Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Well they are definitely trashing them. I just got back from my GS dumpster with two boxes of like 600+ games...[/QUOTE]

LOL thats awesome. :applause:

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Well they are definitely trashing them. I just got back from my GS dumpster with two boxes of like 600+ games...[/QUOTE]

This is the cheapest thing I've read on cag. lol. How low can anyone get as a cag! lol

Not an insult to the poster, I was just thinking since this is cheapass gamer and of all the deals one can score, it is a gs dumpster. lol.

Hope your not offended. I was thinking in general it was funny.

That's free BB credit just waiting to be made right there.;) As long as there's no more than 3 copies of each game, you could trade them all in for just over $300 or more if it's much more than 600 games.

But since they're likely all disc only that trade would probably take 6 hours or more to do at BB cuz they'd have to manually look them all up.

And yes, I'm being sarcastic on this. At $2-3 per game for 600+ free games I would even take a chance and risk another banning.;) But certainly NOT at $.52 a game.

What was in there?

All I kept seeing everywhere was Eye Toy and sports games.

I was planning on swinging by gamestop tommorow to see if they still had any ps2 $.99 games but i already cleared that store all they had left was madden 01-04 and EyePlay?,and a bunch of copies of kao the kangaroo round 2.

[quote name='chibamm']What was in there?

All I kept seeing everywhere was Eye Toy and sports games.[/QUOTE]

Well to be honest there wasnt anything really exciting. There was the odd project eden and such but at least ~400 were sports titles (which I seperated into one of the boxes) and the rest were non-sports titles. I had at least 50 GT3's, 20 ATV OF2's, 30 Socom's, and yeah ~30 Eye Toy Plays. I actually think my estimate was wrong. Im pretty sure there were well over 800 games in there...maybe even 1000...

I think Im going to donate them all. (except maybe like 20 that Ill keep). Im not sure where though...I dont really want to do goodwill since Im sure noone will buy them. Id like some childrens shelter or something...but do those places have ps2's? Any ideas??

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Well to be honest there wasnt anything really exciting. There was the odd project eden and such but at least ~400 were sports titles (which I seperated into one of the boxes) and the rest were non-sports titles. I had at least 50 GT3's, 20 ATV OF2's, 30 Socom's, and yeah ~30 Eye Toy Plays. I actually think my estimate was wrong. Im pretty sure there were well over 800 games in there...maybe even 1000...

I think Im going to donate them all. (except maybe like 20 that Ill keep). Im not sure where though...I dont really want to do goodwill since Im sure noone will buy them. Id like some childrens shelter or something...but do those places have ps2's? Any ideas??[/QUOTE]

Trade some in to bestbuy, good will, thrift shops, play frissbee with the dog with them, use as cup coasters just to name a few

lol EXACTLY why we Triple H'd our PS2 trashes. If we gave em away after zeroing the games out legal and HR would fire all of us.

Actually, if the management team found out that u made off with that stuff because someone didn't trash them correctly they would all be fired.

Sucks but true

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Well to be honest there wasnt anything really exciting. There was the odd project eden and such but at least ~400 were sports titles (which I seperated into one of the boxes) and the rest were non-sports titles. I had at least 50 GT3's, 20 ATV OF2's, 30 Socom's, and yeah ~30 Eye Toy Plays. I actually think my estimate was wrong. Im pretty sure there were well over 800 games in there...maybe even 1000...

I think Im going to donate them all. (except maybe like 20 that Ill keep). Im not sure where though...I dont really want to do goodwill since Im sure noone will buy them. Id like some childrens shelter or something...but do those places have ps2's? Any ideas??[/QUOTE]

Boys and Girls Club, Daycares, YMCA, and Big Brother

[quote name='Confidance']Boys and Girls Club, Daycares, YMCA, and Big Brother[/QUOTE]

But you do think itd be ok if I donated them right? I mean I wouldnt wanna get anyone fired. If donating is out of the question then Id probably just throw em out myself lol

Yeah, I went there today. They said they had a sale where you could buy 5 games priced under $1 and then get all 5 for $1.

Funny thing is, they appear to have ditched all the under $1 games. Last time I was there, I saw hoards of Madden, etc. Now none remain. The guy said they pulled a bunch of games when I told him there were none for under a dollar anymore.

What if I give ya a couple bucks to ship a few my way?

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']But you do think itd be ok if I donated them right? I mean I wouldnt wanna get anyone fired. If donating is out of the question then Id probably just throw em out myself lol[/QUOTE]

In your case, donating them after trash pick-up this week is fine because there's no way to know where they came from. Just take your time and move, no harm.... no foul

I got some 99 cent game in a store today, finally rounded out the collection. :lol: I paid the full 99 cent per game but I don't mind.

