Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Gamestop is apparently not taking PS2 stuff anymore, which is not unexpected. They also wouldn't take my PS3 controller because the X button sticks. I might open it up and see if I can clean it up.

But, I got decent money for my trade-ins, and got Ico/Colossus collection and Journey collection (opened, but includes PS+ code) and my PS+ renewal for $15 + my $25 gift card from eRewards.

Obviously a bunch of people are asking the same thing, but is anyone still nice enough to give out their code? Or at least trade for it? I would very much appreciate it as I intend to make good use of it though I've been a long time power up member

[quote name='TheLongshot']So, Gamestop is apparently not taking PS2 stuff anymore, which is not unexpected. They also wouldn't take my PS3 controller because the X button sticks. I might open it up and see if I can clean it up.

But, I got decent money for my trade-ins, and got Ico/Colossus collection and Journey collection (opened, but includes PS+ code) and my PS+ renewal for $15 + my $25 gift card from eRewards.[/QUOTE]

Some GameStops have stopped taking PS2 stuff, but not all

only trade worthy thing i have is a 14 day xbox live gold trial i got with halo 4 if anyone wants that for a code for the half off collection games i am down. Pm me

So, uh, what number are ya'll calling for problems / questions about the code? Just t he main corporate number?

See, I got the email, can see it in Active Offers, but when I click "Print message" all that comes up is the text of the offer and the picture. *No UPC* *No barcode* Nothing that the employees could accept.

And here I thought it was a perfect time to upgrade from ps2 to ps3... :(

EBC3037593-M0C7KLGC got this from an e-mail after I'd used the code in my power up rewards. Hope it works for someone.

[quote name='doc_j88']One of the manager's at gamestop was kind enough to give me his code. and i picked up Ratchet and Clank collection.[/QUOTE]

Same here. A nice CAG tried to give me his but mis-typed. Cashier wasn't going to use hers so she gave it to me. Picked up ratchet & clank, jak & daxter, god of war saga, infamous, journey and ico & shadow of the colussus collections. All on credit from when I sold my old xbox to upgrade to the halo edition. All came sealed except for journey, and journey still had the ps plus trial and avatar codes inside.

So only certain people get the coupon code? That seems kind off odd...I am a power up rewards member and I got no code

yes it is only certain people called waited on hold for about 30 minutes just to be told that there is nothing they can do since the promo is only for certain select pur members.

Those of you who have a lot of points......don't forget, you can buy a Sony Collection with a PUR ($)-off coupon and get the 50% trade in bump.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Those of you who have a lot of points......don't forget, you can buy a Sony Collection with a PUR ($)-off coupon and get the 50% trade in bump.[/QUOTE]

Also dont forget you can buy 1 and get the 50% bump trade-in and then return the game.

[quote name='Hoos First']Also dont forget you can buy 1 and get the 50% bump trade-in and then return the game.[/QUOTE]

Lol! I wondered about that. I decided to trade in a collection for $10.xx and re-buy it for $10.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lol! I wondered about that. I decided to trade in a collection for $10.xx and re-buy it for $10.[/QUOTE]

Wait.....what?

[quote name='thundarr']Wait.....what?[/QUOTE]

GS didn't send me the coupon(PUR Pro member) that gets 50% off the collections and the 50% extra trade in credit when buying the collection/s.

I wanted the 50% additional trade in credit that buying a Collection would get, so...

I took a Sony Collection that I got a while back, pre-owned, for $12 Best Buy credit and traded it in for $10.xx towards the same Collection because the games I had would net me a decent amount with the 50% extra bump. Most of the games were from the buy 2 get 1 pre-owned sale Best Buy just had.

All of this was with trade in credit and 10,000 PUR points. Juggling this credit around to prepare for the big sales!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Hell yeah. I know from personal experience how much that person appreciates it. I never received a code in my account. After today, I've actually had 2 GS employees offer to give me their code. I can't believe the good luck. I will give them the best survey reviews possible.

I ended up with:
Ratchet and Clank collection
Jack and Daxter collection
Journey
Uncharted 1+2
Infamous collection

Everything was factory sealed except Journey was unsealed and missing the 1 month PS+ card. I don't care because I lucked out so big with nice GS employees.

I almost bought the Killzone trilogy just for Killzone 1, but decided against it. I think they said the TIV for killzone 2 is .50 cents and the TIV for Killzone 3 is $4.50. I'll have to stick with my vanilla copies. The base TIV for Infamous 2 dropped to $7, but I can live with that.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know the TIV for Infamous 1/Uncharted 1/GOW 1 & 2 Collections & any possible bonuses? Now that these collections have been thought of I'd like to upgrade. I wanted to just get origins to avoid the DLC part of it, but it would cost more to try and pick up GOW3 in addition. I know I'm a little bit behind, the backlog gets too big sometimes.

