GameStop Ninja Gaiden 3 Collector's Edition $29.99

[quote name='TooPoor']Razor's edge is coming to the PS3 and 360, FYI[/QUOTE]

Who are the playable characters in that version?

[quote name='ck76']Who are the playable characters in that version?[/QUOTE]
Ryu and extra mission featuring Ayane (綾音). If you haven't played NG3 now, DO NOT PLAY IT AND PLAY RAZOR'S EDGE INSTEAD.

[quote name='TooPoor']Ryu and extra mission featuring Ayane (綾音). If you haven't played NG3 now, DO NOT PLAY IT AND PLAY RAZOR'S EDGE INSTEAD.[/QUOTE]

You can play as Momiji and Kasumi also in Mission Challenges (essentially single-player mode without cutscenes/stories) for time/score attack.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']You can play as Momiji and Kasumi also in Mission Challenges (essentially single-player mode without cutscenes/stories) for time/score attack.[/QUOTE]
Listen to Lancer, I'm no expert in this.
But Kasumi *drools*

[quote name='LancerEvoX']You can play as Momiji and Kasumi also in Mission Challenges (essentially single-player mode without cutscenes/stories) for time/score attack.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good variety. I passed on 3, but with all these additions I'll check it out.

[quote name='ck76']Sounds good variety. I passed on 3, but with all these additions I'll check it out.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever played NG Sigma 2? It has an online co-op feature added back in that's pretty much similar to Sigma 2's.

Just a heads up Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge is coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 on April 2nd. So you might wanna wait for that version.

[quote name='bruceg']Lol Maybe I should be the fifth one on this page to say that Razor's edge is coming... So much for Wii U exclusivity.[/QUOTE]
since i was the first one who said it, maybe i should say it again. ;-)

in other threads, no one believes me when i said it will not stay exclusive. it's just like ng2. ms published it and called it 360 exclusive. it didn't stop tecmo for bring sigma 2 out on ps3 a year later. bayonetta 2 will be the same, time exclusive, but no one believes me either because the big N will be publishing.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']since i was the first one who said it, maybe i should say it again. ;-)

in other threads, no one believes me when i said it will not stay exclusive. it's just like ng2. ms published it and called it 360 exclusive. it didn't stop tecmo for bring sigma 2 out on ps3 a year later. bayonetta 2 will be the same, time exclusive, but no one believes me either because the big N will be publishing.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that since Nintendo is paying to make it.

[quote name='diazt350']I doubt that since Nintendo is paying to make it.[/QUOTE]
Also the fact that Platinum Games tried selling the idea of Bayonetta 2 to nearly every publisher, but only Nintendo bit. That and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge was published by Tecmo Koei in Japan and everywhere outside of there was Nintendo.

[quote name='diazt350']I doubt that since Nintendo is paying to make it.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what peoeple said about NG3 RE on Wii U. Look what happened to it now. The point is, Nintendo pays or not, the IPs does not belong to Nintendo so Nintendo does not have a final say on those games (NG3RE or Bayonetta2). It's different when Teamninja made Metroid Other M for Nintendo. That will stay on Nintendo platforms because Metroid is Nintendo's IP.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']That's exactly what peoeple said about NG3 RE on Wii U. Look what happened to it now.[/QUOTE]

Difference is that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist at all, where as REis an update of the already -made game. It's as likely as Mario Galaxy getting ported to the Xbox.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Difference is that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist at all, where as REis an update of the already -made game. It's as likely as Mario Galaxy getting ported to the Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Again, the IP is still Platinum Games and if some day, Sega says, yeah, we want to have a Bayonetta 2 on XBox/Playstion systems, Platinum Games will make it and Nintendo can't do anything to stop them. I understand you argument, but since it does exist now, if Sega gives the nod, it can come out to other systems.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Again, the IP is still Platinum Games and if some day, Sega says, yeah, we want to have a Bayonetta 2 on XBox/Playstion systems, Platinum Games will make it and Nintendo can't do anything to stop them. I understand you argument, but since it does exist now, if Sega gives the nod, it can come out to other systems.[/QUOTE]
I think you make a valid point but it depends on the contract or deal that is between Platinum and Nintendo. Maybe the deal is that they aren't allowed to release the game on any other console ever. Or maybe it's like you said with Ninja gaiden, a timed exclusive; only time will tell.

