Gamestop PowerupRewards Holiday Calendar Sale - Week 4 Up

poker360

Banned
http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/HolidayOffers

Gamestop is having an exclusive sale for power up members. Here is the calendar:

Week Four:

ho_calendar_12-18.png

Week Three:

ho_calendar_12-11.png

Week Two:
ho_calendar_12-4.png

Week One:
powerupsale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ha ha time to take a big 150 ps2 game trip to best buy lol lol

thanks gamestop

i will clean up with this ps2 deal and b2g1 deal and bb

[quote name='darkvulture']ha ha time to take a big 150 ps2 game trip to best buy lol lol

thanks gamestop

i will clean up with this ps2 deal and b2g1 deal and bb[/QUOTE]

Good minds think alike :). I always get curious looks from other customers and gs employes when I buy all of those those 99 cent games lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']Good minds think alike :). I always get curious looks from other customers and gs employes when I buy all of those those 99 cent games lol[/QUOTE]
I've never traded in to BB before since we don't have one here, how exactly do you flip 7 year old sports games?

[quote name='beefytwinkie']Is White Knight Chronicles 2 still $40 in-store? If it is, that would make it $20 on Friday. That's a pretty good deal for that game, I think. I'll grab it if it is that cheap on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Nope it went back up to $60. Unless it gets a price drop on Wed., it will be $40 on Friday.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I might rack up on 99 cent ps2 games. With this 50% off (60 with card) I can get 3 for 80 cents ![/QUOTE]

But the B2G1 Free starts Thursday so how are you getting 3 for $0.80?

I called my Gamestop about when B2G1 free starts for Pro members and they are so clueless. They said there's no official date, but they think it's sometime this weekend. Lol.

[quote name='cheapfrag']But the B2G1 Free starts Thursday so how are you getting 3 for $0.80?[/QUOTE]

It's 50/60% off used PS2 games on Tuesday.

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's 50/60% off used PS2 games on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

buts its only for tuesday and the sale starts thursday. Am I missing something here?

[quote name='MSUHitman']It's 50/60% off used PS2 games on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Right, which gets you 2 (two) $0.99 PS2 games for $0.80, not 3 (three).

[quote name='CaseX']I called my Gamestop about when B2G1 free starts for Pro members and they are so clueless. They said there's no official date, but they think it's sometime this weekend. Lol.[/QUOTE]

The poweruprewards web site states that the early access for the B2G1 Free is on Thursday, December 8th only.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Nope it went back up to $60. Unless it gets a price drop on Wed., it will be $40 on Friday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was looking to buy WKC2 but the $20 off doesn't help just to have it drop to $40 when it's been $30 other places already. You can buy it right now online at Walmart for $29.96 (was $49.96)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/White-Knight-Chronicles-2-PS3-PlayStation-3/16679571

(Dont' bother perusing the Walmart 2 for $30 bundle, no game there is worth over $10.)

Plus a bunch of B1G1 50% off sales this week - Amazon, Best Buy, TRU - would make it $30 in certain cases.

If I wanted to buy it for $40 Gamestop, I probably would have already bought it for $60.

[quote name='aptanor']I've never traded in to BB before since we don't have one here, how exactly do you flip 7 year old sports games?[/QUOTE]

i'm wondering the same thing

also does best buy care if the case has a gamestop pre owned sticker on it?

Wow, 50% off PS2 games is awesome. If I had money I'd buy up everything I've been on the fence about. I assume this 60% figure is factoring in the Power Up Rewards discount, but since the 50% off is PUR only anyway they won't stack right?

