GameStop Preorder Bonus - Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation DS - Slime Plush!

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=88788

181505_bonusLG.jpg

You know you want it. Bad.

Game is $34.99 and comes out 2/14. Just in time to give to your sweetie. Or yourself. Whoever would love this the most.

Check your email. I just got this:

Dear Valued Customer,

Due to inventory delays, your bonus item did not arrive in time to ship with your Dragon Quest VI: Realms Revelation game. We are shipping the bonus item tomorrow, and you can expect it to arrive according to your original delivery method. You will not be charged any additional shipping for the second package.

Please accept our apologies, and we hope to serve you again soon.

Sincerely,

GameStop.com Customer Service

[quote name='laaj']Basically you were an asshole customer. Do you get free meals at restaurants? Eat most of the meal and make a big scene about how terrible it was to get a free meal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slidecage']how am i an asshole customer.. maybe get your #$#$$# facts right before you open your mouth..

I was going to pay for faster shipping and GAMESTOP CHOOSE to over night it for free..

I said WANTED TO PAY for faster shipping if they wanted to OVERNIGHT IT FOR FREE THAT IS THEIR CHOICE... ALL THEY HAD TO SAY IS

YEA OVER NIGHT IS 9.99

and that would been that[/QUOTE]

Riiight.

You do that all the time. I'm sure they were just feeling sorry for you for not getting your stuff toy.

How many times have you called any CS at any online/B&M place and have gotten something out of it ?

You're the customers that retail people complain and loathe about.

I wish the plus was bigger. I wonder if this print run will be rare, or keep the high price. I'd like to pick it up not at the 35 price point.

I got a slime plushie for free today at a Gamestop. I went at midnight for a MvC3 tournament the other night (bought my copy at Amazon) and was told I couldnt play. I canceled my DQ preorder (guy said "if you arent going to buy mvc3 then I dont want you as a customer"). I went to another gamestop today, told asked them if they had a copy of DQVI and a plushie and the guy makes conversation with me and gives me an extra plushie for free (out of DQVI). There are good Gamestop people afterall.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I got a slime plushie for free today at a Gamestop. I went at midnight for a MvC3 tournament the other night (bought my copy at Amazon) and was told I couldnt play. I canceled my DQ preorder (guy said "if you arent going to buy mvc3 then I dont want you as a customer"). I went to another gamestop today, told asked them if they had a copy of DQVI and a plushie and the guy makes conversation with me and gives me an extra plushie for free (out of DQVI). There are good Gamestop people afterall.[/QUOTE]

You need to report the employee from the midnight launch to tellgamestop.com.

Got the plushie. My local gamestop is usually good about the preorder extras, but I definitely have to make the effort to get there early and ask for the item. Never had a pre-order item just given to me with the purchase. Usually they'll have to dig around in a cupboard and maybe they'll be a "oh, that's cool, i didn't know we had that".
The hardest time I've had was getting one of those Scribblenauts hats. The manager actually called me a few hours later and said he found one in back! I was like, you work at Gamestop?
There are always posts about people who get more than one....I don't begrudge that at all but I wish there was kind of support forum or something for the people who get more than one extra and are feeling generous to distribute to people who didn't...but how would you verify if someone actually got one or not.... ?

might be getting another one...

see this is what i dont see what is up with gamestop...

SENT THIS TUESDAY

I did not recieve the slime plush with my DQ 6 preorder please let me know what if anything can be done about this

the main reason i did the preorder online was to be 100% sure i would get the SLIME

Got this yesterday

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

There has been a slight delay in the Slime Plushies shipping out with online orders. We assure you that we are working to resolve this issue and have your bonus item will be shipped out with in a timely manner.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Sent this email back

Thank you for letting me know .. will keep a look out for the slime in the next few weeks :)

Last night around 11pm i get this back

Due to inventory delays, your bonus item did not arrive in time to ship with your Dragon Quest VI: Realms Revelation game. We are shipping the bonus item tomorrow, and you can expect it to arrive according to your original delivery method. You will not be charged any additional shipping for the second package.

So i guess that means they are shipping it today ..... No idea why they are overnighting it

EDIT GONE

Only 20% of the stores around me have gotten this in stock. I'm about to just go to Best Buy and get it. Also, someone is selling the game + plush on Amazon for $100. I hate people.

