Gamestop NOT Honoring Some Xenoblade Pre-Orders With The Artbook

[quote name='Vinny']Damn, that's not much of artbook. More pamphlet.[/QUOTE]

it at least looks to be high quality however. the graphics seem like Baten Kaitos HD (BK needs to be made with motion controls and 3D)

I just wanted to confirm that the artbook is sent to stores separate from the game itself.

My good friend is a gamestop employee and he let me look at the game itself since they already had received those but they had not received the book yet. He said for his store at least that it would be a first come first serve for the artbook. So if Joe Blow who pre ordered their game yesterday shows up before you to pick up his game and asks for the artbook, he might get yours.

So I suggest you pick up your copy as early as possible on Friday.

[quote name='AcidRain25']I just wanted to confirm that the artbook is sent to stores separate from the game itself.

My good friend is a gamestop employee and he let me look at the game itself since they already had received those but they had not received the book yet. He said for his store at least that it would be a first come first serve for the artbook. So if Joe Blow who pre ordered their game yesterday shows up before you to pick up his game and asks for the artbook, he might get yours.

So I suggest you pick up your copy as early as possible on Friday.[/QUOTE]
ah with that said looks like i know what i'm doing Friday morning, i dont mind being that Joe Blow

Well, I just got my copy of the art book. It's pretty nice. Probably the best preorder bonus I've seen. The cover is especially nice, as the characters all have impressions made on the page which makes them pop out.

Here's a pic:

xenoab.jpg

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']my gamestop had 8 preorders and only 4 books. I got my book today. they said they received an email stating there is a cutoff date for the book.[/QUOTE]

So did you just go by early to get the book or how did that work?

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']my gamestop had 8 preorders and only 4 books. I got my book today. they said they received an email stating there is a cutoff date for the book.[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you met the cutoff but were you one of the first 4?

I'm going to go there early Friday and hope my gamestop has them. I preordered on the 27th of march when I still saw the whole free artbook bonus online and had it arranged for in-store pick up.

I'll be kind of mad if I don't get this cause I wasn't going to get the game on release anyway due to limited funds from Tales of Graces. But because of how limited the game is and gamestop was throwing in an artbook I preordered. I really hope my gamestop has them.

[quote name='C56789']I'm going to go there early Friday and hope my gamestop has them. I preordered on the 27th of march when I still saw the whole free artbook bonus online and had it arranged for in-store pick up.

I'll be kind of mad if I don't get this cause I wasn't going to get the game on release anyway due to limited funds from Tales of Graces. But because of how limited the game is and gamestop was throwing in an artbook I preordered. I really hope my gamestop has them.[/QUOTE]

I've read that other CAGs are also doing instore pickup. I don't see that option online like when I did it for other games (not preorders). How is it done?

[quote name='Potatoeman']Did you get yours in the mail, or did you just go to gamestop and ask for it..?[/QUOTE]

My GameStop happens to have an extremely nice manger, which happens to be the reason I still shop there. Anyway, I'm not going to be in town on the release date, so I asked him if there was any way they could hold a book for me and he just gave it to me.

I'll be pretty mad if I don't get one. I preordered online when it said it was available (Beginning of March), but looking at my order now I don't see anything saying "Premium". I'll ask for one while I'm picking it up tomorrow if they don't give it to me. I should be fine, but still...

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I've read that other CAGs are also doing instore pickup. I don't see that option online like when I did it for other games (not preorders). How is it done?[/QUOTE]

Instore pickup might not be availble for all games because the store might not have the item instock. But when your buying a game that has in-store pickup it should give you the option during checkout if you want this game shipped to you or have it for pickup. It's usually availble for new games and sometimes preowned games. It depends on the store I think.

[quote name='TheJayxor392']Everyone really needs to chill out about this.

Where did everyone's sense of entitlement come from?[/QUOTE]

For me my sense of entitlement comes from: Watching a love of my life marry some guy who was a total jerk to me in high school. They're very wealthy as well.

