Gamestop PS2 Rumor Sale

I still have a copy of The Guy Game for both PS2 and Xbox, but one of them has a Movie Gallery security sticker on the top of the disc.:whistle2:# I still laugh that GS used to take that game in, but would not take in the AO original version of San Andreas on PS2.

Real titties and an underage chick in the game=OK
Fake animated sex=horrible and reprehensible

Speaking of real boobs in a game, BMX XXX with the Scores strippers in it is a $2.99 game.;)

Guy just wanted all 99 cent games gone so told him I would take them all for 20$ he agreed now to go through them and see which ones I will just be going to good will or boys/ girls club.

[quote name='bjstucker']Guy just wanted all 99 cent games gone so told him I would take them all for 20$ he agreed now to go through them and see which ones I will just be going to good will or boys/ girls club.[/QUOTE]

That is awesome. I'd be willing to do that at my store even though I bought a bunch already.

[quote name='bjstucker']Guy just wanted all 99 cent games gone so told him I would take them all for 20$ he agreed now to go through them and see which ones I will just be going to good will or boys/ girls club.[/QUOTE]
Damn. How many games did you get for $20? It's too bad I've already hit the two stores that don't seem to care that I'm 'omg banned', as the only other ones with stock showing for this blowout sale seem to be the ones where they know I'm not allowed in.:cry: It just so happens that those are also the stores with the biggest selection.#-o

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. How many games did you get for $20? It's too bad I've already hit the two stores that don't seem to care that I'm 'omg banned', as the only other ones with stock showing for this blowout sale seem to be the ones where they know I'm not allowed in.:cry: It just so happens that those are also the stores with the biggest selection.#-o[/QUOTE]
How did you get banned from Gamestop? :hot:

[quote name='Kovorkian']you used your 'freebies' on .99 cent games i got wreckless in a set of 5 / $1

I know some gamestop's had old stickers on sleeves 2 copies of a game marked 2 different prices, game marked 2.99 that's been in a .99 bin et cetera[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I didn't really look at the stock available in the area before I went. The hunt is part of the fun for me. This store had tons of sleeved games and it took awhile to go through them. I'm not going to take a huge pile up to the desk to have them price checked, if it's a title I really want I'll just get it even if it's not part of the promo. That said, if I'd known at the time I would have picked up other $1.99 games instead.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn. How many games did you get for $20? It's too bad I've already hit the two stores that don't seem to care that I'm 'omg banned', as the only other ones with stock showing for this blowout sale seem to be the ones where they know I'm not allowed in.:cry: It just so happens that those are also the stores with the biggest selection.#-o[/QUOTE]

When was the last time you tried going in? Maybe you could just walk in like no big deal and they wouldn't bother. Just avoid drawing attention to yourself. I had a similar situation. I just waited for awhile and then one day walked in and started shopping. They never said a word.

[quote name='Invicta 61']When was the last time you tried going in? Maybe you could just walk in like no big deal and they wouldn't bother. Just avoid drawing attention to yourself. I had a similar situation. I just waited for awhile and then one day walked in and started shopping. They never said a word.[/QUOTE]
The one store is the local DM's home store where he has his office and I have a terrible track record with going in there the exact day he happens to be in the office in the back.:rofl:

Unfortunately that's the store I remember having the first Midway Arcade Treasures at in good shape and complete. Not to mention that's the store that they dumped all of the older gen stuff like PS1 titles at when they consolidated everything into one place a few years ago.

The other two are staffed by the same people who have been there forever and seem to get a lot of hours or I've tried for pennied items(like the DC Universe Online CE for PC a while ago) at since my ban. :lol:

So yeah, unless I get someone else to go in for me I'm pretty well fucked.:whistle2:#

Great day the last few days.