[quote name='vodkablast']Only 20% of the stores around me have gotten this in stock. I'm about to just go to Best Buy and get it. Also, someone is selling the game + plush on Amazon for $100. I hate people.[/QUOTE]

I love my slime, but if someone wanted to pay me $100 bucks for the set I would sell it too....

[quote name='slidecage']how am i an asshole customer.. maybe get your #$#$$# facts right before you open your mouth..

I was going to pay for faster shipping and GAMESTOP CHOOSE to over night it for free..

I said WANTED TO PAY for faster shipping if they wanted to OVERNIGHT IT FOR FREE THAT IS THEIR CHOICE... ALL THEY HAD TO SAY IS

YEA OVER NIGHT IS 9.99

and that would been that[/QUOTE]

Except you are not going to pay for it if they did charge you the $9.99, you're just being a prick and annoying some person on the phone trying to get free things because you think you are special. So his comment that you are the type of person that would complain about a half eaten meal at a restaurant is quite accurate.

You also seem to be a pretty awesome internet thug with your quick combination of rage and insults, and a whole lot of caps lock problems.

[quote name='shrike4242']
PREMIUM, SLIME PLUSHIE DRAGONQ 1 0 $0.00 Backordered N/A[/QUOTE]

FYI this is exactly how my order looked for Sonic Colors that came with the silly sonic hat -- and the hat arrived just fine in the mail.

[quote name='daminion']FYI this is exactly how my order looked for Sonic Colors that came with the silly sonic hat -- and the hat arrived just fine in the mail.[/QUOTE]
My bandana with MGS peace walker said the same thing. I'm pretty sure at this point if it says it's in your order you'll get it, and to just ignore backordered.

[quote name='croqoa']Except you are not going to pay for it if they did charge you the $9.99, you're just being a prick and annoying some person on the phone trying to get free things because you think you are special. So his comment that you are the type of person that would complain about a half eaten meal at a restaurant is quite accurate.

You also seem to be a pretty awesome internet thug with your quick combination of rage and insults, and a whole lot of caps lock problems.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the world of slidecage, where everyone and every company is out to get him.

I got my slime and game yesterday afternoon. Manager at the GS even called me yesterday morning telling me they had it set aside waiting.

[quote name='EdgeCrusher36']Welcome to the world of slidecage, where everyone and every company is out to get him.

I got my slime and game yesterday afternoon. Manager at the GS even called me yesterday morning telling me they had it set aside waiting.[/QUOTE]

where did i say gamestop was out to get me... simple point is someone asked me how i got my game so fast.. I told them i called them up and asked if i could pay more to get the shipping faster (since i had more on the gift card then i did at the time)

The person on the other end of the phone said the SAVER code allowed THEM to pick any shipping way for free So gamestop choose to send the game over night for free... no where did i call up and go

can you over night this game for free.

they could said

overnight be 9.99
2 day be 6.99
ground would be 4.99

and i would of probally picked ground since i do have 7 on my card (dont konw if tax is charged on shipping)

it was gamestops idea to ship it for free. They could of very easy said yes we can ship out the item for XXXX more to get it to you faster.

i love how people how i was trying to get something for free. are the same people who are more then happy jumped on the last gamestop buy 2 save 15 bug or the Groupon bug that allowed people to buy more then 1 coupon...

i could of posted under the last comment the first person made but im not even going to waste my time even replying to that .....

they will be back later tonight saying I DEMANDED GAMESTOP OVERNIGHT ME THE PLUSH as well..

now i made as clear as can be ... im done with this topic and flame me if you want , like i really care what some faceless person on the internet really cares about what i do ..

now back on topic...

overall i like this game more then 9 ... its got more of that classic old school rpg game type

i love how these people post saying o

Good, glad to know I'm not the only one who got Gamestopped on this deal. Guide arrived, game arrived, Slime cancelled? I'm ready to throw a fit on the phone, since I ordered it early and they made no attempt to contact me before changing my order. Serves me right for giving them another chance.

My friend who works at Gamestop snagged me a slime (she said there was a pile of them!) So I would bet if you didn't get one ...it might be worth it to see if any gamestop has any left from people who never picked one up. Might need a good relationship with your local gamestop though...since I bet any extras went to employees.

bread's done
Back