Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I dont get the coupon by the time Im off, can I just walk in the store and tell them to input SONY50 and the discount will apply? I already put a hold in store for uncharted.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']If I dont get the coupon by the time Im off, can I just walk in the store and tell them to input SONY50 and the discount will apply? I already put a hold in store for uncharted.[/QUOTE]

Uncharted isn't part of the sale and SONY50 has expired.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Question: It says "Gamestop loyalty card required". I don't have the PHYSICAL card, can I still get it with my phone number and ID?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they can get your info with your phone number.

I didnt get the coupon, I was so wanting GoW Saga and possibly Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus or the Killzone Trilogy. This is definitely disappointing the way this promotion was handled.

Just got my coupon today. :D

I'm going to go to my local store and grab these today or tomorrow:
-Jak & Daxter Collection
-Killzone Trilogy
-Ratchet & Clank Collection

I considered getting the Infamous/GOW collections but I have the individual HD games/sets so it's not worth it for me to re-buy them at this point.
I already have the Journey, Ico/SOTC, and Uncharted sets or else I'd snap them up in a heartbeat.

argh I have to go to 3 different stores to buy the games I want sealed and have one of the stores return / rebuy them so I can use my coupon in one transaction.

No coupon here but I guess that's okay since I ordered Jak collection online and wanted uncharted but seeing as they removed it I may give my coupon away if I ever get one

Ahhhhh..... received the coupon in my account. Now I just have to decide if I actually want GoW and Killzone Trilogy. I actually already own all the games, but this would allow me to get rid of the others and keep them all in one package. Aside from those two, any others in this promotion recommended?

[quote name='yruluis']is it one time use only?[/QUOTE]

yes

[quote name='Havok83']are the coupons unique and tied to your account? If not, can someone mind sparing one for me?[/QUOTE]

They are unique, but I don't think it is tied to your account.

Yep. Still no coupon in mine. Got excited when I saw an active offer, only to find out out it was the Buy 2, Get 1 Free offer you get when you either sign up or renew yours (renewed mine on the 1st before it expired).

Since i neet got the coupon and have a rewards card. What I did Thursday was print out the coupon that someone posted on here. Took it to the store. The coupons are unique to each PUR member. So they wouldn't sell me the games. I told them I got the coupon in an email showed them the website on my phone and they looked up my account to see if I had used the coupon. They manually gave me 50% off my games. Just remember act like you know what you are doing, be aggressive, but don't be a jerk.

Picked up Ico/SotC, Jak, and Killzone trilogy for $40 plus tax. Big thanks for the heads-up! I would never have noticed this coupon otherwise.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']I posted a little while back that I was once a pro member it expired in August and I got the coupon in my active offers this morning.[/QUOTE]

That's the weird thing when I log in there is no "active offers" link. I've activated my card but I still don't see anything. FML.

edit: holy crap I'm an artard... I was logging in with the wrong account *facepalm* I have the coupon

Is this a single-use coupon? Thus, if I find only one item I want at a store (and use the coupon to buy it) and later find more items in stock at a second store that I want, the coupon won't work a second time at the second store.

Just picked up Jak, they were still holding the copy I requested on Thursday. I thought about picking up the KZ collection for KZ1 HD, but couldn't justify it for $20 since I already have 2 & 3.

It was a lot of headache, but I got all 3 games that I wanted.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Is this a single-use coupon? Thus, if I find only one item I want at a store (and use the coupon to buy it) and later find more items in stock at a second store that I want, the coupon won't work a second time at the second store.[/QUOTE]

Single-use.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']Is this a single-use coupon? Thus, if I find only one item I want at a store (and use the coupon to buy it) and later find more items in stock at a second store that I want, the coupon won't work a second time at the second store.[/QUOTE]

What you do is, you buy the game at store 1 without using the coupon (thus paying full price). Bring game 1 from store 1 to store 2 that has game 2. Return game 1 at store 2 and buy both game 1+2 at store 2 with coupon

Very happy that the coupon showed up in my account. Was able to go to my nearest store and pick up Ratchet and Jak Collections still sealed. Glad they still had those because they were the last ones.

Anyone want to try setting order to this chaos? Let's try to figure out why some people are getting it to work and some people aren't. So far we've figured out that:
1. It doesn't seem to discriminate between the free Powerup Accounts and the paid ones.
2. The SONY50 code is only working about half the time. Same with the SAVINGS code for free shipping.