Over the weekend got these:

B2G2:

Zone of the Enders
Guilty Gear X2
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2

Maximo Ghosts to Glory
Front Mission 4
Shinobi
R Type Final

5 for $1.00
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Vexx
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution
No One Lives Forever
Sky Odyssey

Went back today to two different stores. Got 10 games B2G2 (I know I could have gotten 2 more free... didn't realize until I was back home... they had the games all behind the counter, no print out, had to just say what I wanted and had such a big stack that I had a hard time keeping track...). Also got 21 on the 10 for $1.00. One I got for free and not as part of this, again, just a matter of mixing up the numbers...

Buy 2 Get 2:

Yakuza
Soul Calibur 2
Rise of the Kasai
The Bouncer

Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver 2
Legacy of Kain Blood Omen 2
Onimusha Warlords
Headhunter Redemption

Nightshade
Maximo vs the Army of Zin

These 21 were all $.10.

Ring of Red
Nanobreaker
Second Sight
Stuntman
Robotech Battlecry
Silpheed the Lost Planet
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Project Eden
Marc Ecko's Getting Up Contents Under Pressure
Headhunter
Hunter the Reckoning Wayward
Eternal Ring
Mad Maestro
City Crisis
Wipeout Fusion
Project Snowblind
Frequency
Malice
Aggressive Inline
Crimson Tears
ATV Offroad Fury 2

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The one store is the local DM's home store where he has his office and I have a terrible track record with going in there the exact day he happens to be in the office in the back.:rofl:

Unfortunately that's the store I remember having the first Midway Arcade Treasures at in good shape and complete. Not to mention that's the store that they dumped all of the older gen stuff like PS1 titles at when they consolidated everything into one place a few years ago.

The other two are staffed by the same people who have been there forever and seem to get a lot of hours or I've tried for pennied items(like the DC Universe Online CE for PC a while ago) at since my ban. :lol:

So yeah, unless I get someone else to go in for me I'm pretty well fucked.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

You need to just camp out and see what kind of car the DM drives. Then you will be able to know when he's there..... that or get arrested for stalking.

Lucky. My gamestop had 54 copies of super trucks racing and no other good games. The only game I got that wasn't a sports game was future tactics uprising with a case.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The one store is the local DM's home store where he has his office and I have a terrible track record with going in there the exact day he happens to be in the office in the back.:rofl:

So yeah, unless I get someone else to go in for me I'm pretty well fucked.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

You should just go in wearing random disguises. I vote for black facepaint and mustache glasses.

At the sale price, with PUR 10%, you could get about 250 games for $20. Hopefully you got more than that!

[quote name='Invicta 61']You need to just camp out and see what kind of car the DM drives. Then you will be able to know when he's there..... that or get arrested for stalking.[/QUOTE]
:lol:As it stands, the last time he and I had a confrontation over my status, it ended with me essentially calling the biggest portion of his customers morons who don't actually get the most for their money and me walking out of his office.

This was after he refused to provide concrete proof to me that there was an actual memo that came down from someone higher than him banning me.
[quote name='Monoxide1986']You should just go in wearing random disguises. I vote for black facepaint and mustache glasses.[/QUOTE]
I considered it for Halloween the one year for laughs. Of course, I also considered paying a gang of kids to go in and run their hands along the walls and knock every last case off the shelves in a couple of the stores.;):evil:

Either that or paying a homeless dude a bottle of booze to go in fall down drunk and use one of the $9.99 & under dump bins for just that purpose.:rofl:

But both of those would penalize the employees working there and I actually got to know some of them.

[quote name='seanmcc']At the sale price, with PUR 10%, you could get about 250 games for $20. Hopefully you got more than that![/QUOTE]
I counted about 500 he had 10 red bins full which I think hold close to 50 a piece mostly sports crap that no one wants. hoping I find Persona 4 in there disc only or maybe some God of War games.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']So I just returned/rebought my 40 games from last week and got 30 more. I ended up walking out with a trade card with $35 on it. Guy said I glitched their machine and didn't want to dick with it. So got paid ~$20 (removing what I paid for the original 40 and then some) to take 70 games off their hands. Lol. Works for me.[/QUOTE]

Here is my haul from this run.. nothing too impressive... but I did get $35 back in trade credit so that = win to me :applause:

