Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='barrit']The X is there incase you want to remove the coupon from your order.

I just tried the coupon code and it still works. Be sure to use SAVER for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

...but it did not discount the game at all either.

[quote name='AkariK']Neat, Sony50 worked and I get free shipping on R&C, though as someone else mentioned I'm paying double the tax. Oh well, my extra $1.30 is the cost of the time/gas I saved trying to deal with CS and then driving to the store I suppose.[/QUOTE]

tax is applied to item before price reduction not after!

and yeah I don't see the Uncharted 1,2 pack and Infamous 1+2 pack online wtf!?!

[quote name='crimsonassassin']...but it did not discount the game at all either.[/QUOTE]
I had to enter my pur number again for some reason. It' worked for me after that.

Just a question guys. I'm paying with my power up card which i was able to use in store and not pay any tax. Yet it's asking me for tax online. Is this normal?

[quote name='Orochi Jin']Welp, printed out pages when the deal was still listed on them, went in store, and got it price adjusted.

Ratchet + God Of War for 37.

Done![/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I did. each item's printout was 6 or 7 pages long, with the details of the offer at the bottom of the first page on most, sometimes trailing onto the second page. I know clusterfuck deals such as this always need to be printed/screencapped and hit up quickly.

Hopefully it will indeed come back for everyone without requiring a coupon, manual price adjustments/manager overrides et al though...

[quote name='barrit']GoW Origins never applied for this deal. The OP was just breaking it down for a way that you can considering the price you're paying.

You have to do it one at a time and only titles with MSRP over $24.98 will qualify for free shipping (SAVER).. so you can get Ratchet & Clank with FS, but you will have to wait on Jak & Daxter until the day the deal is suppose to go live (11/4) to get it in-store.[/QUOTE]
Well that is a bummer about Origins. Guess I'll wait till my birthday on Sunday and try to pick up the remaining two. I would like to get the Journey disc as well but, like others, I smell a PS+ freebie soon enough.

Got Ratchet and Clank Collection for $17.09 after taxes (they charged taxes on the initial $29.99 price I assume). SAVER and SONY50 stacked.

Thanks OP, glad to see this deal finally came through.

anyone know if this works with the bundles that come with the controllers

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Just a question guys. I'm paying with my power up card which i was able to use in store and not pay any tax. Yet it's asking me for tax online. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

I guess so. I just finished an email exchange with GS about a pre-order that I noticed taxes on. They basically said GS collects taxes except for states with no sales tax, which I know isn't the case because I'm in TX and I don't get charged taxes in store when I buy something with store credit. I don't know. I tried, but it's always been this way online.

For some reason, the code is not working on Uncharted Dual Pack. I bought others successfully, so I don't know what's up with Dual Pack. If I add inFamous Collection, it takes the $15 off, but not for Uncharted....:cry:

[quote name='ithebigc']For some reason, the code is not working on Uncharted Dual Pack. I bought others successfully, so I don't know what's up with Dual Pack. If I add inFamous Collection, it takes the $15 off, but not for Uncharted....:cry:[/QUOTE]

I think someone posted earlier that the OP is wrong with that title on the list.

still no coupon, so i ordered Journey Collectors Edition from GameFly to at least guarantee that...i will wait it out for Killzone...i already have 2 and 3, but no DLC...for $20, i can get KZ1 and the DLC i missed

[quote name='Brother Daz']I had to enter my pur number again for some reason. It' worked for me after that.[/QUOTE]

It is not working for me either way. Not a big deal though...I mainly wanted Jak and I got that in the store.

Isn't it more likely that they will cancel orders of more the one? Seems like the discount was supposed to be only one game?

[quote name='sticnap']Isn't it more likely that they will cancel orders of more the one? Seems like the discount was supposed to be only one game?[/QUOTE]
This was the main reason I only ordered GoW saga. There were a few others I wanted but GoW was at the top of my list.

To: whom posted the SONY50 code, you saved my ass, was watching this all day wanting the RC collection but wasn't BS enough to walk in without proof, your post saved the day. Rang it up on phone, they stared at it for about 5-10 minutes, bitched and argued for a minute while I repeatedly lifted phone urging in their direction, then I walked out with RC collection for 15+tax (VERYNICE) *should have read all post there after but.... I didn't, BC I ran to GS the second it was posted and got my game... got home then started playing... I apologize to all collateral damage reading this poor posting*.... but f u the props was to the SONY50

[quote name='barrit']I think someone posted earlier that the OP is wrong with that title on the list.[/QUOTE]

yeah me :)

I'd like to get the GoW: Origins disc, but it's not available for shipping. Hopefully that might change. I don't want a code to DL for the game.

Supid question, but does Gamestop reduce the value of your gift cards accordingly after placing an order? I placed 3 orders, and after the 2nd order I thought my gift card balance was "off" from what I remember. When I placed the 3rd order and looked up the balance afterwards, it hadn't changed from 2nd to 3rd. Is this normal, or do I have to call in and fix it (e.g. I bought more than was on the gift card so they will cancel my orders)?

EDIT: OK, now my balance is $0.00, what the hell?!

Their coupon system is messed up, charging double tax on these online orders. But that method of accounting (applying discounts post-tax) also allows the $24.99 & up SAVER code to kick in on a $15 R&C order.

