Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I cant figure something out. The coupon says...

*Must present coupon at time of purchase. One time use. Purchase 1 or more
Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection SKU: 270705,
Jak and Daxter Collection T25 SKU: 271076,
Ratchet & Clank Collection T25 SKU: 271110,
Journey CE SKU: 271198,
God of War Saga T25 SKU: 271239,
Infamous 1 & 2 Pack MVC T25 SKU: 271240 or
Killzone Trilogy MVC SKU: 271272 to receive 50% discount. GameStop PowerUp Rewards card required. No rain checks or substitutions. Not valid on pre-owned games. Selection may vary by store. Exclusions apply. While supplies last. Valid 11/1-11/14/12. For in-store use only.

It has Uncharted pictured on PUR but its not listed on the coupon. If you can get Uncharted with the coupon for 50% off could you get other games like the Prince of Persia or Sly Collections as well?[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it. I was able to get Uncharted with this deal, but it required showing them the ad banner with a pic of Uncharted on there for them to do a manual override.

Killzone Trilogy MVC SKU: 271272 to receive 50% discount. GameStop PowerUp Rewards card required. No rain checks or substitutions. Not valid on pre-owned games. Selection may vary by store. Exclusions apply. While supplies last. Valid 11/1-11/14/12. For in-store use only.

It has Uncharted pictured on PUR but its not listed on the coupon. If you can get Uncharted with the coupon for 50% off could you get other games like the Prince of Persia or Sly Collections as well?[/QUOTE]

Some people got a nice clerk or argued until they convinced them to get an overdrive on Uncharted Dual Pack.

I got one that woudn't let me get it and I wasn't about to argue with him more then asking him to check his mail.

So it's up to luck or how much you debate it and how smartly you debate it. Good luck.

[quote name='roundhouse']I highly doubt it. I was able to get Uncharted with this deal, but it required showing them the ad banner with a pic of Uncharted on there for them to do a manual override.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks.

Picked up Journey, Ratchet, Jak, Ico, and God of War. All were sealed except God of War. I bring the game home, peel off the seal they applied, and surprise surprise there are two discs and no download codes in there.
Luckily the clerk who sold it to me was the one who answered the phone, and he understood the issue immediately. I should have a proper copy in a few days. I think this really is the last time I buy a new opened game from Gamestop, though.

Made a post in the Gamestop coupon trading thread, not sure how much traction that gets though. Since I'll only be using the code for one game and no trade ins, would rather trade it to someone who can better use for something else I'd rather have. If not, I guess I'll go pick up R&C on the 14th.

[quote name='SDC']Picked up Journey, Ratchet, Jak, Ico, and God of War. All were sealed except God of War. I bring the game home, peel off the seal they applied, and surprise surprise there are two discs and no download codes in there.
Luckily the clerk who sold it to me was the one who answered the phone, and he understood the issue immediately. I should have a proper copy in a few days. I think this really is the last time I buy a new opened game from Gamestop, though.[/QUOTE]

They were trying to do the same thing with me but for the Ico collection but I refused and asked them to ship one to me from the online store with free shipping while I paid instore.

Does anyone know the trade-in price for God of War collection?
It says 4.00 on the website but someone mentioned trading it in for 8?

Sorry, just those 7 games. No Uncharted, Prince of Persia or Sly Collections. But you can buy as many as you want, mixed or match.

[quote name='redmangoose']Does anyone know the trade-in price for God of War collection?
It says 4.00 on the website but someone mentioned trading it in for 8?[/QUOTE]

You're probably mixing them up.

God of War Collection (GOW 1 and 2) = $4
God of War Origins (Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta PSP Remasters) = $8

So I traded in god of war collection, god of war 3 and dishonored. Somehow I got 66 in credit. Used the coupon for god of war saga and paid off persona 4: golden and still had $4 left to spare. They basically paid me to upgrade my god of war games.

[quote name='Kikyou1']Some people got a nice clerk or argued until they convinced them to get an overdrive on Uncharted Dual Pack.

I got one that woudn't let me get it and I wasn't about to argue with him more then asking him to check his mail.

So it's up to luck or how much you debate it and how smartly you debate it. Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Can you still get the extra 50% trade in value when buying the Uncharted Dual Pack? I guess I should also ask can you still get the extra 50% trade in value when buying any of the ps3 collections? I've given up on waiting for a coupon, but I have a bunch of games to trade in and I might pay the full $29.99 for either the Uncharted Dual Pack for the Infamous Collection as long as I get the 50% TIV bump. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered recently in the past 115 pages.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Can you still get the extra 50% trade in value when buying the Uncharted Dual Pack? I guess I should also ask can you still get the extra 50% trade in value when buying any of the ps3 collections? I've given up on waiting for a coupon, but I have a bunch of games to trade in and I might pay the full $29.99 for either the Uncharted Dual Pack for the Infamous Collection as long as I get the 50% TIV bump. I apologize in advance if this has already been answered recently in the past 115 pages.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Promotion ends 11/14. As long as you do the trade in and purchase a qualifying title, the trade in bump will automatically happen.

