Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got my pre-owned Horizon Zero Dawn Complete delivered from GameStop.com, and suprise .. case is empty. Not sure if they'll take my word for it.
Mistakes like this make me hate their opened new games policy even more. So hard to argue you didn't just open the game and take it out and are trying to scam them.

Hi guys, it's me from Chile, I am currently on Los Angeles, for E3 expo, I would appreciate tips and deals on some switch games ( I just bought a console last night).

Do you know any good deals around Koreatown? I think I have a GameStop nearby, but best buy is quite far.

Thank you in advance~

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Legally, they're not used. Opening something doesn't mean it's used. Otherwise, how would anyone sell books or clothes? Clothes would have been tried on by multiple people, and you can always start reading a book in the store, right?

If there was a case for it, I'm sure they would have been sued long time ago.

I still cant grasp how this is not illegal, I ordered a new game from gs.com and I got the "opened" new disc yellow sleeve
Not denying your order may have been a mistake. My store ran out of white sleeves at one point and had to use yellow for everything though.

Legally, they're not used. Opening something doesn't mean it's used. Otherwise, how would anyone sell books or clothes? Clothes would have been tried on by multiple people, and you can always start reading a book in the store, right?

If there was a case for it, I'm sure they would have been sued long time ago.
This isn't correct. Most books don't come sealed from the factory. Clothes either.

It's the equivalent of a board game from Target being opened and them selling as new. Which they would never do. What other store uses the gamestop logic of new? Answer: None.

The issue with them being sued or not also isn't valid. Because most people just shrug or don't shop there again. Most ordinary people (and sane people) don't have time for a lawsuit for an issue this small.

They absolutely aren't in 'new' factory condition when they are opened.

Just got my pre-owned Horizon Zero Dawn Complete delivered from GameStop.com, and suprise .. case is empty. Not sure if they'll take my word for it.
Update #1: called customer service. they're shipping me a replacement via overnight shipping and want me to return the empty case to them.

For future use...

IxPCKVU.jpg

Does anybody remember how much the popular switch games went up to the last 2 bumps?
I just traded my copy of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 last weekend and got $25.50 I believe. Pretty happy with it since I know I can get that game again for cheaper later on and I think I only paid $25 for it new in the first place. Had to get Sushi Striker without paying full price and I don't regret it, loving that game.

what things do i need to trade in my blue 3ds xl for the $100 off switch? also will they take it if there's a skin on it. The handheld is pretty scratched up in terms of the exterior.

Smooth transaction all the way through. Went to one store traded in a One S for a Switch. Took the Switch to the store down the road and returned it with a gift receipt and bought a One X. End result was trading a One S and $200 trade credit for a brand new One X. The only problem anyone may run into doing this deal or a similar one of upgrading a PS4 OG for a Pro is the limited inventory on Pros and One Xs at all the stores right now. Both Gamestops had zero Pros in stock and one was OOS on One Xs and I got the last one at the other store.

Smooth transaction all the way through. Went to one store traded in a One S for a Switch. Took the Switch to the store down the road and returned it with a gift receipt and bought a One X. End result was trading a One S and $200 trade credit for a brand new One X. The only problem anyone may run into doing this deal or a similar one of upgrading a PS4 OG for a Pro is the limited inventory on Pros and One Xs at all the stores right now. Both Gamestops had zero Pros in stock and one was OOS on One Xs and I got the last one at the other store.
nice score, Im doing that, except Im picking up a used god of war pro to replace my launch pro so I get the newer pro for an extra $30 in credit after the trade in and return

Many of the deals END on 6/17. Plan accordingly....

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

Many of the deals END on 6/17. Plan accordingly....

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else​
This image was posted on the GS subreddit about an hour ago, seems to include eShop cards now. Runs through 7/22

1VRmpM2.jpg

Damn, I am really tempted to trade my OG white Xbox One for a Switch. I could probably come up with some extra stuff to trade too and get the Switch for pretty cheap. I could then hopefully return the Switch and get an Xbox One X for $200 or less. I have an OG PS4 as well, but my wife occasionally plays on it so I could only really trade it for another PS4 unfortunately. 

Does the guarantee $20 stack with the +$5 promotion? I couldn’t find the detail on the E3 pre-order promotion on the site

Does the $80 PS3 work towards the pro? I have heard conflicting information. Anybody done it in store?

Thanks
Pretty sure it does, but like someone else said One X and Pro systems are hard to come by right now because of the promotions and sales right now.

