Gamestop PS3 HD Collection Sale (11/1 - 11/14)

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Thread for code requests/giveaways/etc - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331377

Got this from neogaf and another poster on CAG. Not taking any credit. (Taking out neogaf link since its NSFW.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/01/rumor-power-up-rewards-deals-on-sony-ps3-collections-nov-1-14/

http://www.poweruprewards.com/

$10 - Ico & Shadow Colossus Collection
$10 - Jak and Daxter Collection
$15 - Uncharted 1 & 2 Pack
$20- God of War Saga (or $10 for Origins, $10 for 1&2)
$15 - Infamous 1 & 2 Pack
$15 - Journey CE
$15 - Ratchet and Clank Collection
$20 - Killzone Trilogy

You should have a coupon in you poweruprewards account. Look under My account tab for this offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to best buy today to PM the GS deal.

It went pretty smoothly. I got Ratchet and Clank, That Game Company, Jak and even the DMC collection.

5 star deal.

Bought an opened 'New' copy of Journey, and a sealed copy of the Killzone trilogy. I was going to get the Uncharted bundle, but the manager informed me it's not part of the deal...And I took his word. Sorry for doubting you CAG, Gamestop's still managed by assholes. Thanks for the deal.

Could have saved myself $18 if I would have checked with CAG first. Bought Sly,Jak, and Ico for 15.99 from the egg place on friday. I'm so mad at myself.

[quote name='Koiji']Some of you are just sore that this didn't work for you.
I placed four orders (Jak + $5 GC, inFAMOUS, Journey, and God of War) and the latter three shipped (only because Chase declined the first charge... but not the second, third, or fourth?) because they thought it was fraudulent activity having so many charges placed in such a short amount of time.

I got email confirmation of the three shipments early this afternoon.
I'm sad I missed out on Jak (though I have an 80 GB PS3 and all three games on PS2) but I only wanted it 'cause it was so damn cheap.[/QUOTE]

Don't be an ass, we're saying it didn't work because it didn't. I think a YMMV tag would be appropriate because clearly not everyone is getting this deal. Enjoy your games. Glad you got in it.

I emailed Gamestop about this deal. Here's the vague, unhelpful reply I got today. Thanks, Gamestop...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting PowerUpRewards.com.

“Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused; however, we encourage you to keep an eye out for future offers that will be made available.”

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.

[quote name='Squigley']I emailed Gamestop about this deal. Here's the vague, unhelpful reply I got today. Thanks, Gamestop...

Dear Customer,

“Unfortunately this was an offer that was not available for all customers. It was made available to a selection of customers who met the sample criteria, and we do not have extra coupons to offer. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused; however, we encourage you to keep an eye out for future offers that will be made available.”

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.[/QUOTE]

which is funny, because as I said, I was a free member and only have 2 things bought on my account, none of which were ps3 related and only 1 thing this year.

Picked up God of War Saga, Journey, and ICO/SoC Collection.
Traded in my God of War 1&2 Collection for $8 and got all of the games for $40.xx

[quote name='thisisthetito4']Hey is sly also working for this too?I thought it wasn't otherwise would of picked it up too[/QUOTE]

Says so on the first post, less it changed. Haven't been fallowing to closely.

so since no one answered the post many pages back, is the the God of war saga and controller bundle working with this deal? the post i refer to seemed to believe that other people got this to work in store. thanks.

I went to GS, showed them the website print out, and the sales rep. tried to convince me that it was an online only deal. I proceeded to point out that the advertisement specifically said "in store only". Next, they gave me some stupid assertion that in order to qualify for 50% off, I'd have to trade something in. I was hoping that I wouldn't need to use the coupon, but I pulled it out and showed it to prove that the trade-in deal and 50% off were separate deals. I was in to get UC and the game controller packs. Left with just UC though, the sales rep. acted like she was doing me a gigantic favor even though UC was originally part of the Sony select collections.

I received a coupon today. Used it to get Killzone Trilogy, Journey, Jak & Dakter and Ratchet & Clank. Spend around $69 because I also pre-ordered Halo 4, in case I decide to pick it up during the week (as a Halo 2 & 3 Vet with MLG Experience and Halo: Reach & CoD Hater, I'm a little dissapointed that Halo 4 "innovated" by "evolving" Reach's system and copying CoD's Load out System. The only redeeming aspect is the just announce Competitive Skill Rank, but I'm still not sold on the game yet. If anything, I can always spend the $5 on something else).