So YMMV on stores still carrying 99 cent games no matter what.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop removed all .99 cent games from its website. All .99cent games are all .2 cents each! Going to my local Gamestop that had hundreds of .99 cent ps2 titles, and buying them all out!

I got ringed up 99 cents for the games even if it's 2 cents. It's totally YMMV since they are supposed to be thrown out.

Good luck!:D

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Gamestop removed all .99 cent games from its website. All .99cent games are all .2 cents each! Going to my local Gamestop that had hundreds of .99 cent ps2 titles, and buying them all out![/QUOTE]

This is pretty YMMV if you haven't been reading the thread.

[quote name='tuffguycore']This is pretty YMMV if you haven't been reading the thread.[/QUOTE]

Just found that out at my local Gamestop today. Bought two bags full of non sport ps2 games. The Gamestop employee said I was lucky because some stores are keeping all of there ps2 games, thus .99 cent games are still 99 cents. So yeah, I guess I totally lucked out on YMMV!

[quote name='burritoman']Anyone have any news on the next step of this sale?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop employee said either the stores with .99 cent games are going to keep the price at .99 cents, and some stores are clearing those games and selling them for .2 cents

Does GameStop still have PS2 stands or do they just sell the disks now? I can't seem to remember my GameStop having PS2 games anymore. Do they just sell the disks now without the case? :/

Mostly they do. Some stores do have the cases for some games. Really depends on the size of the store and, I would guess, the DM overseeing. High concentration of PS2 games with cases, DS games with cases and GC games near where I work; next to none of those by where I live. Reasonable distance between the two so probably different DMs.

well one of my other local stores called me and held a box full of games for me that they were tossing.

nice guys looking out.
they know i have been the ps2 guy there for a while now.

had to have my girlfriend pull the car up in front of the store to load the darn thing.
got it home and separated everything into piles to be donated to Unique, stuff to go to my nephew, stuff I can use, and stuff Best Buy might want.
i had to do it in the back seat of the car, cause its unliftable up a flight of stairs.

Ended up all told with two huge gift packages from two of my local gstops.

ended up with some really good games in there.

Stuff I hadn't seen as 99 centers before, and ones I have been wanting.

All told I ended up with 1000 or so games.

Seems like a rip off now when I think about the few I bought way back when they were five for a dollar! lol

[quote name='WV Matsui']Is this done?[/QUOTE]
Well, considering the thread hasn't been active in a few days and the past few posts were about how no one else has seen them except a couple of guys getting the games before the sledgehammer, no.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']You started off making it seem like the deal is done, but then say no.

When being a smartass goes wrong[/QUOTE]

Haha, just reread, you're right. Ugh, long fucking day at work and I said it real fast on my lone break. I fail. Least I admit it right?

[quote name='tuffguycore']Haha, just reread, you're right. Ugh, long fucking day at work and I said it real fast on my lone break. I fail. Least I admit it right?[/QUOTE]

Nothing like admitting you're an asshole! :)

who really care about ps2 game n emoare.... the only good 1s still print r atlus.... and amazon has those 4 $20 brand new... not crappy scratched disc only copeys...

[quote name='Pepsi']who really care about ps2 game n emoare.... the only good 1s still print r atlus.... and amazon has those 4 $20 brand new... not crappy scratched disc only copeys...[/QUOTE]

Watch out he's back and on a roll folks!

sorry if i "ofend" any ps2 fan i am sony fan but its time 2 move on its 2012 no 1 even sell ps2 n emore its like buying nes games its a watse of time and space. throw the m in the trahs except 4 the "classics".

[quote name='Pepsi']sorry if i "ofend" any ps2 fan i am sony fan but its time 2 move on its 2012 no 1 even sell ps2 n emore its like buying nes games its a watse of time and space. throw the m in the trahs except 4 the "classics".[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WV Matsui']Watch out he's back and on a roll folks![/QUOTE]

If by on a roll you mean less misspellings than normal then yes...he's on a roll!

[quote name='kanamit']If by on a roll you mean less misspellings than normal then yes...he's on a roll![/QUOTE]
Wow, there used to be more?

BTW--the current sale is B2G2 on $3.99 or less games. I can't wait until there's a price drop or more games are B2G2. I am eyeing a copy of Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest 8, and some Need for Speed games.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Haha, just reread, you're right. Ugh, long fucking day at work and I said it real fast on my lone break. I fail. Least I admit it right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WV Matsui']Nothing like admitting you're an asshole! :)[/QUOTE]

lol :applause:

do they even take in PS2 games anymore? im in need of a third game to trade in for the bonus and all i have is a PS2 game to take that spot

bread's done
Back