Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hellboypi']Placed an in-store pickup for I&S, J&D and R&C but when I try to make one for Journey the webpage never finalizes my order. It just hangs there 'finalizing.'

(Maybe it's out of stock? Anyone else ever have this problem with GS?)[/QUOTE]
You can only do 3 a day or something like that. The website never tells you that, but the iPhone app does.

Also, make sure they scan the pick-up sheet when you buy the games or your "pick-up quota" wont reset for a few days.

[quote name='hellboypi']Placed an in-store pickup for I&S, J&D and R&C but when I try to make one for Journey the webpage never finalizes my order. It just hangs there 'finalizing.'

(Maybe it's out of stock? Anyone else ever have this problem with GS?)[/QUOTE]

It's an unwritten rule, but you can only have 3 pickups pending at 1 time.

[edit] Ninja'd

[quote name='ThunderChunky62']Does the coupon work on the dual shock bundle packs as well?[/QUOTE]

The manager let me use it on the DUal SHock infamous 2 pack. in fact when he realized that was the last copy of infamous 2 in the store, he actually told me to use it on that dual shock combo pack, and trade in the controller.

[quote name='Sandrock7383']The manager let me use it on the DUal SHock infamous 2 pack. in fact when he realized that was the last copy of infamous 2 in the store, he actually told me to use it on that dual shock combo pack, and trade in the controller.[/QUOTE]
I thinks folks want to know if the coupon works automatically on the DS3 combos. Did the manger just do a manual reduction for you?

just got gow saga and journey but journey wasnt sealed, but whatever i was fine with it. was too lazy to drive around other gamestops just to get a sealed copy with the coupon.

[quote name='Roll']Sorry if dumb question, but is being a poweruprewards member free? or do I have to pay to get the coupon?[/QUOTE]

well I'm a free member and didnt get it, but some have gotten it.

Never got a coupon from GS. Managed to successfully PM to BB. Picked up Infamous and Killzone. I noticed though that they only took off $14 off Infamous instead of $15 but $1 isnt worth complaining so I'll take it

[quote name='Nemo_Griffin']Hmmm... wonder if i can sign up for a card online.[/QUOTE]
No. You have to do it instore and then activate online

[quote name='Havok83']

No. You have to do it instore and then activate online[/QUOTE]
Well that's an issue because the nearest one is 300 miles and I'm not willing to waste 200 dollars on that trip just to get a card.

[quote name='Nemo_Griffin']Well that's an issue because the nearest one is 300 miles and I'm not willing to waste 200 dollars on that trip just to get a card.[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, where do you live that you are 300 miles away from a chain that has over 4,400 retail locations in the US alone?

[quote name='sgaldis']Out of curiosity, where do you live that you are 300 miles away from a chain that has over 4,400 retail locations in the US alone?[/QUOTE]I live in a tourist town in Alaska and the nearest one is in Anchorage, which they have 4 of. Lucky bastards, but high crime rate though. I usually rely on shipping to get my fix. From Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy, and etc.

[quote name='Nemo_Griffin']Well that's an issue because the nearest one is 300 miles and I'm not willing to waste 200 dollars on that trip just to get a card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sgaldis']Out of curiosity, where do you live that you are 300 miles away from a chain that has over 4,400 retail locations in the US alone?[/QUOTE]
...and how were you planning on buying the games? Sending the code to friend/family member and have them buy and ship it to you?

[quote name='klimb22']You can only do 3 a day or something like that. The website never tells you that, but the iPhone app does.

Also, make sure they scan the pick-up sheet when you buy the games or your "pick-up quota" wont reset for a few days.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']It's an unwritten rule, but you can only have 3 pickups pending at 1 time.

[edit] Ninja'd[/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I thought that might be a reason and I tried to get around it by using different information when submitting but still not having any luck...
Not the end of the world; I just can't make it to store before tomorrow afternoon.

[quote name='klimb22']...and how were you planning on buying the games? Sending the code to friend/family member and have them buy and ship it to you?[/QUOTE]
Ohh... you have to buy it from instore. Well that's B.S.

[quote name='Nemo_Griffin']Ohh... you have to buy it from instore. Well that's B.S.[/QUOTE]
Yup! You missed your chance to get it online on Friday. Maybe they'll open that back up.