Perhaps it's region-based? To add my info to this puzzle, I'm in Los Angeles, CA and I have a free Powerup Rewards account. I did not get the coupon in my Active Offers page and the SONY50 code would not work online for me. The above is also true for a friend of mine who attempted the same.

Also, may not be important, but my local Gamestop would not accept the coupon printout someone had posted here earlier because it didn't have the code.

Got the coupon on my free powerup rewards account :)
I haven't bought anything from them in a while except I did buy a fightstick pro less than a month ago for the PS3 and had an ACIII preorder.
The coupon states is NOT valid for pre-owned if anyone was wondering.

I'm going to get the GOW saga & trade my GOWIII, don't know if I'm going to pick up either Ico or Killzone, I still have K3 sealed in my backlog :S The Uncharted pack is not part of the coupon offer.

Anyone traded in GOWIII and/or Killzone 3 to see must current trade in price? Last value that I saw was before the sale was live on the trade-in-value of cag

[quote name='Squigley']Anyone want to try setting order to this chaos? Let's try to figure out why some people are getting it to work and some people aren't. So far we've figured out that:
1. It doesn't seem to discriminate between the free Powerup Accounts and the paid ones.
2. The SONY50 code is only working about half the time. Same with the SAVINGS code for free shipping.

Perhaps it's region-based? To add my info to this puzzle, I'm in Los Angeles, CA and I have a free Powerup Rewards account. I did not get the coupon in my Active Offers page and the SONY50 code would not work online for me. The above is also true for a friend of mine who attempted the same.

Also, may not be important, but my local Gamestop would not accept the coupon printout someone had posted here earlier because it didn't have the code.[/QUOTE]
Poplar Bluff , Missouri here free member and received it.

[quote name='dawman45']The Uncharted 1 & 2 dual pack does not work in store. It's actually not even listed on the coupon.[/QUOTE]
Makes no sense, since it's part of this.

Noticed this promotion on Gamestop's home page last night and was disappointed when I didn't see it this morning.

Checked my account for the coupon and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FPimCmbX8

I plan on picking up Ratchet and Clank with it. I wish they listed the 50% extra trade-in detail on the same page/coupon.

BTW, does Gamestop still accept PS2 and PSP games for trade credit?

[quote name='Carlanga']Got the coupon on my free powerup rewards account :)[/QUOTE]

It's bullshit that free members are getting the coupon before some of us paid members. I'm usually a GameStop defender, but it's this kind of crap that makes me understand the haters.

[quote name='hobbie8046']It's bullshit that free members are getting the coupon before some of us paid members. I'm usually a GameStop defender, but it's this kind of crap that makes me understand the haters.[/QUOTE]

Free member and not seeing anything in my Active Offers tab. All it says it "no items displayed"

Kinda pisses me off. I already never shop Gamestop because BBY seems to trump anything they could ever consider offering, but it would be giving me this coupon as good gesture that might make me spend money at their stores.

[quote name='Squigley']Anyone want to try setting order to this chaos? Let's try to figure out why some people are getting it to work and some people aren't. So far we've figured out that:

Also, may not be important, but my local Gamestop would not accept the coupon printout someone had posted here earlier because it didn't have the code.[/QUOTE]

Well, I called their customer service number, which I figured would be no help and was correct. I have know clue if this is correct since 90% of the time those fuckers will say whatever they think will get you off the phone the quickest, which doesn't work in my case. I told them that if they were not going to give the me criteria of what determines which PUR members get the coupon then I would have no choice but to consider this discrimination. I went on for at least 30 minutes cutting that dickhead off every time he was about to repeat the same bullshit but ultimately to no avail. Basically what he told me was that Sony gave them a "limited number of coupons" and that they "have not received any information regarding the criteria for sending PUR members the coupon". So if I haven't received it by Monday, I'm calling corporate and will get it (and probably more) since I know how to deal with those assholes from prior dealings and from my own corporate retail work experience. :whistle2:x

[quote name='hobbie8046']It's bullshit that free members are getting the coupon before some of us paid members. I'm usually a GameStop defender, but it's this kind of crap that makes me understand the haters.[/QUOTE]It's a business tactic to get people who don't frequent there as often to start going there.

bread's done
Back