So I want my artbook! lol
:-({|=

Seriously though... You pre-order, you should get the pre-order bonus. That bonus is the reason why you're buying the game early/on release day.

I got no problem with people getting denied an artbook for pre-ordering after the cut off date. The thing that bugs me is that some slob is going to get an artbook who pre-ordered after the cut off date.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']For me my sense of entitlement comes from: Watching a love of my life marry some guy who was a total jerk to me in high school. They're very wealthy as well.

So I want my artbook! lol
:-({|=

Seriously though... You pre-order, you should get the pre-order bonus. That bonus is the reason why you're buying the game early/on release day.

I got no problem with people getting denied an artbook for pre-ordering after the cut off date. The thing that bugs me is that some slob is going to get an artbook who pre-ordered after the cut off date.[/QUOTE]

:cry: If you come down to Nevada sometime, I'll buy you a beer.

On a side note, I really like my XBL Gamertag.

[quote name='jedimario']So did you just go by early to get the book or how did that work?[/QUOTE]

Because I'm awesome. My game was paid off and I asked the guy to hold me one so he just told me to take it. I'm a frequent customer.

Dammit, I ordered Feb 29, and it says Gamestop Exclusive, but not premium. And there's no bonus item in the order. And it says it's not shipped yet.

I'll see if I get a text today saying it's ready, and go check in the store. Was there yesterday buying LotR quiver, and I need to trade in the POS game anyways =P

[quote name='RabbitSuit']:cry: If you come down to Nevada sometime, I'll buy you a beer.

On a side note, I really like my XBL Gamertag.[/QUOTE]

Thanks RabbitSuit, you made my day! :applause:

LOL at your gamer tag.

There will be another love and artbook. Oh well, hopefully someone will provide high resolution scans or something of the artbook.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Thanks RabbitSuit, you made my day! :applause:

LOL at your gamer tag.

There will be another love and artbook. Oh well, hopefully someone will provide high resolution scans or something of the artbook.[/QUOTE]

I'll do you one better. Hit me up in Florida and we can down our memories in some private stock.

I called up my Gamestop, and they said anyone who pre-ordered before last Friday was going to get one.

So YMMV on the books.

I called up my Gamestop and they said they have the artbook for me. Will have to go pick it up early tomorrow to be sure.

Apparently wires got crossed at Gamestop. Not only did I receive a shipping notice for the game and artbook (separate items, both shipped quantity: 1), but I received notice that the game will be ready for in-store pickup. I called to confirm and they said they have an artbook set aside for me. :D

I wont be getting one unfortunately. I called my gamestop and they got no art books in. I'm dissapointed in that. :cry: maybe someone will scan their book online in the future.

Bah, I've been too busy to check my GS... I'm guessing I'm SoL but I'll be able to find out tomorrow I guess.

[quote name='AugustAPC']Well, I just got my copy of the art book. It's pretty nice. Probably the best preorder bonus I've seen. The cover is especially nice, as the characters all have impressions made on the page which makes them pop out.

Here's a pic:

xenoab.jpg
[/QUOTE]

How.. many preorder bonuses have you seen?:lol: They used to give out much larger artbooks in the past, like 100+ page magazine sized artbooks. That one looks shiner though...

I called my Gamestop and they said their boxes were sealed so they did not know how many artbooks they got. They also said that all the preorders in store had No Premium beside them which makes me strongly suspect that tomorrow will not be a pleasant day :(

EDIT: You know all this business about not ordering during the "promotional window" got me thinking...did the site actually say you would NOT get the artbook? I looked at the Darksiders II preorder stuff and it does not mention anything about a promotional window. Just saying...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']Bah, I've been too busy to check my GS... I'm guessing I'm SoL but I'll be able to find out tomorrow I guess.

How.. many preorder bonuses have you seen?:lol: They used to give out much larger artbooks in the past, like 100+ page magazine sized artbooks. That one looks shiner though...[/QUOTE]
With what game?

