Xbox One controllers are considered Best with Fortnite. XD
Probably a stat of amount per transaction. So more transactions would lower that amount. Plus a lower percentage of surveys completed if they did more

They don't get in trouble, but each transaction without a pre-order/GPG/etc. hurts their numbers, since it's based on a % of total transaction. It could technically hurt them, but it shouldn't stop them from completing your purchase. I used to know some employees that were really adamant about it, but that's because their boss was up their ass every day watching their numbers

Well considering that the coupon Terms of service says that you can only use 1 of the same denomination per day.... that alone is enough for them to deny you doing it.

Have you tried Resetera? NeoGAF? I'm certain both would be delighted to have you.
Shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house, and if you got a glass jaw, watch your mouth.

You weren't around for the old thread, dude's right. Don't need 500 people asking GS managers about promos that haven't even been advertised to the general public yet.

Yet people wonder why they get JD'd

Shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house, and if you got a glass jaw, watch your mouth.

You weren't around for the old thread, dude's right. Don't need 500 people asking GS managers about promos that haven't even been advertised to the general public yet.

Yet people wonder why they get JD'd
Not intending to get into an argument here, but I was around for the old thread and all the mishegas, and in my case there was/is no danger to be had with making the inquiry to a manager I've got a solid rapport with in a rural (for Gamestop) market store where I'm a regular. That said, from this point on I will keep similar interactions to myself.

Such a waste of money that could have been better spent on making exclusive games.
Not really the thread for this but go back 4 years ago and I can guarantee you everyone was complaining about the hardware being the issue with Xbox. They had to address that before moving forward.

Such a waste of money that could have been better spent on making exclusive games.
Not really the thread for this but go back 4 years ago and I can guarantee you everyone was complaining about the hardware being the issue with Xbox. They had to address that before moving forward.

oh goody a fanboy pissing contest...where's "PC master race" guy to tell them all to pipe down?
Does a guy with a few steam games count?
Not sure did you tell them to "pipe down"?

You should also end it with a cool hashtag that shows you know alot about computers like #pcmasterrace or #iknowalotaboutcomputers or something like that. That's what the cool kids do, I think.

Not sure did you tell them to "pipe down"?

You should also end it with a cool hashtag that shows you know alot about computers like #pcmasterrace or #iknowalotaboutcomputers or something like that. That's what the cool kids do, I think.
Seems like too much work, ain't nobody got time for dat!

I am sorry Mr. Ratmonkey, I appreciate the job offer but its not you, its me, the PC master race can suck it dry.

What are the Pro offers going on right now? The 4 deals a month. I look at my dash and it only shows me buy console get controller discount.

I’ve been told that, but every time I’ve tried to had that done, they told me I need to visit the actual store. Only has happened a couple of times and the store isn’t too far away, but still
They can transfer, seems like typically just call and switch it over via GC.
I've transferred pre orders store to store before when I decided I wanted something else. You just can't cancel a per order from another store.
Thanks for replying. But if I can't cancel from my home store, isn't that the same thing as transferring (because isn't transferring simply a cancel/re-preorder at the home store)? For example, game comes out this Tuesday. I can't pick it up. My home store can't cancel the preorder, but they can transfer the preorder from a now-released game onto a new, unreleased preorder? I'll have to give it a try after this Tuesday when the preordered game comes out.

I'm assuming the trade promo for 40% towards "Fortnite" cards like PSN and Xbox is only an additional 10% on top of your 30% for Elite Pro, correct?

Quick question regarding the 5/20% off preowned deal.

I like to order multiples of a game in case they don't come complete. If i get unlucky and have to return several games that would drop me below the 5 game threshold does the discount get taken away from everything on my online receipt or do they not care and leave the prices as is?

thanks.

I didn't even think about this potentially being an issue until now, but I've got an OG PS4 I had the HDMI port replaced on - will GS take a system with the warranty sticker cut?

Considering most the games were at 900p, yes I agree. IIRC, it also wasn't like they were at 60fps, so double whammy.

Nier, Kingdom Hearts, and Red Dead 2 are gonna run better on Xbox, and since PC isn't going to get any of them (excluding the crappy nier port), I really am glad they decided to release the x1x. Definitely more impressive than the bump in performance between PS4 and PS4 Pro.

Surprised nobody mentioned the email saying pre order an E3 game get a coupon for double points. Since the 70% doesn't look like it's coming, this coupon is going to be great.

Surprised nobody mentioned the email saying pre order an E3 game get a coupon for double points. Since the 70% doesn't look like it's coming, this coupon is going to be great.
Wonder how that works for prior preorders. Have KH3 and RDR2 pre-ordered like 2-3 months ago. Wouldn't doubt it if they don't give me nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back