Not open for further replies.
Current Ad is 6/13 - 6/19

Weekly Ad:
http://www.gamestop.com/weeklyad

PDF version:
https://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/weeklyad/current/061318/pdf/OLFSI_061318.pdf

​Current Trade in Promos:

​
Get $100 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Wii U, 3DS XL, or PS Vita
Until 6/17​
 ​
Get $150 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Original
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $250 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One Slim or PS4
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
Get $300 toward a New Nintendo Switch when you trade an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro
Until 6/17​
 ​
 ​
 ​
Get up to 40% Extra Trade Credit When You Trade Toward XBOX / ITUNES / PS currencies (ending 7/6)

40% total bonus from BASE for Elite
30% total bonus from BASE for Pro

20% total bonus from BASE for everyone else

​
Get $20 guaranteed when trading select titles toward any new pre-order or purchase.
Valid until 6/17
*item being pre-ordered must be 39.99 or higher
ELIGIBLE GAMES....
https://www.gamestop.com/trade/Browse/N-0Z1z13laj?Ntt=guartmay18

Get $80 guaranteed for ANY PS3 system traded toward a new PS4
Valid until 6/17

​
25% extra credit on any hardware traded
Valid until 6/17​

​
Get $5 Extra Toward Your Pre-Order When You Trade a PS4, Xbox One or Nintendo Switch Game
Valid until 6/17​
Min trade value of $2

Limit 1 $5 per preorder

GS FAQ

How many copies of a game can I trade in?
​You are allowed to trade in 4 copies of a game (per system) within a rolling 30 day period.

What do I need to trade in an older console?

​​
the console, power cable, av cable, and controller; sometimes they don't care about USB charge cable but ymmv. 3ds xl trade would be console, charger, stylus. Some have reported being charged refurb fee for a stylus, but again ymmv (answer stolen from anarchyburger)​

FAQ will be entered when those questions get asked frequently.​

TERMINOLOGY AND LINGO

ASL/SL: Assistant Store Leader, Store Leader; manager positions at GS.
B2G1: Buy two, get one free. Typically refers to the coupon you receive when becoming Pro.
GCU/BB: Gamer’s Club Unlocked, Best Buy
GS: GameStop
JD: Junior detective, an employee who is out to get someone
LP: Loss Prevention; this is the department that actually bans accounts after being flagged.
TC/TiC: Trade credit.
TIV/TV: Trade in value, or what a game currently trades for. When posting a TV for a game, always use the base value.[/background][/size][/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded in my Xbox One S towards a Switch and asked the associate for a gift receipt. He said he couldn't print one and gave me the regular receipt with it. What can I do now? I don't want the Switch since I have one already. Can I take it back with the receipt and trade it out for something else like a PS4? I paid the difference with trade credit and cash.
A nice employee would swap it for a PS4 no problem. A jerk employee would try to remove the bonus you are given upon return of the switch so ymmv.

I traded in my Xbox One S towards a Switch and asked the associate for a gift receipt. He said he couldn't print one and gave me the regular receipt with it. What can I do now? I don't want the Switch since I have one already. Can I take it back with the receipt and trade it out for something else like a PS4? I paid the difference with trade credit and cash.
Should be fine if it's unopened. But you'll look like a scumbag since the receipt will show that you took advantage of a trade in promotion and decide you no longer want something. Not sure what the employee or manager will do.

So what can I do going forward if they say they can't give me a gift receipt? And is that even possible or was he lying to me?
It’s possible if he was New he didn’t know how to print it.

Per the receipt you can return it. It would take a district manager override to take away the extra trade credit, I went through this with the forza pre-order bonus where an employee made me put all of my tic toward the game. Then when I cane in a few weeks later he tried to remove the credit, he called the dm in front of me calling me scamming scum. Dm said to give me the refund from canceling the game. That guy now is no longer employed by Gamestop.

To make it easier on yourself, if possible, have a friend or relative return it. You can just have them tell the store you got it for them/their kid as a gift but they already had one and would rather have a PS4.

No SKU for Nier on xbox because it is Download only. No Physical
Wow. Really? Keeping my PS4 version. Hope MS can convince me to buy an Xbox next go-around. Loved (and still do) my 360. PS4 though this gen has everything I want and given I just don't game like I used to, can't justify the Xbox with it's limited exclusives I don't care for atm.

That all said, liked seeing Spencer laying the groundwork for the next box.

So can I trade a game in to get the extra $5 for a pre-order, come back the next day with another game, and get the extra $5 if I put it towards the same game I pre-ordered the day before? Or do you only get the extra $5 for a new pre-order?

