Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

I made 1 statement about it and everything after that has been in response to people replying to me. I dont expect the typical CAG to care though, but I hope one day you have your own store or something. I promise ill shop there everyday.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I made 1 statement about it and everything after that has been in response to people replying to me. I dont expect the typical CAG to care though, but I hope one day you have your own store or something. I promise ill shop there everyday.[/QUOTE]

My store would have a strict No Pompous Douchebags policy so I'm afraid you would have to take your patronage else where.

[quote name='Confidance']btw, my haul: 264 games total! I'm not done yet either...... Everyone will enjoy Christmas this year if I have any say in it[/QUOTE]

if you are donating the games then props to you good sir. just want to give you a shout out.

also is today really the last day for the .99 cents games? i wanted to pick up some of the extreme sports games. those are playable.

[quote name='dagame92']Well let me dumb it down for you Sunshine, why the fuck do you care enough to come on here clutching your pearls and bitching about it. Is that clear enough or do I have to get the puppets?[/QUOTE]

I was going to say something to him about overreacting about a game not being complete, but decided I didn't care enough about his opinion to dignify it with a response. I'm glad you made it so hilarious. :lol: I laughed out loud at the pearls comment.

I didnt over react about a game not being complete, don't jump in convos without reading. And i find it funny how this escalated just cause i don't agree with what the cashier did. Over reacting is what that cry baby responding to me is doing, he's even using insults how cute.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I didnt over react about a game not being complete, don't jump in convos without reading. And i find it funny how this escalated just cause i don't agree with what the cashier did. Over reacting is what that cry baby responding to me is doing, he's even using insults how cute.[/QUOTE]

Did you not say that the cashier should be fired for games like Persona being disc only? I'd say that's overreacting.

[quote name='weeman43302']Did you not say that the cashier should be fired for games like Persona being disc only? I'd say that's overreacting.[/QUOTE]
No, I said for having the disc out on the floor, where it can be stolen AND selling it for .99 cents. I swear no one is comprehending my posts. Those are $30 games (at gamestop)

and it isn't if you've ever worked at a gamestop before. I got let go for not knowing enough about Call of Duty, customer complained :lol: Gamestop will let people go for just about any reason, and selling a $30 game for .99 seems like a good reason to me. Especially since they lose money. But I dont want to derail the topic anymore, so everyone just drop it. Not like im mad just stating my opinion cause Id buy the game if that chance happened to me. It would of got flipped instantly.

Can't wait to see what the next step for the sale is. This is really helping to fill out my PS2 collection!!!

The next step is that they are putting all $30+ games in the .99cent bin!

edit: but seriously. I just called my friend who is a manager at my local gamestop and he said the buy 5/10(ymmv?) for $1 is still going on but EVERYTHING(no matter the price) is suppose to be b2g2

all b2g2 would be decent if everything was not already acquired / overpriced (persona 4 is 18.02 atm fulfiment via amazon LINK) so even at b2g2 its not really a bargin

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called my closest Gamestop. Said the 10/$1.00 games have been shipped off, that b2g2 is still going but still only 3.99 and less games.

We don't need B2G2, by the way. What we need is 75% off all like they had when they clearanced their PS1 games. I remember that stacking for a juicy 85% off every game, regardless of quantity. Already got my eyes on the overpriced Shadow Hearts and Fatal Frame games at my nearest store if that ever happens. :D

[quote name='Blade']We don't need B2G2, by the way. What we need is 75% off all like they had when they clearanced their PS1 games. I remember that stacking for a juicy 85% off every game, regardless of quantity. Already got my eyes on the overpriced Shadow Hearts and Fatal Frame games at my nearest store if that ever happens. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was great. Picked up some good games including Tomba! during that one.

Interestingly enough, the 10-for-$1 info was still on their website early this morning, but was much harder to track down, and the expiration date had been deleted. Now I can't find it at all on the website.

