Gamestop PowerupRewards Holiday Calendar Sale - Week 4 Up

poker360

Banned
http://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/HolidayOffers

Gamestop is having an exclusive sale for power up members. Here is the calendar:

Week Four:

ho_calendar_12-18.png

Week Three:

ho_calendar_12-11.png

Week Two:
ho_calendar_12-4.png

Week One:
powerupsale.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the two worlds info, is there a way to check all blockbuster games with that googling shopping some how? or would i have to think of each individual name of each game to look up? edit: or is there a way to get it to just show results from blockbuster after a search?

and I have to agree GI has gotten worse and worse with those ads, it's still decent toilet reading material though haha.

the 25 percent off wii games under $20 is live now... is there anything really worth getting that can't be found elsewhere for around the same price if not cheaper though?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']thanks for the two worlds info, is there a way to check all blockbuster games with that googling shopping some how? or would i have to think of each individual name of each game to look up? edit: or is there a way to get it to just show results from blockbuster after a search?

and I have to agree GI has gotten worse and worse with those ads, it's still decent toilet reading material though haha.[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately you would have to search name by name for which games you wanted to find. If there were a way to check the inventory of stores for all their games that'd be insane.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Fixed that for ya.;) The 'magazine' is like 60% fuckin' ads anymore and many of the reviews kiss too much ass if you ask me.[/QUOTE]I don't think the reviews kiss ass. They're usually quite descriptive and good at detailing the pros/cons of games...but the cover story/previews usually have annoyingly rose-tinted glasses, like the writer gets buddy-buddy with the developers every single time.

In spite of that, they have some truly phenomenal writing at times, so it's kind of a bipolar thing GI has going on. One minute they're shilling, next minute they're harmonizing eloquently on the industry as a whole.

The video game magazine industry is a shell of what it once was...if the commercialization/selling out keeps the pages flipping, it's a trade off for some of the top-shelf content they do present in their mag.

Is this an online only deal? Sorry didnt read through all 55 pages, but when i stopped in the local GS they claimed stupidity and said they heard of no 25% off WII games deal

[quote name='warnerdavid']Is this an online only deal? Sorry didnt read through all 55 pages, but when i stopped in the local GS they claimed stupidity and said they heard of no 25% off WII games deal[/QUOTE]
In store also. Next time pick the games you want, take them to the counter, have them scan your PUR card and the games. Sit back and watch the register do its magic.

[quote name='klimb22']In store also. Next time pick the games you want, take them to the counter, have them scan your PUR card and the games. Sit back and watch the register do its magic.[/QUOTE]

And watch the shock and awe on their faces. The freaked out on my B1G2 Guitar Hero purchase.

[quote name='kittenkya']Whoa a another BG2g1 free deal again
how bad is our wallets going to be damage at end of the month?[/QUOTE]

So the b2g1 starts tomorrow indtore right? Will it be online for instore pickup tonight at 12:00? Sorry I rarely shop at GS and I am a little unfamiliar with these sales.

Sorry if this was asking I'm lazy and in a hurry...

For to Two Worlds II deal on the website it just says you have to be a reward member and says NOTHING about "pro" membership. My pro membership expired but obviously I'm still a normal member. It should work for me right?

[quote name='slowdive21']So the b2g1 starts tomorrow indtore right? Will it be online for instore pickup tonight at 12:00? Sorry I rarely shop at GS and I am a little unfamiliar with these sales.[/QUOTE]

The b2g1 free starts thursday it looks like. It maybe online you just have to check it out

Ha, just noticed that my Beatles: Rock Band I picked up the other day still has an unused code for an XBL Beatles: Rock Band avatar T-shirt. Cool beans. :)

I want to get the 120GB External HD for the 360. Can I just switch it out with the one I have? It's the original white 360.

[quote name='klimb22']B2G1 starts Thursday December 22, 2011 for PUR members. In-store and online. https://www.poweruprewards.com/PUR/Index/HolidayOffers[/QUOTE]

I saw the calendar in the OP, but it is poor design. Why are those things in yellow if they aren't grouped together? I figured everything in yellow started on 12-20, but that is not the case. When I click on your link, I can see the date is 12-22-11. Thanks!

[quote name='YoungE808']I want to get the 120GB External HD for the 360. Can I just switch it out with the one I have? It's the original white 360.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I did. If you want to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new one you have to get a transfer cable. I'm pretty sure you could also do it using a USB drive but I'm not positive. I was able to find a transfer cable for pretty cheap at Amazon Warehouse.