Anyways, I doubt this will help anyone, but here is my coupon. I guess someone can talk their way into using it at a Gamestop. (Print it and take it to the shop, and talk your way after it doesn't work). Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbzluc7saoi4ow5/PUR%20Coupon%20-%20Sony%20Collections.png

ended up going to best buy and showed them a black & white print out of this page
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/...7&sourceID=FKSJxY2VJAk-UkhRJbzVfc4JXIFptj0Zug

they honored the deal. bought all 8 collections for $120... that's 23 games for the price of 2 new games!

the funniest/saddest thing about this? i went to two local gamestop's first and showed them the same ad. the first gamestop, i showed it to a girl who said "yeah, we'll honor that" so i went up to the register and the 3 guys working there were like "nope they discontinued that"

then went to another gamestop... again, a girl who worked there said she would figure it out, but then the guy behind the counter was like "nope see how for example it says infamous is $29.99? that is the 50% off price" and i said "no it's supposed to be 50% off that price it was originally $29.99 to start" and he said "no it was like $40 ($29.99 is not 50% of 40)

so best buy saved the day for me. what a shame, i had 3 games preordered through that second gamestop, think i'll cancel them now and go to best buy instead.

good luck to everyone else... and while i want to say a big FU to gamestop, i still ended up with the deal, so either way i guess it all worked out. so, thank you gamestop?

I got a coupon and bought the last copy of Ico & Shadow of the Colossus collection in my area. Had no problem at all, they took the coupon I was in and out in a couple minutes.

[quote name='Qrusher14242']i tried to PM at best buy but they wouldnt do it since it was a coupon meant to only be used at gamestop :([/QUOTE]

Best Buy shot me down on a pm as well, and I have not received any codes from GS. I've been waiting for a decent sale on these and now that there is one, I can't get in on it. Off to Newegg for Jak and Daxter, and I'll just wait on the rest.

[quote name='Indyjones']Best Buy shot me down on a pm as well, and I have not received any codes from GS. I've been waiting for a decent sale on these and now that there is one, I can't get in on it. Off to Newegg for Jak and Daxter, and I'll just wait on the rest.[/QUOTE]
i'd still wait for tomorrow. a couple people have speculated that the deal will go wide to everyone tomorrow.

I havent used my code because they woudnt sell me the Uncharted Dual pack. If anyone wants a screen of it PM me and ill give you a link to a screen of it. Ill just keep waiting for another deal with the Uncharted Dual pack.

Edit: I have already given the code away.

[quote name='taylort3']so since no one answered the post many pages back, is the the God of war saga and controller bundle working with this deal? the post i refer to seemed to believe that other people got this to work in store. thanks.[/QUOTE]

Its YMMV. It won't work for everyone and if you want, you can try yourself.

[quote name='Velo214']still no code here. guess what also sucks. i preordered zone of the enders at radio shack using my credit from the days they had a trade in program... they say it doesnt release til nov 20th, so no shipping confirmation yet. ugh.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13351192[/QUOTE]

Wayyyyyy back in myyyyyy day, we didn't get good deals on nimbly bimbly cables and batteries on the Internet. We had to get ripped off on our electronics at Radio Shack. ;)

[quote name='Squigley']I emailed Gamestop about this deal. Here's the vague, unhelpful reply I got today. Thanks, Gamestop...

Dear Customer,

If you have any additional questions, you can respond to this email; or if you prefer to speak to someone directly, you can reach us 7 days a week 8am to 8pm at 800-883-8895.[/QUOTE]

how is that unhelpful? u didnt meet the sample criteria, they don thave to tell you what that criteria was. maybe u dont shop there often, maybe u dont update ur games in ur rewards account. who knows what the reason is, and who cares.

[quote name='Shrowd']If Game-stop has a promotion that Wal-Mart or Best Buy won't match. I will probably buy from them. But if it's equal they have lost my business. All three of those places are within a half mile of each other so it's real easy to just go elsewhere. Game-stop would care if enough people actually followed through on their concerns. I can not control what you or others do, but I do control what I do and my sons do until they are 18, and with that being said, Game-stop has lost my business.

I'm sorry that other posts have gotten you this upset at this topic.[/QUOTE]

lol again, they havent lost ur business. because this is the way it has always been. and dont give me this with enough people blah blah bs, people will still go. if not you, some ten year old. and your kids will go to and spend their allowances on used video games. btw, gs has been pullin this crap for years...still a very profitable company and i am making craptons of money off of them lol.