LMAO at me getting mad for Gamestop firing me. That's not a career and was a part time job 2nd to my full time job. Just stop already lol

And my friend's info wasnt true. I just called and the other manager was there, he said the 10 for $1 deal was done but the b2g2 for $3.99 and under was good. They are also starting to clear out the ps2 games and expect them all to be gone by next week. Least at that location

[quote name='Jack_Frost']LMAO at me getting mad for Gamestop firing me. That's not a career and was a part time job 2nd to my full time job. Just stop already lol

And my friend's info wasnt true. I just called and the other manager was there, he said the 10 for $1 deal was done but the b2g2 for $3.99 and under was good. They are also starting to clear out the ps2 games and expect them all to be gone by next week. Least at that location[/QUOTE]

Hmm that conflicts with the website, I wonder if the stores still have the 10 for 1 deal, I got some final buys that I want to do before I'm truly done. :cry:

Edit: The Website took off the 10 for 1 officially so it's just a b2g2 free for 3.99 or less.

[quote name='Blade']

We don't need B2G2, by the way. What we need is 75% off all like they had when they clearanced their PS1 games. I remember that stacking for a juicy 85% off every game, regardless of quantity. Already got my eyes on the overpriced Shadow Hearts and Fatal Frame games at my nearest store if that ever happens. :D[/QUOTE]

this

Shadow Hearts is worth the Gamestop price btw, but it is $20 used on amazon. I got it way back at blockbuster new for $20 I think and found a copy at a local pawn shop for $7 last year. Flipped it of course ha.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Over reacting is what that cry baby responding to me is doing, he's even using insults how cute.[/QUOTE]

I hate to break it to you Sparky but you're the one who started with the insults.

Don't act like you're not still salty about getting canned at Gamestop because why else would you tell strangers your sob story. I also doubt it was Call of Duty knowledge that got you 86ed but dare I say it you were just too arrogant to work there.

you're right, caught me red handed
332987.jpg

Just went to 3 stores here's the verdict:

First store had the signs for 10/$1 and B2G2 up. Got 8 games, all under $3.99. They did not ring up as B2G2. Manager had to hit some buttons and the receipt said "Promotion not Recognized" or something along those lines.

Second store had an employee (not the manager) literally scanning each PS2 disc only game to see if it was sellable or not, and throwing the non-sells in a box. He said a bunch of the PS2 games were not able to be sold, like old sports games and such, luckily my Colin McRae 3 was sellable. They had no signs up in the PS2 section and knew nothing about new promotions, but no 10/$1 or B2G2.

Third store tried to sucker me into buying more crappy games. It is what I call the "PS2 Hub" store, since they are one of the stores that receive the PS2 stock from other stores. Manager dude said both sales were strong, but the 10/$1 was basically wiped out and didn't have time or money to look for B2G2 ones, but he said both sales were still on at that store. We actually have a pretty decent PS2 community around that store as well, they actually still get a good amount of stuff traded in.

Looks like it could be YMMV on if you get the sale or not. No idea really, but if they go to $4 for everything under $10, I am gonna buy at least 10-12 more games. There is a lot of killer stuff in that range.

Anything stick out to you guys if it does $10 games goes to $4?
Some I noticed

Manhunt
Tenchu Fatal Shadows
Sega Genesis Collection

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Hope he gets fired, a game like that should never be sleeve only. That has to be one lazy gamestop[/QUOTE]

Some Gamestop stores have thrown away all of the PS2 cases, regardless of price. They keep everything from the cheapo stuff to the expensive games in the sleeves. It's kinda annoying that the mint reprints (such as Nocturne) are now disc only games at some stores, so even if they go on sale they're no longer the complete and like-new copies they could have been.

It's all an issue of space. Since GS insists on facing every current gen title, they chew up wall space like crazy. They could easily have enough room for DS, PSP and PS2 cases even in the smaller stores.

I know GS would say there is some psychological reason for facing titles versus not, but I know I have these things called eyes and can read spines.

[quote name='chibamm']Anything stick out to you guys if it does $10 games goes to $4?
Some I noticed

Manhunt
Tenchu Fatal Shadows
Sega Genesis Collection[/QUOTE]

soul calibur III 9.99

[quote name='portnoyd']It's all an issue of space. Since GS insists on facing every current gen title, they chew up wall space like crazy. They could easily have enough room for DS, PSP and PS2 cases even in the smaller stores.