[quote name='Nochance']Does the 50% bonus apply to controllers?[/QUOTE]

You mean the bundles? Nah, it only works on the games by themselves. I tried that and it didn't work (associate was kind enough to scan one to see if it would, no go).

Why does anyone shop at gamestop? I remember people arguing that Gamestop would OBVIOUSLY never do anything like sell a used game as new. Then the whole concept of download codes came out and surprise surprise, missing half the fucking time. fuck gamestop and the sooner they go bankrupt the better.

[quote name='xRidley']Why does anyone shop at gamestop? I remember people arguing that Gamestop would OBVIOUSLY never do anything like sell a used game as new. Then the whole concept of download codes came out and surprise surprise, missing half the fucking time. fuck gamestop and the sooner they go bankrupt the better.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that won't be happening any time soon. Still no coupon here.

[quote name='xRidley']Why does anyone shop at gamestop? I remember people arguing that Gamestop would OBVIOUSLY never do anything like sell a used game as new. Then the whole concept of download codes came out and surprise surprise, missing half the fucking time. fuck gamestop and the sooner they go bankrupt the better.[/QUOTE]

Most people who arn't hardcore gamers love gamestop. They think it's cheap and has good deals. Plus what a wonderful thing the GS powerup rewards card is. :bs:

Traded these in:
Crysis 2 6.40
Ratchet and Clank 1.21
God of War Collection 6.40
Total: 14.01

for God of War Saga 21.69.
So 7.68 out of my pocket.

Wasn't exactly pleased because I thought Crysis2 would sell for 10, and my copy of Fallout 3 GOTY was sealed which could've gotten me 15(?) credits. Or else I would've copped Shadow/Ico along with it.

If I go to another GS and print out another coupon to use and return what I purchased today, would I still get the most out of my purchase?

Yeah I was just pissed when I bought SR3 as "New", then it didn't come with the online co-op code. It is fraud, plain and simple. IMO any game opened/no shrink wrap, is used.

If they were a car dealership, they'd sell "brand new" cars that had their odometer rolled back.

[quote name='redmangoose']Traded these in:
Crysis 2 6.40
Ratchet and Clank 1.21
God of War Collection 6.40
Total: 14.01

for God of War Saga 21.69.
So 7.68 out of my pocket.

Wasn't exactly pleased because I thought Crysis2 would sell for 10, and my copy of Fallout 3 GOTY was sealed which could've gotten me 15(?) credits. Or else I would've copped Shadow/Ico along with it.

If I go to another GS and print out another coupon to use and return what I purchased today, would I still get the most out of my purchase?[/QUOTE]

GameStop isn't Glyde. You're not going to get more for a game if it's sealed.

Anyway, here's my haul. Ended up spending $13.54 for 11 games. Getting rid of those God of War games saved me so much space in my shelf.

2i12jns.jpg

^I heard it's really easy to sell games on Glyde.
Like you get a prepaid sticker and package from them when you list the item.
Do you know how much are the extra charges like shipping?

[quote name='Ceol_CAG']You mean the bundles? Nah, it only works on the games by themselves. I tried that and it didn't work (associate was kind enough to scan one to see if it would, no go).[/QUOTE]

No I mean does the 50% bonus credit apply to traded in accessories like controllers? I have hella red DS3s from the GOW Origins bundle getting clearanced at my BB.

I missed the last time controllers were getting a boost, so i'd really like to get rid of these, as I plan on getting 2 DS3s on Black Friday. (I want all different colors, lol.)

The email says games, so I would guess not. I'll find out, since I've got a DS3 that doesn't work anymore and I want to see if they will give me anything for it.

[quote name='DRV']GameStop isn't Glyde. You're not going to get more for a game if it's sealed.

Anyway, here's my haul. Ended up spending $13.54 for 11 games. Getting rid of those God of War games saved me so much space in my shelf.

2i12jns.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I would of kept the origins collections as its download only in GoW Saga

[quote name='TheLongshot']The email says games, so I would guess not. I'll find out, since I've got a DS3 that doesn't work anymore and I want to see if they will give me anything for it.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, damnit hehe. Thanks for the info, I never got the email or coupon, I price matched at BB instead. I might still try as well if I head that way, but its about a half hour away.

Just a tip though for anyone that REALLY wants GOW Saga or Infamous collection: If you have an old DS3 you want replaced anyway, you will get $27ish at GS, which would make the controller bundles like $33.

Pretty damn cheap to replace a DS3 AND get a sealed copy of the game you're after, but not really a "deal" of course. That said, DS3s will be $35 at Best Buy for BF, so keep that in mind.