Most exclusives with 3rd party titles are usually only exclusive for a certain amount of time. There may be some exceptions but I can't recall any. If there is money to be made you know they are going to put the title out on as many platforms as they can.

[quote name='D.Choy']I think you make a valid point but it depends on the contract or deal that is between Platinum and Nintendo. Maybe the deal is that they aren't allowed to release the game on any other console ever. Or maybe it's like you said with Ninja gaiden, a timed exclusive; only time will tell.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. As I was trying to explain the NG3RE situation in other NG threads prior to the latest news about the title going multiplatform, most people think I'm crazy and think Nintendo funded 3rd party projects are automatically Nintendo's for life. That's just not the case. Nintendo paid money to have it first, especially when launching a new system; they need all the perks they can get to attract would-be buyers.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Difference is that Bayonetta 2 wouldn't exist at all, where as REis an update of the already -made game. It's as likely as Mario Galaxy getting ported to the Xbox.[/QUOTE]

this. nintendo did not publish RE whereas bayonetta 2 is being published by them. nintendo owns the rights to publish bayonetta 2. now whether this timed or permanent who knows....i cant see platinum games who is releasing this game and another on the Wii U going out of its way to piss of nintendo by trying to get around that and release bayonetta 2 on another console.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Again, the IP is still Platinum Games and if some day, Sega says, yeah, we want to have a Bayonetta 2 on XBox/Playstion systems, Platinum Games will make it and Nintendo can't do anything to stop them. I understand you argument, but since it does exist now, if Sega gives the nod, it can come out to other systems.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry and as much as I wish you were right, you are not. I won't say we'll never seen Bayonetta 2 on other consoles as we don't know what kind of contract they have with Platinum, but it's likely it will remain a Nintendo exclusive. Nintendo not only funded this game, but they are also publishing it.

You can go do the research yourself, no 3rd party title published solely by Nintendo (there's games that have been published by Nintendo in only certain regions that have gone multiplatform, but worldwide published Nintendo 3rd party titles never have) has ever gone on a non-Nintendo console so far. At least concerning Gamecube, Wii, Wii-U, etc.

Bayonetta 2 is being published worldwide by Nintendo, no one else. Nintendo doesn't let go of anything they fully publish. Platinum Games is developing Bayonetta 2, Platinum Games owns the Bayonetta IP. But they do not own Bayonetta 2 anymore, Nintendo does. For all we know maybe PG did reach a contract deal with Nintendo to one day let it release elsewhere, but going on the current history we can only guess that it never will.

Sometimes it doesn't even take Nintendo to publish the title for them to keep an iron-grip on it. Take for example Resident Evil REmake and Resident Evil 0. Those were entirely developed and published by Capcom, one of the greediest video game publishers alive today... still Gamecube and Wii (port) exclusives even tho one of them (REmake) is considered one of their greatest games ever made. It all comes down to the contracts signed.

If anything this should be a lesson for those that stick to their guns when it comes to THIRD party exclusives.

Wii U also lost Rayman Legends. So outside of Nintendo titles we are looking at: Bayonetta 2, Zombi U (which will stay there most likely) and that other title I forget he name of there isn't much. But honestly, 90% of the reason I buy a Nintendo console is to play Nintendo games (Metroid, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy, Zelda, etc.)

Sadly I have Ninja Gaiden 3 for the 360 and Razor's Edge for the Wii U and even then I might heavily consider picking up Razor's Edge on the 360 (again) if they offer something more than what the Wii u offered. Honestly I am not really happy with how Team Ninja handled this release. First NG3 wasn't great and didn't live up to people's expectations. They then remade it for the Wii U which is great but if they intended to go multiplatform then they shouldn't have shafted all the people who supported it originally on the 360 / PS3.

I mean I picked up the CE of NG3 mainly for the DOA5 demo since I am a hardcore DOA fan but seriously they should have done something more for the 360 / PS3 fans that supported it when it wasn't that great. I mean offering Kasumi (as well as Ayane) as a playable character is pretty epic and should have been implemented from the start.

Sorry to bump this, but anyone else hve trouble with the statue? When their feet lock in, the Masked figure's arm doesn't bend the way it needs to to put his sword inside Ryu. If I do put the sword in, his legs don't lock into place.

bread's done
Back