I know GS would say there is some psychological reason for facing titles versus not, but I know I have these things called eyes and can read spines.[/QUOTE]

The odd thing is that some of the stores doing it are the ones with more store space and more than enough room to fit the PS2 boxes. The employee I talked to at the store told me he thought it was stupid but he said that they received an e-mail telling them to trash the cases.

[quote name='chibamm']Anything stick out to you guys if it does $10 games goes to $4?
Some I noticed

Manhunt
Tenchu Fatal Shadows
A lot of the Need for Speed games are $10 I know Hot Pursuit and UnderGround for a fact.
X-Men legends 1/2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Ratchet and Clank games
Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary
Rogue Galaxy
Star Ocean Till the End of Time
Odin Sphere

A lot depends on what your store has in stock, that's just some stuff I checked online real quick.

Some I noticed

Manhunt
Tenchu Fatal Shadows

I don't know about quality, but as far as monetary value goes I came up with a list. Not all inclusive. If anyone wants to share more that'd be great.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI
Romance of the Three Kingdoms X
La Pucelle: Tactics
Wild Arms 4
Eureka 7 Vol. 2
Xenosaga Episode II
Parappa the Rapper 2
Jade Cocoon 2
Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space
Dragon Quest VIII
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Colosseum: Road to Freedom
Klonoa 2
.Hack Part 1
Chaos Wars
Gundam Seed Never Ending Tomorrow
Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam
PTO IV
Suikoden IV
Battle Assualt 3 Featuring Gundam Seed
MS Saga: A New Dawn
Steambot Chronicles
Y's: The Ark of Napishtim
Mega Man X8
Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
Odin Sphere
Grim Grimoire

[quote name='Rozz']The odd thing is that some of the stores doing it are the ones with more store space and more than enough room to fit the PS2 boxes. The employee I talked to at the store told me he thought it was stupid but he said that they received an e-mail telling them to trash the cases.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and the worst part is... they waste so much space on GS marketing displays (I would hope) no one pays attention to.

The store's whole mentality is anti-people who take care of their stuff. Of course, we're the minority and therefore less buying power in their mind but still sucks.

One of the four nearby locations that still has PS2 games in Long Island said they were tossing the lot of remaining $4 and under PS2 games they had on-hand in the dumpster at the end of the day today. In the interim, all $0.99 titles were ringing up for just 2 cents. Anything above $1 through $3.99, however, was not ringing up as B2G2.

There wasn't much left to write home about in the early afternoon, but it's still a shame. They didn't have any titles over $3.99, save for a single copy of DDR Supernova 2, so it is probably not a huge loss for anyone looking for something rare, but still.

Seems like what stores may do with prices and stock could be a bit YMMV at this point.

I dislike that Gamestop pitches everything, they pitch game cases all the time, shit if they have a disc only of a hard to find game, I don't care if the case is for a different game.

When I worked there, I saw the phasing out of PS1 games, and we never once had to bring them to a dumpster and smash them. I can't believe that's the shit that GS is doing now. I know they were mostly sports games, but it just seems... unnecassary.

[quote name='tuffguycore']When I worked there, I saw the phasing out of PS1 games, and we never once had to bring them to a dumpster and smash them. I can't believe that's the shit that GS is doing now. I know they were mostly sports games, but it just seems... unnecassary.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree, my girlfriend was wondering why not give it to charity. Even old sport games, they will be worth it to poor children out there. Or even have it out as a bonus if you buy a PS2 game in the future, buy 2 and you can get 2 other games from that bin? :wall:

[quote name='Digitalfluid']I totally agree, my girlfriend was wondering why not give it to charity. Even old sport games, they will be worth it to poor children out there. Or even have it out as a bonus if you buy a PS2 game in the future, buy 2 and you can get 2 other games from that bin? :wall:[/QUOTE]

I thoguht the exact same thing. I would have donated them to charity and from all the hate I see on GS around the internet, a little goodwill wouldn't hurt them sometimes...

