Gamestop Pro Days 11.10 - 11.12

dontBlink86

CAGiversary!
For Elite Pro and Pro members

Extra 10% trade and off used games above whichever tier you have

$350 Xbox One S 1TB w/AC:O, Rainbow Six (not sure if these are physical or digital copies), a $50 gift card and a free 59.99 new game digital or physical

$300 Ps4 1TB CoD skin with CoD WWII

$650 Xbox S 1TB w/40" Samsung HDR 4K (MU6290) Online or select stores

Games... both Xbox and PS4 if the game is out for both

Looks like all new copies listed

$13 - Mass Effect Andromeda

$15
Bulletstorm Full Clip
Mafia 3
Borderlands Handsome Collection
The Division
The Invisible Hours

$20
Skyrim SE
Horizon Zero Dawn
Dishonored 2
Dishonored Death of the Outsider
Prey
Raid WW2
Bioshock Collection
Uncharted TLL
Uncharted 4
Doom
Wolfenstein dual pack (1st game and expansion)
Mx vs ATV Supercross

$25
ESO Morrowind
Watch Dogs 2
AC Ezio Collection
Sniper 3 Ghost Warrior
CoD Infinite Warfare
World of Final Fantasy
MXGP3
Moto GP 17

$30
Evil Within 2
Ghost Recon
Fallout 4 GOTY
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Injustice 2
GTA V w/1.25 Shark Card
Lego City - includes Switch Version
Lego Worlds is 30 for Switch, 20 for PS4/XB1

$40
Battlefield 1 Revolution
Lego Demensions starter pack
Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
Middle Earth Shadow of War
Lego Ninjago - includes Switch
NASCAR Heat
Cars Driven to Win - includes Switch

$45
CoD Black Ops 3 w/zombie chronicles

$50
Gundam VS
Destiny 2

Some miscellaneous accessories and collectibles I'm not typing out

Last edited by a moderator:
eh, i went to order borderlands and they want $6 shipping.  Ugh.  I guess i can do instore pickup.   Every other time I ordered from them, shipping was free... I must not understand the policy.

I'm sad i missed the glitchfest.

I'm even sadder that I can buy a lot of games I recently purchased used [had 2 b2g1 coupons] for cheaper new [even without glitch]. Oh well.

I have a Borderlands question... If i thought #1 was bland, but absolutely -loved- #2 and plat'd it... is getting the handsome collection worth it? I don't know if i have what it takes to replay #2, but... i never played the dlc.
Yeah Handsome Collection is worth it. All the DLC for both it and the Pre-Sequel. Presequel is just as fun.

I'm sad i missed the glitchfest.

I'm even sadder that I can buy a lot of games I recently purchased used [had 2 b2g1 coupons] for cheaper new [even without glitch]. Oh well.

I have a Borderlands question... If i thought #1 was bland, but absolutely -loved- #2 and plat'd it... is getting the handsome collection worth it? I don't know if i have what it takes to replay #2, but... i never played the dlc.
The DLC of Bordelands 2 is totally worth it! The Tiny Tina DLC is Fantastic I think and the Torgue DLC is great as well. The Captain Scarlett DLC if I remember that correctly was playable and I never got around to the Sir Hammerlock but it is widely considered the weakest of the bunch. With all the DLC you will likely get another 30 to 40 hours worth of gameplay. The pre-sequel is not great but it is not bad so I would say it is still worth it.

Can someone be kind enough to look at my math and see if this makes sense?

So I'm looking to get an Elite controller which goes for $120. Right now, I have 20,000 points which would get me a $25 point card. That would bring the price down to $95. I'm looking at the website now and I'll get an extra 30% off now with the Elite Pro day discount which would bring the price down to $66.50 plus tax.

Or

I can wait until the points are double on Cyber Monday and get a $50 point card for my 20,000 points. That would bring the price down to $70 and then after the normal 20% elite discount, the price would knock off $14 and bring the price to $56 plus tax.