So can I trade a game in to get the extra $5 for a pre-order, come back the next day with another game, and get the extra $5 if I put it towards the same game I pre-ordered the day before? Or do you only get the extra $5 for a new pre-order?
I was told it has to be a new preorder each time. But I honestly don’t know if that’s policy or them just being picky.

It’s been a hot minute since there was an easily exploitable game trade deal. I remember they had them all the time last summer. I wonder if someone in their sales department wisened up.

I have been doing it the last two weeks. Went in probably five times and did two games for two different pre orders. I used 4/20 games that were valued at 3.00 and bumped to 8. So a three dollar bonus per game.
Paid off both pre orders. Just ask to put it on an existing pre order. It triggered the $5 on both in the same transaction.

I traded in a game the other day and said i wanted to put it towards a pre-order i already had $5 on and it triggered the $5 bonus. So I don't think it has to be a net new pre-order.

It's mostly likely to prevent a switcheroo since it's a promo offer. He was lying to you!

I've seen people trying to do returns like this with a buy2get1 free gift receipt, the ASM called the other store and made sure it wasn't part of the buy2get1...Just know, even with a gift receipt they can call the original store purchased from and shut you down.

It's mostly likely to prevent a switcheroo since it's a promo offer. He was lying to you!

I've seen people trying to do returns like this with a buy2get1 free gift receipt, the ASM called the other store and made sure it wasn't part of the buy2get1...Just know, even with a gift receipt they can call the original store purchased from and shut you down.
I'm going to go back to the store and hopefully get a different associate. The Switch he gave me has writing on the box and I didn't notice till I got home. I'll ask them for a gift receipt at that point

I'm going to go back to the store and hopefully get a different associate. The Switch he gave me has writing on the box and I didn't notice till I got home. I'll ask them for a gift receipt at that point
You could always return it to Wal-Mart without a receipt and get a gift card. That is my back up plan if I can't return the Switch to Gamestop to get an Xbox One X.

Don't forget to fill out the survey on your receipt to let Gamestop know about the craptacular service you received from that special employee who didn't give a gift receipt...

So what can I do going forward if they say they can't give me a gift receipt? And is that even possible or was he lying to me?
Walkout with your stuff and either try another store or just go home? Really not much you can do if the person behind the register isn't willing to do what you ask. You can report them or nail them on a survey I guess. I only ever did that once. Just doesn't seems like it is worth the trouble and possibly getting a rep at your local GS store.

Assuming he actually had a gift receipt....

What if he had a friend return it for store credit on a gift card? His friend can say it was a gift but doesn't want it and is saving up towards a XBox One X or whatever.

You could always return it to Wal-Mart without a receipt and get a gift card. That is my back up plan if I can't return the Switch to Gamestop to get an Xbox One X.
I doubt Walmart would do No Receipt Return for merchandise that tie down with unique serial number

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

[quote name="Smithers123" post="14011346" timestamp="1528948667"]
It's mostly likely to prevent a switcheroo since it's a promo offer. He was lying to you

I've seen people trying to do returns like this with a buy2get1 free gift receipt, the ASM called the other store and made sure it wasn't part of the buy2get1...Just know, even with a gift receipt they can call the original store purchased from and shut you down.[/quote
I believe you can only print a gift receipt if no other transaction have been done. So right after the original receipt prints.
Also I think it's much more likely the employee didn't know how to do it as that's a function very rarely used.

Doubt I will even have to go to Wal-Mart. Gamestop will most likely just let me return it.

You'd be surprised.
Go ahead and try. I've done multiple sealed games that way. The only things they can do is say no or tell you to exchange for exact same thing

Sealed games don't have serial numbers. Retailers DO keep detailed records of serials in their system. You need to give them a gov't issued ID for the non-receipt return. Folks - please don't get yourself arrested on retail fraud charges. Also, don't get these poor wal-mart employees fired over accepting a fraudulent return either.

http://help.walmart.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/121/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTI4OTg1MzYwL3NpZC9mVVpsMXFIaTBOT0dTd3MlN0V1enpQY3R2eVZMRGFWOEo4QlA4NUlIcEc4QUQ2TlJrNjV6b2tuZHN2TGk0eGpyUmxXdHpsTFlEc2FmSk84NWFIbHpERmRMVDRIZTJYWG9zZUhtQjVicFF3ZGRkY3hLMUJ1cEpSX3RqZyUyMSUyMQ%3D%3D

Non- Receipted Returns

Walmart will accept a non-receipted return or exchange provided it meets the following conditions:

• The refund verification process accepts the return.
  • The government issued ID must not be altered and is accepted by Walmart.
To return or exchange items without a receipt, you are required to present a valid government issued photo ID. Information from the customer ID will be stored in a secured database of returns activity that Walmart uses to authorize returns.