[quote name='nitman99']Wow, 50% off PS2 games is awesome. If I had money I'd buy up everything I've been on the fence about. I assume this 60% figure is factoring in the Power Up Rewards discount, but since the 50% off is PUR only anyway they won't stack right?[/QUOTE]

I think you just need atleast the reg card to get early access. The silver card members should be able to stack the extra 10%

[quote name='MSUHitman']Nope it went back up to $60. Unless it gets a price drop on Wed., it will be $40 on Friday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rjejr']Yeah, I was looking to buy WKC2 but the $20 off doesn't help just to have it drop to $40 when it's been $30 other places already. You can buy it right now online at Walmart for $29.96 (was $49.96)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/White-Knight-Chronicles-2-PS3-PlayStation-3/16679571

(Dont' bother perusing the Walmart 2 for $30 bundle, no game there is worth over $10.)

Plus a bunch of B1G1 50% off sales this week - Amazon, Best Buy, TRU - would make it $30 in certain cases.

If I wanted to buy it for $40 Gamestop, I probably would have already bought it for $60.[/QUOTE]

Thank you both for the information.

Unfortunately there is no Walmart around me so I will have to wait. No big deal, though. I scored a ton of games over the holiday and have enough games to keep me busy for a long time. I guess this is good, though. I can save a little money!

So... I'm more then a little confused here. I can't tell, and the calendar doesn't seem to say for sure -are these deals actually in store? I went by my local store last week for the Tekken 6 deal and the store manager 'pretended' to look up the ad and claimed that it was just a different price in store, still $20 in store he claimed.

This was made stranger by the fact that I was referring to the title for $16.99 as it was listed on sale, and he was saying the online price was different... But the online price at that time was $14.99. Now, my gut tells me that this guy was a dumbass, and if I'm right I've got half a mind to call corporate because I'm closing in on 30 years old and the store manager was talking down to me like a child.... But when I look at the ad, the only sure-fire reference I can find to being in store or online is "Offers are available only to PowerUp Rewards members and members must use/swipe their membership card to receive offers or discounts." Obviously a little deduction and reading in will remind us all that you can't swipe your card online... But is there anything more solid than this? Personally I'd really love to go down there for the sale on Thursday and give the guy a piece of my mind when he tells me the sale isn't on yet.

[quote name='akuma77']who else is clearing their entire GS credit for $.99 ps2 games tomorrow for BBY?[/QUOTE]
$.99 PS2 games... what?

[quote name='Optical']$.99 PS2 games... what?[/QUOTE]

buy hundreds of ps2 .99 cent games and flip them all duh

[quote name='xenozfan2']how many ps2 games will best buy take at once? And how many of the same copy?[/QUOTE]

3 of same copy and as many as u can hold. i wouldn't reccomend more than 35-40 though...

[quote name='Barry Burton']i'm wondering the same thing

also does best buy care if the case has a gamestop pre owned sticker on it?[/QUOTE]Think about what you are asking. Now think about it harder. The answer should come to you.
They might take it, but that is not a wise thing to do at all

[quote name='akuma77']who else is clearing their entire GS credit for $.99 ps2 games tomorrow for BBY?[/QUOTE]Just an FYI, walking into Best Buy with a couple hundred disk only ps2 games is a very good way to get your trade account flagged (and likely banned) these days.

I have personally traded in almost 550 PS2 games so far. The employees like me there and have no problem with my trade in. Now corporate might be a different story but the store hasn't minded so far. I also spend the credit almost immediately.

[quote name='HandsomeDan']So... I'm more then a little confused here. I can't tell, and the calendar doesn't seem to say for sure -are these deals actually in store? I went by my local store last week for the Tekken 6 deal and the store manager 'pretended' to look up the ad and claimed that it was just a different price in store, still $20 in store he claimed.

