Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep. Heck, what I'd do, since the base value for the One S is so low, is just to trade in, pay the extra, unless you already have trade credit, then return the console to get an extra $150ish in credit.
I did this when they had a PS3 towards a PS4 deal with no problem. My only concern would be since the Switch does not have a seal on it, if they would take it back as unopened.

Has anyone gotten their double point coupon yet? How long did it take? Hoping the values hold until I get mine and can make a pretty big trade. 

I hate how they no longer show how much you owe per game, that was really convenient.  

Site doesn't specify if the 3ds xl has to be the "new" kind but I kind of expect it. It's gamestop after all.

Do any of you know for sure?

attachicon.gif
D736762B-FA86-49A0-9215-BF1618922D79.jpeg
You might want to take off that photo with your serial numbers...

Thanks, I'll be dumping an old xl with them later today then. Do we have confirmation on whether or not we can trade multiple consoles towards a single switch? Like for example an Xbox one and a 3ds xl?

Hmm my goal with this promo would be to trade the Xbox One S towards the Switch then return the switch and use that towards buying an Xbox One X. The only question I have is will I actually be able to return the Switch. Anyone have experience with something similar?

Hmm my goal with this promo would be to trade the Xbox One S towards the Switch then return the switch and use that towards buying an Xbox One X. The only question I have is will I actually be able to return the Switch. Anyone have experience with something similar?
Get a gift receipt and take it to another store.

There’s no seal but when they open it and see everything still in the plastic they will know it hasn’t been opened/used.

Anybody else have trouble getting the $80.00 credit for their ps3 because they were trying to buy a pro and not just a regular PS4?

Worst case scenario the switch trades in for $250 with the 25% hardware bonus. Making the trade in of the Xbox one s $200 subtracting the $50 paid towards the switch that's still a great trade in value, but just get a gift receipt and you should have zero issues. Might get a ln angry employee taking such a large return though.

Worst case scenario the switch trades in for $250 with the 25% hardware bonus. Making the trade in of the Xbox one s $200 subtracting the $50 paid towards the switch that's still a great trade in value, but just get a gift receipt and you should have zero issues. Might get a ln angry employee taking such a large return though.
That’s a lot of work to end with the same amount of tic and a few points only.

That’s a lot of work to end with the same amount of tic and a few points only.
For sure, just an idea if they don't let you return or if you have a switch that you want to swap out for whatever reason. I think you'd end up with 16,500 points from the switch purchase/switch trade not including the Xbox one trade.

Im interested in this switch deal, I appreciate the info given, and even the "scenarios", but my spider sense is telling me its too good to be true, in as much as I feel like there might be a big price drop or something else on the horizon?

I was going to jump through the hoops (buy Xbox One S and trade it in for Switch) to get this deal, but decided to go with this deal instead:

Buy 2x $150 Best Buy gift cards on eBay from paypal_digital_gifts and get an extra $15 per $150 card. Use my Chase Freedom card for 5% casback on PayPal purchase ($15 cash back). Buy Switch from Best Buy for $300 + tax, get Switch and Nintendo-branded 128GB SD card (Best Buy deal this week). Net cost is a little less than $285. This is a better deal for me.

GET $20 GUARANTEED WHEN TRADING SELECT TITLES TOWARD ANY NEW PRE-ORDER OR PURCHASE.
Offer valid 5/28 - 6/17. Eligible game list valid while respective new title is at or above a $39.99 retail. Purchase value is net after application of eligible trade item. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

There is a link included with this offer with 161 games listed for this deal (not a list, you have to scroll through pages of games).  Does anyone know if you can trade in more than one game for one purchase?  i.e. Smash Bros 3DS and R6 Siege for $40 off your purchase?

GET $20 GUARANTEED WHEN TRADING SELECT TITLES TOWARD ANY NEW PRE-ORDER OR PURCHASE.

Offer valid 5/28 - 6/17. Eligible game list valid while respective new title is at or above a $39.99 retail. Purchase value is net after application of eligible trade item. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.

There is a link included with this offer with 161 games listed for this deal (not a list, you have to scroll through pages of games). Does anyone know if you can trade in more than one game for one purchase? i.e. Smash Bros 3DS and R6 Siege for $40 off your purchase?
Yeah just did it today, traded in pokemon ultra sun & ultra moon and both went up to $23.60 each. The promo added $2 and then $3.60 from elite pro.

Just got my pre-owned Horizon Zero Dawn Complete delivered from GameStop.com, and suprise .. case is empty. Not sure if they'll take my word for it.

Just got my pre-owned Horizon Zero Dawn Complete delivered from GameStop.com, and suprise .. case is empty. Not sure if they'll take my word for it.
Depends on your store. Once I ordered a preowned copy of HZD CE, and they sent me those trigger bumpers for Xbox controller. I have no idea how they messed that up. Told the SL who I’m friends with and he gave me a sealed copy of HZD CE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back