If an item is returned without a receipt and the refund verification process accepts it, the following options are available:

• If available, you may send the merchandise to the manufacturer for repair.
  • The merchandise may be exchanged for another item.
  • The merchandise may be returned and a cash refund provided if the refund value of the returned item is less than $25.
  • The merchandise will be returned and a shopping/gift card provided to the customer if the refund value of the returned merchandise is equal to or greater than $25 in value.

[quote name="spug21" post="14011452" timestamp="1528982768"]

[quote name="Smithers123" post="14011346" timestamp="1528948667"]
It's mostly likely to prevent a switcheroo since it's a promo offer. He was lying to you

I've seen people trying to do returns like this with a buy2get1 free gift receipt, the ASM called the other store and made sure it wasn't part of the buy2get1...Just know, even with a gift receipt they can call the original store purchased from and shut you down.[/quote
I believe you can only print a gift receipt if no other transaction have been done. So right after the original receipt prints.
Also I think it's much more likely the employee didn't know how to do it as that's a function very rarely used.[/quote]

So more than likely the associate doesn't know how to do it? I don't understand how a trade-in towards a new console would prevent a gift receipt from appearing. That doesn't sound right.

Honestly, it would have been easier to demand a full refund to store credit immediately, if they refused to give you a gift receipt. Ask for the DL's contact info. They'll figure out how to do it real quick that way...

Me too, I think you have to say a code word while posting in this thread in order to get an invite. I have yet to figure it out
Lets see if this works.....

volleyball
last
pump
waiting
rub
tasteful
seed
children
evanescent
present
mark
dress
remind
paste
stretch
psychotic
vein
encourage
prick
homeless
ring
health
animated
tiger
juggle
roof
nappy
eatable
versed
cry
vacation
dizzy
fire
wealth
statement
glue
longing
step
bad
disastrous
street
ball
number
meeting
nasty
previous
learn
efficient
cynical
well-made
laugh
wipe
huge
maid
door
use
level
enthusiastic
ancient
heap
doll
continue
hollow
exotic
bored
whistle
save
slope
prefer
languid
pastoral
tense
umbrella
donkey
rainy
peaceful
rot
men
protect
clip
resonant
adorable
corn
scarf
brawny
military
dry
unwieldy
pointless
utter
cap
swing
hope
writer
spiritual
gorgeous
credit
rare
snow
faded
plant
prepare
wire
stare
available
lake
vagabond
tax
sky
jail
suit
boorish
lettuce
scene
pinch
substantial
gaudy
graceful
position

I have been here a little over a year. I remember seeing the sheets and then them being put behind a three month wall and then finally being in cag anniversary and then finally being over and done with.

So close but so far away

What do they require to turn in a PS4? Just the console, controller, power cable and HDMI cable? Or do I have to bring in a micro USB cable for charging the controller as well?

Did the deal again. This time traded in my Launch PS4 for the $250 Switch deal. Then returned the Switch and traded in a PS3 for $80 towards the PS4 Pro. Ended up with a PS4 Pro for the cost of a launch PS4 and a fat PS3 plus $20 trade credit.

Did the deal again. This time traded in my Launch PS4 for the $250 Switch deal. Then returned the Switch and traded in a PS3 for $80 towards the PS4 Pro. Ended up with a PS4 Pro for the cost of a launch PS4 and a fat PS3 plus $20 trade credit.
Wouldn't you have to pay $50 out of pocket to get the Switch?

Usually it does, going by the last several 50% bonus coupons we've had. Mine always gave me 70% total.
ok thank you. I got a couple of them from e3 that also come with b2g1 used that are only good for next week so if it goes to 70% I’m gonna ha e to use them

ok thank you. I got a couple of them from e3 that also come with b2g1 used that are only good for next week so if it goes to 70% I’m gonna ha e to use them
Damn didn't know GameStop had coupons at e3. Would've asked my friend to grab the coupons for me...

Just traded in and none of my games got the $5 preorder bonus to an existing preorder...

Okay I want to do this. Did you get a gift receipt ? go to a different store? What was your procedure?

Please load me up with a buffet of Vitamins and Antioxidants.
I actually use G-Fuel. It's pretty good.

image_skuGAM4500510_largeImage_X_450_white.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back