This was made stranger by the fact that I was referring to the title for $16.99 as it was listed on sale, and he was saying the online price was different... But the online price at that time was $14.99. Now, my gut tells me that this guy was a dumbass, and if I'm right I've got half a mind to call corporate because I'm closing in on 30 years old and the store manager was talking down to me like a child.... But when I look at the ad, the only sure-fire reference I can find to being in store or online is "Offers are available only to PowerUp Rewards members and members must use/swipe their membership card to receive offers or discounts." Obviously a little deduction and reading in will remind us all that you can't swipe your card online... But is there anything more solid than this? Personally I'd really love to go down there for the sale on Thursday and give the guy a piece of my mind when he tells me the sale isn't on yet.[/QUOTE]

The computer wouldn't have told him anything if he tried looking it up. He would have needed to scan your PUR card and the correct game SKU, the POS would have done all the work from there.

[quote name='boosted02gt']I have personally traded in almost 550 PS2 games so far. The employees like me there and have no problem with my trade in. Now corporate might be a different story but the store hasn't minded so far. I also spend the credit almost immediately.[/QUOTE]

How much do you get for the flipped games?

[quote name='boosted02gt']I have personally traded in almost 550 PS2 games so far. The employees like me there and have no problem with my trade in. Now corporate might be a different story but the store hasn't minded so far. I also spend the credit almost immediately.[/QUOTE]There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how an account gets flagged. It just seems that it happens at the store level. Also, just because the employees and manager are cool to you doesn't mean that your account hasn't been flagged. The only way you know is when you get banned. Plenty of people have been banned who had cool employees and Best Buy seems to have stepped up their "enforcement." I think you would be better off sprinkling out a few hundred disk only copies over a few weeks or months to play it safe. It doesn't seem like they are going to start offering less than $1 on games or stop taking ps2 games anytime soon. Better safe than sorry I think.

Heads up to those who want the b2g1 free on thursday.
Buy the pre-owned games NOW. and return and rebuy it later, especially for the hard to find copies.

[quote name='orangecrush']Think about what you are asking. Now think about it harder. The answer should come to you.
They might take it, but that is not a wise thing to do at all
[/QUOTE]

it's an honest question because you guys act like they will take anything if they are taking several year old sport games that don't even have a case

those pre owned stickers are a pain in the ass to tear off

So the B2G1 doesn't start on 12/6 like the title of this thread says? Op, can you please change the title if it starts Thursday? Thanks

how the hell do u know which PS2 games have any tiv value at BBY?

oh i get it...you trade 1 for 1 and make like 50 cents per title....just rofl

seems tempting but i dont want to get banned

So I just got my copy of Assassin's Creed Revelations from Best Buy's Black Friday sale. What are the chances I could swap it for a Signature Edition at one of my local Gamestops if I tell them I picked it up at one of their stores and got the wrong version?

[quote name='Barry Burton']it's an honest question because you guys act like they will take anything if they are taking several year old sport games that don't even have a case

those pre owned stickers are a pain in the ass to tear off[/QUOTE]just take the games in a cd case (book style with 4 disks per page).

[quote name='officerrickyross222']will the b2g1 be online thursday ? and anyone know the gamestop free value shpping code[/QUOTE]

They currently have free super value shipping. Also anyone know if the PS2 sale will be on line?

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']They currently have free super value shipping. Also anyone know if the PS2 sale will be on line?[/QUOTE]

is it automatic ? because when i checkout out it still charges me shipping

[quote name='akuma77']who else is clearing their entire GS credit for $.99 ps2 games tomorrow for BBY?[/QUOTE]
I had my closest GS pull 83 99 cent games for me to pick up tomorrow morning.
[quote name='akuma77']3 of same copy and as many as u can hold. i wouldn't reccomend more than 35-40 though...[/QUOTE]
[quote name='orangecrush']just take the games in a cd case (book style with 4 disks per page).[/QUOTE]
I'm taking all mine in on a 100 disk spindle. They might just initiate a ban on me because they'll be mad they had to manually look up all the titles. Unless they wise up and do the $1 generic title for all or most of them.

Hopefully, I can get to my local Gamestop before the flippers do. I actually want to play the PS2 games I want to buy, rather than make an easy profit.

Edit: You'll can have the sports titles, I have no interest in playing those.

bread's done
Back