No artbook for me. I got at the store right at open no one else there and my store had zero artbooks, the clerk didn’t even know they were supposed to. I pre ordered 12/14 so before the artbook announcement. The clerk looked all over but they had none. The store had 10 preorders if that helps.

Called GS and they said they should be getting their shipment of the art book in today or tomorrow. wtf...I dont know if that's true or they're just dumb or what.

Whatever, I'm just not going to waste the time to pick up my preorder.

My gamestop supposedly didn't even get the artbook. I pre-ordered it at Feb 27. The clerk did say he'll try to set one aside for me if they do get it in. Freaking sucks though if I don't get it

Just got back from gamestop and I got my game and an artbook! I asked the guy at the counter about the art book after I paid for the game and he went in the back and found one! I was shocked cause a called yesterday and a person said they got no art books in. I'm glad i asked for it cause I would have walked out without one. That made my day today :)

I picked up my game today and the art book was right there with it. It looks nice!!! One of the better promos in a long while.

My manager said he's asking other stores around him to send him a couple extras because apparently a lot of people were asking him about the artbooks and why they didn't get any. Here's to hoping :p

the artbook is totally worth raising hell over, other games can shove it with the preorder DLC, this is how a preorder bonus should be

Got mine today. :)

Pre-ordered online a couple of days past the supposed cutoff date, and the receipt e-mail didn't say anything about a premium edition or preorder bonus or anything. But when I went to the store this morning, the guy gave me one, didn't even have to ask, so maybe it was included or maybe he was just being generous. :D

So there is hope for people like me who apparently missed the deadline but still placed a preorder. Good luck all.

Picked my game up with the artbook. They had enough to cover preorders and even checked to make sure if you were on the list.

Very cool preorder bonus, in a long time. But not as good as they were in the past (despite the high quality paper, it is still a stapled pamphlet). Before you ask which ones are better. Soul Calibur 2 had a lithograph and/or a giant art book. Wind Waker had OoT remastered. Even the Atlus DS art books have more content.

Excuse my rant. Inbetween paying for the game and getting out of my car I somehow dinged my art book cover. FML. Apparently the art book doesn't like me either.

My store got one artbook in. The guy took 10 minutes to find it.

It's much bette than I expected, but I feel sorry for the list of about 10 people who won't get one.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Called GS and they said they should be getting their shipment of the art book in today or tomorrow. wtf...I dont know if that's true or they're just dumb or what.

Whatever, I'm just not going to waste the time to pick up my preorder.[/QUOTE]

And that's the reason I NEVER preorder with GS anymore. I had to wait an extra 1-3 days on 3 separate occasions on the store to actually get the games I had preordered in. What the heck is the reason to preorder if not to have the game on it's release(aside from a nice promo, which I've been denied in the past as well)?

Well somehow they had mine... Usually I have bad luck with this shit. It's a dinky artbook with art we've all seen before, don't get upset if you don't get one.

[quote name='Mixer236']And that's the reason I NEVER preorder with GS anymore. I had to wait an extra 1-3 days on 3 separate occasions on the store to actually get the games I had preordered in. What the heck is the reason to preorder if not to have the game on it's release(aside from a nice promo, which I've been denied in the past as well)?[/QUOTE]

I've only had that happen on niche games that no one else would really want, and they are at the mercy of the supplier. Amazon has been days behind expected release dates on games. No reason to complain about the retailer, when the company pumping the games out are slow to ship.

[quote name='junkie88']No artbook for me. I got at the store right at open no one else there and my store had zero artbooks, the clerk didn’t even know they were supposed to. I pre ordered 12/14 so before the artbook announcement. The clerk looked all over but they had none. The store had 10 preorders if that helps. [/QUOTE]

So the GameStop clerk called and said they just got the art book in and I can come pick it up. Really happy she did that since I canceled the pre order and didn't buy the game. Now I have to figure out how to retract my negative review I left for the store.

bread's done
Back