For those frothing at the mouth about another end of June bonanza... just remember there was more to it than a bump and 70% trade. The bumps were higher then, usually 35.00 for good stuff. There were also many more games getting high base values. Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Amazing Spider-Man were 27.50 base... and on top of all that it was an all stores buy 2 get 1 over a long weekend promotion. Every possible bit of goodness happened. I’m certainly not cheering against it, but it may never happen again.

For those frothing at the mouth about another end of June bonanza... just remember there was more to it than a bump and 70% trade. The bumps were higher then, usually 35.00 for good stuff. There were also many more games getting high base values. Plants vs. Zombies 2 and Amazing Spider-Man were 27.50 base... and on top of all that it was an all stores buy 2 get 1 over a long weekend promotion. Every possible bit of goodness happened. I’m certainly not cheering against it, but it may never happen again.
There was a 70% and B2G1 just recently in March. You're right about more games not getting the high values anymore (Rory PGA was another one of those 25+ base value games). But don't think 60% or 70% with bumps haven't gone away just yet.

I don't boomerang and deal mostly in last gen finds. So 50-70% trade boosts are still great for me. The days of you boomerangers making big money off of BB's sheets, large TIVs for current gen games, $15 B2G1 codes, Bonus $5 boost coupons, stacking CAG16, and regular stealth boosts are long gone, yes.

I'm sure it can't be done on the same transaction, but has anyone tried doing this $250 towards a Switch twice? I've got an OG PS4, and can get an XB1 S cheap, so if I can get a Switch for my kids AND one to sell, that would be nice.

I'm sure it can't be done on the same transaction, but has anyone tried doing this $250 towards a Switch twice? I've got an OG PS4, and can get an XB1 S cheap, so if I can get a Switch for my kids AND one to sell, that would be nice.
I've never had an issue doing "trade-in towards console" deals multiple times on my account. It is probably best to go to another store so they don't flag you as a reseller, though.

Does the guarantee $20 stack with the +$5 promotion? I couldn’t find the detail on the E3 pre-order promotion on the site
Just did it yesterday with no problem. Got $25 for Nier: automata anticipating the Xbox one version, except there is no ski for the Xbox one version yet, so put the $5 towards Spider-Man. Also, my store has only been putting the extra $5 towards the pre order and the rest on my trade card.

Another thought if it hasn’t been mentioned, should be a lot of easy flips from 4 for $20 with this promotion...

If I have a B2G1F preowned coupon and the three items I'm looking at are $44, $34 and $34, can I use a $10 preowned certificate with it to make all 3 $34? Can I use those two in the same transaction? Will the system do something weird like applying the $10 to the cheapest item instead of the most expensive?

On Friday, I placed an order thru the GameStop website for the 3 months Xbox Live BOGO promotion and it said that a separate code will be emailed within 2 business days for the bonus 3 months. I haven’t received the second code yet. Has anyone else had this problem? How would you suggest I go about getting the second code? Call customer service?

Just did it yesterday with no problem. Got $25 for Nier: automata anticipating the Xbox one version, except there is no ski for the Xbox one version yet, so put the $5 towards Spider-Man. Also, my store has only been putting the extra $5 towards the pre order and the rest on my trade card.

Another thought if it hasn’t been mentioned, should be a lot of easy flips from 4 for $20 with this promotion...
Awesome, thank you. I wanted to trade in Yakuza 0 for Spider-Man, I think for $25 probably worth it. Gotta check the list again now to see if I have any others

If I have a B2G1F preowned coupon and the three items I'm looking at are $44, $34 and $34, can I use a $10 preowned certificate with it to make all 3 $34? Can I use those two in the same transaction? Will the system do something weird like applying the $10 to the cheapest item instead of the most expensive?
Yes, I've done this before.

No SKU for Nier on xbox because it is Download only. No Physical

Has anyone tried a regular 3ds xl and not the "new" 3ds xl. I don't see where the trade in ad asks for the "new" 3ds xl for the $100 towards the switch.

Traded a One S towards a Switch with no issues. TIV before the boost was ~$113, so getting $250 is amazing. Got a gift receipt just in case.

What’s the code to search for the guaranteed $20 TIV games? The link in the OP doesn’t go anywhere for me. Thanks!

I traded in my Xbox One S towards a Switch and asked the associate for a gift receipt. He said he couldn't print one and gave me the regular receipt with it. What can I do now? I don't want the Switch since I have one already. Can I take it back with the receipt and trade it out for something else like a PS4? I paid the difference with trade credit and cash.

I traded in my Xbox One S towards a Switch and asked the associate for a gift receipt. He said he couldn't print one and gave me the regular receipt with it. What can I do now? I don't want the Switch since I have one already. Can I take it back with the receipt and trade it out for something else like a PS4? I paid the difference with trade credit and cash.
Nope you're SOL.

(Read the Receipt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back