Am I adding these in the right order because it seems like waiting until Cyber Monday would only save me $10 even though I'm adding a additional $25 point card.
Not worth it. You'll need Extended warranty since they break.

If you have a Costco membership, get it there $120 before tax and lifetime warranty for any reason.

Wow I didn't know they broke like that. I thought the whole point of making the elite controller was to use higher quality parts. Thanks for the heads up and I'll look into getting a new one.

Happy that horizon is gonna be $20. Not sure how essential the dlc is though.
I just started the Frozen Wild DLC yesterday. Didn't get too far into yet. If you got the email from Playstation last week (titled username, see what's new this week) there is a 20% off code (have to do it from the store on your PS4).

I got the DLC for $11.99.

Slept in and missed glitchfest. Oh well had to go take my drug test for the new job. Stopped at Game stop and picked up

Horizon
KH 1.5-2.5
Borderlands THE

Thinking I should go back and get shadow of war because it's the same price I'm seeing for BF, but I am not sure....

Wow I didn't know they broke like that. I thought the whole point of making the elite controller was to use higher quality parts. Thanks for the heads up and I'll look into getting a new one.
Steel skeleton but the internals are all plastic just like the 1st gen controllers; prone to stick drift (which is one of the largest issues), as well as breaking bumpers. The first one I got day one had hair triggers that didnt work and the dpad was janky and didnt work right x.x

Hope this one works. Definitely one of the items you get an extended warranty on since MSoft only gives 90 days...if it breaks after that YMMV that they replace it free of charge.

Seems these are not the same price in store ? Just went to store and kingdom hearts is coming up full price instead of 19.99

Slept in and missed glitchfest. Oh well had to go take my drug test for the new job. Stopped at Game stop and picked up

Horizon
KH 1.5-2.5
Borderlands THE

Thinking I should go back and get shadow of war because it's the same price I'm seeing for BF, but I am not sure....
I think both Target and Walmart have Shadow of War for $29.99 for BF. It is $40 at GS right now right?

Could be wrong but I’m suspecting those who got a bunch of games in one order may have had theirs ship. But those with one or a few games have not because of it being a holiday and USPS being closed (as opposed to UPS or FedEx, which I think are open).

So we may not find out today whether our orders go through if it’s a smaller order.

Just my theory.

Could be wrong but I’m suspecting those who got a bunch of games in one order may have had theirs ship. But those with one or a few games have not because of it being a holiday and USPS being closed (as opposed to UPS or FedEx, which I think are open).

So we may not find out today whether our orders go through if it’s a smaller order.

Just my theory.
USPS is open today. They observe the holiday on saturday, and will be closed tomorrow.

They ship via UPS, so they can recall any shipments if they really want to. Hopefully if orders are canceled, no one here used trade credit because it's such a pain in the ass to get that credit back.
I used trade credit. What's the problem?

To those of you getting shipping emails did you use standard shipping?
I'd like to know this too. I have Elite and used the 2-day option. None of my orders were completely free as I had at least 1 paid game in all of them. I also placed orders shortly after they went live, and the "Cancel This Shipment" button on the order page went away shortly after. I don't have any cancellation emails, but the "Cancel This Shipment" button is now back on all but one of them.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I just started the Frozen Wild DLC yesterday. Didn't get too far into yet. If you got the email from Playstation last week (titled username, see what's new this week) there is a 20% off code (have to do it from the store on your PS4).

how you get the dlc at that price. also wth sony it was showing December for me the last time i look at it.

how you get the dlc at that price. also wth sony it was showing December for me the last time i look at it.
WORSE ATTEMPT AT QUOTING EVER!

But seriously, the DLC is not $11.99 even with the 20% off since there is Tax *unless he's exempt in his state?

WORSE ATTEMPT AT QUOTING EVER!

