Gamestop Power Traders promotion - trade games, collect stamps, earn $10 coupon

wlau

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Looks like Gamestop has a new YMMV promotion. For every $10 you trade in, you earn a stamp on your Gamestop Power Traders card. When you accumulate 10 stamps, your card becomes a $10 off coupon.

For example:

Let's say you trade in 4 x360 games for a base value of $26.00. After edge and bonuses (+ $10 for every 2 games), the value goes up to $48.60. Your transaction would net you 4 stamps.

Front:
347tbes.jpg

Back:
166zuys.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea where this is being used? I'm going to trade in games to 2 separate stores tomorrow in NJ so I'll confirm if they are doing it here or not.

Edit - I'm going to assume that this promotion is going on in the markets that don't get many trades. This kind of deal would be great for me. I trade in about $200 worth of stuff every 10-15 days.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Any idea where this is being used? I'm going to trade in games to 2 separate stores tomorrow in NJ so I'll confirm if they are doing it here or not.

Edit - I'm going to assume that this promotion is going on in the markets that don't get many trades. This kind of deal would be great for me. I trade in about $200 worth of stuff every 10-15 days.[/quote]

Dark, I'm in NJ. Northern part, near PA. Traded in a few games tonight but wasn't offered this promo so I'll be very interested to see how you make out.

[quote name='bgame2']Dark, I'm in NJ. Northern part, near PA. Traded in a few games tonight but wasn't offered this promo so I'll be very interested to see how you make out.[/quote]

I'm in northern part of NJ too, but near NYC. I'll report back tomorrow.

North Jersey here too, doesn't sound like a bad deal I suppose :p

Oh wow, lots of people in north NJ huh? I will probably head out to Willowbrook tomorrow and see what's up there.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Any idea where this is being used? I'm going to trade in games to 2 separate stores tomorrow in NJ so I'll confirm if they are doing it here or not.

Edit - I'm going to assume that this promotion is going on in the markets that don't get many trades. This kind of deal would be great for me. I trade in about $200 worth of stuff every 10-15 days.[/QUOTE]

Wow, pardon my asking, but how is that even possible? That either must be super-new stuff, or you must score big all over the place and do a lot of flipping.

[quote name='SDC']Wow, pardon my asking, but how is that even possible? That either must be super-new stuff, or you must score big all over the place and do a lot of flipping.[/quote]

he has hoarder aids

this wold have been helpful 2 weeks ago when I had a $315.40 trade in. But thanks for this I'm probably about to trade in Madden and Star Wars TFU

Extra $10 credit for every $100 traded in, so we're talking like 25 cents extra on 40 games traded in per game (avg trade of $2.5 credit per game). Or like an extra dollar per game traded in for 10 traded in games. Not worth it to me.

[quote name='J7.']Extra $10 credit for every $100 traded in, so we're talking like 25 cents extra on 40 games traded in per game (avg trade of $2.5 credit per game). Or like an extra dollar per game traded in for 10 traded in games. Not worth it to me.[/quote]

How the fuck is it not worth it? If you are trading in anyway why not get the extra boost?

Now if this stacks with the other bonuses then its easy way to add on. If not then its still easy way to add extra money for games you are trading in to GS anyway.

Yeah, no one's saying to trade *extra* because of this. Just something to keep in your wallet, like when you buy seven frozen yogurts. Might as well get that eigth one for free!

it stacked for me with the current trade in promo. traded in 4 games that netted me $47.50 after the trade 2 get $10 promo and got 4 stamps.

why do this when you can easily make way more than 10 dollars by trading your games on ebay, craigslist, or even gamecrazy?

[quote name='J7.']Extra $10 credit for every $100 traded in, so we're talking like 25 cents extra on 40 games traded in per game (avg trade of $2.5 credit per game). Or like an extra dollar per game traded in for 10 traded in games. Not worth it to me.[/quote]

If your average trade is $2.50 per game, you're doing it wrong. ;)

[quote name='sayHey']why do this when you can easily make way more than 10 dollars by trading your games on ebay, craigslist, or even gamecrazy?[/quote]

wow... :roll:

just because you dont like gamestop dosent mean everyone hates them... read any other gamestop thread for reasons as to why people go there instead of ebay

its not that i don't like gamestop, i just think there are places that give you a much better trade in value for your used stuff

nothing personal against the company.

