Gamestop Power Traders promotion - trade games, collect stamps, earn $10 coupon

wlau

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Looks like Gamestop has a new YMMV promotion. For every $10 you trade in, you earn a stamp on your Gamestop Power Traders card. When you accumulate 10 stamps, your card becomes a $10 off coupon.

For example:

Let's say you trade in 4 x360 games for a base value of $26.00. After edge and bonuses (+ $10 for every 2 games), the value goes up to $48.60. Your transaction would net you 4 stamps.

Front:
347tbes.jpg

Back:
166zuys.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='monkeydeew']does this work on new as well as used games?[/quote]

You're trading in games, so..if you were to trade in a new game, they'd probably force you to open it and trade it in, thus making it used.

If you're asking about the $10 off, the card doesnt state if the purchase has to be new or used, so probably just $10 off in general

so i trade in 2 wii games base value 5 each, the subtotal is 10 but after bonuses i get 20.10. 2 stamps and 2 scans? i'd rather hear from someone who actually knows the rules than random internet crying about what it should be

[quote name='J7.']Extra $10 credit for every $100 traded in, so we're talking like 25 cents extra on 40 games traded in per game (avg trade of $2.5 credit per game). Or like an extra dollar per game traded in for 10 traded in games. Not worth it to me.[/quote]

Yeah, nobody can use extra money.credit on trades they planned on making anyway. It's just not worth it. Money you didn't have before. Money you didn't have before and don't have to work for. It just isn't worth it.

I checked with several managers at my local GS including the DM and they all said they never heard of this POWERTRADERS promotion. It must be region specific and/or a TEST MARKET thing for GS to see if it works in the regions where they do not get very many trades maybe ??

P.S. I am in Cali.

[quote name='brighenne']Are you sure this is a $10 off coupon? I was told that it was for an extra $10 trade-in value.[/quote]
Wouldn't that technically be the same thing? $10 extra in credit is essentially a $10 off coupon.

[quote name='Xfactor4']I checked with several managers at my local GS including the DM and they all said they never heard of this POWERTRADERS promotion. It must be region specific and/or a TEST MARKET thing for GS to see if it works in the regions where they do not get very many trades maybe ??

P.S. I am in Cali.[/quote]

I know it's going on in Berkeley, CA where they get quite a few trades.

[quote name='SniDa']Wouldn't that technically be the same thing? $10 extra in credit is essentially a $10 off coupon.[/quote]

Not really, a $10 coupon would let you just take $10 off a purchase, trade in value could be a problem if you don't have anything else worthwhile to trade in.

Damn. Forgot to ask about the power traders card when I did a trade-in there yesterday.

Anyway, most likely they wouldn't have it in Oregon...yet.

[quote name='gi60']None in Orange County, SoCal.[/quote]

I've been told they randomly select ppl to be in the program on the sales receipt, I'm not convinced. I'm in So. Cal.

Best bet is to just start calling up stores to find out...there are 6 stores near me, but only two participate in the program (according to district, apparently). Make sure to ask specifically about the cards and punches, some employees think you're talking about the regular trade in promos. :roll:

Not sure exactly how this work. I am not even sure if the employees know how it works.

So I had a card with 8 stamps. I brought in 4 games from BBV to flip. Total was like $43. The clerk filled up the card with two stamps and gave me a new card with the other two stamps. He tried to redeem the filled card but couldn't. The manager tried to redeem it but couldn't. They said I have to use it to purchase something next time. I thought you just get the $10 credit with the trade in added to your balance on the Edge card. Guess we'll see next time I purchase something.

[quote name='DrNo888']Not sure exactly how this work. I am not even sure if the employees know how it works.

So I had a card with 8 stamps. I brought in 4 games from BBV to flip. Total was like $43. The clerk filled up the card with two stamps and gave me a new card with the other two stamps. He tried to redeem the filled card but couldn't. The manager tried to redeem it but couldn't. They said I have to use it to purchase something next time. I thought you just get the $10 credit with the trade in added to your balance on the Edge card. Guess we'll see next time I purchase something.[/quote]

the 10$ xtra credit cant be combined with the current trade 2 bonus 10.

bread's done
Back