[quote name='klimb22']Yup! You missed your chance to get it online on Friday. Maybe they'll open that back up.[/QUOTE]
I'll wait for Cyber Monday to spend my PFD then.

I have the coupon in my current offers and I've been a free member for a couple of months after letting my pro expire. I also did use the SONY50 promo the other day.

When did this site become Cheap Ass Begging? If you dont get a code then you didnt meet the criteria that Gamestop put forward. Call and complain to the 1-800 number they have and let them know that everyone should receive a code. 99% of the people on the site will prob use the code anyways.

I went down with my cell. Everything was going fine expect that he refused to sell me the Uncharted Dual pack. Which is the only thing I wanted. He was fine with other games but he said that the coupon did not mention Uncharted dual pack. I told him to check his emails and he said he didn't get anything on such a deal. So I spent 20 minutes in the store for nothing.

I don't like to bash/rant so this is where my post ends.

[quote name='Kikyou1']I went down with my cell. Everything was going fine expect that he refused to sell me the Uncharted Dual pack. Which is the only thing I wanted. He was fine with other games but he said that the coupon did not mention Uncharted dual pack. I told him to check his emails and he said he didn't get anything on such a deal. So I spent 20 minutes in the store for nothing.

I don't like to bash/rant so this is where my post ends.[/QUOTE]

It says it right in the email, Sorry you got a jerk GS rep :( Call the 1-800 on them and maybe they will work something out for you :)

Someone offered to pdf the code on the last page. There is nothing wrong with asking if someone offers. People who rag on folks who ask for help on deals or complain about not getting a deal are more annoying to me.

Don't crap on someone because you got a deal and they didn't.

[quote name='aramsey1986']It says it right in the email, Sorry you got a jerk GS rep :( Call the 1-800 on them and maybe they will work something out for you :)[/QUOTE]

It's okay ill just wait for BB to have a sell on it. Which I know they will sooner or later.

Also my biggest issue is that GS is often uneducated on their own deals. When he said he checked the email he just glanced at his computer for a little while im pretty sure he didn't even bother to look.

Could have walked out with other games but I had my heart set on the Uncharted Dual pack plus I don't want to buy from them when they refuse to honor their own deals.

Okay, went to my usual Gamestop and picked up ICO & Shadow of the Colossus, Infamous Bundle and... Uncharted Dual Pack! All for half off. The girl there asked if I needed help and I showed her the coupon and explained about Uncharted being on the website listing for half off Sony games (I searched for "selectsonycollections", which, incidentally, no longer works after I just checked). She didn't fight or even hesitate and said she'd discount it to half if I really wanted it, which I really did. So, all that for ~$42. Obviously very YMMV. Good luck to anyone else wanting Uncharted. There is some hope!

[quote name='klimb22']Yup! You missed your chance to get it online on Friday. Maybe they'll open that back up.[/QUOTE]

But you had to enter your (or anyone) PUR member number to get the online code to work.

To the person in Alaska, maybe just call that GS store that is 200 miles away, explain your situation of not being close to a GS but want to order online, maybe they'll sign you up for the free membership over the phone? Then you'll take that member number and activated it on www.poweruprewards.com

Well my code finally surprisingly showed up and my son and I went and got Jak, Ratchet, Journey, and Infamous for 58 and change. Couldnt beat it.

[quote name='style_unseen']I would've preferred a B2G1 coupon instead of this one. Anyone want to trade?

The only thing I would've gotten is Ico and GoW Saga.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM.

[quote name='ghostsong']Someone offered to pdf the code on the last page. There is nothing wrong with asking if someone offers. People who rag on folks who ask for help on deals or complain about not getting a deal are more annoying to me.

Don't crap on someone because you got a deal and they didn't.[/QUOTE]

If someone offers then PM them, hence why we have the option.

If the coupon doesnt come by Monday then GS can suck it and Ill take my business to BB (where its been for quite some time now). Ill just pm the sale and use the GC I got from preordering games from them.

Just stopped by my local store, the 50% bonus DOES take effect. I traded in GoW Collection and GoW III and got $16 (base value was 5, 2.50 from the 50% and .50 from PUR) and paid $4.27 out of pocket for GoW Saga. Not a bad deal

That's weird my code just came up today.i went to pic up JAD,RAC, and KZ bundles.i was lucky because all my gamestop are low in stock or Oos.was lucky to find one with all 3 I wanted.47$

bread's done
Back