So there are new controller bundles featuring Infamous, god of war and ratchet and clank. Do you think the 50% trade would work toward these? Its the same exact game, just packaged with a controller...

I want to trade in Most wanted and a dual shock 3 for the god of war saga w/red controller.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']So there are new controller bundles featuring Infamous, god of war and ratchet and clank. Do you think the 50% trade would work toward these? Its the same exact game, just packaged with a controller...

I want to trade in Most wanted and a dual shock 3 for the god of war saga w/red controller.[/QUOTE]
No. The only games eligible for the promo are the ones listed on the coupon and those bundles have a different SKU and wont qualify

My cousin got a coupon and I didn't and we were gonna try to pick up a copy of Ico & Shadow of the Colossus for both of us. Anyone know if this will work?

[quote name='Meraxis']My cousin got a coupon and I didn't and we were gonna try to pick up a copy of Ico & Shadow of the Colossus for both of us. Anyone know if this will work?[/QUOTE]

you can buy many collections at once. but cannot use the coupon more than once.

[quote name='georgebot84']you can buy many collections at once. but cannot use the coupon more than once.[/QUOTE]

Alright so as long as we buy them in one transaction we should be fine?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Lol! I wondered about that. I decided to trade in a collection for $10.xx and re-buy it for $10.[/QUOTE]

I traded in ico and shadow of the colussus collection for $12 at best buy and re-bought at gamestop for $10. Wanted to essentially transfer the credit because BB has better BF deals. I got $34 out of god of war 3, god of war collections, infamous 1 and ico/shadow of the colussus.

I have the basic free account and the coupon. I picked up GoW Saga, I have never played any of them and figured this would be the perfect time to finnaly give them a shot.

I was temped on the Killzone collection, but passed since I have all them already (though having Killzone HD would be nice!)

i got a coupon in my account for in store only. is there a way to get it for online purchase. my location only has open boxes and i don't wanna risk someone already using the code.

[quote name='rbenns2']I had an account, but it wasn't activated. I activated it, but I got no coupon. I'm such a loser![/QUOTE]

u don't need the coupon to buy in store, u just give the clerk the code... lol.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I traded in ico and shadow of the colussus collection for $12 at best buy and re-bought at gamestop for $10. Wanted to essentially transfer the credit because BB has better BF deals. I got $34 out of god of war 3, god of war collections, infamous 1 and ico/shadow of the colussus.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think I got $11.20 for the 1 I traded in at GS. Don't think I've noticed you in this thread(well, if you have GS credit):http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322515&page=92

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Actually, I think I got $11.20 for the 1 I traded in at GS. Don't think I've noticed you in this thread(well, if you have GS credit):http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322515&page=92[/QUOTE]

I didn't flip (per se). I traded my old copy in at best buy and re-bought at gamestop on credit, effectively transferring my credit to BB, which I prefer for BF. I didn't buy with the sole intention of re-selling. I'm not into flipping.

[quote name='AznDragon89']i went to best buy to try to pm this and the manager got mad and said We don't pm promotions, only prices[/QUOTE]

I went to Best Buy last week, and the clerk refused to price match anything involving a coupon (given that the Gamestop website had all the games listed at full price).

Looks like I picked the wrong day to swing by GS to try to use my coupon ... forgot that Blops2 is being released tonight.

In any case, have yet to find a store that has all 3 titles I want ... all of them had at least 2. Hit 3 different stores. Have 2 more to try tomorrow.

Question ... at one of the stores, the associate mentioned that I could buy in the store (the missing game I wanted) and have it shipped by Gamestop.com to my home. Has anyone done this before? Will I be able to use the coupon, if I do? ... and if so, will they add shipping?

Perhaps this was mentioned already, but did anyone else get a SEALED God of War Saga that did NOT have the PS+ code? The GameStop site and even the official PlayStation blog both mention it comes with one.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Mine didn't have it, nothing on the case about it either.[/QUOTE]

this, did get my voucher for Origins tho

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Perhaps this was mentioned already, but did anyone else get a SEALED God of War Saga that did NOT have the PS+ code? The GameStop site and even the official PlayStation blog both mention it comes with one.[/QUOTE]

mine has both, voucher for origin on top and psn on back.

Still not showing up. Gonna get screwed again. If GS wants to get more customers, giving some the code and not others is NOT the best way to do it.

I saw some people were getting PS+ codes in their GOW copies, so I opened my shipped copy of Journey the other day. Got my PS+ code!:) Checked it just to do it.

[quote name='coolrust']mine has both, voucher for origin on top and psn on back.[/QUOTE]

The 2nd print run of the Collections don't have PS Plus codes. If it mentions it on the box, it should have the code. But if it's a newer copy of it, it won't have a code.

[quote name='IamPro']So will the Uncharted dual pack work with coupon?[/QUOTE]

The answer has been said countless times in this thread. Look it up.

bread's done
Back