[quote name='paayter']how is that unhelpful? u didnt meet the sample criteria, they don thave to tell you what that criteria was. maybe u dont shop there often, maybe u dont update ur games in ur rewards account. who knows what the reason is, and who cares.[/QUOTE]

So you are saying that it is acceptable for a store can simply say that you are not eligible for a sale "just cause"?

Okay well I finally got my games.

11/1 I ordered 5 collections using Sony50 and Saver when needed (using the $5 gift card trick). The next day all but the first was cancelled and Sony50 was dead.

Friday I went to Gamestop after work and asked if they knew anything about the deal. They said no and I asked if I could price match my online orders that got cancelled. Hey it was worth a shot right?

Today I printed the banner and someone else's coupon and went back to the first gamestop. A new teller was there and after many pointless attempts at scanning and inputting the coupon (which I knew was pointless) he eventully gives me an 800 number for PUR customer service.

I played dumb on the phone (after staying on hold for like 10 minutes) saying that there was a problem with my coupon blah blah blah and was told not that the coupon was sent to random people, but that it wasn't meant to be sent at all. Anyway first gamestop was a bust.

Went across the street to bestbuy, asked if they would price match it, and they said they would. Spoiler alert, they didn't. Once my 4 unshipped collections were rung up the cashier was unable to price match to gamestop. I was looking at her screen and it wasn't a choice on the price match retailers screen (any BBY veterans able to shed some light on this?). She ended up getting a manager who told me they don't PM percentages. Great. I was so close too.

On to gamestop #2. More playing dumb more showing printed coupons and finally FINALLY I'm hit with inspiration.

"Maybe it's because I'm not a pro member anymore?" (I knew that wasn't the reason just go with it)

"Oh... oh maybe!"

"Okay, if I upgrade and it still doesn't work will you give me a manual override?"

"Yes of course."

Got my 4 unshipped collections for half off in exchange for going pro. Needless to day... YMMV.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']So you are saying that it is acceptable for a store can simply say that you are not eligible for a sale "just cause"?[/QUOTE]

That's just it. It's not a sale, its a coupon. They can most definitely limit the amount of coupons they give out to their "best" customers.

[quote name='Purkeynator']That's just it. It's not a sale, its a coupon. They can most definitely limit the amount of coupons they give out to their "best" customers.[/QUOTE]

I understand the idea of giving coupons out to their "best" customers but some people have spent less than $100 at Gamestop ever, got a coupon, while some people (including myself) have spent thousands of dollars there over the years but don't have a coupon.

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']Plus it is rumored that Sony actually gave Gamestop money to have this sale.[/QUOTE]

Who "reported" this?

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I understand the idea of giving coupons out to their "best" customers but some people have spent less than $100 at Gamestop ever, got a coupon, while some people (including myself) have spent thousands of dollars there over the years but don't have a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Cry about it?

It's stupid to be sure but it's not like you're entitled to a coupon.

Finally found a friend that got the coupon, I'll go pick up God of War Saga and maybe Killzone Trilogy and Ico and the Shadow of the Colossus tomorrow. It took 4 friends before I found someone that got it.

[quote name='paayter']lol again, they havent lost ur business. because this is the way it has always been. and dont give me this with enough people blah blah bs, people will still go. if not you, some ten year old. and your kids will go to and spend their allowances on used video games. btw, gs has been pullin this crap for years...still a very profitable company and i am making craptons of money off of them lol.[/QUOTE]

You did not read his post. He said GS has lost HIS business. And IF other people followed through on their concerns...blah blah...but regardless they lost HIS business. I think this poster no longer gives a fuck if you or ten year olds want to buy all your "new" games there or not. He is beyond that point and has given up on the retailer

[quote name='CaptainDesk']
On to gamestop #2. More playing dumb more showing printed coupons and finally FINALLY I'm hit with inspiration.

"Maybe it's because I'm not a pro member anymore?" (I knew that wasn't the reason just go with it)

"Oh... oh maybe!"

"Okay, if I upgrade and it still doesn't work will you give me a manual override?"

"Yes of course."

Got my 4 unshipped collections for half off in exchange for going pro. Needless to day... YMMV.[/QUOTE]
lol... nice... everyone should try this i bet it will work for everyone. places like gamestop are probably so desperate to get people to sign up for that (i worked at fye for about 2 years where they have a similar thing so i know all about that)

[quote name='aShufflinZombie']I understand the idea of giving coupons out to their "best" customers but some people have spent less than $100 at Gamestop ever, got a coupon, while some people (including myself) have spent thousands of dollars there over the years but don't have a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Some people you can't argue with. You're better off blocking them. I can, just, imagine if the ones who are yapping about the "follower's" comment of "entitlement" didn't get a coupon or didn't get in on the deal, they'd be out of their minds, right now.