I searched around briefly and saw nothing...ended up not heading over yesterday anyway. But again...does anybody know if you just need the NORMAL membership or the PRO membership to take advantage of the deals?

[quote name='JKSonic']I searched around briefly and saw nothing...ended up not heading over yesterday anyway. But again...does anybody know if you just need the NORMAL membership or the PRO membership to take advantage of the deals?[/QUOTE]

normal

Hooray, Halo Wars and Halo 3 for ~$15. Don't give me that look, I like RTS games.

Halo 3's going to go to my younger brother so we can play on Live together - it was less than $3, so why not?

[quote name='suwillgetu']Yeah that's what I did. If you want to transfer the data from the old HDD to the new one you have to get a transfer cable. I'm pretty sure you could also do it using a USB drive but I'm not positive. I was able to find a transfer cable for pretty cheap at Amazon Warehouse.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, can't really find a cheap one at Amazon atm but hopefully something will turn out!

Closest store is miles away and in a different city so online it is...yep shipping as usual for this company kills the deal. Lame that a 4 dollar game (ODST) has 3 dollar shipping not to mention the taxes.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']I can confirm that a USB drive'll work for HDD data transfers. Did that myself back when I bought myself an Elite model.[/QUOTE]

Good to know, so I presume I can just ferry over the data a few times with an 8gig USB and everything will be fine?

Not really a Holiday Calendar Item but

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition seems to have gotten a $10 cut. $20 new or $18 used

[quote name='backseatdog']I don't know anything about the 360, but do the 120 gb external hdd that are on sale tomorrow work on the xbox slim 4gb?[/QUOTE]
If you remove it from the casing yes IIRC

[quote name='zeke222']would the 20% off accessories work on the discounted hard drive or not?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that too. I'm certainly going to try.

For anyone wondering, ACC20 takes 20% off of used accessories.

[quote name='btw1217']I was wondering that too. I'm certainly going to try.

For anyone wondering, ACC20 takes 20% off of used accessories.[/QUOTE]

Most likely the deals won't overlap, since the HDD price gets knocked down if you have a power up card. I don't believe it'll ring up normally at $19.99.

[quote name='backseatdog']I don't know anything about the 360, but do the 120 gb external hdd that are on sale tomorrow work on the xbox slim 4gb?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does! Look up on Youtube on how to do it. It's easy.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Yes it does! Look up on Youtube on how to do it. It's easy.[/QUOTE]

awesome! I guess I know what I'm getting tomorrow.

Probably Midnight PST, at the earliest. Really wish I could lump this in with the B2G1free on Thursday...would love to get that and a few last minute gifts.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Fixed that for ya.;) The 'magazine' is like 60% fuckin' ads anymore and many of the reviews kiss too much ass if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to defend the quality of the magazine, but it's pretty obvious you don't read it. There might be 5-10% ads in it.

It's live now. ACC20 does NOT stack with this discount. It overwrites it, and you end up getting a lesser discount. During checkout, the website is tricked into thinking it's still $50 the entire time, so it gives you free shipping by mistake. At the order confirmation screen, it gave me free shipping but still showed that I was being taxed on the full $49.99, however after checking out, the tax corrected itself to just being taxed on the $19.99 and the free shipping still remained. $21.79 shipped for me!

[quote name='YoungE808']Good to know, so I presume I can just ferry over the data a few times with an 8gig USB and everything will be fine?[/QUOTE]I only had 1 problem with my data when I bought a hard drive a couple months ago from GS when they were like $25 for a 120 Gb one. That was the Xbox Original gamesaves that I had.

I was able to transfer all my 360 stuff with no problem. Gamesaves, themes, pics, etc. I don't think that installed games will transfer over, but you can always reinstall them if necessary.

But for some reason even using the transfer option on the 360, the console would not even show the 3-4 Xbox original games that I had saves for to be able to transfer them to the USB drive. I tried calling M$ just to see if I could talk them into sending me a free cable, but that didn't happen. So I wound up buying a transfer cable just to be able to move my Fable, Morrowind, and Halo game saves over. But after plugging in the transfer cable, they all transferred over properly.

So if the only stuff you have on your console is 360 data, then you should have no problem just using a USB stick for moving all your data between drives.

Looking to make a $100 purchase and using the harddrive as a filler today. But don't have a PUR number, let me know if you want some free points and pm me your PUR number.

[quote name='Ferrari Racer']Went to my nearest GS and got 3. One for me, my friend, and the third will be sold on Craigslist for a profit :D[/QUOTE]

What exactly are you profiting?... If you already bought 2 items and sell the 3rd that you got for free its not a profit, its like a discount of the former

bread's done
Back