I guess I'll consider the extra $1.35 to be the "free" shipping charge.

[quote name='krztov']had best buy ready to price match finally (on the phone for the website), they put me on hold to adjust, after 10 minutes, call dropped, refresh GS page, deal gone, now i'm SOL :([/QUOTE]

Yeah the deal disappeared from the site during my 5 minute drive from work to GameStop. So had no luck on KZ trilogy. :whistle2:(

EDIT: Wow, didn't realize someone had figured out a code for it to work. After some finagling, I was able to get both it and the free shipping code to work. KZ Trilogy for $22.xx. :)

I ain't reading everything but if it's already here..... Tough titty....... If you use the coupon code "SAVER" its free ship over 24.99, but worked in combo with half price journey. So 14.99 free ship

[quote name='zappa103']I ain't reading everything but if it's already here..... Tough titty....... If you use the coupon code "SAVER" its free ship over 24.99, but worked in combo with half price journey. So 14.99 free ship[/QUOTE]

Coupon is considering original price not after coupon.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Coupon is considering original price not after coupon.[/QUOTE]
Not for me. Saver isn't working with journey for me.

Got:
-God of War Saga = $23.29
-Journey Collector's Edition = $17.46
-Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection = $15.42
(Code SAVER doesn't work on Ico/SotC because it doesn't reach the necessary $24.99 price but with basic shipping + taxes it comes out to $15.42)

Excellent prices. Been waiting for GoW Saga to go down to around $20.

Fake coupon worked for me. The guy was going to call it in, but I could hear the phone say "Unusually long hold times" so he said "fuck it, I'll give it to you."

Got Killzone Trilogy for $19.99+ tax. It was the store display copy, but it's only been on the shelf for about a week and the voucher worked, so I'm content.

[quote name='barrit']I think someone posted earlier that the OP is wrong with that title on the list.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for letting me know. Saved me the trouble of continually adding and removing the code in the hopes that it'd work once.

OP, please update the OP to remove the Dual Pack so others don't make the same mistake! :bouncy:

Not sure why people are having problems using the code or finding the games, they are all there. I think I'll just wait a few days to go by the store though to maybe pick up GOW saga, Killzone, and Uncharted 1+2 (I have 2 already, brand new sealed but think I'll try to take that back somewhere, sell, or trade it).

[quote name='foreverjoe20']Got:
-God of War Saga = $23.29
-Journey Collector's Edition = $17.46
-Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection = $15.42
(Code SAVER doesn't work on Ico/SotC because it doesn't reach the necessary $24.99 price but with basic shipping + taxes it comes out to $15.42)

Excellent prices. Been waiting for GoW Saga to go down to around $20.[/QUOTE]

Did you do three separate orders online?

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']How is everyone getting Journey to work with saver?[/QUOTE]

By typing in SAVER on the coupon redemption field? Worked perfectly for me.

Thanks OP, I've been waiting for a Journey CE deal for a long time!

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']How is everyone getting Journey to work with saver?[/QUOTE]

I typed in SONY50 first and then SAVER. Got it to go down to $17.46 (with taxes).

[quote name='fatboyjam']Did you do three separate orders online?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it wouldn't accept it with all three titles in my cart. But no big deal. Just a little more time than I expected.

And both codes worked every transaction.

Awesome, thanks whoever put up the online code! I'm a PUR Member, but never got the coupon, so was able to snag the GoW Saga for $25 total!

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I haven't posted yet today but thanks for chilling me out. I'm still pretty pissed though that I don't have a coupon. I have close to 70,000 poweruppro points right now if that gives you any indication how much I shop at Gamestop.

I'm heading out to Gamestop now because there are 6 games I want to buy. I'm sure it will be super duper simple for me to get a gamestop employee to give me a manual override on 6 games like he did for your jak and daxter game. I bet it will be very simple and easy to convince someone to do that. Thanks again for chilling us out.

Edit: Ok... maybe I should just try 1 game at first.[/QUOTE]

Ok bro. So next time I have something helpful to get people in on a deal I should STFU?

Amazing deal.
Got Journey Collector's Edition for $17.46. I first used Saver, then Sony50.
I'm still deciding if I should get Ico / Shadow of the Colossus, but I don't want to pay for the shipping fees. Anyone know how you can use Sony50 for in store purchase?

Picked up god of war saga and ico/shadow for 40 cents after trading in uc3 goty and a copy of asscreed I found on the road. Lol. The 50% boost was automatic after scanning one Sony game and the coupon worked fine. Thanks op.

Quick question: I know Journey Collector's Edition has Flower, Flow and a couple additional TGC mini games. But, is the Journey on the disk identical to the PSN game, or does it have extra content?

The whole thing seemed like more trouble than it was worth, but in the end I did put in an order for R&C collection with the codes. I can live with $17.xx for that disc. Kept my Gamefly order on Journey, all the same. Thanks to all the posters who kept at it and provided the information.

[quote name='fatboyjam']Quick question: I know Journey Collector's Edition has Flower, Flow and a couple additional TGC mini games. But, is the Journey on the disk identical to the PSN game, or does it have extra content?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK it's the same but there are exclusive making-ofs.

bread's done
Back