I, too, have given GS tons of business. And, while I bought Journey with online with codes....just because....it would be nice to get that coupon for the 50% trade in bonus. I admit, I'd be p********ed if I didn't, already, own Ratchet & Jak.

My store didn't have Jak or journey but had Killzone and since it is a one time use coupon I want to wait until they get those games back in stock. Would be really nice if Amazon would price match it and then for whatever reason if someone couldn't use amazon to order them i'd just give my coupon out to one of you guys.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Cry about it?

It's stupid to be sure but it's not like you're entitled to a coupon.[/QUOTE]

Well said. I rarely dive into these debates. Even less often do I find myself in the middle. But on this particular topic I do think everyone is a correct.

Beginning with the "entitled" comment. Perhaps he was entitled because he is a PUR pro member. He never would have known that he was not entitled unless he emailed to ask. That's gamestop/pur's fault for not preemptively articulating that this was a random thing. Telling people after the fact makes things harder to swallow/believe.

In response to his inquiry (which I made as well) he was told he didn't meet the criteria. As a pro member he may (as I did) find that to be a bit disloyal. Why should anyone pay for your pro membership when he/she don't get benefits that non-pro members receive?

That said, GS is entitled to create their own random criteria. That criteria can favor non-pro over pro members. I have no issue with that so long as gamestop has no issue with the possibility that pro members may not want to renew.

Alright, I'm sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings. I am a PUR PRO member. I realize that I DO feel and sound entitled but after I've given a store THOUSANDS of dollars in sales I expect to get a coupon that they have given to people that have only ever made a purchase or two there. If they were only going to give the coupon to certain people, I have no problem. It is when they advertise it as a sale for PUR members and I don't get an opportunity to buy something on sale that I get mad.

Sorry if this was mentioned, but is GoW Origins Collection really part of the deal? I went today and the employee told me it only counted for God of War Saga. Does the coupon actually work for Origins Collection?

Dear Customer,

A form letter response. Matches exactly the email I got earlier today word for word.

I'm glad Target lets you do partial returns on their B2G1 deal. I picked up God of War, Ratchet and the Jak collections on two separate purchases early last week thinking that would be the best deal I'd get on them. Luckily I got the coupon Saturday and picked them all up at GS and returned the other ones to Target. Ended up saving $16 on the three.

To the people who didn't get the coupon. I'm assuming a lot of CAG's have both PS3's and 360's. Its possible this coupon was targeted to PUR members who buy mostly PS3 games. So if you buy most of your multi platform releases on the 360, I could see you not being included on the deal. Regardless, its bush league that not everyone got the coupon. The only time I shop at Gamestop is when they have a good deal like this or if I'm gonna make a flip to BB. I'd much rather spend my money on games at BB, amazon or newegg.

Tried best buy, no go, they said something like it might be a manufacturer's coupon and wouldn't do it.

At gamestop i signed up for a free membership and asked him about the coupon but he said it only went to people with a lot of rewards points. I had called earlier and the lady said i needed to be PRO member to get it.

At target they said they don't pricematch those kind of sales. But i called another Gamestop and the guy on the phone said he would honor it, but they had closed by the time i called so i'll try tomorrow.

[quote name='Qrusher14242']But i called another Gamestop and the guy on the phone said he would honor it, but they had closed by the time i called so i'll try tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
make sure when you go you talk to the same guy. i called one of the gamestops before going and the girl said she would make it work, but then the other guy who was working there cut in and didn't let me get it.

sorry best buy didn't work for ya. i guess all best buys are different... either the workers are explained the price matching differently or some just don't care. just depends who you get i guess. the two people at my best buy seemed really laid back and cool about it.

I got the coupon yesterday.

I went to the local gamestop and got Ico and the Jak collection. They only had one copy of the Ratchet collection but there was no manual to go with it, so I didn't get it. Was there supposed to be a manual in there?

In any case, I'm pretty happy with my purchases.

[quote name='valenor the bored']I got the coupon yesterday.

I went to the local gamestop and got Ico and the Jak collection. They only had one copy of the Ratchet collection but there was no manual to go with it, so I didn't get it. Was there supposed to be a manual in there?

In any case, I'm pretty happy with my purchases.[/QUOTE]

I got the Jak and Ratchet collection. After popping in the Ratchet disk, I saw another option for the R&C Collection manual, so I'm assuming there isn't a hardcopy manual.

bread's done
Back