GameStop Phone Calls...

slppedyoursster

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
I was eating dinner and the phone rang. It was a 1-800 # but I thought the heck with it, I'll answer it - it might be a chance to mess with someone.

Instead, I got a way too cheery, recorded, female voice exclaiming, "Hi, this is an important message from GameStop. Our records indicate you have $21.37 on your PowerUp Card or GameStop gift card. Be sure to come in and use your credit."

Really? You are calling me to order me in to use my credit? Go fuck off.

I was able to press 1 to be taken off their list. But still, that is ridiculous.

I came here to post just this. I was sitting down and missed the call but checked my voice mail and it said that I had $19 something in credit on my card. It was a pleasant surprise because I thought that I had zero. I haven't traded in anything in like 8 months.

Went to their site to check my balance and it said zero so I am incredibly confused.

Just called my local Gamestop. They said that they just had a lady come into the store saying the same thing and that they don't know what's going on and think it's a glitch. Bummer. :(

Sent a eMail to Gamestop reporting the problem maybe they'll do something cool to make up for it but I'm not holding my breath.

I missed this call while at work because my phone was set on silent. I listened to it while walking to my car, and was wondering if Gamestop hadn't gotten enough holiday foot traffic since they were trying to passive/aggressively make me spend my credit on something. That lady's recorded voice really was too happy throughout the message.

I got ya beat: $166 in credit.

But, seriously, the call kind of concerned me. Felt like was getting shaken down or something. GameStop credit doesn't expire does it? I feel weird. Like, violated, even. I'm going to go cut myself and maybe cry a little bit.

[quote name='Drizzt']I missed this call while at work because my phone was set on silent. I listened to it while walking to my car, and was wondering if Gamestop hadn't gotten enough holiday foot traffic since they were trying to passive/aggressively make me spend my credit on something. That lady's recorded voice really was too happy throughout the message.[/QUOTE]

At first the Gamestop employee I talked to said that they don't think it was actually Gamestop but then I told her how I've only had my new phone # for a couple weeks and I did give the number to Gamestop when I ordered Too Human back when it on sale for $5 and she then changed her tone and talked to the manager and they were both just confused and told me to contact the Gamestop support #.

[quote name='GUNNM']if one of these gamestop employees commits suicide its your fault now apparently[/QUOTE]

If that's a reference to what I think it is than that doesn't make much sense considering the context of my call.

I got the call (and also got an email)... the message kept stopping at random points and restarting. I've only had the credit for a week. The best part is that they got the amount wrong because I already used half of it yesterday.

I'm not a fan of their indiscriminate pre-order notification calls. I got one a little while back - "Hi this is Gamestop, your WiiU will be available for pick up tomorrow ...". Yeah, good thing one of my kids didn't answer the phone. They need to give you an option to opt out of that.

I got the same call yesterday. I felt the same way about it. I was like fuck this. I know I can spend my credit but I don't need the dam store bugging me about it. I already hate going in store to deal with pushy employees and now you are calling to be pushy? fuck that.

Turns out I actually did have credit. I guess it was on a Gamestop gift card that I used to have. No idea what happened to it. I think when I signed up PowerUp Rewards the employee took it because he said put the balance on it? I'm confused. Anyways, I contacted Gamestop on their site and got a response and they gave me the # of the gift card with the credit on it but I don't know the pin.

Oh well, I'm received worse phone calls.

I also got a phone call sometime last week. It may have been the same "person" that calls every so often for a game I preordered (don't always get these calls for some reason).

I just got a call too for this about ten minutes ago. Apparently I have money on my card and I didn't know it. I understand calling to let me know, but do they really have to do it at 4 AM?

I received a call stating that I have Gamestop credit too - however, I used up all of my credit long ago and never had it on any cards seperate from my PowerUp account. Odd.

I had received a few calls when I knew for a matter of fact that my powerup card had nothing on it.

HOWEVER. I was cleaning up the house and I found a random gift card, who knows how long it had been there. It had exactly the amount they said it did that I thought they were full of shit about.

I'm pretty happy.

I received a phone call and an email saying I had $11.04 on my Powerup card and I was 95% certain I didn't have any credit but when they scanned the card in the store I showed I did I have the credit but for whatever reason it couldn't be used. After me and an associate at the store calling customer service it was finally narrowed down to a failed transaction in 2010 that had been holding up my $11.04 in credit. The hold was removed on it and I had $11.04 to apply towards Anarchy Reigns, to bad I didn't receive any interest for it.

bread's done
Back