But seriously, the DLC is not $11.99 even with the 20% off since there is Tax *unless he's exempt in his state?
In NY I don't pay tax on PSN purchases but do pay tax on Live purchases. I don't think MS always collected tax from me but not sure.

They extended the $14.99 price for people with PS+ till like May I think.

So $14.99 minus 20% is $11.99 plus tax if applicable.

Got my first cancellation email for Horizon at $9.99. My other three orders are still open though. Lets see if they end up shipping out the free titles. 

Don't forget the B2G1 on collectibles... If there were other expensive ones I wanted, I'd do it for 2 of them and the Gears Lancer... Not going to, though. Seems no stores have 3 things I'd want at that price level.

Got my first cancellation email for Horizon at $9.99. My other three orders are still open though. Lets see if they end up shipping out the free titles.
Same.

2 cancellations so far and counting, don't tell me to contact my financial institution, I used your own gift credit! lol
Did you get the balance back? I used trade credit, and the balance hasn't updated yet.

Same.

Did you get the balance back? I used trade credit, and the balance hasn't updated yet.
Yikes - good luck with that. Took me a month just to get a refund for a double charge -- c/s is a nightmare. I think I ended up calling 3 times, and sending close to five emails. Best part was when I got a refund but far short of the amount they were supposed to give. Ridunkulous.

2 cancellations so far and counting, don't tell me to contact my financial institution, I used your own gift credit! lol
You're not going to get that credit back unless you contact them. Automatic refunds only happen if they had trouble processing your order, not for manual cancellations.

Yikes - good luck with that. Took me a month just to get a refund for a double charge -- c/s is a nightmare. I think I ended up calling 3 times, and sending close to five emails. Best part was when I got a refund but far short of the amount they were supposed to give. Ridunkulous.
Awesome. Just awesome. All my orders used trade credit. Now hoping they go through even more.

Update: 3 of my 4 orders now cancelled. None of them were totally free either.

And that is precisely why I never trust GameStop. Good thing I didn't bother to place an order. Knew this shit was gonna happen,

I used around $27 worth of credit for my orders, they haven't been cancelled yet but its not looking good. I probably wont even sweat losing it since I got my X1X and Switch for free thanks to them ...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're not going to get that credit back unless you contact them. Automatic refunds only happen if they had trouble processing your order, not for manual cancellations.
Wtf really? That's some BS, so on top of the BS cancellation reason they keep your monies too

It's not as if they're deliberately trying to take your money. When you place an order with credit card, you're not charged until the order ships. But when you use store credit, there's no preauthorization hold - the funds are taken immediately. So they just never invested in the infrastructure to automatically handle refunds if an order gets canceled. (But if you placed an order and canceled it before it could go into processing, you should be refunded.)

It's not as if they're deliberately trying to take your money. When you place an order with credit card, you're not charged until the order ships. But when you use store credit, there's no preauthorization hold - the funds are taken immediately. So they just never invested in the infrastructure to automatically handle refunds if an order gets canceled. (But if you placed an order and canceled it before it could go into processing, you should be refunded.)
That may not be their intention, but it's wrong for them to not have a system that can handle this type of refund situation. If you don't keep a record of your card balances at the time of purchase, you could easily lose money. I haven't seen that GameStop provides any information on their site or via order confirmation that shows the amount charged to gift or trade credit cards. BS!

So what you are saying is they deliberately didn't invest in a way to return your gift credit automatically, so there may be a chance the customer would lose track of their credit balance and GS could keep it for free. Definitely sounds like an evil corporation to me, now I don't feel so bad about those large purchases I made in gift credit and returning them for cash back instead.

My order for World of Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy XV shipped this morning via UPS. Still have 2 orders open that haven't been cancelled yet. Fingers crossed.

Yeah best policy is to never order online with trade credit. It took me around 3 months to get my credit back from legit orders they manually canceled and I don't think I even got it all back. Just decided to take the loss and learn the lesson. Good luck to those that used TC.

bread's done
Back