30 Games total:
- MVP 06 NCAA Baseball
- NHL 2004
- NCAA Football 2005
- NHL 2002
- NHL Faceoff 2003
- World Championship Cards
- MLB Slugfest 2003
- Wild Wild Racing
- World Rally Championship
- Jonny Moseley: Mad Trix
- Italian Job
- IHRA Drag Racing 2
- Agassi Tennis Generation
- American Chopper
- Alfa Romeo Racing Italiano
- Arena Football
- Madden 06
- Madden 07
- Eye Toy: Antigrav
- Eye Toy: Kinetic
- Reign of Fire
- MX World Tour Feat. Jamie Little
- NHL Hitz 2002
- R: Racing Evolution
- Suzuki TT Superbikes
- Power Drome Racing
- Super Trucks Racing
- SOCOM : U.S. Navy Seals
- Sky Odyssey
- Supercar Street Challenge

Wow...the 10 for 1 dollar actually has some pretty good games to choose from. I got 20 games and not a single one of them was a sports title. Metal Gear Solid 2, Virtua Fighter 4 Evo, State of Emergency, Shaun Palmer Pro Snowboarder just some highlights.

Would it really be possible to get banned from BB if you found a handful of the 10/1 games and trading them in, at least if they were all different copies?

Also, I talked to a kid last night and he heard the rumor that it might switch to higher price for the B2G2 after this round of promotions but he wasn't sure. I picked up a few games that were higher priced just in case(they even had Grandia 2 complete at mine) so just a head's up.

I think I may have been red flagged over at GS over this deal, with me getting a ton of games (some fillers)... My Powerup Rewards points haven't come in since the weekend. :lol:

I was at Gamestop for half an hour trying to fill in some games and I relented with some sports games.
Defender
Tiger Woods 2006
Silpheed: the Lost Planet
Fireblade
Ace Combat 4
Gran Turismo 3 A Spec x2 (one red one blue)
Baseball 2k6
Airblade
Amplitude

[quote name='Digitalfluid']I think I may have been red flagged over at GS over this deal, with me getting a ton of games (some fillers)... My Powerup Rewards points haven't come in since the weekend. :lol:[/QUOTE]

You shouldn't worry about it yet, they've been slower to update recently.

I wouldn't be surprised if the promotion included all games for b2g2 free after this current one is up. I'd imagine most Gamestops will want PS2 stock gone around or after the holidays this year.

Although, lately the stores have been looking a little barren, aside from ios devices and random headphone peripherals.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Would it really be possible to get banned from BB if you found a handful of the 10/1 games and trading them in, at least if they were all different copies?

Also, I talked to a kid last night and he heard the rumor that it might switch to higher price for the B2G2 after this round of promotions but he wasn't sure. I picked up a few games that were higher priced just in case(they even had Grandia 2 complete at mine) so just a head's up.[/QUOTE]
You mean the one by Target in WB? That store has the only complete and not faded/stained up copy of Midway Arcade Treasures for PS2 I've seen around, as well as the only copy of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force golf game.

Unfortunately it's also the district managers home office store and by now I think everyone on CAG knows I'm bannimified from even going in there.:cry:

I really should've bought it the last time I had one of those e-Rewards gift cards, but I used that up on the ESA Game Pack for $20 from the Steamtown store. I had a buddy go in there and grab it for me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean the one by Target in WB? That store has the only complete and not faded/stained up copy of Midway Arcade Treasures for PS2 I've seen around, as well as the only copy of the Aqua Teen Hunger Force golf game.

Unfortunately it's also the district managers home office store and by now I think everyone on CAG knows I'm bannimified from even going in there.:cry:

I really should've bought it the last time I had one of those e-Rewards gift cards, but I used that up on the ESA Game Pack for $20 from the Steamtown store. I had a buddy go in there and grab it for me.[/QUOTE]

OK - I just have to ask - how does one get banned from Gamestop? Other than shoplifting stuff, what could you possibly do to get banned?