Hell, if I was in your position I would have put it in my car and driven to goodwill...

They really need to drop the prices on these other ps2 games. NHL 08 is 7.99, nuff said

I also saw two great condition complete copys of ico at my Gamestop which shocked me to say the least

Anyone think that with what looks like a purge of PS2 games that they will put some systems on sale? I never owned one before but took part on this sale and borrowed my brother-in-laws old PS2 that he doesn't play. Would like to buy my own in the future, but I don't see paying $60 for a slim model.

[quote name='strait edge follower']They really need to drop the prices on these other ps2 games. NHL 08 is 7.99, nuff said

I also saw two great condition complete copys of ico at my Gamestop which shocked me to say the least[/QUOTE]

Jealous of the Ico, I have the manual(no idea why or where it came from) but not the game, wish I could find it, even just disc only in decent shape.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Jealous of the Ico, I have the manual(no idea why or where it came from) but not the game, wish I could find it, even just disc only in decent shape.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is that I have never seen a used copy at my local gamestops all of these years lol

[quote name='Digitalfluid']I totally agree, my girlfriend was wondering why not give it to charity. Even old sport games, they will be worth it to poor children out there. Or even have it out as a bonus if you buy a PS2 game in the future, buy 2 and you can get 2 other games from that bin? :wall:[/QUOTE]

The poor children are on xb Live shit talkin My halo skills lol. I drove through the poor parts of town and many had large glowing screens lighting u their tiny apartments. Those kids don't want madden 04. They sell their madden 12 for CASH at gs, and buy madden 13 on release day. My main store is on the ghetto border. I see it all the time. There used to be a guying selling unlabelled burned DVDs outside from a dvd r spindle all the time. Ghetto...

Stopped in today at my local Gamestop to get some controllers and see where things stood with the sleeved games. Saw that all of the 99¢-$3.49 titles were gone. Now the section is $3.99-$5.99, with a lot more copies of Metal Gear Solid 3 and Max Payne 2 than I remembered. Only about 1/6 of the size of the selection from last weekend.

The two regular clerks told me they pulled all the other titles and I jokingly asked one of them "Sledgehammer or Dynamite?" to which he responded with the former.

He then showed me the stacks of the unsold games behind the register in the back of the store and said they were all being shipped back to the warehouse to be redistributed amongst the higher volume PS2 stores. Though, surprisingly enough, he said they were still going to take in trades for the PS2 there.

The other Gamestop I went on Sunday said they had since stopped accepting trade-ins for the system.

Then the he asked if there were any specific titles I still wanted and he'd take a look and see if they still had any there. So I handed the clerk at the register a list with 11 games I was still hoping to find. None of them were showing up as in-stock, and I said "they probably removed them from the inventory" and was told they still WOULD show up as in-stock if they had them... only marked to 2¢ each.

In the end, I picked up 7 games between 3.99 and 4.99 and 2 controllers and went on my way. Remnants of what I never got around to picking up while the sale was going on. And even though all the B2G2 stuff was taken down, they threw in a game for free even though I wasn't technically eligible for it.

So Ico... is there any specific advantage to owning the PS2 over the PS3 version of the game? I have a copy that, as far as I know, is in pristine condition outside of a small tear on the top of the cover that the label tape was stuck on when I bought it new. I would have figured the value would have plummeted with the PS3 re-release, but I still read people trying to track down copies of the disc.

headed out today to grab a few stragglers i wanted in the B2G2.
I ended up with:
fallout brotherhood of steel
kings field ancient city
roadkill
crimson sea 2...
among others.

also, the 99 centers are now two cents at some stores. others have sent them to the graveyard in the sky.

also, lucky me, [well lucky thrift stores and nephew].
one my local stores gave me all told, 186 games..free.
they didn't want to junk em.

got a few for me out of it.
amplitude. herdy gerdy among them.

[quote name='Digitalfluid']The 99 cent PS2 games are officially off the site.. I wanted to get Tribes:Aerial Assault :cry: Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I have a copy its not that great

bread's done
Back