Crap, should've traded in my individual God of War games and upgraded to the Saga set...shelf space is running out. Oh well, grabbed Jak for 10.69

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Just want to mention that I started to play Journey about a couple of hours ago and this might be one of the most amazing games I have every played.[/QUOTE]
Totally agree! I loved every minute if it.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Just want to mention that I started to play Journey about a couple of hours ago and this might be one of the most amazing games I have every played.[/QUOTE]

Game Of The Year, as far as I'm concerned.

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']I have a code I won't be using....So PM me for it, itll be random who I pick! Follow me on Twitter @thearmysbest (wont hurt your chances lol )[/QUOTE]

Id love the code! Thanks

i'm going to start Journey in the next day or two. i keep hearing a lot of great things about it.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Totally agree! I loved every minute if it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cheapskate']Game Of The Year, as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='uiengineer']i'm going to start Journey in the next day or two. i keep hearing a lot of great things about it.[/QUOTE]

Never once played it. Best part is I bought the Art or Journey signed hardcover book without ever touching the game itself.

Now saying that I did buy this collection just a few days ago so one day I'll play it.

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']After about 30 responses i picked Anexanhume CONGRATS!! I PMED the code[/QUOTE]

Props to you for giving the code away to someone who wants it :)

I ended up with:
Ratchet and Clank collection
Jack and Daxter collection
Journey
Uncharted 1+2
Infamous collection

Everything was factory sealed except Journey was unsealed and missing the 1 month PS+ card. I don't care because I lucked out so big with nice GS employees.

I almost bought the Killzone trilogy just for Killzone 1, but decided against it. I think they said the TIV for killzone 2 is .50 cents and the TIV for Killzone 3 is $4.50. I'll have to stick with my vanilla copies. The base TIV for Infamous 2 dropped to $7, but I can live with that.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I ended up with:
Ratchet and Clank collection
Jack and Daxter collection
Journey
Uncharted 1+2
Infamous collection

Everything was factory sealed except Journey was unsealed and missing the 1 month PS+ card. I don't care because I lucked out so big with nice GS employees.

I almost bought the Killzone trilogy just for Killzone 1, but decided against it. I think they said the TIV for killzone 2 is .50 cents and the TIV for Killzone 3 is $4.50. I'll have to stick with my vanilla copies. The base TIV for Infamous 2 dropped to $7, but I can live with that.[/QUOTE]Just out of curiosity, did you get 50% off the Uncharted Dual Pack? The coupon isn't supposed to allow it.

[quote name='Vigilante']Just out of curiosity, did you get 50% off the Uncharted Dual Pack? The coupon isn't supposed to allow it.[/QUOTE]

I used the coupon on the Uncharted Dual Pack a couple of days ago and it went through just fine (both the 50% off, and the extra 50% for trades). This was a coupon that GS emailed me though so it had the Uncharted Dual Pack pictured on the print-out and specifically listed in the fine print, unlike those original coupons.

Funny because the coupon never actually showed up in my Active Offers at any point, even though I ended up waiting days after getting the email to use it...

[quote name='Assau1tedCracka']After about 30 responses i picked Anexanhume CONGRATS!! I PMED the code[/QUOTE]

Coupon doesn't seem to be working at cart, but thanks for picking me even if the code is broken. Rest assured I had planned to buy every collection on sale :) I have the GS credit and was going to trade in the games I already do have for the 100% bonus to BB and effectively trade in-store credit for BF.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Coupon doesn't seem to be working at cart, but thanks for picking me even if the code is broken. Rest assured I had planned to buy every collection on sale :) I have the GS credit and was going to trade in the games I already do have for the 100% bonus to BB and effectively trade in-store credit for BF.[/QUOTE]

The coupon doesn't work online; store only

Picked up Jak & Daxter Collection ($10), Journey CE ($15), Killzone Trilogy ($20) and Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection ($10).

Passed on God of War Saga since the only piece missing to my collection, God of War Origins, is downloadable only. Will wait for the discs to be $10 or less. Also, Saga will be $15 at Walmart on BF if you can get it and I'm hoping Amazon does a price-match.

Passed on Ratchet & Clank Collection hoping it'll drop to $10 like Jak & Daxter is some time soon. They don't call us CAG-ers for nothing. So many of the games I've bought from past sales have dropped even further and I haven't even opened them yet so I'm in no rush. My backlog is crazy. With that frame of mind, I wonder if I should return Killzone Trilogy since I have 2 already and is it worth $20 for parts 1 and 3? $20 used to be my pricepoint for getting games. Now, I have to wait for them to drop even lower than that before buying them.

Looking forward to playing Journey which I never heard of before this sale. Sounds like it should be quite an experience.

[quote name='Vigilante']Just out of curiosity, did you get 50% off the Uncharted Dual Pack? The coupon isn't supposed to allow it.[/QUOTE]

Then Gamestop should take it down from their website. They are still showing it as part of the sale.

bread's done
Back