If your average trade is $2.50 per game, you're doing it wrong. ;)

[quote name='sayHey']why do this when you can easily make way more than 10 dollars by trading your games on ebay, craigslist, or even gamecrazy?[/quote]

Believe it not, sometimes trading a game to Gamestop is the best deal.

[quote name='newguy 87']this wold have been helpful 2 weeks ago when I had a $315.40 trade in. But thanks for this I'm probably about to trade in Madden and Star Wars TFU[/quote]

I'd laugh to see a guy taking out three cards and punching them all the way full.

I may stop in GS during lunch. I'll ask if they know anything about this promo. Maybe my Gamestops were just assuming I had the card already considering that I'm there multiple times a week.

[quote name='illini1010']wow... :roll:

just because you dont like gamestop dosent mean everyone hates them... read any other gamestop thread for reasons as to why people go there instead of ebay[/quote]

Someone has to say it, if we ever had a GS thread without someone saying "go to ebay blah, blah, blah" then I think the world would implode.

Has anyone confirmed the location of these cards and what regions are activated? My area tends to not get these market testing promos, so I'm curious what states people are in who have them.

You're totally right. I'm never going to Gamestop again, because your post showed me the light. Thanks so much for your secret insight!

Is that what you expect replies to be when you post something like this? Do you think there are people who are on this forum who don't know about eBay or Craigslist as a source of selling games?

Derrr to you, sir.

That being said, I would love to have this card start in my area as long as they don't use it as an excuse to cut down on their other trade-in promotions.

[quote name='benjamouth']Someone has to say it, if we ever had a GS thread without someone saying "go to ebay blah, blah, blah" then I think the world would implode.[/quote]

Probably.

Anyway, the unfortunate reality is that GameStop threads are always going to have people trolling and/or supplying useless information. That's just how it is. I think we all know by now that GS' values usually stink, so you seriously don't need to post about it, as if you're somehow showing us the light.

Lastly, I hope they extend this promotion nationwide. It's not much, really, but I'll take every little bit I can get. It's another nice, little incentive to trade at GS, at least when they have the bonuses.

[quote name='joshnorm']How the fuck is it not worth it? If you are trading in anyway why not get the extra boost?

Now if this stacks with the other bonuses then its easy way to add on. If not then its still easy way to add extra money for games you are trading in to GS anyway.[/quote]
I said not worth it to me. I do not trade in to Gamestop anyways.

[quote name='J7.']I said not worth it to me. I do not trade in to Gamestop anyways.[/quote]

Then why would you care post in this thread?...But BACK TO THE TOPIC..

I wish this would be availiable at my Gamestop, I am going to check it out tomorrow and post the results I get.

[quote name='salty tbone']If your average trade is $2.50 per game, you're doing it wrong. ;)

Believe it not, sometimes trading a game to Gamestop is the best deal.[/quote]
Are you talking about the math or something else? Because 40 games times $2.50 each = $100 and 25 cents times 40 games = $10. $100 + $10 = $110...

[quote name='J7.']Are you talking about the math or something else? Because 40 games times $2.50 each = $100 and 25 cents times 40 games = $10. $100 + $10 = $110...[/quote]

He's implying that if your average TIV for games is $2.50, you're picking the wrong games to trade in.

[quote name='smarkbran']Then why would you care post in this thread?...But BACK TO THE TOPIC..

I wish this would be availiable at my Gamestop, I am going to check it out tomorrow and post the results I get.[/quote]
I was giving my opinion of how good I think this deal is, and I threw in the math to show what people are really looking at. People often reply about things from their perspective. In fact, you can say that everyone's perspective voiced about a deal is in relation to their own situation. If you have a fucking problem with it you can do what most people do, ignore those posts.

So NJ and parts of California are doing this...has anyone heard anything of N. Va?

I doubt it would happen but its worth checking out but would like to know before I go in and ask about it.

[quote name='GuardianE']He's implying that if your average TIV for games is $2.50, you're picking the wrong games to trade in.[/quote]
Okay, that's the only other thing I could think of what he may have meant. I picked 40 because most of the deals I've seen for gamestop games tend to be that amount, $2.50 trade in.

Who else is going to give me $12.70 for a copy of Fear Files I paid $10 for with BBV credit? Flippers routinely get over $100 in trades and it's a nice extra bonus. I just wish my GS was doing it.

Forty games? Haha, most of us could do it with nine. Ten on a bad day. I'm sure my close Gamestop is not doing this. They almost never do anything.

bread's done
Back