Also - here's my 10 for $1 haul:

Project Eden
Silpheed
Amplitude
Giants: Citizen Kabuto
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
Gran Turismo 3
Taito Legends
Hot Shots Golf 3
Ring of Red
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

[quote name='cyko']OK - I just have to ask - how does one get banned from Gamestop? Other than shoplifting stuff, what could you possibly do to get banned?[/QUOTE]
Trading in 30-35 HDMI cables in a day, cancelling a bunch of pre-orders that had promotions tied to them and trading in duplicates of many games that I got for next to nothing.

Of course, the DM here also claims I stole a Dual Shock 3(by allegedly switching out a Dual Shock 3 for a SixAxis when they just came out with the DS3 a week or so prior), which infuriated me that he would openly accuse a customer of stealing something in that manner with no real proof.

:censored:Another GS with no PS2 games.........

I see a number of you are getting Silpheed. I have that. Cool game! PS2 is an amazing system!:)

I got 20 games at a far away gamestop. Unfortunately, I got home 2 minutes too late to get the free golden key for Borderlands 2 on twitter.

I too grabbed a bunch of 10 for $1.00 games, they were no sports titles and came in ghetto paper sleeved from gamestop....

I actually ordered a bunch of the b2g2 off the website last night because I couldn't find them in stores. When I get it I'm going to go back to the store and get an adjustment because they didn't take the right stuff off for free, but for 25 bucks I got some stuff I've been looking for, like Way of the Samurai 2, Front Mission 4, the Harvey Birdman game(Judge me, I really don't care) for just about 25 bucks and the saver code still stacked, so it was worth it for a bunch of games I was going to get if I could find them anyway. This is my last wave of PS2 games until the other stuff gets made at least B2G1.

well I definitely went way overboard with this sale...60 games was way too much...especially since like ~25 of them actually came with cases so now I have no room for them...ugh...

Checked my store and they had a ton of PS2 games (disk only) but the only games eligible for the 10 for $1 were sports games. Oh well.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Thanks olengue, Is the b2g2 free also live?[/QUOTE]

Its Olengie. :lol: And yes. Until the 7th.

The only cheap games around me that I'd want are Okage and Marc Ecko Getting Up. That's honestly not worth the gas for me. Anyone know when they are going to have the "real" firesale? I've been eying the Silent Hill and Fatal Frame games for a minute now.

Stopped by my GS today since they finally got in a copy of Silpheed: The Lost Planet from another store and ended up grabbing a couple random things I found quickly for the 10-for-$1 deal.

Aggressive Inline
Choro Q
Fantavision
Freestyle Metal X
Future Tactics: The Uprising
Freekstyle
Hard Hitter Tennis
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
Rebel Raiders: Operation Nighthawk
Silpheed: The Lost Planet

I asked the guy I know there well enough if any more deals were planned after this week. He said the 10-for-$1 was going on "for a while" but that's all I could get out of him.

Just fyi, Sunday is the final day. Come Monday morning, all remaining .99 games are to be destroyed and tossed into trash. All 1-3.99 games are to be shipped back to warehouse as defective. so eat while you can, its over

[quote name='Olengie']Its Olengie. :lol: And yes. Until the 7th.[/QUOTE]

I was told at my local Gamestop the deal was ongoing until they got rid of their PS2 games. Has anyone else heard this?

That sucks, I was going to get Fatal Fury Battle Archives 2, but I can't find the time within two days. All those poor gems gone... only to be reobtained with 3.99 shipping. :(

Looks like I'll make one trip to my local Gamestop and get some Dynasty Tactics.

[quote name='Confidance']Just fyi, Sunday is the final day. Come Monday morning, all remaining .99 games are to be destroyed and tossed into trash. All 1-3.99 games are to be shipped back to warehouse as defective. so eat while you can, its over[/QUOTE]

Not to sound like a dick, but how do you know this?

[quote name='dagame92']Not to sound like a dick, but how do you know this?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm the $.99 games as I was just in my local GS and told this. Not sure about the $2-$4 games though.

bread's done
Back